View Full Version : Ezekiel 4:9 Bread

BigAnt
03-05-07, 11:46 pm
This is a sprouted grain bread that is made up by freshly organically
grown gains, it has 19 amino acids - from vegetable sources. And it is
flour less.

**It is found in the frozen food section of your local supermarket**

Yes Jay Cutler eats this.

And a nutritionist Todd Ganci turned him on to it. Ganci's reasoning is it takes water to absorb the bread so IT MIGHT pull water from under your skin.

Not to steal Big Cutler's thunder, but, I have tried organic sprouted breads years ago.

There is nothig magical about them. You see I read EVERYTHING!

While reading a nursing article on cancer and diabetes, the article measured the levels of organophosphorus pesticide exposure in test subjects before and after replacing their diet with organic food. In this study it was found that levels of organophosphorus pesticide exposure dropped dramatically and immediately when they switched to an organic diet which COULD promote A HEALTHIER LIFE STYLE.

Okay eating Cutler's bread will not turn you into Cutler and if I wear Tiger Wood's golf shoes I won't play golf like Tiger.

Sure, read EVERYTHING and try new things, just Please Keep An Open Mind When Reading.

Done.

widdlewade44
03-05-07, 11:50 pm
This is great stuff BigAnt! I highly recommend it too. I've got in the fridge and freezer.

Kevin
widdlewade44

doomsdaylover
03-06-07, 12:58 am
Is it expensive? not that I can locate this elusive bread anywhere NEAR the Northwest anyways, but just curious.

BigAnt
03-06-07, 2:03 am
Is it expensive? not that I can locate this elusive bread anywhere NEAR the Northwest anyways, but just curious.

$3.50 a loaf...check in the frozen food section of your local Supermarket, near the frozen bagels....

Q
03-06-07, 2:14 am

No offense, but I have to ask if you are being sarcastic. I would have to say that portland is a pretty green/liberal city and has quite the demand for natural/organic foods. One of my roommates at school works at a place called New Seasons Market, while she is at home in portland during breaks. They seem to specialize in this stuff, and she has come back a couple of times with sprouted grain products. There is also a natural food store down town in the Pearl District, i dont remember the name right now. I hope this helps a little...the website below has locations of some of these stores. http://newseasonsmarket.com/

stumblin54
03-06-07, 2:54 am
Amen BigAnt.

doomsdaylover
03-06-07, 4:16 am
No offense, but I have to ask if you are being sarcastic. I would have to say that portland is a pretty green/liberal city and has quite the demand for natural/organic foods. One of my roommates at school works at a place called New Seasons Market, while she is at home in portland during breaks. They seem to specialize in this stuff, and she has come back a couple of times with sprouted grain products. There is also a natural food store down town in the Pearl District, i dont remember the name right now. I hope this helps a little...the website below has locations of some of these stores. http://newseasonsmarket.com/

Not bieng sarcastic, dude. Just can't seem to locate the stuff. I know we are all about organic products, but my particular neck of the woods is sans Ezekiel. Yes, we have lots of other organic food, which I eat regularly, but nothing Mr. Olympia has endorsed. Is this a great source of sadness to me? No, I still eat healthy even if no one has heard of the brands we eat...but since I've seen this ezekiel bread name-dropped on more than one occasion, I thought I'd bring it up here and see if it was some kind of superfood. Eitherway, thanks for the links and the feedback - trust me, always appreciated.

Q
03-06-07, 4:31 am
Huh, I never would have guessed, we get their cereal and some of their bakery products (breads and tortillas) out here in Walla Walla at this huckleberry's that is located inside of a super one foods, or maybe it is at Andy's, the local 7th day adventist market. My roommate seemed to know the brand before she bought it here, so I could ask her if she knows of any places in P-town that sell it.

Mr.Totality
03-06-07, 8:13 am
flour less.

And a nutritionist Todd Ganci turned him on to it. Ganci's reasoning is it takes water to absorb the bread so IT MIGHT pull water from under your skin.

Not to steal Big Cutler's thunder, but, I have tried organic sprouted breads years ago.

While reading a nursing article on cancer and diabetes, the article measured the levels of organophosphorus pesticide exposure in test subjects before and after replacing their diet with organic food. In this study it was found that levels of organophosphorus pesticide exposure dropped dramatically and immediately when they switched to an organic diet which COULD promote A HEALTHIER LIFE STYLE.

Okay eating Cutler's bread will not turn you into Cutler and if I wear Tiger Wood's golf shoes I won't play golf like Tiger.

Sure, read EVERYTHING and try new things, just Please Keep An Open Mind When Reading.

Done.
thanks bro, I am going to try it, but I know I am some genetics short of being Jay Cutler

G Diesel
03-06-07, 5:59 pm
flour less.

Done.

Well said Big Ant. Thanks for the info. You have an awesome wealth of knowledge bro. A true student of the game... Gotta keep an open mind and use every nutritional weapon you can add to your arsenal. Between you and me, I think Jay might know a thing or two about eating for size. Peace, G

Punisher
03-06-07, 6:08 pm
If you cant find ezekial bread you can always try the cereal its not bad, Big Ant is a true animal always learning and shwoing a real passion for the lifestyle, I was glad you got the chance to be a part of Big Als seminar at The Cage you can never know too much

k1usa
03-06-07, 6:18 pm
thanks for this heads up on the bread .....great information as always...this just goes to show all of us the depth of the forum members and our brotherhood of iron....

Hikeon3
03-06-07, 10:24 pm
If you have a Trader Joe's near you (chain of health food stores I've only really seen in the Southwest) then a loaf of this stuff is only $2.05. It's a staple of my diet while I bulk. I probably eat 8 slices in a typical day.

karmazon
03-06-07, 11:29 pm
And once again BigAnt makes a thread expressing exactly what I'm thinking. Brother from another mother? I eat ezekiel every day, best bread there is.

hjayss
03-07-07, 8:12 am
I am a diabetic so it is good to see something likte this. Grocery day is saturday gonna get the wife down with more of my healthy food that she loves ;) (yeah right).

ahistoryofviolence
03-09-07, 2:45 am

www.foodforlife.com has a store locator link on the main page and there are about 15 stores in portland that carry ezekiel as well as genesis breads...i am assuming one of these is close to your area...hope that helps

born0withno0soul
03-09-07, 2:54 am
oh shit the ezekiel break market is going to sky rocket because of that article about jay in flex magazine.lol. but i might have to go try it myself if its packed full of aminos like big ant says it is.

Hikeon3
03-09-07, 3:08 am
oh shit the ezekiel break market is going to sky rocket because of that article about jay in flex magazine.lol. but i might have to go try it myself if its packed full of aminos like big ant says it is.

Maybe if Oprah said something about it, sales would explode. But I don't know if enough people know who Jay Cutler is to actually make an impact on the sales of any food product.

BuffLove1
03-09-07, 5:50 am
BigAnt, way to be a student of the game. Thanks for the heads up homie.

Mr.Totality
03-19-07, 1:08 pm
just got it this weekend. It was $3.00 at trader joes. Not only is the nutritional profile great it actually tasted good

870pilot
03-19-07, 2:14 pm
been a EZ bread fan for a while... flop a beef or tuna burger between two toasted slices and its all good... i find mine the organic frozen food case in a regular old supermarket.

Giant Killer
03-19-07, 2:33 pm
Anybody wise to the glycemic index of this bread? Funny thing is, white bread is a 70 and wheat is a 68, I thought wheat would be significantly different. Maybe they're tested the wheat thats really enriched white flour colored with molasses. Anyway, this post will probably give some people a sour taste in their mouth "Who the fuck cares?", but I'm curious.

Mr.Totality
03-20-07, 3:38 pm
just found a place literally around the corner that sells it, I am heading there this afternoon. After all this time, it has been right under my nose.

Jaymafin
03-20-07, 4:30 pm
Anybody wise to the glycemic index of this bread? Funny thing is, white bread is a 70 and wheat is a 68, I thought wheat would be significantly different. Maybe they're tested the wheat thats really enriched white flour colored with molasses. Anyway, this post will probably give some people a sour taste in their mouth "Who the fuck cares?", but I'm curious.

its low i know that. somewhere around 38. if you inspect the bag it comes in it says it somewhere on there.

Musclecop
03-25-07, 10:16 pm
Listen to Big Ant . I train with the guy. U get big on Old country Buffet . Sunday mornings after legs. Eggs w/ cheez whiz, pancakes, hashbrowns . % plates. Oh banana bread too, it's made with real bananas. U will get huge. Love cheat day.

brutal
03-27-07, 10:24 pm
I bought some Ezekiel bread today cause it sounded so great.

It's cool and I'm glad its good for me...but it tastes like crap. Just my two cents.

sacrifice
03-27-07, 11:26 pm
i love this bread i can find it at any store i go to. real nice source of fiber.

Jaymafin
03-28-07, 8:58 am
anyone get a "cleansing effect" from this bread. I am on my third loaf and i love it, i will never go back to regular bread.

Maccabee
03-29-07, 2:51 am
I have been eating this bread for the past few months. But only because my sis is into all this organic which is great cause most of the food i eat is organic.

Q
03-29-07, 6:00 am
Well its not ezekiel, but i was at costco and noticed that they are now selling a brand of organic sprouted wheat bread which come in a couple varieties (flax, wheat, and multi-grain i think). I picked up some of the wheat before i went back to school and its pretty good, different texture than normal bread, but still good.

naturalguy
03-29-07, 8:40 am
Just an FYI, they make ezekiel hamburger buns as well.

Jaymafin
03-29-07, 8:42 am
and english muffins

Mr.Totality
03-29-07, 10:20 pm
also tortilla wraps. Just found it fairly cheap at my local Genuardis

Mauricio
04-01-07, 5:49 am
Best taste, good price and all the brothers like it. What else can I say, I'm actually eating some right now.

dIdDy
04-02-07, 5:49 am
i will try this stuff. anyone know the GI of it?

ahistoryofviolence
04-02-07, 5:43 pm
in the 30's...so low

ahistoryofviolence
04-02-07, 6:48 pm
this stuff costs 4.39 per loaf where i live....i dont get it for that reason anyone else run into that high of a price

Mr.Totality
04-02-07, 6:59 pm
certain stores have had it at the price. I found it or $3 and change at a supermarket

born0withno0soul
04-02-07, 7:00 pm
yea got mine for 3.50. its a bit high but i have paid that for certain brands of whole grain breads before as well.

ahistoryofviolence
04-02-07, 9:36 pm
what stores does everyone get this stuff at?

born0withno0soul
04-03-07, 4:00 pm
i get mine at the "vitamin cottage". natural food store but i think these are only located in colorado

Toni69
04-03-07, 4:45 pm
Is it really good? Someone told me it was really bad. Is it made my monks? I heard this. I think I would like it though cause I like all that natural, whole grain sorta stuff. When I go to NY in May for my show..I may have to try some...after the show of course. I would imagine it would be pricey..always natural and organic foods cost more than the commercialized stuff.

naturalguy
04-03-07, 4:52 pm
Is it really good? Someone told me it was really bad. Is it made my monks? I heard this. I think I would like it though cause I like all that natural, whole grain sorta stuff. When I go to NY in May for my show..I may have to try some...after the show of course. I would imagine it would be pricey..always natural and organic foods cost more than the commercialized stuff.

It's good stuff Toni. It is more expensive than regular bread. It's not perfect, it doesn't taste anything like real bread but it's palatable.

Littledonkey2006
04-03-07, 8:10 pm
Hey whats big ant this is littledonkey.. I just picked up 3 loafs of the bread you did a post on and I had a few questions I was hoping you could answer.. So I picked up the 7 sprouted whole grain, the 100% whole wheat, and the 100% whole grain. Is there any difference between the 3? Which would be better for me or is it just a matter of prefference? Also, do I store this stuff in the freezer or will just the refrigrator be fine? Thanks Man...

Mr.Totality
04-04-07, 2:52 pm
It's good stuff Toni. It is more expensive than regular bread. It's not perfect, it doesn't taste anything like real bread but it's palatable.

I actually dont dislike the taste of it, its is pretty good

born0withno0soul
04-04-07, 2:55 pm
its edible to me as well. only problem is its dry as hell. just put some sugar free jam, or "icant believe its not butter" or something on it so it does not choke you.

Toni69
04-04-07, 2:59 pm
I like dry bread? LOL I dont know why..just do. I am going to try this stuff when I get back to the states. They dont have it here. Even english muffins! wow! So, a regular grocer sells it then? I wonder if its good to carb up on the night before my show? I have to ask V. Thanks guys!

Mr.Totality
04-04-07, 3:20 pm
I have found it at 2 supermarkets, and in addition to english muffins they also have tortilla wraps too

Littledonkey2006
04-05-07, 1:35 pm
I found this stuff at trader joes for 2 bucks a loaf, but its not in a freezer there. I also found it at smiths and whole foods and yes those places had it for 3.99 a loaf

Satchmo
04-05-07, 3:30 pm
A health food store near me also sell Ezekeil pasta and cereal. They also have about 3-4 different flavors of the bread.

Mr.Totality
04-06-07, 4:07 pm
i saw a cin raisin which i might try

humanforklift
04-07-07, 1:10 pm
I get mine at Wild Oats. The cereal tastes ok too.

gsb239
04-07-07, 9:06 pm
k so I understand that sprouted grain bread is better for you because its lower in carbs/calories than regular whole wheat bread and richer in nutrients than bread made from flour. But is there something wrong with breads made from flour even if they are whole wheat or multigrain?

widdlewade44
04-15-07, 11:27 pm
Here in Maryland, I buy it at Trader Joes and Whole Foods Market. I know these two chains are in other parts of the US too. Hope this helps.

The taste could take some getting used to, but I really like it and have been using it for about quite a few years now. Peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Tallwhitebread0042
07-14-09, 3:16 am
where the HELL do i find this shit!?!?!

and can someone post up the macros and shit of this amazing bread that i once tasted???

also...what is this "greek yogurt" called? where can i get that as well. i heard it has like 20-25g of casein in it but it doesnt taste like ass like cottage cheese.

would LOVE some advice fellas. stay animal.

Joey D
07-14-09, 6:35 am
See above. The bread can be found at Whole foods or trader joes. The yogurt. I get mine a t the grocery store,Superfresh.

Joe D

AFTazz06
07-14-09, 7:03 am
Took me some time to find it at the supermarket, finally found it in the freezer, along side the frozen veggies. It has to be kept cool so it doesnt spoil.

CuttDeez
07-14-09, 7:52 am
Took me some time to find it at the supermarket, finally found it in the freezer, along side the frozen veggies. It has to be kept cool so it doesnt spoil.

Yep Yep thats where it is pretty sweet stuff. The cereal is found in organic whole food stores as well.

mdh84
07-14-09, 9:13 am
Ezekiel Bread (per slice)
Fat- .5g
Carb.- 15g
Prot.- 4 grams

GJN5002
07-14-09, 10:04 am
if you live in PA, Giant and Martin's (same company) grocery stores carry the bread in the freezer of the organic/natural food isles.

_Trainlikeafreak
02-11-10, 9:16 pm
figured I'd mention that this stuff is amazing. Its extremely healthy and it tastes amazing.
http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/10025-whole-grain-bread/ezekiel/

dominate77
02-11-10, 9:39 pm
takes some getting used to but i prefer it now

Girevik 69
02-12-10, 6:48 pm
Just an FYI, they make ezekiel hamburger buns as well.

Mental note to self: check for Ezekiel hamburger buns, during the next run for provisions...

intoodeep25
02-12-10, 7:59 pm
good thread. stuffs legit. too legit. haha any way, buy some. now.

bodybabe10
02-12-10, 8:00 pm
I agree...Ezekiel bread...yummy!

LayzieBone085
02-13-10, 8:57 am
Loving making Ezekiel Bread French toast, or making sludge with protein powder (either protein alone or protein + peanut butter with very little water to a very thick pudding consistency) and spreading it on the bread toasted.

Great snack/meal.

shizz702
02-13-10, 10:05 am
Yea I only fuck with Ezekiel bread now, good stuff, tastes great and with all the extra health benefits it's a no brainer.

Girevik 69
02-15-10, 5:44 pm
Just tried half of an Ezekiel hamburger bun by itself--it was pretty good. It kind of reminded me of that "Roman Meal" bread I used to eat, as a kid.

Young&Hungry
02-15-10, 11:18 pm
After shoving countless breakfasts of eggs and oats for the past four years, this is a welcome change.

intoodeep25
02-15-10, 11:48 pm
bro try the ezekial bread toasted good and crispy, then make some runny sunny side up eggs. that warm yolk and egg whites on that crispy toast, so money

Girevik 69
02-16-10, 12:26 pm
I just picked up some organic, nitrite-free roast beef from Wegmans; gonna make a nice sandwich with the Ezekiel buns, roast beef, spring mix, and spicy mustard...