PDA

View Full Version : My journey to Prevail and Overcome

The_Dude
07-15-11, 8:22 pm
WOW!! It's been a while since I've been here. Glad to see how much the forvm has grown. Well, after some back and shoulder injuries, along with some painfull but good therapy, I'm back in action. Moved to a diff state and started everything with a clean slate...well, sorta. Started to get back in powerlifting about 5months ago.Joined an OK gym, at least they have the arsenal I need to get strong[er]. I've been hittin' the weights 5 days out of the week for the last 4 months and I tell ya, it hasn't been easy. But with dedication and perserverance, I dragged my ass into that gym and did what I had to do to accomplish what I had in mind, and that was to get back to where I was when I had to stop. It's not normal for me to buy any bodybuilding mags or anything, but the beginning of this year, I saw one on the newsstands that had a Juggernaut Method workout that looked decent enough to try. Im not one to follow anything that a mag says and I was just going to do what I did a few years back to gt strong, but I bought it and off I went on a 16 week journey to get strong.

The week before I started I worked up to my 1RM to see where I was at. This is what it looked like:
Squats 235 x1
Deads250 x1
Bench 185x1
Overhead press 80x1

16weeks later,this is what I was able to accomplish:
Squats 360x1
Deads 350x1
Bench 250x1
Overhead press 165x1

My nutrition has been good during this time, and my stack was and still is AnimalPak, cycled M-stak twice, and just got me some kick ass RAGE...I dig that shit right there man. Good ass shit I've had in a while and the best I've had compared to other crap I've had. I am starting a new journey and looking to hit a 300lb bench by fall, 450+ on my squats and deads, and an overhead press of 225. This is MY new Journey to Prevail and Overcome.