PDA

View Full Version : Chest/Tricep Routine Lately...

TigerAce01
08-07-11, 11:59 pm
Just wanted to say something about the Tate/floor presses I've been doing. Really love them, and they are helping my bench a lot, along with slamming my triceps. I haven't had tris of this size since I was following a straight hardcore bodybuilding routine a few years back...the difference is a shit ton more strength. Bench has always been a weak point for me, mostly because I never put forward the same amount of effort as for the squat and dead. I never wanted to be your typical "bench and go home" type of guy...but I've been bitten by the bug lately.

I highly suggest the Tate/floor press superset, whether you're going for strength or hypertrophy. Basically, for the superset, pick one weight and stick with it through the 5 sets. Set yourself up on the floor, grab the DBs and do your Tate presses. Once you reach failure, switch directly into your floor presses. Don't go for a specific rep range, just pick up a heavy weight and go all out. My routine lately is as follows:

5/3/1 bench

Tate Press- To failure (5 sets)
-ss-
DB Floor Press- once failure on Tates, switch to floor press to failure (5 sets)

Skulls

Give it a try!!

-Ace