PDA

View Full Version : Animal routine #1 barbell rows?

AJP1
08-13-11, 7:33 pm
No there are many variances to this exercise. I have questions on this particular move.

Is lying on a bench with barbell underneath bench and pulling it up is that effective?

Also are they saying to do this exercise standing and pulling the bar in as a reverse barbell move?

What would be good and effective? I have trouble using dumb bell rows and find I would rather use both arms at one time. Any insight would be gr8 thanks.

zubda345
08-13-11, 8:40 pm
No there are many variances to this exercise. I have questions on this particular move.

Is lying on a bench with barbell underneath bench and pulling it up is that effective?

Also are they saying to do this exercise standing and pulling the bar in as a reverse barbell move?

What would be good and effective? I have trouble using dumb bell rows and find I would rather use both arms at one time. Any insight would be gr8 thanks.

Lying on a bech or standing?? U know it's bout what suits u more. what feels u more on ur lats. To me, bent over reverse barbell rows feel NATURAL on my lats. I don't like doing them while lying on a bench. it feels odd. so do both and see what feels better and then make a decision.

http://www.animalpak.com/images/reversebarbell.gif

Look at this. this is what they mean!

I like to do it exactly how he does it in the picture (well I might flink my knees on some forced reps). It's called "reverse barbell rows". If U do a overhad grip and the same movement, it'll b "barbell rows"

What type of trouble u have with dumbbell rows?? Y not try T-bar rows (with different grips) and see how that goes?

BarbellManiac
08-13-11, 8:47 pm
You might have more tension on the bench, but a greater range of motion while standing/bending over.

AJP1
08-13-11, 9:06 pm
Thanks guys I just have trouble "feeling it"

zubda345
08-14-11, 5:59 am

just try different techniques and movements. U'll surely find something which suits u... and keep ur form right

Back To Basics
08-14-11, 6:05 am

Drop the weight if you haven't already, lock in your whole body and slowly lower the weight than boom explode up and touch your stomach with the bar. Patience is key, getting a solid mind muscle connection takes countless hours of training !

Mickey
08-20-11, 7:14 pm
just try different techniques and movements. U'll surely find something which suits u... and keep ur form right

dead on... if your form isnt tight youre at risk of a lower back injury. make sure to never round your back during an exercise.

AJP1
08-20-11, 10:17 pm
Thank u guys. Always know I can come here & u guys kick me the real deal.

Machine
08-21-11, 1:43 pm
There will be times when you can't "feel it" on a particular exercise, most times this is just a matter of establishing a muscular pathway under strain...patience and time will help, but just keep bangin.

MACHINE

BigBlueBear
08-22-11, 12:14 am
Also narrowing or widening your grip will help you feel it in different parts. I really feel them come alive low when I draw my grip in.

Also like someone mentioned, give T-bars a go. Grab a bar, a close grip handle, and sit your ass in a corner and go old school all day long.

Back To Basics
08-22-11, 5:53 pm
[QUOTE=BigBlueBear;1147163}

Grab a bar, a close grip handle, and sit your ass in a corner and go old school all day long.[/QUOTE]

A thing of beauty...