PDA

View Full Version : I really enjoy helping lifters

Tiny1102
08-15-11, 2:22 pm
I know people are on at different times, but if we could set up a certain day and time. I could help lifters out more direct. Give me some feedback and let me know if Sundays between 2 and 6pm central is good for everyone. I can make sure I am on every Sunday at those times and answer direct question.

Polk17
08-15-11, 8:50 pm
I know people are on at different times, but if we could set up a certain day and time. I could help lifters out more direct. Give me some feedback and let me know if Sundays between 2 and 6pm central is good for everyone. I can make sure I am on every Sunday at those times and answer direct question.

I think thats awesome man... I certainly appreciate it...

I'm sure this is a tough question for a bad bencher to ask a gifted bencher, but why not...

I am a 5/3/1 lifter, and I continue to make gains, and tighten up my form, my other lifts are going through the roof, but my Bench, and my Overhead Press are really slow... I am a taller raw lifter, 6'3 w/ really long arms... What recommendations would you make to me, anything is welcome, assistance exercises, technique, anything... Last piece of info that is relevant is I am right @ the weight that I am going to compete at, 220, and I do know that for my leverages to be right to lift HUGE weight, at my height I would have to really pack on weight, but I am not going to sacrifice my athleticism to make my Bench go up... Thanks in advance...

Tiny1102
08-16-11, 12:55 am
I think thats awesome man... I certainly appreciate it...

I'm sure this is a tough question for a bad bencher to ask a gifted bencher, but why not...

I am a 5/3/1 lifter, and I continue to make gains, and tighten up my form, my other lifts are going through the roof, but my Bench, and my Overhead Press are really slow... I am a taller raw lifter, 6'3 w/ really long arms... What recommendations would you make to me, anything is welcome, assistance exercises, technique, anything... Last piece of info that is relevant is I am right @ the weight that I am going to compete at, 220, and I do know that for my leverages to be right to lift HUGE weight, at my height I would have to really pack on weight, but I am not going to sacrifice my athleticism to make my Bench go up... Thanks in advance...

Well, right now the biggest bencher in the World is 6'3". so I don't want to hear the tall issue. If you don't have a good arch, then work on it. Make sure you stretch your hams really good. The more you get your feet back, then the better your arch. Get in the rack and work on lock outs and reverse bands, You need to feel big weight if you want to move big weight.

Bruiser
08-16-11, 6:02 am
This is a great idea Tiny. I'll definitely be watching.

Solid Dreams
08-16-11, 7:29 am
I can do that time frame, that'd be awesome.

smoothballer
08-16-11, 7:46 am
Well, right now the biggest bencher in the World is 6'3". so I don't want to hear the tall issue. If you don't have a good arch, then work on it. Make sure you stretch your hams really good. The more you get your feet back, then the better your arch. Get in the rack and work on lock outs and reverse bands, You need to feel big weight if you want to move big weight.

Tiny, in regards to getting your feet back as far as possible. It seems like at a certain point I start to cramp badly in my quads. Do you you have a tip to avoid this?

Tiny1102
08-16-11, 9:25 am
Tiny, in regards to getting your feet back as far as possible. It seems like at a certain point I start to cramp badly in my quads. Do you you have a tip to avoid this?

You need to stretch more. You might even want to ride a bike for 5 or 10 minutes first. At a meet, you might not be able to do so, so try doing more stretches first.

smoothballer
08-17-11, 8:22 am
You need to stretch more. You might even want to ride a bike for 5 or 10 minutes first. At a meet, you might not be able to do so, so try doing more stretches first.

Thanks for the tip. I mostly just do dynamic upper body stretches and some foam rolling on the lower back but I will throw in a few leg stretches.

Tiny1102
08-17-11, 4:38 pm
Thanks for the tip. I mostly just do dynamic upper body stretches and some foam rolling on the lower back but I will throw in a few leg stretches.

Don't stretch your arms. Just your back and legs.