PDA

View Full Version : Off season cardio

swoleberry
08-23-11, 11:35 am
Hey guys haven't really been implementing much cardio lately while I am bulking, but I have been trying to figure out the best way to do cardio on my off days. I'm currently on an every other day training split. Looking to do something on the stationary bike just to help maintain a decent BF%. Any suggestions?

C.Coronato
08-23-11, 12:08 pm
I try to do 2-3x a week of 20-25mins cardio after training.

swoleberry
08-23-11, 1:17 pm
I try to do 2-3x a week of 20-25mins cardio after training.

Even when you arent contest prepping? What kind do you typically do?

B.S.
08-23-11, 1:17 pm
Even when you arent contest prepping? What kind do you typically do?

you sir have my favorite name on the forum

pushin weight
08-23-11, 1:34 pm
Hey guys haven't really been implementing much cardio lately while I am bulking, but I have been trying to figure out the best way to do cardio on my off days. I'm currently on an every other day training split. Looking to do something on the stationary bike just to help maintain a decent BF%. Any suggestions?

Yes...i suggest you do some...lol. Seriously any training program should include some cardio. Too many guys just use the " im bulking" excuse because as we all know cardio sucks and no one likes it...except for that one guy at the gym who runs on the treadmill for eight hours a day and looks like he is gonna blow away...hehehe.

I read an interesting study that suggested splitting your cardio sessions into three 10 minute mini sessions where you change equipment three times to break it up. For example 10 min on bike 10 min on stair climber and 10 min treadmill the study showed the same results as the group who just did one thing for 30 minutes.

So what are you waiting for ???? Go do some cardio already....besides when your done you feel good.

swoleberry
08-23-11, 2:39 pm
Yes...i suggest you do some...lol. Seriously any training program should include some cardio. Too many guys just use the " im bulking" excuse because as we all know cardio sucks and no one likes it...except for that one guy at the gym who runs on the treadmill for eight hours a day and looks like he is gonna blow away...hehehe.

I read an interesting study that suggested splitting your cardio sessions into three 10 minute mini sessions where you change equipment three times to break it up. For example 10 min on bike 10 min on stair climber and 10 min treadmill the study showed the same results as the group who just did one thing for 30 minutes.

So what are you waiting for ???? Go do some cardio already....besides when your done you feel good.

My biggest question, is how intense should this cardio session be?

Aggression
08-23-11, 3:04 pm
During my offseasons, I'll do cardio about twice a week. If its at the gym, I'll do 20-30min on the treadmill. Speed at 2.5-3.0, incline anywhere from 8.0-10.0.

Other times I'll do my cardio outside. I'll ride a bike, jog, swimming in the ocean for 15-20minutes, doing laps in the pool, etc. You have more leniency in the off season, so think outside the box. Hell, for me, I consider cutting my lawn to be cardio. My property is big, so it usually takes at least an hour. When I'm pushing a mower for an hour in the summer sun, shit, that's definitely cardio.

pushin weight
08-23-11, 4:45 pm
During my offseasons, I'll do cardio about twice a week. If its at the gym, I'll do 20-30min on the treadmill. Speed at 2.5-3.0, incline anywhere from 8.0-10.0.

Other times I'll do my cardio outside. I'll ride a bike, jog, swimming in the ocean for 15-20minutes, doing laps in the pool, etc. You have more leniency in the off season, so think outside the box. Hell, for me, I consider cutting my lawn to be cardio. My property is big, so it usually takes at least an hour. When I'm pushing a mower for an hour in the summer sun, shit, that's definitely cardio.

I agree with this all the way.. finding interesting ways to get in your cardio is important because it will help you get it done and out of the way.For me anything that gets me breaking a good sweat is where i want to be if im doing some cardio.

swoleberry
08-23-11, 5:32 pm
Thanks brothers, all good advice. I'm not dreading cardio as much today.

Carrnage
08-23-11, 6:59 pm

Offseason "Lean Stack/Guideline"

1)Cardio 3-4 times a week either 30 mins first thing in the morning, or at night, or you know what, pretty much whenever! Theres no special specific time for cardio, just get errr done!

2)Before bed take a ZMA based supplement, and a "GH cocktail" containing, glutamine, Arginine Pyroglutamate, lysine, ornithine, GABA, to enhance GH/test levels tremedously during sleep, that alone should keep you lean and a fat burning muscle building machine. The cardio is more like the icing on the cake!

3)Anyone else wanna add to this? Feel free!

4)HIIT cardio 2x a week will keep you lean guran-fuckin-teed. But most of us are afraid of muscle loss when doing this, which is completely false! But its brutal, so i feel ya!

Carrnage
08-23-11, 7:45 pm
Offseason "Lean Stack/Guideline"

1)Cardio 3-4 times a week either 30 mins first thing in the morning, or at night, or you know what, pretty much whenever! Theres no special specific time for cardio, just get errr done!

2)Before bed take a ZMA based supplement, and a "GH cocktail" containing, glutamine, Arginine Pyroglutamate, lysine, ornithine, GABA, to enhance GH/test levels tremedously during sleep, that alone should keep you lean and a fat burning muscle building machine. The cardio is more like the icing on the cake!

3)Anyone else wanna add to this? Feel free!

4)HIIT cardio 2x a week will keep you lean guran-fuckin-teed. But most of us are afraid of muscle loss when doing this, which is completely false! But its brutal, so i feel ya!

oops And drink green tea between meals! for fat oxidation, energy, better alkanization of the body = better protein synthesis