PDA

View Full Version : The CAGE Event: "Hell Raiser Training" (HRT)

rev8ball
08-26-11, 1:52 pm
*I'm gonna start this thread for Rage since I know he has so slammed lately*

I am honored once again to stand side by side with the mad-man himself, RAGE, to discuss his awesome method known as HRT. Once again, though, we are in my backyard, so it's time for me to put up!

We've got some awesome new tweaks to the madness to talk about, but some major news to announce as well.

Got something you want us to cover at this seminar? Post it here.

Hope you're ready for the pain....

Tune in to it on Friday @ 3pm at the Cage, Olympia 2011...... *VEGAS BABY*!!!!

Mr. Dead
08-26-11, 1:56 pm
Niiiice...!!! Tell Rage to have his damn phone on, this time...!!! *LOL* Might be a call-in question...

rev8ball
08-26-11, 2:27 pm
Niiiice...!!! Tell Rage to have his damn phone on, this time...!!! *LOL* Might be a call-in question...

That's a great idea. I know cell service is pretty sketchy at best in the Convention Center, but fielding questions from the live web stream and call-ins, that would be sweet....

Mr. Dead
08-26-11, 6:39 pm
That's a great idea. I know cell service is pretty sketchy at best in the Convention Center, but fielding questions from the live web stream and call-ins, that would be sweet....

That's what was supposed to happen, during your seminar, at the Arnold...

rev8ball
08-26-11, 7:09 pm
That's what was supposed to happen, during your seminar, at the Arnold...

*crash and buuuuuuuurn*..............lol

naturalguy
08-29-11, 1:56 pm

We can take questions over the web stream, we did it with Ox's seminar at the Arnold

Mr. Dead
08-29-11, 1:58 pm
We can take questions over the web stream, we did it with Ox's seminar at the Arnold

Yep... And, that seemed to work pretty well...

Aggression
08-29-11, 1:58 pm
Because I was a volunteer last year, does that mean I get a free pass this year? I don't want to volunteer again. My biceps hurt for DAYS after a quick 10min tutorial.

Mr. Dead
08-29-11, 2:00 pm
Because I was a volunteer last year, does that mean I get a free pass this year? I don't want to volunteer again. My biceps hurt for DAYS after a quick 10min tutorial.

If I wuz going to be there, I'd volunteer, in a heartbeat... This truly has become my fovorite training method...

rev8ball
08-29-11, 2:04 pm

How about this? Since you volunteered last year, you have the honor of picking a "volunteer" this year!

Handing down the pain......

Mr. Dead
09-07-11, 12:48 pm
How about this? Since you volunteered last year, you have the honor of picking a "volunteer" this year!

Handing down the pain......
I think a couple of "victims" have already been chosen...

rev8ball
09-07-11, 12:56 pm
I think a couple of "victims" have already been chosen...

*wrings his hands like a mad scientist*
Muah ha ha ha!

Mr. Dead
09-07-11, 1:01 pm
*wrings his hands like a mad scientist*
Muah ha ha ha!

1) Big Byrd
2) Cascade

Cascade
09-07-11, 1:04 pm
Haha, Byrd can go first!

rev8ball
09-07-11, 1:15 pm
Several months ago when I was running data collection for some HRT research that we're currently doing. One of my other coaches was working with one of the strongman athletes that we have as a client. Our strongman athlete came over to us and asked what we were doing. When I roughly explained it to him, he said he wanted to try it. I advised him that this type of training is not aimed at his particular sport. He insisted, saying that he just wanted to "try it out."

So, we stuck him on a smith for incline bench presses. After doing 8 full reps with 3 plates on each side, we added a 4th plate. He said this was going to be easy (mind you: he's 6' and 340). We stood on each side of the barl; he unracked, and I told him to lower the weight on a 5-count. He did, and then we assisted on the concentric. We did this two more times before he yelled "Fuck this!" and racked the weight. He jumped up, cursed the exercise for a few minutes, and then yelled "What the hell kinda shit do you guys do in here? This is completely fucked up!" and walked back to his program, still swearing.

Welcome to HRT.......

Mr. Dead
09-07-11, 1:49 pm
Several months ago when I was running data collection for some HRT research that we're currently doing. One of my other coaches was working with one of the strongman athletes that we have as a client. Our strongman athlete came over to us and asked what we were doing. When I roughly explained it to him, he said he wanted to try it. I advised him that this type of training is not aimed at his particular sport. He insisted, saying that he just wanted to "try it out."

So, we stuck him on a smith for incline bench presses. After doing 8 full reps with 3 plates on each side, we added a 4th plate. He said this was going to be easy (mind you: he's 6' and 340). We stood on each side of the barl; he unracked, and I told him to lower the weight on a 5-count. He did, and then we assisted on the concentric. We did this two more times before he yelled "Fuck this!" and racked the weight. He jumped up, cursed the exercise for a few minutes, and then yelled "What the hell kinda shit do you guys do in here? This is completely fucked up!" and walked back to his program, still swearing.

Welcome to HRT.......

*LMAO...!!!* I'd have loved to have seen that...

Big Byrd
09-07-11, 3:29 pm

Welcome to HRT.......

i dont think i wanna play any more... gimie my ball back, im goin home

Beach91
09-07-11, 3:38 pm

Welcome to HRT.......

So Rev, if I am reading this correctly, is the evolution or changing of HRT to now include adding weight or going heavier on the negative sets?

Rest-pauses coming into play?

rev8ball
09-07-11, 3:48 pm

LMAO!

So Rev, if I am reading this correctly, is the evolution or changing of HRT to now include adding weight or going heavier on the negative sets?

Rest-pauses coming into play?

We were looking at a few variations to accomplish the same goal. More details to come soon........

Mr. Dead
09-07-11, 3:57 pm

Trust me... It will be worth it... And, on the webcast, as well...

Sandman
09-07-11, 4:10 pm
Rev, was that Big D by chance?

rev8ball
09-07-11, 4:45 pm
Rev, was that Big D by chance?

Can't say.....

Flash419
09-07-11, 7:29 pm
My only request is to show more of the one person HRT training.. Rage got into this a little at the Arnold, and then again when he and I worked out at the ABC. But, I know a lot of guys on here could benefit from this type of training , if we had more ideas on how to do it solo.