PDA

View Full Version : Quad exercises for mass DC training

swoleberry
08-31-11, 2:13 pm
Okay brothers,

I am currently doing doggcrapp training, and you have to pick three exercise per bodypart so for quads i need a third exercise to go with squats and leg presses. I'm in Iraq so the gym is kinda limited the only other options I have for compound exercises are a seated leg press, smith machine squats or front squats or split squats. What are some reccomendations?

Lifting_Is_Life
08-31-11, 2:21 pm
Okay brothers,

I am currently doing doggcrapp training, and you have to pick three exercise per bodypart so for quads i need a third exercise to go with squats and leg presses. I'm in Iraq so the gym is kinda limited the only other options I have for compound exercises are a seated leg press, smith machine squats or front squats or split squats. What are some reccomendations?

Yo by bodypart do you mean the entire leg or quad gets three then hams get three? If it's the whole leg, the leg press will take care of glutes and upper hams, so i'd put in the third exercise as Stiff Legged Deads. If its quads, i love me some walking lunges. Another great test producer and burn

swoleberry
08-31-11, 2:36 pm
Yo by bodypart do you mean the entire leg or quad gets three then hams get three? If it's the whole leg, the leg press will take care of glutes and upper hams, so i'd put in the third exercise as Stiff Legged Deads. If its quads, i love me some walking lunges. Another great test producer and burn

Quad and Hams are seperated.

JasonG
08-31-11, 4:14 pm
I would do squats, leg press, then front squats. I'd widow doing squats on all three days.

swoleberry
08-31-11, 4:17 pm
I would do squats, leg press, then front squats. I'd widow doing squats on all three days.

Well do to the fact that people use the only squat rack for a "curl rack" I did a variation of hack squats on the smith machine. But thanks for the help guys.

JasonG
08-31-11, 7:25 pm
Well do to the fact that people use the only squat rack for a "curl rack" I did a variation of hack squats on the smith machine. But thanks for the help guys.

That should work just fine too. Kick them fucks out of there, seriously if you have one squat rack and it's constantly taken up with people curling then that's ridiculous.

Carrnage
08-31-11, 7:40 pm
Okay brothers,

1) You dont have to pick 3 exercises for every bodypart, if you do squats correctly it will nail your whole leg

2) DC is just a marketed cookie cutter so called "program".....it utilizes the technique called "rest-pause", its a extreme failure technique. Use it wisely.

3) Don't do rest pause for exercises like squats or deadlifts because of the injury risk, your disk will be in a bad position if you continuely do rest pausing on squats, deads down the road. Be smart.

4) You can do rest pausing with movements like leg presses, leg curls. But with squats, deads, stick with heavy straight sets.

Its just a matter of understanding things, once you understand everything from the basics of training,nutrition,supplementation,herbs,lifestyle ,mindset,hormones,motivation,biomechanics of the body, you never plateau. No need for a program to add muscle mass, just a instinctive mindset and a matter of understanding things.

If you can take the words in this post and fully understand what I stated, you Swoleberry will start packing on muscle so fucking fast its amazing. And God Bless you brother!

JasonG
08-31-11, 9:23 pm
1) You dont have to pick 3 exercises for every bodypart, if you do squats correctly it will nail your whole leg

2) DC is just a marketed cookie cutter so called "program".....it utilizes the technique called "rest-pause", its a extreme failure technique. Use it wisely.

3) Don't do rest pause for exercises like squats or deadlifts because of the injury risk, your disk will be in a bad position if you continuely do rest pausing on squats, deads down the road. Be smart.

4) You can do rest pausing with movements like leg presses, leg curls. But with squats, deads, stick with heavy straight sets.

Its just a matter of understanding things, once you understand everything from the basics of training,nutrition,supplementation,herbs,lifestyle ,mindset,hormones,motivation,biomechanics of the body, you never plateau. No need for a program to add muscle mass, just a instinctive mindset and a matter of understanding things.

If you can take the words in this post and fully understand what I stated, you Swoleberry will start packing on muscle so fucking fast its amazing. And God Bless you brother!

Your not supposed to rest/pause quad exercises anyway if you follow and actually do DC.

swoleberry
08-31-11, 9:35 pm
carnage: thanks for your words.
jasong: that is right no rest pause on quads or back thickness.

I typically stick to widowing my quads anyway I like attacking my quads with high reps.

Carrnage
09-01-11, 12:43 am
Your not supposed to rest/pause quad exercises anyway if you follow and actually do DC.

I know, I also stated why its a bad idea to do rest pause with quad exercises aswell.

Solid Dreams
09-01-11, 7:14 am
I would say do front squats as well.

Aggression
09-01-11, 8:34 am
I would say do front squats as well.

Front squats would be the best option, IMO. You can also do BB Hack squats.

JasonG
09-01-11, 9:09 am
I know, I also stated why its a bad idea to do rest pause with quad exercises aswell.

Ok I didn't know if you were familiar with the program or not.