PDA

View Full Version : The CAGE Schedule

naturalguy
09-01-11, 8:16 am
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/CageVegas2011.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/CageSchelduleVegas2011.jpg

mritter3
09-01-11, 8:29 am
looks like a great schedule of events....cant go wrong with any of it...looking forward to the deadlift match...wrath's seminar, and always look forward to big byrd squatting.

Aggression
09-01-11, 8:30 am
Its official now. Just a few weeks ...

naturalguy
09-01-11, 8:47 am
Where is Mr. Dead? He has been waiting for this

smoothballer
09-01-11, 8:48 am
Damn, I really wish I could be there.

Guess I will be glued to the webcam instead...

ghost
09-01-11, 8:52 am
CANNOT wait

Flash419
09-01-11, 10:08 am
Looks like an awesome time...

I really need to make the trip ... next year!

kc campbell
09-01-11, 10:20 am

Probably sleeping, its a little early for us west coast fellas hah

rev8ball
09-01-11, 10:26 am
Totally sick-ass! Can't wait - it's gonna be a fucking blast!!

Love the pic of the Strip behind the chain link on the front of the schedule.....

naturalguy
09-01-11, 10:29 am

I figured he sleeps with his laptop and hits refresh in his sleep

Mr. Dead
09-01-11, 10:50 am

I figured he sleeps with his laptop and hits refresh in his sleep

Didn't hit any stop lights, on my 90 minute commute... And, people seem to frown upon texting/posting, while driving... (Was aware, however) But, a very stacked lineup, there....!!!

kc campbell
09-01-11, 11:51 am
Didn't hit any stop lights, on my 90 minute commute... And, people seem to frown upon texting/posting, while driving... (Was aware, however) But, a very stacked lineup, there....!!!

Didn't hit or didn't stop? Haha

Beach91
09-01-11, 11:53 am
Totally sick-ass! Can't wait - it's gonna be a fucking blast!!

Love the pic of the Strip behind the chain link on the front of the schedule.....

Well said Rev, should be killer, and that pick = sickness!

Mr. Dead
09-01-11, 11:56 am
Didn't hit or didn't stop? Haha

Didn't hit... The police and state patrol, up here, take their job VERY seriously...

C.Coronato
09-01-11, 11:58 am
Lots of serious beasts in The Cage that weekend. OHHH boy.

Big Byrd
09-01-11, 4:39 pm
Whats the DL death match? reps or max weight? if reps, at what weight?

Big Byrd
09-01-11, 4:42 pm
Im looking forward to seeing what Seath has got, wish we were on the same day. Looking forward to Ant pulling big, guy is sick! looks like the predator too!. Wyked w the DBs and Rhinos sick benchin. also wanna hear the HRT seminar, been meaning to read up on it but just not enough time in the day..

2 weeks!

naturalguy
09-01-11, 8:07 pm
Whats the DL death match? reps or max weight? if reps, at what weight?

They are going to do max weight, singles, last man standing

rev8ball
09-01-11, 8:16 pm
also wanna hear the HRT seminar, been meaning to read up on it but just not enough time in the day..

2 weeks!

HRT will be a blast; we'll get you caught up real quick on what all the fuss is about.......

Mr. Dead
09-01-11, 9:38 pm
Im looking forward to seeing what Seath has got, wish we were on the same day. Looking forward to Ant pulling big, guy is sick! looks like the predator too!. Wyked w the DBs and Rhinos sick benchin. also wanna hear the HRT seminar, been meaning to read up on it but just not enough time in the day..

2 weeks!

HRT will be a blast; we'll get you caught up real quick on what all the fuss is about.......

1st volunteer, for the demo, perhaps...??? I've found, that the best way to learn it, is a "hands on" aproach from Rage, himself... (And, yes, I'm serious...)

Cascade
09-01-11, 11:19 pm
1st volunteer, for the demo, perhaps...??? I've found, that the best way to learn it, is a "hands on" aproach from Rage, himself... (And, yes, I'm serious...)

I'll volunteer. I'm interning saturday and Rage is helping me with my contest prep, so I have plenty of time Friday.

J-Dawg
09-02-11, 10:54 am
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/CageVegas2011.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/CageSchelduleVegas2011.jpg

Packed lineup with a lotta cool events going down.

Big Byrd
09-02-11, 11:37 am

im a lil scared haha i know NOTHING about it. but im game

Mr. Dead
09-02-11, 1:20 pm

Trust me... In all honesty, it's truly the best way to learn about it... Gives you a better idea and feel, as to what it truly is...

Rage
09-02-11, 4:33 pm
I'll volunteer. I'm interning saturday and Rage is helping me with my contest prep, so I have plenty of time Friday.

Done and done.

Cascade
09-03-11, 11:15 pm
Done and done.

Yesssssss! A nice way to meet each other I'd say.

ghost
09-04-11, 1:34 pm
cascade, you are in for a treat...

Phil800101
09-04-11, 2:47 pm
Damn I wish I could be there...

Cascade
09-04-11, 7:06 pm
cascade, you are in for a treat...

Speaking of meeting people. This is going to be fun Ghost. Looking forward to meeting you.

I know it brother, this is only going to get me more amped for the O!

ghost
09-04-11, 7:54 pm
Speaking of meeting people. This is going to be fun Ghost. Looking forward to meeting you.

I know it brother, this is only going to get me more amped for the O!

The honor will be mine meeting you brother.

The House
09-04-11, 8:31 pm
Man I can't wait looking like some great stuff going down

Wycked
09-04-11, 10:14 pm
Been having some crazy shoulder slash lat issues as of late but regardless I'm gonna attempt the 200's in the cage. What really sucks is it will be the first time I've pressed them since like december of last year. And up here in bodybuilder unfriendly canada any gym that had heavy DB's has gotten rid of them. So I've been doing sets and reps with 150's bc its the heaviest one's I have access too.

Just like riding a bike though 200lbs is 200lbs I'll get em up and moving

almosteasy
09-05-11, 1:01 pm
will someone get videos of the seminars for those that cant be there?

Enforcer
09-05-11, 5:45 pm
Schedule is chalk full of great shit this year, cant wait to see all the pics

Cascade
09-05-11, 8:19 pm

I'm bringing my camera and will get as much as I can. Also, there is going to be live coverage of the Cage I believe.

naturalguy
09-06-11, 10:06 am

I'm bringing my camera and will get as much as I can. Also, there is going to be live coverage of the Cage I believe.

Correct, The Cage will be live on web cam during the expo, you can view it on the Animal Pak facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Official-Animal-Pak-page/114312500989

sstephan34
09-07-11, 3:23 pm
great schedule just booked my flight!! cant wait to work the cage friday time to rage!

The House
09-11-11, 8:18 pm
excited less than a week

Big Byrd
09-13-11, 11:52 am
48 hrs...

rev8ball
09-13-11, 12:47 pm
I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve.

Sandman
09-15-11, 11:13 am
I've got a friend I work with who wants to do the Bench Comp Friday at 10am, what time does he need to be there to sign up?

Beach91
09-15-11, 11:18 am
I've got a friend I work with who wants to do the Bench Comp Friday at 10am, what time does he need to be there to sign up?

I would get there as soon as the cage opens up at 10 am, because they will start linin people up shortly after.

The expo opens right at 10 am.

Sandman
09-15-11, 11:31 am
I would get there as soon as the cage opens up at 10 am, because they will start linin people up shortly after.

The expo opens right at 10 am.

Yea I told him as soon as the doors open, head for the Cage. I just wasn't sure if should get to the Convention Center early and then call me to put him on the list.

Tifferzzz
09-15-11, 11:56 am
I canhas a question (reference of word from canhascheezburger),

I was going to enroll to do the PLing competition, but found out that the entries were due in July with no late entries accepted. Although I'm not super upper-body strong, I saw that there's a BW competition in the cage on Saturday? (1/2 BW for women). At 195, I would then be number-repping at 97.5 pounds - correct? I saw that the comp is Friday and Saturday at 10 and at 4? Is there a cost to do this? I think it would be fun, and although I'm really shy in person, I would really like to be in the cage with other people who think Animal is the best-ever.

I plan on being at the expo on Saturday (have three dogs at home so I can only drive down for the day). I think this would be a lot of fun though.

Also - please move if this isn't in the right Cage Thread.

Beach91
09-15-11, 12:02 pm
I canhas a question (reference of word from canhascheezburger),

I was going to enroll to do the PLing competition, but found out that the entries were due in July with no late entries accepted. Although I'm not super upper-body strong, I saw that there's a BW competition in the cage on Saturday? (1/2 BW for women). At 195, I would then be number-repping at 97.5 pounds - correct? I saw that the comp is Friday and Saturday at 10 and at 4? Is there a cost to do this? I think it would be fun, and although I'm really shy in person, I would really like to be in the cage with other people who think Animal is the best-ever.

I plan on being at the expo on Saturday (have three dogs at home so I can only drive down for the day). I think this would be a lot of fun though.

Also - please move if this isn't in the right Cage Thread.

You are correct, they weigh you in the cage for half your bodyweight, there is no cost to enter, i would get there a bit early before start times to make sure you get your name in as they take a limited amount for the competitions, but its great fun and motivating to be in that atmosphere, so come out and give the contest a go, all the animal athletes and reps are there and they are super friendly and all are willing to shoot the shit and talk training with ya

Tifferzzz
09-15-11, 12:17 pm
You are correct, they weigh you in the cage for half your bodyweight, there is no cost to enter, i would get there a bit early before start times to make sure you get your name in as they take a limited amount for the competitions, but its great fun and motivating to be in that atmosphere, so come out and give the contest a go, all the animal athletes and reps are there and they are super friendly and all are willing to shoot the shit and talk training with ya

And that's at 10 am and 4 pm - right? If so, I'll definitely be there at the 10am one.

sstephan34
09-15-11, 12:18 pm
leaving for vegas in 3 hours!! so pumped time to rage in the cage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOGIE
09-15-11, 4:56 pm
YEA BUDDY!!! Laoding the ride for vegas baby!!! Leavin in an hour or so and should arrive
about 1 am vegas time from Orem, Utah, bout 6 hour drive for us but I am stoked !!!!!

Cage here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tifferzzz
09-15-11, 9:19 pm
What comps is Animal running?

Tifferzzz
09-18-11, 12:34 pm
I loved the cage. I wish that Animal would bring Cuts to be purchased, though, since this was the second year that they weren't available. How come?

In retrospect I wish that it wasn't the bench for the comp, but the deadlift. Didn't do half as well as I would have liked to, but I saw the uploaded pic of that model benching, and she's ripped - looked awesome. Was she the one that did the 71 Reps?

The bench did get me really warmed up for the Flex body lifts that they were doing and the Muscle and Fitness - fitness test. I guess I was the only woman who even tried it, so that was pretty cool. So yesterday I ended up completing:

Animal: 26(ish) Reps of 90 Lb Bench
Muscle and Fitness: 25 Reps of 90 Lb Bench, 34 Reps of 45 lb EZ Bar Curls (in 30 Seconds), 6.0 Incl Run @ 6.0 MPH for 90 Seconds
Flex: 4 Reps of Bodyweight bench: 195 Pounds; Attempt at 1.5 x BW DL - 270 Pounds
Grenade Pushup Contest: 34 Military in 30 Seconds before failing out

Even though I can pretty much outlift anyone at my gym, especially on the Dumbell aspect, the Olympia helps me to realize that I'm stronger than the average person, but average in comparison to the people at the Olympia - it's really very humbling. I consider myself a Clydesdale more than a Thoroughbred. I can move a lot of weight for a little bit, but not a little weight for a long time, nor a lot of weight for a long time. I was so blown away by how fit so many people were, and the incredible shape and condition of EVERY member of the Animal crew.

So all in all the Olympia was awesome and all it cost me was the entrance fee and my camera - but I did get about five hundred dollars worth of free supplements and a massive amount of shirts. This year was great.

When I was going through everything this morning, I was so happy to find the Rage and the Animal window sticker that was in the bag. Very awesome. Thank you Animal. I'd like to get another Window sticker for the other side of my car - are they available to purchase?

Sorry if this sounds jumbled, but I just wanted to get some thoughts and reflections on the 'Olympia' thread before they faded into the back of my mind.

Mr. Dead
10-14-11, 1:36 pm
Curious, to see what gets cooked up, for the Arnold Cage...!!!

Jay
10-17-11, 5:41 am
Was just thinking about the Arnold.. it will be hear before u know it. I've only been to one Arnold and it seemed to be busier then the Olympia.