PDA

View Full Version : pain squating

B.S.
09-03-11, 10:12 pm
daily the pain is getting worse tweaked it squatting it hurts around where my sacral/ or lower lumbar vertebrae are after doing box squats. is this a form problem or am i going to heavy? anyone else ever experienced this? what can i do (ice, heat,etc...)?

Lifting_Is_Life
09-03-11, 11:11 pm
daily the pain is getting worse tweaked it squatting it hurts around where my sacral/ or lower lumbar vertebrae are after doing box squats. is this a form problem or am i going to heavy? anyone else ever experienced this? what can i do (ice, heat,etc...)?

Personally if it's an actual pain I'd say see a doctor man. Hope it's nothing serious

Joe J
09-04-11, 1:32 pm
Personally if it's an actual pain I'd say see a doctor man. Hope it's nothing serious

I second that bro, go see the Doctor, a forum is not the best place for medical advice.

Good luck bro and let us know how to get on.

BigChrisF
09-04-11, 3:15 pm

Do you experience this pain when doing free squats? Numbness or tingling? If not, you may just be dropping onto the box too hard.

Solid Dreams
09-04-11, 5:22 pm
You may be leaning forward and doing a good morning squat, if that makes sense. If you're going heavy, that'll definitely affect your back.

Polk17
09-07-11, 9:29 pm

Live with this shit for years... I had it where I experienced sciatica, radiating pain all down my leg, all day every day... 1st thing I did was switch from Conventional Pulling, to Sumo, which really helped because I Squatted and Pulled each week, and my body is just not made to Pull Conventional... 2nd was start seeing the Chiro, I do not know a serious lifter (BBer, PLer, otherwise) that doesn't get Chiropractic adjustments routinely... 3rd bought a PVC Pipe and made a PVC Roller, this is a TREMENDOUS asset, not just for your back, but for everything... And most important of all, and I cannot stress how important this is find a really good hip/low back warm-up/mobility routine... Just looked some shit up, and tried it out... Literally within 2 weeks my low back pain has almost COMPLETELY subsided... This might not be your problem, but mine was really, really tight hips... I am in no way loose in the hips now, but I am more loose than before, and it has made all of the difference in the world... I do this warm-up/mobility work every day before I lift, and then some light stretching on my off days... One more thing that bears mentioning, I called my Ortho, and he said to start an Ibuprofen regimen, I asked him if taking 1 a day would be bad for me physically, he said no, not one... Not if you drink enough water, so I did, and I do think it helped get some of the inflammation to go down, so I could stretch it better, and when I did, I started feeling better and lifting better...

The biggest thing is to start being proactive, and trying shit, and if it works keep on, if not move on... But if you are like me, you are not going to let anything keep you from training, and not Squattin or Pullin is not an option... So you just gotta get what you can...