PDA

View Full Version : Respect...

Lifting_Is_Life
09-07-11, 12:08 pm
I've never been so mad in my whole life...I grew up on a farm and just moved away. This allowed me to gain some very valuable pieces of information; respect your elders, value the things you are given and more so the things you've earned, show respect to anyone and everything that would do the same to you(I tend to give it to anyone which seems to bite me in the ass often), and of course..the value of hard work. Many of these attributes can be associated with Bodybuilding I've come to see. But this article is about something else, respect for you and your fellow person:

I had never been close at all to my family outside of my grandfather and sister; but came home to my house to find that my sister had been beaten up by her boyfriend, the rage I felt at that time had never been more intense in my whole life, but for respect's sake(being everyone was obviously upset and I'd have just made it worse) sat quietly in my room; filling up with anger. The next day when everyone was at work, I put a hole in my wall, hit the ground till I broke my left knuckle and went outside and yelled till I lost my voice. This hit me so hard after 18 years of getting drilled into my head to never treat a lady like this, and was just amplified that it was my sister. 3 years have passed since this had happened and only write about it now because it seems to not stop.

A local girl who I knew from my school, a friend, came out and told everyone that she had been raped twice when she was only 12 years old. We couldn't understand why she is just now coming out as it's much to late to put him away with any hard evidence outside a testimony. But while everyone couldn't understand that, I couldn't understand what kind of low life piece of shit would rape a 12 year old girl. I didn't know what I was thinking, thoughts raced through my brain faster then ever before. I had that feeling of rage when my sister was struck and wanted to seriously go find this guy, but knew that'd make the situation a lot more confusing and harder for everyone.

My whole point out of this is a very simple one and I hope everyone can see it. Whether it's a girl, guy, old or young, show them some fucking respect. Not everyone was treated the same and you never know what can or has happened to someone. If they don't show the same then stay away from them, if they don't want your respect by acting snobby and shit then that's their call. This does NOT fucking mean you have green light to hit them, or anything other form of malicious attack. My thoughts on respect...

-Liftin

RENFRO
09-08-11, 9:11 pm
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

Respect everyone until they prove to you otherwise. In my life, family is everything. Being a warrior in the iron game will undoubtedly result in strength and size. I do it so I can cast an intimidating shadow over anyone that's out to harm anyone I love...and I will wield a big ass fucking stick and come find your ass...believe me. As G himself stated..."...being a gentleman doesn't always mean you have to be a gentle man."

Mickey
09-11-11, 12:49 am
i tend to treat someone with respect til they prove to me they deserve otherwise. i often look at others with a theory someone told me a long time ago...

"don't be jealous of others; despite how happy or successful they put themselves on to be, odds are they have more problems than you do."