PDA

View Full Version : Where to fit a fintess routine in there

Agent007
09-12-11, 7:29 am
Hi by the time i've started playing volleyball and now its starting the off season so i am having one qusetion.
I go to volleyball 4 days in a row, so from monday to thursday i am on volleyball. Then i am 3 days off.
I wont do any power moves when i go to volleyball so imagine that its like a cardio session.
Where i can put a fitness routine in the week and what to be ???

I think something like this
1 volleyball
2 volleyball
3 volleyball
4 volleyball
5 chest back
6 legs
7 delts arms

I can go on the same day on volleyball and fitness but wouldnt be too much ?

Aggression
09-12-11, 8:36 am
You can do it as you have it outlined there. No issues. You can also workout 1-2x during the week before or after volleyball. Or you can shorten it up, training just 2x a week, focusing on the major groups.

I'm not exactly sure what you want to do, fitness-wise, but here's my idea. With volleyball, you want to be quick and explosive. So I'd concentrate on the main power movements ...

- Bench Press
- Deadlift
- Squat
- Power Cleans

I'd do something like this ..

Off Day 1
- Bench Press
- Power Cleans
- Assistance exercises (bb curl, dips, etc)

Off Day 2
- Squats
- Deadlifts
- Assistance (pullups, etc)

I don't know much about volleyball, so this is just a shot in the dark ...

Agent007
09-13-11, 8:10 am
Ok so with my coach i did the program like this , 3 day split monday wendsay friday .
The split is going on the big 3 , so deadlift and secondary lifts for back on monday , bench press and others for chest on wendsay and squat and other on friday. But on my first two weight workouts i have to play volleyball immidatly after them ,i am having a question now. When to take the protein shake ?? after the weights , or to wait after the whole training session ?

Aggression
09-13-11, 8:40 am
Ok so with my coach i did the program like this , 3 day split monday wendsay friday .
The split is going on the big 3 , so deadlift and secondary lifts for back on monday , bench press and others for chest on wendsay and squat and other on friday. But on my first two weight workouts i have to play volleyball immidatly after them ,i am having a question now. When to take the protein shake ?? after the weights , or to wait after the whole training session ?

I guess it would depend on how long your volleyball session is. If your practice is about an hour, I'd have some aminos after your workout, practice, then have a shake or meal. But if your practice is lengthy, I'd have something small, a shake and/or a piece of fruit.