PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts of yesterday

FiremanDan
09-12-11, 11:38 pm
10 years. That's a long time. 10 years ago we all suffered great loss. We had never before seen devastation of such magnitude concentrated in one place. We had never witnessed tragedy so close to home. I saw what everyone around the world saw that day. Horrors that shook us to our very core. Shaken so hard it brought us to our knees.
I joined the fire service two and half years ago. At the time I didn't know it

N. Motta
09-13-11, 12:52 am
As a naive teenager, I thought totally different about it then, compared to as I do now. I don't know how to express the scary, sad and helpless feelings I have about 9/11. It's a hard subject/event for me to completely comprehend. My heart goes out not only to the 343 firefighters, among the other victims, but also to the hundreds if not thousands that are suffering/dying from cancers. That shit right there, is hard to think about for me. The ones that lived, that spent so many countless hours on the pile, pouring their heart and soul into the hope of finding their brothers and trapped survivors, and they are fucking dying.

I'd give up everything to work as a FDNY firefighter.

FiremanDan
09-25-11, 10:27 pm
As a naive teenager, I thought totally different about it then, compared to as I do now. I don't know how to express the scary, sad and helpless feelings I have about 9/11. It's a hard subject/event for me to completely comprehend. My heart goes out not only to the 343 firefighters, among the other victims, but also to the hundreds if not thousands that are suffering/dying from cancers. That shit right there, is hard to think about for me. The ones that lived, that spent so many countless hours on the pile, pouring their heart and soul into the hope of finding their brothers and trapped survivors, and they are fucking dying.

I'd give up everything to work as a FDNY firefighter.

I would have given everything to save the lives of my brothers. Without hesitation and without question. I may not have been in the fire service at the time of that horrific event, but they are still my brothers. I live everyday to uphold the honor, values, and traditions of the fire service as they did. To make the world a better place for future generations is my dream. It doesn't matter if I bring inspiration through the Maltese cross or the iron, as long as I have made a difference, that's what matters.

TinyHulk
09-29-11, 10:34 am
Any man or woman that is any line of service whether it is the army or police and everything in between deserves undoubtedly respect. These men and woman put others before themselves and this is why America is free. These men and woman smare true heros and I will always be thankful and show my respect to these heros.

My dad was at the Pentagon that day and thankful he is okay...these heros may have not saved everyone but they are not immortal and deserve the proper respect. I would give anything to stand next to those heros and serve with them.

Thank you for all men and woman do....without you this country would be far worse.

Always pay your dues and stay in check.