PDA

View Full Version : THE Motivation Thread

Tifferzzz
09-14-11, 1:37 pm
For when motivation is lacking, and you need an extra kick of adrenaline, I have opened this thread for quotes, songs, pages, pics - etc. Thought about this when I was going through the Olympia pros on Facebook and happened across:

www.facebook.com/GymMotivation
also came across IFBB Pro Nicole Wilkins' FB Page which is where I also picked up some of these.

There are some AMAZING pic/quotes on there. Here are some that I picked up:

Pics of Achievement:
Although MET-RX is the sponsor in this photo, everyone should see this if they think they can't do something.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150278269427352&set=o.158234624243869&type=1&theater

"When you look in the mirror and see no change, and you still keep the faith, knowing that in time you WILL get there if you stay the course, that's the difference between those who ultimately succeed and those who fail. It ain't about how hard you hit...it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

"You don't get it by staring. You don't get it by wishing. You don't get it by hoping. You don't get it easy. You get it by getting off your ass, working for it every second of every day for the rest of your life."

"You are a force to be reckoned with."

"Devote yourself to an idea. Go make it happen. Struggle on it. Overcome your fears. Smile. Don't forget - this is your dream."

"Pain doesn't tell you when you ought to stop. Pain is the little voice in your head that tries to hold you back because it knows 'if you continue, you will change.' Don't let it stop you from being who you can be. Exhaustion tells you when you ought to stop. You only reach your limit when you can go no further.

"Tell the negative committee that meets in your head to sit down and shut up." ~Kathy Kendall

"There are so many people out there who will tell you that you can't. What you've got to do is turn around and say, "watch me."

If it's important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse.

It's supposed to be hard, if it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard - is what makes it great. ~A League Of Their Own.

No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch.

Give 110% Don't short change yourself, because when it's all said and done, you get out what you put in.

I don't have time to life, .......I make time.

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.

She turned her can't into cans, and her dreams into plans.

Never sacrifice who you are just because someone has a problem with it.

I may not be the strongest. I may not be the fastest. But I'll be damned if I'm not trying my hardest.

Solid Dreams
09-14-11, 2:26 pm
Heh, they got big Ox for their avatar, that's pretty cool. Thanks for this Tiff, definitely a motivator! That guy posing with one leg...

Tifferzzz
09-14-11, 5:40 pm
Heh, they got big Ox for their avatar, that's pretty cool. Thanks for this Tiff, definitely a motivator! That guy posing with one leg...

I was already fired up (so excited to go to the O on Saturday) and this - well these just kicked my adrenal glands into high gear. I'm so HIGH right now! LOL

Tifferzzz
09-15-11, 12:24 pm
Was crashing hard today - until I found out about the 'Cage-Lift' Comps on Saturday. Finding that I'm getting pumped up.

Tiff's Motivation for today - Animal competition with Animals - baby!

Tifferzzz
09-16-11, 4:28 pm
If you haven't already, friend GymMotivation on your facebook.

Latest video they posted gave me chills. It's called 'Bodybuilding Motivation.' I believe that you'll really like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4jeow1CqY0

Back To Basics
09-17-11, 8:07 am
Youtube - "Muscle prodigy" - The best motivation. I really like it.

Cellardweller
09-17-11, 11:32 pm
I just posted this in my Journey.

"What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing; knowing that it is not enough, that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose."

"you may have to fight a battle more than once to win it."

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't."

-Margaret Thatcher

"Develope success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two stepping stones to success."

-Dale Carnegie

"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."

"Failure to prepare is preparing to fail"

-John Wooden

"Failure is only the oppertunity to begin again more intelligently."

"Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right."

"Don't find fault. Find a remedy."

-Henry Ford

"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhileration of victory."

"You must be single minded. Drive for the one thing on which you have decided."

"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do."

-George Patton

Phil800101
01-09-12, 11:21 am
So my dad and I were walking into the gym late Sunday afternoon, and we see this young woman (20's-30's) busting her ass on an elliptical, going as hard and as fast as all hell...with one leg. No prosthetic or anything.

Damn if that didn't motivate me to appreciate what I have and bust my ass yesterday...seeing someone who many would consider at a disadvantage working harder and kicking more ass with one leg than most people ever do with two. I'm definitely going to be thinking of this the next time I don't feel like training, or especially when I feel like skipping cardio.

Just wanted to share that.

C.Coronato
01-10-12, 3:47 pm
Gotta love any and all motivation. Thank you.

Wrath91
01-11-12, 11:00 am
The meaning of life is to give a life a meaning.

Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.

There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

I can i will.

Go the extra mile...it's never crowded.

Excuses are for people who need them.

Wrath91
01-23-12, 5:25 pm
I'd like to share with you video I made,I posted it on my friend's YouTube channel(sorry for serbians subs ) ,here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAr4O0lddwM&list=LLHfdbwZMlPJMkKbbKdeB76A&index=4&feature=plpp_video

I hope you like it,It's my first video editing ,I know its simple but it motivate me pretty hard...that speech is priceless.
Enjoy.

Wrath

n_portner
01-23-12, 9:51 pm
Dude came up to me in the gym today who was obviously twice my size and built like a brick shithouse. As I grabbed the 110lb Db's to flat bench he told me"grabbing big weights doesnt make you look cool" and laughed at me. Im there busting my butt everyday and give it 120% all the time. I looked at him and smiled and pushed out 3 which is a personal best for me.....

BigChrisF
01-24-12, 4:22 am
That's odd. Grabbing big weights makes me look cool...

n_portner
01-24-12, 4:55 pm
That's odd. Grabbing big weights makes me look cool...

I thought so too.....

Tifferzzz
05-15-13, 5:27 pm
I thought so too.....

Maybe if you were female?