PDA

View Full Version : Arnold 2012

Kowboy
09-16-11, 7:46 am
How many are planning on driving to my neck of the woods for the Arnold? I live in Columbus and try to make it ever year. Last year was a no go due to a new job but I am definitely hitting it this year. I have been following the volunteer list for the Vegas show and really hope they do this for the Arnold. I may try and get tickets to watch the actual finals in Bodybuilding if I can get tickets. I know it is early but we could always do a meet up down here for this weekend. I will be taking off of work for sure.

B.S.
09-16-11, 9:07 am
ill be there

i use to live there, new albany area, where you at?

Kowboy
09-16-11, 9:26 am
Right now I live in Lewis Center by the giant Empire of Chase building on Polaris.

Phil800101
09-18-11, 5:19 pm
I wouldn't miss it. There are many of us who are die-hard and go every year. I've been going since 2007.

Normally chi-town rolls about four deep, and off the top of my head I can think of over a dozen people I see there every year, from all over the country. You will not be alone brother, that is for sure.

tatersalad
09-18-11, 5:31 pm
I'll be there!

Bruiser
09-18-11, 5:48 pm
I'm planning on it.

Shukin
09-18-11, 7:13 pm
me too

Kowboy
09-18-11, 7:17 pm
Awesome, I am thinking a nice Animal meet up for some food prior would rock.

Phil800101
09-18-11, 9:31 pm
Usually you can find many of us at Metro Fitness on High & Long from Thursday night on. Normally we eat somewhere in a big group afterwards.

BigBlueBear
09-18-11, 11:35 pm
Driving out from Indy, got my shirt from last year's Cage already set aside to throw on and support Ox taking the stage in Columbus again. Evan's got it this time around!

Christman
09-19-11, 6:31 pm
I'm new to the forum but I think I have made it to the expo the last every year but one in the past 8 years. I'm in the Columbus area up in Worthington and used to hit that Metro Fitness during lunch when I worked downtown. That place is the best place to go train during the expo since it's only about 2-3 blocks from the convention center.

I usually volunteer to do wristbands in the morning on Sunday as the Pump n' Run is going on and then hit the expo for the rest of the day. I know I'll be stopping by the cage as I always do, it's always the best one on the floor and the most motivating. I'd love to go to a meetup prior or during the ASF.

Kowboy
09-19-11, 6:38 pm
You arent far from me. I live on 23 down by Lazelle. I workout on DSCC currently though as it is free.

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
09-19-11, 7:04 pm
Im there. Gotta regain some lost ground against Coronato.

Christman
09-19-11, 7:37 pm
You arent far from me. I live on 23 down by Lazelle. I workout on DSCC currently though as it is free.

Cool, I'm down by the McD's and carwash on Worthington-Galena and close to the Bud plant. I used to go to DSCC a long time ago when I lived over in Whitehall after I finished active duty and was going to school while in the guard. It's a really nice place and you can't beat the price. Perhaps I can see if I can get a week pass sometime up at Metro Fitness in Worthington for you and we could get a few workouts in together if our schedules sync up.

Nix0r
09-19-11, 7:44 pm
I'm in. March is usually an awesome month for me. Arnold right at the beginning, then a huge business conference (this year I was in New Orleans, next year in Vegas) at the end of the month.

Enforcer
09-19-11, 7:53 pm
I wont be driving but if I am able to go to the Arnold I'll be flying and hope I get to go bc the Arnold is a blast

Roughneck
09-19-11, 8:26 pm
Im coming from toledo. staying down there all weekend. Always do. great weekend to be in columbus. Arnold and state wrestling.. doesnt get any better!

Kowboy
09-20-11, 7:29 am
Cool, I'm down by the McD's and carwash on Worthington-Galena and close to the Bud plant. I used to go to DSCC a long time ago when I lived over in Whitehall after I finished active duty and was going to school while in the guard. It's a really nice place and you can't beat the price. Perhaps I can see if I can get a week pass sometime up at Metro Fitness in Worthington for you and we could get a few workouts in together if our schedules sync up.

I believe if you have a retired military ID you can still get on here. I have a kid due in 3 weeks but I would be up for that in the future. It seems like everyone lifts at Metro Fitness.

B.S.
09-20-11, 12:37 pm
first thing im doing is skyline chili
i miss that place

Kowboy
09-20-11, 12:44 pm
I live 2 minutes from a skyline and havent ate there in over a year.

Mr. Dead
09-20-11, 12:46 pm
Currently it's a 50/50 shot, for me... A bit close, to my show, date wise...

B.S.
09-20-11, 2:51 pm
I live 2 minutes from a skyline and havent ate there in over a year.

best drunk food ever

scals
09-20-11, 3:38 pm
I'm there

Jay
09-20-11, 4:01 pm
I am going to try to make it this year too and make the ABC

naturalguy
09-20-11, 4:15 pm
I am counting the days

Mr. Dead
09-20-11, 4:42 pm
I am counting the days

Uhm... Who else's fingers and toes are you borrowming...???

Kowboy
09-20-11, 4:49 pm
I am counting the days

Same here, I am pretty excited.

smoothballer
09-21-11, 8:11 am
Is it March yet?

Christman
09-21-11, 10:07 am
Is it March yet?

No kidding! What's even more awesome is that I am pretty sure that the expo begins on my birthday this year too.

Universal Rep
09-23-11, 10:32 am
People makin' their plans for C-Bus yet?

Nix0r
09-23-11, 10:45 am

The ball was rollin' for the Chicago crew on the car ride back home.

Mr. Dead
09-23-11, 10:47 am

Yes, and no... Depends on the "Almighty Dollar", in my case...

Universal Rep
09-23-11, 10:53 am
Yes, and no... Depends on the "Almighty Dollar", in my case...

That a nickname for ur better half?

Universal Rep
09-23-11, 10:53 am
The ball was rollin' for the Chicago crew on the car ride back home.

Chicago always goes big at the Arnold, for sure...

Mr. Dead
09-23-11, 11:15 am
That a nickname for ur better half?

No... I also have an upcoming show, right near that timeframe... And, competin' ain't cheap... Besides... We simply refer to her as, "She Who Must Be Obeyed"... *LOL*

tatersalad
09-23-11, 3:38 pm
No... I also have an upcoming show, right near that timeframe... And, competin' ain't cheap... Besides... We simply refer to her as, "She Who Must Be Obeyed"... *LOL*

AH HA another brother familiart with SWMBO!!!

Birdman
09-23-11, 3:45 pm
Indiana will be rolling out for sure. Wouldn't miss it.

DetroitMuscle
09-26-11, 11:09 pm
Ill be there for sure - couldnt make it to the Olympia this year and was really bummed about it, but I live in Detroit so its only a 3.5 hour drive for me. Looking forward to it already.

Kowboy
09-27-11, 7:13 am
I am really excited to go this year.

Madcat
09-27-11, 10:36 am
Made it to Thursday, Friday, and the ABC Saturday last year. Was the best weekend of the year, heck even my GF agreed it was the best weekend of the year and she didn't even come lol.

Hit up BD's BBQ after with everyone Thurs, and I think Fri? I forget what we did Friday.

I live in Groveport so 20 from the Expo etc. always take Friday off spending the whole day at the cage and maybe walk around like once. Saturday, we hit up the cage for the mid day activities, usually head home to get a bite to eat before the ABC, then Sunday hit it up all day at the cage alone.

Last year was amazing and I can only imagine where this year will go.

I train at Metro in Worthginton/Westerville whichever you wanna call it, and the local athletic club down by my house if my training partners aren't around.

Kowboy
09-27-11, 10:41 am
Awesome, I look forward to taking part in it all this year.

B.S.
09-27-11, 7:20 pm
cant wait till the bros vs bros challenges start flyin

Christman
09-28-11, 12:25 pm
I train at Metro in Worthginton/Westerville whichever you wanna call it, and the local athletic club down by my house if my training partners aren't around.

Madcat, when do you normally hit up the Metro in Worthington? Lately I've been training there 5-6pm on weekdays and late Sunday mornings before football.

Kowboy
09-28-11, 1:25 pm
Wish I could go to Metro it is close to the house but...the gym on base is free. If everyone ever wants to do a Columbus ABC prior to the Arnold let me know and lets set it up.

Madcat
09-28-11, 4:32 pm
Madcat, when do you normally hit up the Metro in Worthington? Lately I've been training there 5-6pm on weekdays and late Sunday mornings before football.

I havent been hitting it lately, because my spotter has been working too late hrs, so I go home and hit the ath. club back home.

When I do it is 5:35pm when hit the floor until 6:20pm. No cardio there.

I wear animal gear only in the gym so you cant miss me. Always have a Uni. shaker too.

I dont hit weekends up there unless I am working which I don't do often.

four one nine 610-5666. Text me.

Madcat
09-28-11, 4:33 pm
Wish I could go to Metro it is close to the house but...the gym on base is free. If everyone ever wants to do a Columbus ABC prior to the Arnold let me know and lets set it up.

Contact LittleZ, he takes care of most of these.

We will be having one soon I know for sure.