PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Mr. Olympia

zubda345
09-18-11, 2:34 am
The new 2011 Mr.Olympia Phil Heath. Big Big congrats to Phil for winning and Big Big congrats to Kai for taking the 3rd in O for the 1st time. For Jay, Wish U best of luck for the next time... Don't lose heart...

I remember The signature of Carrnage... He wrote that Phill be in 1st place a LOOOONG time ago and man that happened... Nice Guess Carrnage.... I kindda missed the O. I wanted to see Frank pose up on the stage..

Sprint
09-18-11, 7:29 am
Special mention to Jay for being gracious in defeat, that's the mark of a true champion

MRmichael.hooker
09-18-11, 8:15 am
Special mention to Jay for being gracious in defeat, that's the mark of a true champion

I agree. I hope Phil leads the sport the same Jay has done. I wanted Jay to win one last sandow, and be done. Now, no offense to Jay next year since he is the only champ in history to lose & regain his title, BUT, he beat Dexter Jackson... not Phil Heath. If Kai comes in a little lighter, he could run for the title. Wolf needs some more back/hams still, Branch just needs some more seperation, but other than those guys... Phil Heath could very easily be Mr. O for several years. Add another year or two of size and maturity... holy shit

Solid Dreams
09-18-11, 8:26 am
I think that the best thing about Phil is that not only does he look nasty as hell, but he's streamlined, he's not blocky like so many people.

I got to see Wrath do his poses, I just wish he had been picked in the top 15, still a huge victory for him.

Now to get House, Wrath, and big Ox in there!

Bruiser
09-18-11, 8:33 am
I think that the best thing about Phil is that not only does he look nasty as hell, but he's streamlined, he's not blocky like so many people.

I got to see Wrath do his poses, I just wish he had been picked in the top 15, still a huge victory for him.

I agree. Phil has such round muscle bellies that it helps give him that streamlined look. Much more appealing than the blocky look of Cutler. I hope this is a sign of what's to come in the sport.

And just remember, House went to the O last year, Wrath went this year and Ox was invited. So I'm thinking next year we'll see all three.

GUNS
09-18-11, 8:50 am
Agree Hooker, Phil could hold this for a while. I don't think anyone can compete with the lines and proportions he has. But over time, like all others before him, he will get blocky eventually. I just think it is the way you get when you get older. Dex hasn't I know, but he is a smaller framed guy. I think Jay really beat himself in pre-judging. I want to see the score cards cause I think Jay looked 10x better in the finals. Looking at the pics, I still think Jay looked pretty good. I do think he deserved 2nd. Kia is ok, but does not have that crispness that Jay had. I really don't think Dex belonged in the top 6. I hate if's, but with Branch in there, he would have been 7th. I think Branch would have pulled 3rd again.

It will be nice to see the 3 Animals up there and possibly 4 with Big Mike Van Wyck in the mix as well.

And Jay was a class act and I don't think he lost so to speak. With Phil winning it was win win for him. He looked honestly happy for Phil. His protege. But the torch was passed among friends and what better than that.

Sprint
09-18-11, 9:38 am
I agree. I hope Phil leads the sport the same Jay has done. I wanted Jay to win one last sandow, and be done. Now, no offense to Jay next year since he is the only champ in history to lose & regain his title, BUT, he beat Dexter Jackson... not Phil Heath. If Kai comes in a little lighter, he could run for the title. Wolf needs some more back/hams still, Branch just needs some more seperation, but other than those guys... Phil Heath could very easily be Mr. O for several years. Add another year or two of size and maturity... holy shit

to get House, Wrath, and big Ox in there!

I agree. Phil has such round muscle bellies that it helps give him that streamlined look. Much more appealing than the blocky look of Cutler. I hope this is a sign of what's to come in the sport.

And just remember, House went to the O last year, Wrath went this year and Ox was invited. So I'm thinking next year we'll see all three.

All this

FITGYM
09-18-11, 11:42 am
congrats to Phil. Jay was a class act about 2nd place. I'd like to know how they scored......

zubda345
09-18-11, 4:23 pm
I think the show went awesome... Right Phil has round muscles unlike jay, But Jay is also the only O winner I know who has grasped the title again after losing it which is a really really hard thing near me, and besides that Phil worked his ass off he deserved that... Hell all of the Monsters standing there work there butts off 24/7/365 They all deserve what they get... Mostly OUR respect... And every-damn-one who was there on the stage, all of those who work their asses off for this sport have my full respect... Keep working hard and inspiring us...

I'd like to know how they scored......

I would also like to know how they scored??

Enforcer
09-18-11, 4:28 pm
Phil Heath looked like a fuckin cartroon character, unreal physique, def. gonna be a force to be reckoned with over the years to come

MRmichael.hooker
09-18-11, 4:41 pm
Phil Heath looked like a fuckin cartroon character, unreal physique, def. gonna be a force to be reckoned with over the years to come

scary part is hes only 31, which means hes gonna get even better

zubda345
09-19-11, 1:42 am
scary part is hes only 31, which means hes gonna get even better

Yeah he might b 31. But U know IF Ron makes a comeback next year phil might get a HELL OF A COMP. He'll have to work harder than he has ever done in his life...

Carrnage
09-19-11, 2:32 am
The new 2011 Mr.Olympia Phil Heath. Big Big congrats to Phil for winning and Big Big congrats to Kai for taking the 3rd in O for the 1st time. For Jay, Wish U best of luck for the next time... Don't lose heart...

I remember The signature of Carrnage... He wrote that Phill be in 1st place a LOOOONG time ago and man that happened... Nice Guess Carrnage.... I kindda missed the O. I wanted to see Frank pose up on the stage..

I literally laughed so hard when Phil Heath walked out during pre-judging because i couldnt believe what i was seeing.....a guy that big with perfect shape, seperation, condition, mass. Jay is a class act huge respect for him, i actually teared up when watching the whole speech. Kai has so much muscle, biggest guy on stake, Kai said he was 279 before pre judging, so im guessing when he was on stake he was around 290.....amazing.....i really dont know what to say about Kai but the dude is a true monster. Conditioning was spot on, he just lacked the crazy seperation/deep cuts that Phil and Jay have.

Oh and Dennis looked fucking amazing. Once he adds more mass to his quads, refinement to his upperbody, his back is crazy wide/thick/detailed, almost perfect, but his lower back is a bit at a imbalance with the rest of his back.
I like Victor, cool guy, looked amazing in 07, but the truth is....hes done. Same with Dex, Toney, Marcus Haley.

And big congrats to Frank Mcgrath for stepping onstage, after his accidents, still able to step on stage at the O is amazing story itself.

Carrnage
09-19-11, 2:35 am

Mannn House needs to do that 212 division!! He would def dominate, dethrone English for sure! Unless The House plans to add a tremendous amount of thickness to his chest and back then he should stick with the open class. Only God knows how seperated/freaky looking his quads would look if he dropped down to the 212 class.

Back To Basics
09-19-11, 4:50 am
Never lose Faith in Kai !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNB3y0_vlMk&feature=related

Solid Dreams
09-19-11, 6:01 am
Mannn House needs to do that 212 division!! He would def dominate, dethrone English for sure! Unless The House plans to add a tremendous amount of thickness to his chest and back then he should stick with the open class. Only God knows how seperated/freaky looking his quads would look if he dropped down to the 212 class.

Well, House is 280ish right now, so I doubt he'll be able to drop to 202/212 if most of that is quality muscle.

Kowboy
09-19-11, 8:50 am
I was really please with how Jay passed on the legacy to Phil. It was great to see such friendship. I know me personally if I wanted to lose I would want it to be by someone I helped out. I don't think it would be such a hard defeat. I really enjoyed watching all of it this past weekend. I just wish the quality of the streaming would have been a touch better. Some of the announcers were driving me crazy when I couldn't hear the actual announcers from the Olympia.

Sprint
09-19-11, 10:09 am
I was really please with how Jay passed on the legacy to Phil. It was great to see such friendship. I know me personally if I wanted to lose I would want it to be by someone I helped out. I don't think it would be such a hard defeat. I really enjoyed watching all of it this past weekend. I just wish the quality of the streaming would have been a touch better. Some of the announcers were driving me crazy when I couldn't hear the actual announcers from the Olympia.

He put out a facebook statement saying how he's pleased for his friend. Sheer class.

MRmichael.hooker
09-19-11, 3:25 pm
Yeah he might b 31. But U know IF Ron makes a comeback next year phil might get a HELL OF A COMP. He'll have to work harder than he has ever done in his life...

Ronnie Coleman is closer to 50 than 40. And as phenominal as Ronnie WAS, Jay beat him, multiple times. And if Phil just beat Jay... how could an almost 50 yearold who hasnt been bodybuilding for years... compete with a current Mr. O? That'd be like saying John Elway could come out of retirement and give Tom Brady or Peyton Manning a run for MVP.

Carrnage
09-19-11, 6:12 pm
Well, House is 280ish right now, so I doubt he'll be able to drop to 202/212 if most of that is quality muscle.

Wow 280!?!? Has he ever gotten that heavy before? Didnt know The House means buisness.....most bodybuilder nowa days never make drastic size improvements sorta like Ronnie from 01-03....and Phil from 09-11, wish we could see more of that. I hope The House does thicken up those pecs/back, his structure/wheels are already a guranteed top 10 in any show.

Sprint
09-19-11, 6:13 pm
Ronnie Coleman is closer to 50 than 40. And as phenominal as Ronnie WAS, Jay beat him, multiple times. And if Phil just beat Jay... how could an almost 50 yearold who hasnt been bodybuilding for years... compete with a current Mr. O? That'd be like saying John Elway could come out of retirement and give Tom Brady or Peyton Manning a run for MVP.

100%

Carrnage
09-19-11, 6:13 pm

Zub is a lost fella, excuse him. lol

Carrnage
09-19-11, 6:19 pm

Zub, Ronnie doesnt look nearly as good as he did before, even if he did come in contest condition he wouldnt look that great. As great as Ronnie is, he prolly wouldnt even make the top 6 at the Olympia. The only "HELL OF A COMP" for Phil Heath is Branch Warren, Kai Greene, Dennis Wolf....

And When Evan Centopani/Ben Pakulski/Fouad Abiad/Steve Kuclo/Cedric Mcmillen/Seth Feroce/Ed Nunn grow up to be big boys(lol) they are def gonna give Phil a hell of a competition. Those up n coming guys are still babies in this sport and they showcase surperior shape/size already at such a young age. Ohh mannn the future is gonna be great for bodybuilding! Shape/Semmetry/Size is back fellas! No more mass freaks with ugly shape!

Sprint
09-19-11, 6:32 pm
Ohh mannn the future is gonna be great for bodybuilding! Shape/Semmetry/Size is back fellas! No more mass freaks with ugly shape!

Hopefully!

MRmichael.hooker
09-19-11, 8:09 pm
And When Evan Centopani/Ben Pakulski/Fouad Abiad/Steve Kuclo/Cedric Mcmillen/Seth Feroce/Ed Nunn grow up to be big boys(lol) they are def gonna give Phil a hell of a competition. Those up n coming guys are still babies in this sport and they showcase surperior shape/size already at such a young age. Ohh mannn the future is gonna be great for bodybuilding! Shape/Semmetry/Size is back fellas! No more mass freaks with ugly shape!

One mass freak you forgot about still lurking out there... the HUGE, conditioned, very young Zack Kahn. His acl will be healed.. and he'll be back on stage sooner than later

zubda345
09-20-11, 4:04 pm
Zub, Ronnie doesnt look nearly as good as he did before, even if he did come in contest condition he wouldnt look that great. As great as Ronnie is, he prolly wouldnt even make the top 6 at the Olympia. The only "HELL OF A COMP" for Phil Heath is Branch Warren, Kai Greene, Dennis Wolf....

Well yes ronn is down. But i still believe he is the best their is... n u r right kur animal athletes look v v good and hopefully in some years they will b serious competition in the olympia. And phil has some serious heat in him now. Kai is gonna kill it for the next time and branch... well he's one of a kind hes gonna come stronger than ever i just have that feeling... phil will also do the best he can but we'll see what happens...

zubda345
09-20-11, 4:07 pm

U dont know what he might bring on the stage man... i pretty much want ronn to win o for one more time

GUNS
09-20-11, 4:23 pm
Ronnie will most likely never step on the Olympia stage again.

Carrnage
09-20-11, 4:54 pm
Well yes ronn is down. But i still believe he is the best their is... n u r right kur animal athletes look v v good and hopefully in some years they will b serious competition in the olympia. And phil has some serious heat in him now. Kai is gonna kill it for the next time and branch... well he's one of a kind hes gonna come stronger than ever i just have that feeling... phil will also do the best he can but we'll see what happens...

Im not sure if you understand how bodybuilding works? You said Kai is gonna come in stronger than ever? How? Conditioning wise? His conditioning was peeled this year, its just he lacks the deep cuts/seperation that Phil has.

Carrnage
09-20-11, 4:56 pm
U dont know what he might bring on the stage man... i pretty much want ronn to win o for one more time

Yup you have no clue how bodybuilding works.

lol jk

Dude Ronnie is a great, but to even look like what he looked like before will take a tremendous amount of risk/bravery/dedication/passion, which is not easy!!!

korn_fed
09-20-11, 11:23 pm
One mass freak you forgot about still lurking out there... the HUGE, conditioned, very young Zack Kahn. His acl will be healed.. and he'll be back on stage sooner than later

Zack Khan will be a force to be reckoned with if he pinpoints his conditioning, which has always ben a problem for him in the past. And don't forget Animal's very own Evan Centopani... The last time I saw him at the Arnold, he was looking like he was ready to rumble with the big leagues. Skipping the Olympia this year and taking so much time off, I can only IMAGINE what he'll look like in the upcoming year if he gets his conditioning down, which doesn't seem to be too much of a problem with. All in all, my dream line up would be to see Kai, Heath, Centopani, Khan, Freeman (a little more mass and he, too, will be ready for the big leagues), Wolf, Victor, and last but not least, who many people seem to overlook, Brendan Curry, who is young but on the come up and hungry as hell. I think that it's not out of line to say that Cutler's and Dexter Jackson's prime time has came and passed. It's a shame, because I always liked Dexter's physique, never really cared for Jay's though, he was too blocky and WAY too thick around the midsection.

korn_fed
09-20-11, 11:25 pm

Zack Khan will be a force to be reckoned with if he pinpoints his conditioning, which has always ben a problem for him in the past. And don't forget Animal's very own Evan Centopani... The last time I saw him at the Arnold, he was looking like he was ready to rumble with the big leagues. Skipping the Olympia this year and taking so much time off, I can only IMAGINE what he'll look like in the upcoming year if he gets his conditioning down, which doesn't seem to be too much of a problem with. All in all, my dream line up would be to see Kai, Heath, Centopani, Khan, Freeman (a little more mass and he, too, will be ready for the big leagues), Wolf, Victor, and last but not least, who many people seem to overlook, Brendan Curry, who is young but on the come up and hungry as hell. I think that it's not out of line to say that Cutler's and Dexter Jackson's prime time has came and passed. It's a shame, because I always liked Dexter's physique, never really cared for Jay's though, he was too blocky and WAY too thick around the midsection.

Let alone Ronnie Coleman... the master's might even be out of his league at this point

zubda345
09-21-11, 4:42 am
Ronnie will most likely never step on the Olympia stage again.

dont say thaaattt :( lol

zubda345
09-21-11, 4:43 am
Im not sure if you understand how bodybuilding works? You said Kai is gonna come in stronger than ever? How? Conditioning wise? His conditioning was peeled this year, its just he lacks the deep cuts/seperation that Phil has.

I meant seperation wise... He has a nice load of muscle on him...

zubda345
09-21-11, 4:46 am
Yup you have no clue how bodybuilding works.

lol jk

Dude Ronnie is a great, but to even look like what he looked like before will take a tremendous amount of risk/bravery/dedication/passion, which is not easy!!!

I know he said that by himself but he will show up n do the best he can to get to top 10.

MRmichael.hooker
09-21-11, 7:38 am
I know he said that by himself but he will show up n do the best he can to get to top 10.

Like I said... Ronnie is almost 50. He lost the Mr. O two times in his early 40s... how on earth could he do BETTER at 50 when he hasnt been bodybuilding ever since he LOST the O? It's simple common sense

Sprint
09-21-11, 7:44 am
I saw Ronnie at the Bodypower Expo over here back in May. Somebody asked him to do a front double biceps, which he did. Now, yeah he's still got a lot of that freakish size (altho nowhere quite as near as much as he had a few years ago) & he's obviously more developed than 99% of the population. In terms of professional bodybuilding though, at the very highest level, he's a long way off now. Even before you start to consider that it would seem the focus is beginning to shift slightly away from the mass monsters.

Lee Haney for a 9th Sandow anybody???

MRmichael.hooker
09-21-11, 7:48 am
I saw Ronnie at the Bodypower Expo over here back in May. Somebody asked him to do a front double biceps, which he did. Now, yeah he's still got a lot of that freakish size (altho nowhere quite as near as much as he had a few years ago) & he's obviously more developed than 99% of the population. In terms of professional bodybuilding though, at the very highest level, he's a long way off now. Even before you start to consider that it would seem the focus is beginning to shift slightly away from the mass monsters.

Lee Haney for a 9th Sandow anybody???

I hear Franco Columbo is doing the Arnold Classic ...

Sprint
09-21-11, 7:51 am
I hear Franco Columbo is doing the Arnold Classic ...

Altho in all fairness, Big Lou is still in pretty impressive shape

Bruiser
09-21-11, 8:05 am
Did anybody see Valentino's Ramblin' Freak column in last month's MD? He went on and on about how Phil could NEVER beat Jay! I can't wait to see the next issue! LOL

C.Coronato
09-21-11, 10:25 am
I was beyond excited to see Phil win this year. Im a fan of him and his physique. Id like to see him start a new reign as king. I dont see many people beating him any time soon.

Carrnage
09-21-11, 6:51 pm

In a regular "pro show" but in the Olympia? Well yeah, i suppose Ronnie could still make the top 10 in the O. Because the top 6 guys are epic, the rest of the guys have amatuer size so i can see Ronnie even making the top 6 now that i think about it!! I forgot how poorly bodybuilders look nowa days compared to the "Greats" wayy back then.

BarbellManiac
09-21-11, 8:06 pm
On the topic of Ronnie, the man is done. He has no intentions of coming back, he's even down to 260 lbs. Let's see, nerve damage, torn lat, quad injury, torn tricep, rotator cuff tear...The guy's done. Ronnie is most certainly the most impressive bodybuilder to walk the stage and dare I say even better than Yates if compared in his peak physique (beauty is different). Zub, I too would love to see Ronnie win, but there is no chance, he would compete at like 245-250 lbs, with disproportional muscle groups and a very worn down physique. The man has achieved more in this sport than anyone. He might even have a hard time cracking the top 10. You have your peak, and you have your downfall, no use fighting the natural elements, because the answer is that you won't be able to beat them. Just my 2 cents.

BarbellManiac
09-21-11, 8:09 pm

Phil has insane genetics and that's probably the reason for his deep cuts. Lets just hope he doesn't start playing the size game and get big too quickly...

Carrnage
09-21-11, 10:19 pm
Phil has insane genetics and that's probably the reason for his deep cuts. Lets just hope he doesn't start playing the size game and get big too quickly...

Shoot....with his genetics if he got big so quickly he would be even more dominant. That small waist and deep cuts aint goin no where!

If Phil Heath shows up next year with an even bigger package that is fucking amazing, most bodybuilders hardly make size improvements nowa days because they wanna stay "aesthetic"....which is an excuse to stay small!

I wonder what Phil weighed this year on stage....if anyone knows shoot me a pm or something, that dude looked heavy maybe around the 260's?

BarbellManiac
09-22-11, 12:43 am
Shoot....with his genetics if he got big so quickly he would be even more dominant. That small waist and deep cuts aint goin no where!

If Phil Heath shows up next year with an even bigger package that is fucking amazing, most bodybuilders hardly make size improvements nowa days because they wanna stay "aesthetic"....which is an excuse to stay small!

I wonder what Phil weighed this year on stage....if anyone knows shoot me a pm or something, that dude looked heavy maybe around the 260's?

He competed at 250, if he gains too much mass fast, what that does is add to your waist. Your body can only hold on to so much food, so your stomach expands, and with all the insulin it's hard to keep your waist in line unless you want progressive size gains which are good for a guy like Phil. Ronnie did the size game, and his waist definitely got bigger, so did Yates. So a few pounds of increase each year instead of like 20-30 lbs is a better approach.

Carrnage
09-22-11, 1:16 am
He competed at 250, if he gains too much mass fast, what that does is add to your waist. Your body can only hold on to so much food, so your stomach expands, and with all the insulin it's hard to keep your waist in line unless you want progressive size gains which are good for a guy like Phil. Ronnie did the size game, and his waist definitely got bigger, so did Yates. So a few pounds of increase each year instead of like 20-30 lbs is a better approach.

I know that!!!!! lol.....im just so hyped up about Phil!!!

Where did you find Phil's 2011 olympia weight? And keep in mind those are typically before pre-judging

BarbellManiac
09-22-11, 2:55 am
I know that!!!!! lol.....im just so hyped up about Phil!!!

Where did you find Phil's 2011 olympia weight? And keep in mind those are typically before pre-judging

Found that on md...if you want everything accurate go ask Phil. But trust me...he did not.compete at 260.

zubda345
09-22-11, 3:27 am
Well I guess. Everyone has his own thinking mind. and BM is right U have ur peak, u have ur downfall....

And who said that Franco is doing Olympia next year??

Back To Basics
09-22-11, 4:15 am
Well I guess. Everyone has his own thinking mind. and BM is right U have ur peak, u have ur downfall....

It's a joke

zubda345
09-22-11, 1:26 pm
It's a joke

ok

Carrnage
09-22-11, 10:51 pm
Found that on md...if you want everything accurate go ask Phil. But trust me...he did not.compete at 260.

Personally i think he looks like hes 265-270 at 5'11, but in reality hes prolly like 250 like you said.

Carrnage
09-22-11, 10:52 pm
ok

John Cena is doing the Olympia next year bro

GUNS
09-22-11, 11:05 pm
And you know if Cena is there, the Rock is gonna be there laying the smackdown on his candy ass!

Carrnage
09-23-11, 1:06 am
And you know if Cena is there, the Rock is gonna be there laying the smackdown on his candy ass!

Man i cant wait for that!

pushin weight
09-23-11, 1:55 am
Fuck it...Arnolds coming back to beat em all in 2012.......:)

zubda345
09-23-11, 2:39 am
Now I thought Arnld is busy in making some new movies.

I think THE INTERNET CHAMPION is gonna b there for 2012 O. WOO WOO WOO U knOw iT! :P

zubda345
09-23-11, 2:41 am
Man i cant wait for that!

nor can I

solomon_caine
09-24-11, 6:44 am
I could hardly believe what I read here! I was out of the Olympia news circle for a number of days and here's Phil, surprising me with a win for number one! Congrats to Phil Heath for snagging the Sandow and kudos to Jay Cutler, who stood up like a true champion despite being second...

...hmmm....

Now let's bring Ox, The House and Wrath in there next year. I think Ox skipped this one to be ready for the next O. I'm pegging my bets on him and his win for the Olympia.

Shukin
09-24-11, 11:08 am
Altho in all fairness, Big Lou is still in pretty impressive shape

Big Lou looks awesome, he Frank Zane and Universal's Greg Long have all stuck with the sport, still train hard.
I respect these guys to no end.

It's a joke

ok
Great exchange right here.

How come no one mentions how well Phil interviews? The guy is great! Love his physique, I hope he doesn't go bigger I would love to see bodybuilding go in a direction of "attainable" physiques. I'm sick of the freaks, there I said it. In my opinion they don't look good, it's not something I would want 24/7 365.
No disrespect to any one, I respect their hard work and effort, it's just not for me.

solomon_caine
09-25-11, 11:19 pm
Zack Khan...lying in wait....man, that guy's something else.

zubda345
09-26-11, 1:29 pm
It looks like Ronnie is gonna make a comeback in 2012... It would b great to see him on stage.

BarbellManiac
09-26-11, 4:58 pm
It looks like Ronnie is gonna make a comeback in 2012... It would b great to see him on stage.

Dude, he clearly stated in MD that he's not making a comeback. Give the guy a break, he's like 50.

zubda345
09-26-11, 5:11 pm
Dude, he clearly stated in MD that he's not making a comeback. Give the guy a break, he's like 50.

I read his fb. he said he might make a comeback for one last o in 2012

BarbellManiac
09-26-11, 8:39 pm
I read his fb. he said he might make a comeback for one last o in 2012

He won't even qualify for the Olympia, you need to place in the top 3 (now I think it's first) for a pro show to qualify, Maybe the masters, but that's it.

MRmichael.hooker
09-26-11, 9:03 pm
He won't even qualify for the Olympia, you need to place in the top 3 (now I think it's first) for a pro show to qualify, Maybe the masters, but that's it.

yup, you must WIN a show to qualify. top 4 at the O auto qualify for next Mr O. Forgive Zub, he thought Franco Columbo was really making a comeback too...

Wycked
09-26-11, 9:10 pm
The don of the phil heath era is upon us. I will tell everyone right now this guy will not be beaten for a long time to come. Too much muscle and solid from every angle. It wouldn't have matter of branch was there or not and it will never matter. Branch can't stand with phil from the back. Width wise he smashes phil I'm sure but detail wise its not even close

Congrats to phil and thank god a pleasing physique is finally MR O.

BarbellManiac
09-26-11, 10:34 pm
yup, you must WIN a show to qualify. top 4 at the O auto qualify for next Mr O. Forgive Zub, he thought Franco Columbo was really making a comeback too...

Zub's a great guy, it's good that he asks questions and questions everything which is ultimately the way to learn, but there is no possible way Coleman can come back, Olympia is no joke, your competing against the top in the world and he was the best in the history in his time, and will always be remembered.

zubda345
10-06-11, 2:14 pm
Zub's a great guy, it's good that he asks questions and questions everything which is ultimately the way to learn, but there is no possible way Coleman can come back, Olympia is no joke, your competing against the top in the world and he was the best in the history in his time, and will always be remembered.

Thank you Brother

Big Byrd
10-06-11, 6:25 pm

i talked to him. he has a herniated or slipped disc in his back. just got out of surgery and has to go back under soon to be fused. he said he is done. he looked rough; like he hurt

zubda345
10-11-11, 12:31 am
i talked to him. he has a herniated or slipped disc in his back. just got out of surgery and has to go back under soon to be fused. he said he is done. he looked rough; like he hurt

That's too bad... I feel bad for him :(

Cranky
10-11-11, 9:43 am
I read in the MD forum that once you capture a O title, your qualified for life. Anyone know if any truth to this or did I just read bullshit in the No Bull forum?

C.Coronato
10-11-11, 11:17 am
I have heard a few different rules that are changing with the O. Im not sure about the qualified for life one ..