PDA

View Full Version : The Rev's Annual Olympia Endeavor - version 2011

rev8ball
09-20-11, 6:20 pm
Olympia in Sin City..... is there anything else left to say? Matter of fact, there is.

Excess, debauchery, extreme, "What happens here...." We've all heard these sometimes trite expressions about 702. Add in the O, and things are always taken to the next level. But throw in ANIMAL, and things are taken to another galaxy.

I started the weekend off Wednesday afternoon when Ghost rode into town. He drove from Detroit to LV on his motorcycle, and by the time he hit southern Utah, it was pouring rain, all the way in to LV..… one insane motherfucker….

On Thursday, I picked up Grant “Higa Monster” and big Ben “Seath242” (ask him about that sometime) at the airport. Once again, my poor Ford Explorer got violated by shoving 7 people and their luggage in to. We head off to my facility (The Institute of Sport Science & Athletic Conditioning – ISSAC) to let Grant pick out what he wanted to use during his demo at the Cage. We loaded up the truck with Grant’s implements, plus items that I was letting the ASC use in their pro strongman comp, and drove over to the LV Convention Center. We get to the docks, but the all of the union dock workers were at lunch, so it took about 3 hours to get everything unloaded and to the booths. Done there, we invaded In N Out Burger by UNLV, and tore that poor place up.

Friday morning came early, and Ghost and I headed down to the Expo. He drove his bike down separately so the ASC could use it in their Conan Wheel competition. We then got in to the Cage, everyone said their hellos, and then the doors opened… chaos ensued. Great seminars by the Animals; I enjoyed doing the HRT seminar once again with Rage, got to make Bird and Big D whimper like little school girls. Okay, so maybe curse like sailors would be more appropriate. That evening, we got back to ISSAC and had a big ass BBQ: dogs, sausages, ribs….. definitely gooooood eatin’.

Saturday morning started out with us taking Ghost’s motorcycle to the shop to get some much needed lovin’ after such a long drive. We then headed to the Convention Center for round two of craziness. Awesome day saw more great seminars. Time to tear down the Cage to get it ready for the Arnold; did it in record time. That night, several of us headed over to Green Valley Ranch to watch Steel Panther perform. If you’ve never heard or seen them, look ‘em up on youtube. Fucking hysterical…

Sunday morning came with out a warning. Hit up Gold’s for the big ABC. Took some great shots, and had a great breakfast courtesy of UN. Said our good-byes, and went home to crash.

As usual, a freaking fantastic weekend. Thanks to everyone who stopped by - Forvm members, Animal staff, and UN in general for making it as memorable as it was. Check the link out below for some of my pics.

http://photobucket.com/olympia2011?albumview=slideshow

See you in six months in Columbus……

Mr. Dead
09-20-11, 7:37 pm
Nice...!!! One day, I'll make it out there...

B.S.
09-20-11, 7:46 pm
i wont miss it again next year

Sandpig
09-21-11, 7:12 am
Great job, Rev.

Flash419
09-21-11, 10:13 am
Great pics.. thanks for sharing bro..

C.Coronato
09-21-11, 10:19 am
Great read Rev. Always a good time on your home turf. Thank you for all your hospitality my friend!

HIGA MONSTER
09-21-11, 11:11 am
Those fuckin union Expo workers were killing me.

It took us 5 minutes for us to load all that equipment into Big D's truck at ISACC, but took over 3 hours to unload it at the Convention Center because they take their sweet ass time and went on lunch break after we waited there for almost 2 hours.

Frickin brutal.

Good to see you bro. I will be down there on Nov 4th for Bristol's title fight. Hope to hook up with you then.
HIGA MONSTER

naturalguy
09-21-11, 12:32 pm
The O in Las Vegas would not go down as smooth as it did without the help of rev8ball. I can't say enough good things, you have helped make the past few years at the O a great experience for us.

rev8ball
09-21-11, 2:22 pm
Those fuckin union Expo workers were killing me.

It took us 5 minutes for us to load all that equipment into Big D's truck at ISACC, but took over 3 hours to unload it at the Convention Center because they take their sweet ass time and went on lunch break after we waited there for almost 2 hours.

Frickin brutal.

Good to see you bro. I will be down there on Nov 4th for Bristol's title fight. Hope to hook up with you then.
HIGA MONSTER

Tell me about it. I was about to start throwing those 45s like they were frisbees!

Looking forward to seeing you then. Let me know the details when you can.
Thanks again!

rev8ball
09-21-11, 2:27 pm
Great read Rev. Always a good time on your home turf. Thank you for all your hospitality my friend!

The O in Las Vegas would not go down as smooth as it did without the help of rev8ball. I can't say enough good things, you have helped make the past few years at the O a great experience for us.

Thanks, bros. Seriously not a prob. Anything I can do to make things work out here, you got me!
And hey, if you ever need my assistance with anything out here, even if it's not O related, you know how to get a hold of me.

Thanks again....

P Diesel
09-22-11, 5:57 pm
Rev,

great spendin sum time w ya bro and sharin stories...had a blast. myself and everyone else is appreciative of all the work u put in. keep me posted about any of those community based events with the kids, if ull have me out ill b there homey. keep me posted.

P

rev8ball
09-22-11, 6:18 pm
Rev,

great spendin sum time w ya bro and sharin stories...had a blast. myself and everyone else is appreciative of all the work u put in. keep me posted about any of those community based events with the kids, if ull have me out ill b there homey. keep me posted.

P

Dittos, bro. It's great to put a face to the name.
I will keep you up to date on the goings-ons with my youth group. Thanks big time in advance!

Seath308
09-22-11, 7:36 pm
SEATH308!!! Had a great time meeting you you're an awesome dude!

rev8ball
09-22-11, 8:21 pm
SEATH308!!! Had a great time meeting you you're an awesome dude!

Didn't you use to be 242? How did you come up with that name??.........LOL

It was great hanging & eating with you, too, bro; I had a blast. If you make it down my way again, let me know. Otherwise, see you in six months!

J-Dawg
09-23-11, 2:00 pm
Had a great time working with you at The Cage and talking with ya throughout the weekend (esp. about the NAUT, lol). Thanks for all your help throughout the O endeavor.

rev8ball
09-23-11, 2:06 pm
Had a great time working with you at The Cage and talking with ya throughout the weekend (esp. about the NAUT, lol). Thanks for all your help throughout the O endeavor.

Dittos, bro. It was a real blast. Anytime you guys need something out here on the left coast, make sure you let me know.

Just make sure Juggs doesn't bleed from the ears anymore; I'm not sure just how much he has left.....lol

See you in 6 months.....

leanbody
09-23-11, 2:22 pm
Hey guys (esp rev8ball)
The cage was a blast this year as it was last year. Great people, great info, great products, Awesome baseball caps!

Thanks mucho for setting it all up and making it a real fun, learning experience rather than just a bunch of sample handed out by hired guns.

major props to frank McG - awesome showing at The O - spectacular physique - if that doesn't speak well for Animal, nothing does!

Thanks also to the House for training tips at the ABC!

My only regret was that i didnt bring a spare suitcase to stock up on the good deals! Next year....

Jay
09-23-11, 5:59 pm
Nice meeting you at the cage. What a weekend!

rev8ball
09-23-11, 6:09 pm
Nice meeting you at the cage. What a weekend!

Greate meeting you too, bro. It was insane, that's for sure!

biggredd
09-23-11, 11:52 pm
it was great meeting you at the the Olympia, and thanks for inviting Richard,Tony, and myself to your gym it's bad ass