PDA

View Full Version : Your Take On Pyramiding Schemes

Lifting_Is_Life
09-23-11, 11:38 pm
Yo, looking on who likes pyramiding weights. And who likes picking a single weight and pumping it out for 4 sets and why!

I prefer pyramiding because the first 2 working sets are still heavy but they aren't a strain so when I bump up they act as a shocker to my muscles and are ready for the 2 last real heavy sets. I have and do like using single weights, just prefer pyramiding. Have at it guys!

Liftin

R-Man
09-24-11, 10:22 pm
Def love the pyramids. I have used them for incline bench, deadlifts & squats. A nice way to break thru a plateau.

LegendKillerJosh
09-24-11, 11:01 pm
No matter what you are doing I think it is wise to start at a lower weight and work up to your heaviest set. Getting warmed up and gradually increasing the weight will help you handle more weights, and handle them safely. But by "pyramiding" I think of working up to a weight and then dropping the weights back down, which I do not do. The heaviest set should take everything you got, and in my opinion be the last set. Especially when training to gain size, I believe when you reach you failure, that should be it, and it's time to go home to eat, rest and grow.

B.S.
09-24-11, 11:23 pm
i like to warm up then do a reverse pyramid on curls, pushdowns, pullovers and db shrugs.
so starting out big and going till failure then fail on the weights going down