PDA

View Full Version : The Jefferson Deadlift & The Van Dam Lift

R-Man
09-28-11, 5:50 pm
I was youtubing & came across these. Anyone ever give these a shot or have them in there routine?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l01cNAOwrBE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJd-REO6GJM

PORTERHOUSE
09-28-11, 6:53 pm
haha wow, I have never heard of either of these... the "jefferson" looks like it may put your back in a twisted position (hard to tell from that video), which is unnatural and looks like an injury waiting to happen to me... even if it isn't, I am wondering what the benefit of this would be vs. a regular dead?

and the "van dam", well, I'm pretty sure I would die just trying to get in position for it, and even if I could, I again find myself wondering what the benefit of this would be.

So I dunno, even if someone who has actually heard of these jumps in here and swears by them, cites me 10 sources of scientific proof that they are the tits mass builders, I still am not going to try them...

especially the "van dam", WTF?

pushin weight
09-29-11, 9:24 am
The jefferson....interesting

The van damn....fucking retarted....

Aggression
09-29-11, 10:35 am
The jefferson....interesting

The van damn....fucking retarted....

x2, haha.

I've seen the jefferson deadlift. Kai Greene used to do those for extra glute work during his prep. The RVD deadlift is just plain dumb.

Enforcer
09-29-11, 11:43 am
Hhahahahha that RVD vid is awesome, I miss the real ECW wrestling from back in the back

C.Coronato
09-29-11, 4:43 pm
That is absolutely insane.

J-Dawg
09-29-11, 5:09 pm
That Van Dam lift is sick, lol.

MRmichael.hooker
09-29-11, 9:09 pm
I've used the jefferson alot in the past. It actually is a great hamstring developer. Only guys ive ever seen do it is Kai & Toney Freeman (thats where I got the idea from, the X man). Its a real different feeling than the standard dead or sumo. Like I said, puts alot of emphasis on the hammys

J-Dawg
09-30-11, 9:33 am
I've used the jefferson alot in the past. It actually is a great hamstring developer. Only guys ive ever seen do it is Kai & Toney Freeman (thats where I got the idea from, the X man). Its a real different feeling than the standard dead or sumo. Like I said, puts alot of emphasis on the hammys

Thinking of trying this out for once. I like that it puts extra emphasis on the hammy's.

pushin weight
10-03-11, 6:09 am
Thinking of trying this out for once. I like that it puts extra emphasis on the hammy's.

Please let us know what you think, im pulling today so i may give it a shot also.