PDA

View Full Version : Meal (Before Bed)

ruiner_zer0
09-29-11, 7:40 pm
Recently I read some articles and seen some videos that if we consume carbohydrate (Complex or simple, doesn't matter) before bed it messes with Growth hormones during sleep. However, when I don't eat any complex carb before bed when I wake up I feel so flat and hungry.

Another question is I used to eat cup of cottage cheese mixed with flaxseed oil or Greek Yogurt before bed but now I have two extra lean hamburger (No buns) with salad. Is it a good idea to consume red meat before bed or Greek yogurt or cottage cheese are better options.

FYI, I hate to drink shake (Casein or Whey) before bed, I rather have a food instead, Please help me out.

BarbellManiac
09-29-11, 7:52 pm
It's the insulin spike that interferes with the GH release (for some time). But you should be perfectly fine with complex carbs and slow digesting protein like Casein which can be found in stuff like greek yogurt, red meat is good as well.

Carrnage
09-29-11, 8:55 pm
It's the insulin spike that interferes with the GH release (for some time). But you should be perfectly fine with complex carbs and slow digesting protein like Casein which can be found in stuff like greek yogurt, red meat is good as well.

Yeah Buddy! Nailed it!

Joe J
09-30-11, 5:27 am

That's the one man, don't listen to some of the bullshit I see like 'you shouldn't eat carbs past 6' or any of that crap.

h 3 L L b 0 y
10-03-11, 4:00 pm
That's the one man, don't listen to some of the bullshit I see like 'you shouldn't eat carbs past 6' or any of that crap.

x2. If it fits your macros, eat up.

T o m m Y
10-03-11, 4:02 pm
cottege cheese,oreos,and milk FTW.

Aggression
10-03-11, 4:06 pm
cottege cheese,oreos,and milk FTW.

Now we're talking!!

My bedtime shake usually consists of ..

2s Ultra Whey Pro (Double Chocolate Chip)
6oz milk
6oz water
2 spoonfuls of chocolate ice cream
1 banana

T o m m Y
10-03-11, 4:17 pm
Now we're talking!!

My bedtime shake usually consists of ..

2s Ultra Whey Pro (Double Chocolate Chip)
6oz milk
6oz water
2 spoonfuls of chocolate ice cream
1 banana

hahah...BOOOOM! get HugE!

auburn_1984
10-03-11, 8:56 pm
When I am cutting I usually take in some kind of lean protein source (tilapia, eggwhites, etc). When i am bulking i usuall eat 1 or 2 things.
First choice is shake.
1 serv cotage cheese
2tbsp natty peanut butter
13-14 pieces of ice
1 cup of milk
1 tbsp choclate or bananna jello pudding mix

Blend all together until it is a smothie consistency. If it is to watery ad ice if it is to thick add milk to desire consistency.

Second choice is basically 1 serv cottage cheese and 1 serving greek yogurt mixed together chased with a glass of milk.