PDA

View Full Version : ROUNDTABLE: Why do u train?

The House
10-02-11, 9:50 am
I train to release anger and feel pain.
-If u can't feel pain then you are dead.
- I am mean if I don't train so I release my anger by training heavy.

Joe J
10-02-11, 10:22 am
I train because I find solitude in the gym. In life you aren't given opportunities to release your anger, and see red and do it until the death, but in the gym is not only that you can do this, but you are even praised for how hard you can do it.

Joe J
10-02-11, 10:30 am
I train because it is the only thing in life where I can see a direct result of my hard work, that has nothing to do with any external force other than my own ability to work hard. 'If you work hard at it, you can accomplish anything that is within your own hands to do' - Kai Greene.

I train because I enjoy the pain, the sweat, the pumps. It takes a special kind of person to beat themselves in such a way every day, yet still maintain the mindstate that they will overcome the gruelling training and dieting to unveil something beautiful come competition.

I could write for hours on this subject, but ironically it's time to go to the gym. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the responses on this thread.

R-Man
10-02-11, 12:06 pm
I love the challenge of it.

The House
10-02-11, 12:10 pm
I train because I find solitude in the gym. In life you aren't given opportunities to release your anger, and see red and do it until the death, but in the gym is not only that you can do this, but you are even praised for how hard you can do it.

True . It's like in the world of people not wanting aggressive people we are ok and praised to be that way in the gym

The House
10-02-11, 12:11 pm
I train because it is the only thing in life where I can see a direct result of my hard work, that has nothing to do with any external force other than my own ability to work hard. 'If you work hard at it, you can accomplish anything that is within your own hands to do' - Kai Greene.

I train because I enjoy the pain, the sweat, the pumps. It takes a special kind of person to beat themselves in such a way every day, yet still maintain the mindstate that they will overcome the gruelling training and dieting to unveil something beautiful come competition.

I could write for hours on this subject, but ironically it's time to go to the gym. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the responses on this thread.
Go get your pain on your blood sweat and hard work

The House
10-02-11, 12:12 pm
I love the challenge of it.

Yes the challenge of make yourself better. The challenge of making yourself different are great reasons

Cranky
10-02-11, 12:23 pm
Not just cause it feels good and to see results, but to make money. Being able to lift all the shit noone else can lift where I work sets me apart from everyone else there. When the pay raises come around, I come out ahead of everyone else.

Biggie973
10-02-11, 12:29 pm
I love the my body changes from the hard work that I put in my training. The hard work that I put in made me lose 100 lbs. I'm excited & I still dropping. I wanna compete in a show sometime next year so I'm putting more work to achieve that goal.

The House
10-02-11, 1:12 pm
Not just cause it feels good and to see results, but to make money. Being able to lift all the shit noone else can lift where I work sets me apart from everyone else there. When the pay raises come around, I come out ahead of everyone else.

That's right only the strong survive

The House
10-02-11, 1:13 pm
I love the my body changes from the hard work that I put in my training. The hard work that I put in made me lose 100 lbs. I'm excited & I still dropping. I wanna compete in a show sometime next year so I'm putting more work to achieve that goal.

Good work keep it rolling . Yes the hard work will pay off

kc campbell
10-02-11, 1:19 pm
Why I train:
I train because I want to be the best I can be physically and mentally.
I train because I enjoy seeing my body change.
I train because I have horrible anger management and need a place to release my rage.

I feel a lot better pulling a PR on deads or setting a new squat max instead of smashing Joe shmos teeth in the back of his head.

Lifting_Is_Life
10-02-11, 1:24 pm
Simple, I train so I don't kill someone. This world is full of people who are ridiculously insensitive and self centered. The gym is where I belong, it's where I can find people with real principles and dedication, it's where I belong.

The House
10-02-11, 1:30 pm
Why I train:
I train because I want to be the best I can be physically and mentally.
I train because I enjoy seeing my body change.
I train because I have horrible anger management and need a place to release my rage.

I feel a lot better pulling a PR on deads or setting a new squat max instead of smashing Joe shmos teeth in the back of his head.
training is like a happy pill To me

The House
10-02-11, 1:33 pm
Simple, I train so I don't kill someone. This world is full of people who are ridiculously insensitive and self centered. The gym is where I belong, it's where I can find people with real principles and dedication, it's where I belong.

So true people that are into training are dedicated and it's kinda like being with your own kind

kc campbell
10-02-11, 2:04 pm

I wish I had a gym like yours then. Half the people in my gym help get me pissed off to train. Curling in the squat rack, squatting with the safety bar set at chest height, working the same body part every day, but the worst part is, they always use ridiculous weigh so when people ask them their one rep maxes they throw out those numbers to sound tough. I wish I had a place where I could train alone cause sometimes its discouraging.

B.S.
10-02-11, 2:39 pm
i train to keep myself out of trouble
i train to build up myself
i train because i dont wanna be average
i train because i love the pain i love puking on leg days
i love eating to grow
i love timing supps
i just love this shit
i love 5AM meals

Lifting_Is_Life
10-02-11, 3:01 pm
I wish I had a gym like yours then. Half the people in my gym help get me pissed off to train. Curling in the squat rack, squatting with the safety bar set at chest height, working the same body part every day, but the worst part is, they always use ridiculous weigh so when people ask them their one rep maxes they throw out those numbers to sound tough. I wish I had a place where I could train alone cause sometimes its discouraging.

I've been there man, it really is discouraging at times. My friend has a gym with everything I need in his basement and we have people train all the time so we can shoot the shit, train as hard as we can without those "rules of no loud noises"...? lol and play whatever music were feeling. Definitely one of the biggest factors in my gains over the last few months

violator
10-02-11, 3:45 pm
I train to test myself... my boundaries, my limits
pain, power, endurance
recover....& do it all over again

ktodaz
10-02-11, 4:19 pm
At first it was to lose weight, soon after that because I feel amazing when I'm in the gym. Now it's to create a good physique. To be proud of and to show on a bodybuilding stage. Must mostly because I love improving and challenging myself.

Solid Dreams
10-02-11, 5:19 pm
I have a variety of reasons.

1) I'm incredibly competitive. I love competing with people over everything, and getting to do heavier weights means I'm that much closer to winning.
2) I'm a huge comic book nerd, and I love the old superman stories. I'd love to develop a physique like that (I know its not possible because he has muscles where muscles dont exist, but leave me my dreams!)
3) I'm fairly aggressive, and it keeps me from smashing a lot of ridiculous people these days. I take their images and place it in the forefront of whatever I'm going to do and then go to town on it.
4) I've got heart issues in my family history, and I want to make myself healthy so I dont end up leaving too soon.

Lifting_Is_Life
10-02-11, 5:52 pm
I have a variety of reasons.

4) I've got heart issues in my family history, and I want to make myself healthy so I dont end up leaving too soon.

This is one of the best drivers to me in the gym! I have a history of a few health related problems in my family, always happy to hear someone bettering themselves and preparing for the future. Keep going strong man

TigerAce01
10-02-11, 6:26 pm
I train for a few reasons.

1) I love it.
2) If I don't have a goal, my life becomes meaningless, and I just float along. No matter what's going on in my life, I can have a goal in lifting stretching from wanting to get another rep in my deadlift all the way to the desire to lift in a championship level meet.
3) Aesthetic reasons.
4) It makes my joints less stiff and I don't feel my injuries as much.

-Ace

solomon_caine
10-03-11, 7:41 am
I train not because I want to impress my girl or any other woman.

I train not because there's people bigger than me. I've already resigned myself to the fact that there's people bigger than me. I just have to train harder.

I train not for the adulation

I train not because someone told me to.

I train because I know I can be a better person through training...and the Elders in the Forum gave me the light to push forward with this journey.

I train for redemption...I've been laid out for a long time and that's a negative on my end. It's a sin so I need to be cleansed and redeemed of it.

I train not because I can win and especially not because I have what it takes to come out on top. Primarily, I train because this body won't be mine forever. I'll eventually "pass on" and the only thing I wanna tell God what I did with my life and my body is, "I put it to good use."

I train because there are people out there unlucky enough to experience the intensity and the tenacity there is in training your fullest. I just happened to be blessed with supportive people in my family who understand what I do. Most would waste their time training in a high-class gym without even pushing themselves to the brink. Everyday of my entire fucking life I make do with a light-ass cement barbell, run the banks of a river that reeks of dead fish and people because of past floods and this chance I had taken is so rare I literally wept tears of joy to actually train in a gym.

I train because it's my way of life. I train...because I'm an Animal.

naturalguy
10-03-11, 8:50 am
I train to be the best I can be and I don't want to live with any regrets that I didn't try.

I think one of the worst things that can happen in life is when you are older and it's too late to do something, you look back and say "I should have done this or that".

TruePower
10-03-11, 1:40 pm
I train for pussy.
I train to recieve praise for hard work and dedication.
I train to prove to kid's with "beach muscles" it's not as easy as you thought.

Blake
10-03-11, 1:47 pm
I train to provide myself with the best I can possibly be.
I train to show others around me that excuses are worthless.
I train in hopes that someday I can step on the stage and compete.
I train because I would rather be the slum of excellence than excellence of slum.

PORTERHOUSE
10-03-11, 1:55 pm
not really sure. because I like it I suppose... pretty simple

Bruiser
10-03-11, 2:01 pm
I train so I can be as big and strong as the superhero that my kids think I am.

N. Motta
10-03-11, 2:05 pm
Because being slow and weak, is no way to go through life.

tatersalad
10-03-11, 3:11 pm
It is the one thing I do just for me. I train by myself, there is no one the share the success, the failure, the pain or the pride. Even though all those things are temporary, while they exist they are mine.

shrek
10-03-11, 4:53 pm
I train so I can be an example.I am showing my kids what hard work can do.

I train to remember who I am. After years of chemical dependency I lost myself.

zubda345
10-04-11, 12:16 am
Many reasons but the top of em:

I train because I want to. I train because This is my dream. I do this because I want to do this. I do this because I am a man who loves physical hard work (and I love physical Hardwork because of Bodybuilding). I train because I want to be the best I can be, I want to be a Champion!

TinyHulk
10-04-11, 12:44 pm
I train for me. The gym is a place of soltiude nobody telling you what to do or when or even how to do something. I am my own maker in the gym. It gives me a peace of mind and its a place to let out all the rage and pent up emotions. Training is a way of life.

C.Coronato
10-04-11, 5:03 pm

I dont ever see you being mean lol.

Why do i train? Because I simply love it. It was my outlet growing up and through college. I took out any and all frustrations and kept me out of trouble. I cant imagine life with out it.

Big Wides
10-04-11, 9:07 pm
I do it for the love of training and the challenge of competeting.

Shahabidabi
10-06-11, 2:53 am
I train to be in the ideal shape that I have decided for myself, not some magazine, not some TV show and definitely not anyone else. If I am happy with myself then the rest of the world can go to hell if they have a problem with it.

pushin weight
10-07-11, 12:23 pm
I train for the pump
I train to keep from becoming the walking dead bloated mass bag of shit
I train to channel the wrath of the beast
I train therefore i am

adidas
10-07-11, 12:56 pm
I train because I couldn't live with myself if I was a fat tub of lard piece of shit coach potato...and I may be a touch vain.

Mr. Dead
10-07-11, 1:29 pm
I train, for several reasons:
1) General health and well being
2) "Me" time
3) I'm competitive, by nature
4) I love the feeling of the pump
5) The Mrs. enjoys the results
6) Release of tension and frustration

Oz_78
10-09-11, 5:43 am
To know I'm getting the best out of my self and my life!

See video below:

http://youtu.be/aowB5wNPvWQ

jeff00z28
10-10-11, 8:02 pm
wanted to be jacked since i was a little kid for no particular reason. probably due to superheros

quinto
10-11-11, 3:14 pm
I train because if I don't, who else will make me?
I train because its the only time I feel myself actually being pushed by my greatest enemy.
I train because I enjoy the burn it brings in the following days knowing I did something productive.
I train because in my eyes, most of my family and friends are all fat lazy slobs.
I train because something as simple as bulking and cutting takes dedication.
I train because I refuse to become unprepared for anything life swing my way.
I train because i secretly LOVE the fact that increasing the weight is ruining my hands.
I train because I know that at the end of the night, I'll be able to carry my drunk girlfriend home.

IronWilson
10-11-11, 10:52 pm
I train because its the only time in my life that is truly mine. Its a time when no one can control me, or tell me I have some kind of responsibility to them. I try so hard in my life to please everyone but it just can't be done. Most of the time my life is not truly my own, thats just the way it ended up I guess.

So there is nothing more therapeutic to me than throwing on some metal on my headphones and getting in touch with my primal instincts. No one can call me and tell me that they want me to do this or that for them, or ask me a "very important" question, or tell me the many ways I'm worthless.

When I step into the gym, it's not anger that comes out, but a sigh of relief.

GUNS
10-12-11, 4:28 am
It started out as just a means to get the skinny off my body. But it turned in to a love affair. I liked how my body changed. I liked the fact that if I could toss some heavy shit around, I might not have to punch the dumb fuck that aggrivated me that day. I liked the way everyone turned and staired. I like the fact that after 23 years of this, I still getting better at it. I like helping others with this lifestyle. And Eric, I would be the same, always grumpy and mean to everyone if I couldn't do it.

ghost
10-12-11, 8:33 am
i train because they dont let me shoot stupid people.

RENFRO
10-12-11, 10:54 am
I train so I cast a large shadow over the people I love.

Knowing that in any possible fleeting moment of panic or fear I am the one they want by their side. In a world full of predators, rapists, and thieves...I am THE demotivator.

shortstack
10-12-11, 11:48 am
I train for the Challenges.
I train for the health benifits.
It may sound corney but mostly I train to be strong for the people I love. Living a "clean" lifestyle should hopefully keep me healthy and able to help out the people that need me for as long as I am around. It keeps me sharp physically and mentally and able to take on whatever comes.

Jeremy

Enforcer
10-12-11, 12:05 pm
I train to push myself to the outter limits of exhaustion and back. Not many people can do what I do on a day in and day out basis. Im not in it to get the girls or to walk around the beach, I do it because its simply something I love to do.

Big Joe
10-12-11, 2:25 pm
Besides all the physical benefits of training, I really cherish the hour each morning I get to completely shut out this fuckin crazy world, put on my favorite heavy metal on full blast and not think about anything else besides getting that next rep.

GUNS
10-12-11, 2:30 pm
Besides all the physical benefits of training, I really cherish the hour each morning I get to completely shut out this fuckin crazy world, put on my favorite heavy metal on full blast and not think about anything else besides getting that next rep.

Big bonus right there.

IRN-NML
10-13-11, 11:09 am
The working sets; sometimes the rep-they only last a few seconds; rarely measured in minutes.
The anticipation of a rep/set you know is going to be a real challenge.
The positioning on the bench, getting your whole body ready to beat gravity's game.
The exacting hand spacing, tight grip of the bar that you have to have.
The unracking of the weight - you're on; it's do or die.
The arm wrestling like fight for rep lockout or near end/ end set.
They physical whole body feeling of holding a lockeout dead, bench or coming up from a deep squat.
The solitary of times when you are alone in the weight pile and the rest of the world IS gone.
The plates are old; the bars probably never looked new; from gyms, Y's 40, 50, 60 years ago maybe.
Dark walls, dark iron, dark thoughts. You pump for the past, you pump for the present, you pump for the future.

Grue
10-14-11, 8:35 am
I train because its the only time in my life that is truly mine. Its a time when no one can control me, or tell me I have some kind of responsibility to them. I try so hard in my life to please everyone but it just can't be done. Most of the time my life is not truly my own, thats just the way it ended up I guess.

So there is nothing more therapeutic to me than throwing on some metal on my headphones and getting in touch with my primal instincts. No one can call me and tell me that they want me to do this or that for them, or ask me a "very important" question, or tell me the many ways I'm worthless.

When I step into the gym, it's not anger that comes out, but a sigh of relief.

^ this.

Machine
10-16-11, 1:28 pm
...and after the Frog safely delivered the Scorpion to the other side of the river, the Frog was astonished to realize that the Scorpion had stung him. The Frog asked, "I have only helped you...why have you killed me?"

The Scorpion replied simply, "You knew I was a Scorpion...that is what we do."

...I train because I am a Scorpion.

MACHINE

BarbellManiac
10-16-11, 1:31 pm
...and after the Frog safely delivered the Scorpion to the other side of the river, the Frog was astonished to realize that the Scorpion had stung him. The Frog asked, "I have only helped you...why have you killed me?"

MACHINE

Damn! Love Machine's way with words. Using very simple stories to define a very heavy message.

Shahabidabi
10-16-11, 3:39 pm

MACHINE

That has to be one of my most favorite life lessons, we all do as we are made to do, what is in our nature. I tell that story to people all the time.

fawaz
10-16-11, 4:56 pm
there are many reasons why i train and so extremely hard.i like to challenge myself and push myself beyond anything i have ever done before to achieve the things that inspire me and make me feel great.the post training high afterwards.
dealing with solitude and anger i find hardcore training in the gym has helped me over the years overcome depression and persue a goal wich is worth it with a warriors mentality thats priceless man.
then people ask why do you want to do this to yourself my answer is i look around in society today i see people glorifying going out with so called friends and getting wasted and how everyone wants to be pretty and walk around with a bucn of friends well you know what i like to be diffrent i like to go train back on a friday night when everyone else my age is going to clubs and parties,i like to go train legs on a sunday morning when everyone else is sleeping it makes me feel like a champion willing to succed and do whatever it takes as i know how very few could ever walk in my shoes.
this is my life what i stand for hardcore bodybuilding has tought me about goal setting perseverance,dedication,discipline,true strength not from winning but from going through hardship and deciding never to surrended.
i plan to compete and become a champion on the competetive stage of bodybuilding,putting myself through harsh dieting and brutal training i have always looked forward to doing and not some chore .i believe i was born with a mentality of iron will to succed.
this life can throw alot at you but the adversitys of this world serve to make me stronger.in the gym,at school,at home wherever you know that you create your own reality and live life on your own terms doing what i love to do what i was born to do what matters is that i believe in something and i am willing to pour my heart and soul in every training session for the sport i am proud to be a part of and i know that i am acountable for what i will and will not achieve and that no one and nothing can hurt me other than myself.
this is why i train.

fawaz
10-16-11, 5:03 pm
The working sets; sometimes the rep-they only last a few seconds; rarely measured in minutes.
The anticipation of a rep/set you know is going to be a real challenge.
The positioning on the bench, getting your whole body ready to beat gravity's game.
The exacting hand spacing, tight grip of the bar that you have to have.
The unracking of the weight - you're on; it's do or die.
The arm wrestling like fight for rep lockout or near end/ end set.
They physical whole body feeling of holding a lockeout dead, bench or coming up from a deep squat.
The solitary of times when you are alone in the weight pile and the rest of the world IS gone.
The plates are old; the bars probably never looked new; from gyms, Y's 40, 50, 60 years ago maybe.
Dark walls, dark iron, dark thoughts. You pump for the past, you pump for the present, you pump for the future.

i love this

Alkatraz
10-18-11, 5:28 pm
Its my Asylum

Charlie Mike
10-21-11, 1:39 pm
To get effin' huge and to prove others wrong...others that think I can't get effin' huge.

_Bob_
10-22-11, 12:42 pm
Why I train.
I train to push my own limits. To do what even I did not think I could do.
I train to bite off more than I can chew, and then swallow the fucker whole.
I train to see my wife eye my arms and chest, and then run her hands over them while making love.
I train to feel the sting of sweat in my eye, then blink hard and keep pushing.
I train to walk tall with a "don't fuck with me look" even a gun can't give you.
I train to leave my boot mark on this world.
I train to inspire some 65 pound teenager with the same comb over as his girlfriend to want to be a man.
I train to feel the pain, and to release it.

Nix0r
10-22-11, 1:23 pm
Originally: to not be a fat sack of shit.

Now: to become a monster.

BOOGIE
10-22-11, 1:59 pm
Personally I train to have an escape from the world cuz it can beat u down sometimes! I love to pop in those headphones and get that work in ! But I also train for the different aspects of the game , the mental, physical and emotional aspects. I was a pro mma fighter for 7 years and people would always ask when prepping for a fight if I was excited for the fight and my response most of the time was no because the fight was only a few mins, 15 at the most and I personally love the challenge of the training so I knew after the fight things would come to an end for a while . I am no longer a pro mma fighter as I have a family now and own a business so I turned to my other passion which was lifting for my release and I now find myself engulfed with it , I am the 110 % kind of guy, if I do somethin it is full force and I now plan to do a show sometime next year here in Utah just to challenge myself even farther I love the mental challenge of dieting and lifting and pushing your body past any normal persons limits and this is why train !!!

Sorry for the rant as this is only a small portion of my thoughts but enough for now!

The House
10-23-11, 7:34 pm
i train to keep myself out of trouble
i train to build up myself
i train because i dont wanna be average
i train because i love the pain i love puking on leg days
i love eating to grow
i love timing supps
i just love this shit
i love 5AM meals

i agree i train to grow

The House
10-23-11, 7:36 pm
I train for a few reasons.

1) I love it.
2) If I don't have a goal, my life becomes meaningless, and I just float along. No matter what's going on in my life, I can have a goal in lifting stretching from wanting to get another rep in my deadlift all the way to the desire to lift in a championship level meet.
3) Aesthetic reasons.
4) It makes my joints less stiff and I don't feel my injuries as much.

-Ace

true with no goals no meaning in life

The House
10-23-11, 7:37 pm
I train to be the best I can be and I don't want to live with any regrets that I didn't try.

I think one of the worst things that can happen in life is when you are older and it's too late to do something, you look back and say "I should have done this or that".

train to live with no regrets

The House
10-23-11, 7:37 pm
Because being slow and weak, is no way to go through life.

yes slow and weak and fast to give up without training

The House
10-23-11, 7:38 pm
Many reasons but the top of em:

I train because I want to. I train because This is my dream. I do this because I want to do this. I do this because I am a man who loves physical hard work (and I love physical Hardwork because of Bodybuilding). I train because I want to be the best I can be, I want to be a Champion!

yes wanting to train is a great reason to train

The House
10-23-11, 7:39 pm
I do it for the love of training and the challenge of competeting.

i always enjoy a healthy comp

The House
10-23-11, 7:40 pm
To know I'm getting the best out of my self and my life!

See video below:

http://youtu.be/aowB5wNPvWQ

to stay on top of your game in every aspect of life

The House
10-23-11, 7:41 pm
wanted to be jacked since i was a little kid for no particular reason. probably due to superheros

yes me to i always wanted to be jacked because of super heros

The House
10-23-11, 7:42 pm
i train because they dont let me shoot stupid people.

yes to release anger and rage

The House
10-23-11, 7:46 pm

MACHINE

nice story nice guy finishes last again. in my version of that story as soon as the scorpion turns to walk away he gets smashed by a huge ass shit kicking boot. moral of the story what goes around comes around and if you are not on the top of the food chain you will die so dont settle for nothing less than the top.

wedge
10-24-11, 3:12 pm
I train because it's my therapy and outlet. I train because I value my health.
I also train because the gym is one of the few areas remaining where everyone has to earn it. You want to be big? Put in the work. Doesn't matter who your daddy or your boys are, who you know or how many 0's you have in your bank account. You want to be muscular? You have to put the work in. No shortcuts. I like that.

Machine
10-25-11, 7:50 pm
nice story nice guy finishes last again. in my version of that story as soon as the scorpion turns to walk away he gets smashed by a huge ass shit kicking boot. moral of the story what goes around comes around and if you are not on the top of the food chain you will die so dont settle for nothing less than the top.

Nicely put young man...I would say your a fearsome predator in your own right. Keep doing your thing man.

MACHINE

Machine
10-25-11, 7:51 pm

Fucking Awesome!!!

benzbilly
10-26-11, 1:29 pm

Amen Brother. That describes me to a "T". i also need to go to the gym to vent anger and frustration from work or just about any other facet of the day to day. Someone else also said they find solace in the gym. I agree with that too. During sets I feel like a fucking maniac but between sets I feel kinda centered.

The House
11-06-11, 9:20 pm
I train because it's my therapy and outlet. I train because I value my health.
I also train because the gym is one of the few areas remaining where everyone has to earn it. You want to be big? Put in the work. Doesn't matter who your daddy or your boys are, who you know or how many 0's you have in your bank account. You want to be muscular? You have to put the work in. No shortcuts. I like that.

yes i use it as a outlet also

The House
11-06-11, 9:22 pm
Nicely put young man...I would say your a fearsome predator in your own right. Keep doing your thing man.

MACHINE

thanks bro all i can do is that. thats all i know my thing

The House
11-06-11, 9:22 pm
Fucking Awesome!!!

nice awesome....

The House
11-06-11, 9:24 pm
Amen Brother. That describes me to a "T". i also need to go to the gym to vent anger and frustration from work or just about any other facet of the day to day. Someone else also said they find solace in the gym. I agree with that too. During sets I feel like a fucking maniac but between sets I feel kinda centered.

i am relaxed after my sets but yes during the tension and intensity is off the charts

benzbilly
11-07-11, 12:23 pm
i am relaxed after my sets but yes during the tension and intensity is off the charts

Right on man. I've got a question for you House. Did you always know you were going to compete or did it just evolve into doing this for a living? I've absolutely loved lifting since early high school, for football, but have never really had any desire to step on stage. I've even dieted a little bit just to do it and get a little bit of the experience. It's not that I can't, It's just not something that crosses my mind...ever. I've wanted to ask this question for a while and figured this was my best chance

The House
11-13-11, 5:55 pm
Right on man. I've got a question for you House. Did you always know you were going to compete or did it just evolve into doing this for a living? I've absolutely loved lifting since early high school, for football, but have never really had any desire to step on stage. I've even dieted a little bit just to do it and get a little bit of the experience. It's not that I can't, It's just not something that crosses my mind...ever. I've wanted to ask this question for a while and figured this was my best chance

It kinda just happened I had. Nothing better to do so I decided to do a show and I did pretty good it grew on me

The House
11-13-11, 5:56 pm
I now train because I am lost if I don't train and it calls me like a old habit

benzbilly
11-14-11, 11:58 am
I now train because I am lost if I don't train and it calls me like a old habit

Right on. I'm getting back to my habit too, thank god.

Lightnin'
11-16-11, 5:12 pm

Where do you work? What's your job?

Preston
11-16-11, 6:41 pm
I find solice in the weight room; the only place where I can take all responsibility, all bills, all irritations and all care and leave it at the door.

Tiny1102
11-17-11, 12:38 am

I train to be the BEST EVER!!!!

Tiny1102
11-17-11, 12:38 am
And when I am done. I want to train someone else to beat me.

Lightnin'
11-17-11, 2:08 pm
I train to better myself
discipline myself
to be a better athlete
look better
feel better
sweat
mold my body into something new
because 99% of our population doesn't train, and when it comes to most things in life 99% of our population is wrong

The House
11-20-11, 8:57 pm
Right on. I'm getting back to my habit too, thank god.

Yes it comes back fast once u start up again

The House
11-20-11, 8:59 pm
Where do you work? What's your job?

Yes rage during sets

The House
11-20-11, 9:00 pm
I find solice in the weight room; the only place where I can take all responsibility, all bills, all irritations and all care and leave it at the door.

I agree I leave everything at the door it's like my outlet

The House
11-20-11, 9:00 pm
I train to be the BEST EVER!!!!

I train to be my best ever

The House
11-20-11, 9:01 pm
And when I am done. I want to train someone else to beat me.

Yes competition is fun

The House
11-20-11, 9:02 pm
I train to better myself
discipline myself
to be a better athlete
look better
feel better
sweat
mold my body into something new
because 99% of our population doesn't train, and when it comes to most things in life 99% of our population is wrong

Haha 99% wrong

spanish.iron
11-21-11, 11:30 pm
I just love moving the weight. Being huge doesn't mean as much to me as just getting in there and lifting some stuff. Seems a little odd I guess, considering a lot of us are trying to be as huge as we can possibly be by the means that we choose, but just getting in there and pushing myself to the limit and trying to push a little further gives me so much pleasure. I will absolutely baby injuries until they get better because I'd rather just be able to lift unhindered than try to keep plugging away trying to get huge when things aren't right.

Wycked
11-22-11, 12:31 am

I feel u on those reasons bro. If I didn't train I'd probably be in jail or have gone the complete opposite direction and be the worlds biggest party animal. As I get older though I find that training is the only time of the day I actually enjoy. I enjoy having control over the outcome of my effort. I enjoy the discipline it takes to get my ass to the gym everyday. I enjoy taking care of my body and living with a purpose

Training is something I would be doing regardless if I had attained my pro card so fast or not. I've also be heavily considering taking up some MMA training and more specifically becoming a great striker and wrestler. I want a new challenge and a new outlet of the anger I have inside me.

Spastic_Koala
11-22-11, 10:03 am
Interestingly, being fit and muscular has helped my career. I work in a fairly conservative corporate environment. With 99% of my coworkers being overweight, being athletic and well groomed has resulted in people behaving differently around me. I'm not huge by any means (more of a fitness model physique than a bodybuilder one - not that I'm qualified to be a fitness model), but having muscle definition show through a well fitting suit and dress shirt apparently has garnered me greater respect, has made the company more interested in putting me in front of our customers to represent them, and has allowed me to be viewed as more of upper management/executive material.

Dave TapouT
11-24-11, 7:05 pm
There are many reasons that I train...

- I train because my girlfriend did me wrong after many years.
- I train because I was bullied in highschool A LOT.
- I train because I used to have an escape in drugs, mainly opiates. Not anymore (8 years use, 3 years clean). Thats weak. Training is SOLID.
- I train because I like how being a guy I have to say "eyes up here bud" to everyone I talk to that stares at my biceps.
- I TRAIN FOR RESPECT AND HONOR!!!
- I train for safty, Who wants to f*ck with an animal?
- I train because I have to match my body with my spirit. I have a warrior spirit... Why not have the body of a warrior?
- I train because I have wasted a lot of time in my life by being intimidated by many people, I've been scared of society, I used to run and hide. Now, I stand tall amungst many.
- I train because I have anger problems... Court ordered anger management did nothing for me... Training cures all.
- I TRAIN BECAUSE IT FEELS GOOD!
- I train because if you dont stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
- I train because Its not an option not to.
- I train because the world is evil, People are annoying, and will gather around you to silence you, as you, brothers, I stand tall.. let the masses gather around me.... you cannot silence an Animal!!!!
- I train because I can admit, I am self consious, and I get intimidated by bigger guys. The bigger I become, The less I have to fear.
- I train because I owe it to myself to push myself PAST my limits..
- I train to prove people wrong about me.
- I train because I was lost as a teen. I am no longer lost. I've found my place, and this place is mine, and only mine... no one can take it away from me.
- My personal most important reason to train..... To look forward to a brighter future, and to be a role model to those that are lost as I once was.

Universal Rep
12-08-11, 10:49 am
To relieve stress.... Haha.

Mr. Dead
12-08-11, 2:05 pm
To relieve stress, from PM's sent by MD.... Haha.

Whut...???

BCent
12-08-11, 2:27 pm
Honestly-

I train because it makes me feel at peace. Pretty much the only time when I feel calm, has been that way since as long as i can remember. Through all the other shit, every other change in my life, the iron is always constant. I cant remember the exact quote but i remember reading once something about how friends come and go but 200 lbs is always 200 lbs.....

Lickdem89
12-10-11, 1:43 am
Because the gym has no remorse, has no feelings. Shes the Ice Queen we all love and hate.
I workout to relieve the stress
To make myself better
To be the best and baddest mother fucker
Its my serenity
My kryptonite

Come_fly_with_me
01-09-12, 4:25 pm
I train for me and me only .

Carrnage
01-31-12, 1:47 am
To fight off my insecurities and to protect my love ones.

RedKing
02-04-12, 8:14 pm
I train because I remember what and who I was before I started training. I refuse to go back to being the same kid I was before.

Tauscheck
02-15-12, 10:13 pm
I lift cause i like to and my only competition is myself....I find lifting calming and relaxing but i dont lift to release anger. Its the adrenaline that keeps me in the game. That moment of improvement and knowing that your becoming and better YOU. Its pain i choose to do and my hobby ouside of work. what you do is who you become and what i do is how i decribe my self, lifting has reflected into my normal life learning The dedication, the determination, the desire, the work ethic, the great successes and the great failures, and that sumthing ill take into life anyday