PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Animal's DO IT BIG AT ABC! REDEMPTION SQUATS 750 FOR A DOUBLE RAW!

Seath308
10-02-11, 11:36 pm
I have been looking forward to this ABC really bad. When I was at the Mr.O in the Cage I was going to take 770 for a Single but I failed getting to depth so I took it for another rep and again I didn't take the squat low enough. I was very upset with myself. So I have been wanting some redemption and I knew that this was the Place to do it! I warmed up to 655 Buried the first rep easy then on the second rep I paused it at the bottom for 2-3 seconds the smoked it the crowd loved it!. I have Never paused squatted that before but damn I was feeling good! I went straight to 750 Again I had to walk out this weight no Mono-lift. I got set and I smoked showed 2 reps to a depth that I am VERY Happy with! We helped raise alot of food and money for the Thurston County Food Bank!

Here is a Video that has all the lifts from the ABC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qBLydARscM&feature=mh_lolz&list=FL4q_5I-HTC33kT1jYxxn3OA

Here is a list of the other Lifts we did at this event

Grant Higa Monster Pulling a Semi Truck and Deadlifting 405 for 25 Reps
Ben Seath308 Squats 750 for 2 reps RAW (Much Better depth than the Mr.O lol)
Justin Randal Bench Pressing 405 for 7 reps and then Hit 315 fpr 17 Reps
BIG Ben Rice Pulled 705 for a Double and then 605 for 8 Reps! At a Bodyweight of 200 POUNDS!!!!!
Zack McCarley Log Pressed 290 for 5 Reps! He Cleaned EACH REP Not just pres
Raised alot of Money for Thurston County Food Bank! This was not just a ABC This was a Show the crowd loved us!! Animal ABC HUGE SUCCESS!

HIGA MONSTER
10-03-11, 1:10 am
Thanks again for coming Seath308. I appreciate all the help from you and rest of the Seattle Animals.
Goldielocks even came by to drop off some food after driving an hour south to get to the ABC.
Cascade drove over 4 hours all the way up from Corvallis, Oregon to workout with us and donate food as well.

It wasn't about us doing lifting demos...it was about sharing our strength to encourage the gym members and the local community to donate some food or money to the Food Bank.

A kid that was there for the ABC came up to me after I deadlifted and "thanked" me for helping out because he eats at the Thurston County Food Bank all the time. He's trying to keep his head in school even though he's poor but is thankful for what the Food Bank has done for him.
No words to describe that moment...

Even my friend WABDL Powerlifting referee Phil Arroyo came by to drop off some bags of food and wrote out a FAT check for the Thurston County Food Bank.

The gym owner is going to give me an exact dollar amount of the cash that was collected in the can of Animal Pak after I deadlifted the first 10 reps. (I ended up with 25 reps total)
I wouldn't be surprised if it was close to $100 of cash in that can of Pak. There were a few $20 bills on the top.
The owner is going to personally handoff that can of Animal Pak to the Thurston County Food Bank and tell them the "Seattle Animal Barbell Club" raised this for them. How cool is that?

Good things happen when ANIMALS get together. I'm proud of my squad for coming through yesterday for one of the baddest ABC's we have had here in Washington.

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

Cascade
10-03-11, 1:19 am
It really was an incredible event guys. Without a doubt my favorite ABC so far. People thinking I was pro didn't hurt either...

Seath308
10-03-11, 3:26 am
http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/20422 OH HELL YEAH!

HIGA MONSTER
10-03-11, 10:56 am
It really was an incredible event guys. Without a doubt my favorite ABC so far. People thinking I was pro didn't hurt either...
Thats frickin funny bro!

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/20422 OH HELL YEAH!
Tight!

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

Aggression
10-03-11, 11:12 am
Awesome, all around. Big ABC, great cause, big lifts, and a link of PLW.com! Can't get any better than that!

LegendKillerJosh
10-03-11, 2:36 pm
Wow, talking about being built to deadlift - Ben Rice. With those long arms and wide stance and ability to sit back that looked easy.

Mr. Dead
10-03-11, 2:37 pm
Wow, talking about being built to deadlift - Ben Rice. With those long arms and wide stance and ability to sit back that looked easy.

It was hard to get a pic of him... Very explosive power...

Justin Randal
10-03-11, 2:55 pm
This was a really awesome event! It was great to lift along side dudes so strong, and for a good cause! This needs to be the norm for us in the Seattle area!! We should try to do something (at minimum) every couple months!! Can't wait to do it again soon!!

HIGA MONSTER
10-03-11, 3:16 pm
The gym owner just text me that there was $121 collected in the can of Animal Pak while I did the "DEADLIFT for dollars" at the end of the ABC!

HIGA MONSTER