PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte/Lake Norman NC

MRmichael.hooker
10-07-11, 9:20 pm
Alright bros, Beastin & I are having an ABC next Saturday (Oct 15) in Huntersville @ Noon. It's at Elite Fitness (pure bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman gym, AMAZING atmosphere-- www.Elitefitnessnc.com". Owner is excited about it, so we are good to go. Tons of places to grub around afterwards. Right now we have myself, Beastin, Funky, and a few local Animals at the gym already. Atleast 6-7 guys as of now. If there is the Triad Western ABC same weekend, sweet. We'll spread the word of Animal across the state. Just made since for us to have one closer to us too, since we have quite a few guys in this area of the state. Who's down to come destroy the gym with us and leave the Animal mark?

MRmichael.hooker
10-10-11, 6:02 pm
---Roll Call---

MRmichael Hooker

tatersalad
10-10-11, 6:39 pm
I'm in

Funky
10-10-11, 8:02 pm
Funky is there my brothers!

Solid Dreams
10-10-11, 9:40 pm
I'm good to go as far as I know. This is gonna rock!

MRmichael.hooker
10-10-11, 10:04 pm
awesome guys! should be a blast

Beastin'
10-10-11, 10:45 pm
I'm in , it's gonna be nasty! Me and my boy kev who destroyed the Columbus abc with me will also be in the house! Super pumped to have animal brotherhood present!

MRmichael.hooker
10-10-11, 10:48 pm
I'm in , it's gonna be nasty! Me and my boy kev who destroyed the Columbus abc with me will also be in the house! Super pumped to have animal brotherhood present!

is Kev on the forvm?

Beastin'
10-11-11, 8:45 am
is Kev on the forvm?

No he is not but I'm getting a alternate list to give to you

B Con
10-11-11, 9:15 am
You should really start your own Charlotte/Lake Norman chapter if you haven't already.

MRmichael.hooker
10-11-11, 7:07 pm
Whose ready to DESTROY the first ever Lake Norman ABC?? Gonna be a monsterous time!! What kind of food we looking at afterwards? Plenty of steak houses, bar food, healthy food, TONS of damn places to eat. There is a really good bbq place about 10 mins from the gym with actually real good healthy options too. Macspeedshop.com is pretty great food

Funky
10-11-11, 7:25 pm
Whose ready to DESTROY the first ever Lake Norman ABC?? Gonna be a monsterous time!! What kind of food we looking at afterwards? Plenty of steak houses, bar food, healthy food, TONS of damn places to eat. There is a really good bbq place about 10 mins from the gym with actually real good healthy options too. Macspeedshop.com is pretty great food

After heavy squats i love some good food!

Solid Dreams
10-11-11, 10:51 pm
Shit, steakhouse or BBQ is good for me.

GUNS
10-11-11, 11:43 pm
Good to see you guys putting this together. Wish I could make it!

jeremiah
10-12-11, 12:47 am
Not tryin to hi jack the thread but how much are dues @ Elite? If you don't wanna post it public send me a pm. Again, sorry to be off topic.

Renagade2287
10-12-11, 10:23 am
My training partner and I will be there with possibly to other.Also Im currently trying to get some Amateur/pro-card Strongmen to come and train, locals of Elite Fitness. Cant wait to bring the chains out and if anyone is interested in buying any equipment. (i.e. prowlers, farmers, yokes etc.) Joe weaver aka Area 51 on the forum makes amazing stuff. (Fabricator for Michael Waltrip racing. )

Funky
10-12-11, 10:27 am
My training partner and I will be there with possibly to other.Also Im currently trying to get some Amateur/pro-card Strongmen to come and train, locals of Elite Fitness. Cant wait to bring the chains out and if anyone is interested in buying any equipment. (i.e. prowlers, farmers, yokes etc.) Joe weaver aka Area 51 on the forum makes amazing stuff. (Fabricator for Michael Waltrip racing. )

You selling chains?? I need chains

MRmichael.hooker
10-12-11, 11:56 am
Not tryin to hi jack the thread but how much are dues @ Elite? If you don't wanna post it public send me a pm. Again, sorry to be off topic.

Not sure exactly. Depends on money up front i believe. If you go to www.elitefitnessnc.com they will tell you. Also, check out www.sportsandfitnessclubs.com. Not as hardcore, but cheaper and theres 7 gyms

You selling chains?? I need chains

Area 51 was renamed Beastin. And great to have you man! Do you compete in strongmen also? And Funky, Joe is your hook up bud! He can take care of you.As far as chains, not sure,but you can get them at home depot ya know.. He's on my facebook if you wanna hit him up about it

Funky
10-12-11, 12:01 pm
Not sure exactly. Depends on money up front i believe. If you go to www.elitefitnessnc.com they will tell you. Also, check out www.sportsandfitnessclubs.com. Not as hardcore, but cheaper and theres 7 gyms

Area 51 was renamed Beastin. And great to have you man! Do you compete in strongmen also? And Funky, Joe is your hook up bud! He can take care of you.As far as chains, not sure,but you can get them at home depot ya know.. He's on my facebook if you wanna hit him up about it

Home depot has tiny little 3/8 chains it takes 30 foot to equal 38 pounds where 5/8 you get 40 pounds in 10 feet...... I need real chains 5/8 or bigger! Tell Joe to hit me up!

MRmichael.hooker
10-12-11, 5:02 pm
Home depot has tiny little 3/8 chains

so? you're a little power lifter... bigger than Bruiser, but thats not a huge accomplishment

Funky
10-12-11, 5:09 pm
so? you're a little power lifter... bigger than Bruiser, but thats not a huge accomplishment

Dont make me clown you fool LOL

Beastin'
10-12-11, 7:37 pm
whats up guys, sorry for the delayed responce , fucking long hrs!!! no strong man for me.... my back wont handle it! im a bodybuilder. its gonna be some sick ass sessions going down! im blasting back...... gonna be a branch style..... 40 plus sets of hell!!!!!! i do not have a hook on chains, equipment on the other hand i can build any damn thing you can dream up!

MRmichael.hooker
10-13-11, 2:19 pm
whats up guys, sorry for the delayed responce , fucking long hrs!!! no strong man for me.... my back wont handle it! im a bodybuilder. its gonna be some sick ass sessions going down! im blasting back...... gonna be a branch style..... 40 plus sets of hell!!!!!! i do not have a hook on chains, equipment on the other hand i can build any damn thing you can dream up!

sweet because ill be doing the same for the wheels. Gonna be a fantastic ABC! Ima see if my wife will come video record us. But we'll prob want a few taking pics/vids since most of us will be hitting different bodyparts

MRmichael.hooker
10-14-11, 1:24 pm
TOMORROW BROTHERS!!!!!!!!! Lets crush it!!

Funky
10-14-11, 1:28 pm

Another 2 hours and I am headed that way Mikey!!

MRmichael.hooker
10-14-11, 1:52 pm
Another 2 hours and I am headed that way Mikey!!

Sweet! Hey did you get my text?

Beastin'
10-14-11, 10:09 pm

its going be nasty!!! hope all can show up, promise not to be a disapointment!!!

MRmichael.hooker
10-14-11, 10:18 pm
its going be nasty!!! hope all can show up, promise not to be a disapointment!!!

Monica coming? my wife is gonna shoot some videos and pics. with all the guys we have doing different things, at least 2 taking pics/vids would be good

Beastin'
10-15-11, 9:31 am
Monica coming? my wife is gonna shoot some videos and pics. with all the guys we have doing different things, at least 2 taking pics/vids would be good
she is not, she is actually moving today!!! thats my post workout back workout! lmao

MRmichael.hooker
10-15-11, 5:06 pm
Killer ABC today. Had 10 of us. Vids/Pics will be up later. Smashed weights and b.s'd for about 2.5 hours, then destroyed some food. And i mean, we DESTROYED food. Great time

Solid Dreams
10-15-11, 6:30 pm
Killer ABC today. Had 10 of us. Vids/Pics will be up later. Smashed weights and b.s'd for about 2.5 hours, then destroyed some food. And i mean, we DESTROYED food. Great time

Easily the most fun I've had in a long time, got to figure out how to do things and find out how bad I really was at squats. Everyone was really cool, gym was awesome just for being able to make noise.

MRmichael.hooker
10-16-11, 9:32 am
Easily the most fun I've had in a long time, got to figure out how to do things and find out how bad I really was at squats. Everyone was really cool, gym was awesome just for being able to make noise.

yup. Noise was needed for those leg press drop sets lol. Then you had fuckin Joe banging out the 200lb dumbbell.. fun times. And you finally got to try some brisket lol

Solid Dreams
10-16-11, 12:26 pm
yup. Noise was needed for those leg press drop sets lol. Then you had fuckin Joe banging out the 200lb dumbbell.. fun times. And you finally got to try some brisket lol

Hell yeah! Although I dont think I tried that as much as I devoured it.

Beastin'
10-16-11, 10:52 pm
My back still says we had one hell of a ABC!!!! I appreciate all whom showed!!!

Solid Dreams
10-16-11, 11:47 pm
My back still says we had one hell of a ABC!!!! I appreciate all whom showed!!!

It was awesome getting to talk to you, and when you were helping me out. I was trying to get both in, because legs and back are two of my weaker points I know.

Thanks for all the help and being there man!

Funky
10-17-11, 10:21 am
Was good meeting all you big fellas! Mikey wtf on the some pics yo????

Beastin'
10-17-11, 12:02 pm
It was awesome getting to talk to you, and when you were helping me out. I was trying to get both in, because legs and back are two of my weaker points I know.

Thanks for all the help and being there man!

anytime bro!!! had a blast, every step we take is a building block so a weakness is only temporary! keep at it bro!!

Mr. Dead
10-17-11, 12:08 pm

*Waiting for pics...*

Beastin'
10-17-11, 5:20 pm
*Waiting for pics...*

there coming!!

MRmichael.hooker
10-17-11, 8:24 pm
there coming!!

all but your 200lb db rows... tell my wife THANKS!! next time you see her lol

MRmichael.hooker
10-17-11, 10:23 pm
All the pics from the ABC:

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy294/MRmichaelhooker/ABC%20Oct%2015%202011/

Funky
10-18-11, 5:26 am
all but your 200lb db rows... tell my wife THANKS!! next time you see her lol

Never fear Funky's here!

Joe hitting the 200 DB Row on video! The crowd goes wild waaaaaaaaaa hooooooooooo yaaaaaay!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQzJvbhhMlE

GUNS
10-18-11, 6:17 am
That crew needs some Animal shirts. The gym looked amazing. Good work fella's!

Beastin'
10-20-11, 9:08 pm
Never fear Funky's here!

Joe hitting the 200 DB Row on video! The crowd goes wild waaaaaaaaaa hooooooooooo yaaaaaay!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQzJvbhhMlE

I tried. Lol.

Beastin'
10-22-11, 7:28 pm
Funky thanks for the vid bro!!!!!

MRmichael.hooker
10-25-11, 10:04 am
Hey guys, if we threw another ABC in Nov or Dec, who would be down? It would be back at Elite again. I think 4 of us are going to be training together anyways, so we could easily have another ABC.

MELTDOWN
10-26-11, 8:39 pm
Keep me posted...will try to work it out to attend depending on date and such....

MRmichael.hooker
10-26-11, 8:39 pm
Keep me posted...will try to work it out to attend depending on date and such....

awesome!!

MELTDOWN
10-26-11, 8:40 pm
subbed as well ....

MRmichael.hooker
11-09-11, 9:11 pm
Alright guys, we're gonna try to throw a BIG fucking ABC in Jan. Gonna be at Elite Fitness, in Huntersville. Trying to get at least 25-35 guys. We had a good sized one last time, around 10-12, but wanna throw an ABC that NC has never seen before!! This is gonna be worth the trip brothers! Will get some concrete dates down for debate, but start thinking about when would work best for you and let me know.

MELTDOWN
11-11-11, 9:26 pm
tic tic tic tic tic tic tic tic.....

Solid Dreams
11-12-11, 12:25 am
I wont be able to come to this, as far as I know. January will probably be in texas. This sucks, I really wanted to get in another with you and Beastin!

MRmichael.hooker
11-16-11, 3:28 pm
Jan 14th will be the date, Elite Fitness in Huntersville will be the place. Going to blow this one out of the fucking water!

MELTDOWN
11-17-11, 8:21 pm
Calendar looks good for that date...Put's me down.....

MRmichael.hooker
11-21-11, 8:31 pm
Calendar looks good for that date...Put's me down.....

hell yeah

MELTDOWN
11-25-11, 8:52 pm
" Are you looking for Chalk....we have it....we allow it.." Now that's a GYM

http://elitefitnessnc.com/

MRmichael.hooker
12-01-11, 8:07 pm
" Are you looking for Chalk....we have it....we allow it.." Now that's a GYM

http://elitefitnessnc.com/

lol hell ya it is!

MRmichael.hooker
12-01-11, 8:08 pm
Lets get this roll call going... whose coming to destroy some weights?

1- Myself
2- Beastin
3- Meltdown
4- ???

MRmichael.hooker
12-10-11, 1:05 pm
come on guys... whose coming? Not expecting Funky to drive down from Maryland this time lol. But it will be a blast. We do it pretty big in the south

MELTDOWN
12-12-11, 10:21 pm
Cmon gang...got's to be more than a half dozen with an hours drive.... it's an Animal ABC meet for crying out loud...at a gym.... that ALLOW's chalk !!!

MRmichael.hooker
12-21-11, 8:25 am
Cmon gang...got's to be more than a half dozen with an hours drive.... it's an Animal ABC meet for crying out loud...at a gym.... that ALLOW's chalk !!!

not that just allows chalk, but supplys big bowls of it!!!

Come on brothers, lets get this going

MRmichael.hooker
12-26-11, 2:50 pm
Got quite a few animal followers who arent on the forvm going, but still seems only forvm bros are meltdown, beastin, and myself. Lets get a few more on board. Come on guys!

MELTDOWN
12-27-11, 11:31 pm
I ight have a couple pals rollin down with me if they can clear their schedules...

MRmichael.hooker
12-29-11, 3:55 pm
I ight have a couple pals rollin down with me if they can clear their schedules...

Awesome! The more the better

MELTDOWN
01-03-12, 7:23 pm
Gettin close.... need more guys on the list..

MRmichael.hooker
01-07-12, 7:28 pm
Gettin close.... need more guys on the list..

you know how to get to the gym?

MELTDOWN
01-08-12, 9:43 pm
Yup.... just down the 1 1 5.
Did I miss the time we need to be there ??

MRmichael.hooker
01-11-12, 9:34 pm
Yup.... just down the 1 1 5.
Did I miss the time we need to be there ??

1230 on Sat.

C.Coronato
01-26-12, 4:24 pm
Howd the ABC go? Any pics??

MELTDOWN
01-26-12, 9:29 pm
Howd the ABC go? Any pics??

It sorta petered out as far as numbers went.... just 3 of us (Hooker, Joe and myself). I had a pal and his girl following me and they made a wrong turn. I tried 3 times calling and texting but gave up and we hit delts. (Later found out that his pre workout mix sorta 'attacked' him and he didnt make it to a restroom) ...all i'm gonna say about that.
Hooker and Joe killed it as i was on the backside of a head cold, but stuck in there and got in the way LOL.

Beastin'
03-17-12, 7:25 pm
So it's about time to have another gathering of monsters...... Fresh off the national ABC I'm ready to go!!! Who's game.......... Throw your name here and once we get a few on the list we will set a date about month out ...... Last time was a let down so let's do some redemption and throw an abc all will remember!

Beastin'
Hooker
Smitty

MELTDOWN
03-21-12, 8:46 pm
count me in ( depending on schedule conflicts of course) and i'll try not to get in the way

MR.TeachFreak
03-21-12, 9:15 pm
So it's about time to have another gathering of monsters...... Fresh off the national ABC I'm ready to go!!! Who's game.......... Throw your name here and once we get a few on the list we will set a date about month out ...... Last time was a let down so let's do some redemption and throw an abc all will remember!

Beastin'
Hooker
Smitty

What is the address of the place? I m in Fayetteville and if it is not to far I might try and make it. Gas prices....nuff said.

MRmichael.hooker
09-28-12, 11:44 am
Cough cough... bump bump. We need to get some ABCs rollin in the Carolinas. Who's game?!?

MRmichael.hooker
10-02-12, 10:33 pm
Noone? Come on bros!

MikeNice
10-03-12, 9:10 am
Alright bros, Beastin & I are having an ABC next Saturday (Oct 15) in Huntersville @ Noon. It's at Elite Fitness (pure bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman gym, AMAZING atmosphere-- www.Elitefitnessnc.com". Owner is excited about it, so we are good to go. Tons of places to grub around afterwards. Right now we have myself, Beastin, Funky, and a few local Animals at the gym already. Atleast 6-7 guys as of now. If there is the Triad Western ABC same weekend, sweet. We'll spread the word of Animal across the state. Just made since for us to have one closer to us too, since we have quite a few guys in this area of the state. Who's down to come destroy the gym with us and leave the Animal mark?

Hell, I would be willing to make the trip, but I have to work.

MRmichael.hooker
10-03-12, 9:12 am

no bud, that was one of last years ABC. I'm trying to get one together for this year. If you'd like to come, let me know & we can work out a date that works for people

MikeNice
10-03-12, 9:20 am

Wow, weak reading of dates on my part. lol I'm a newbie, but I'm down to hit the gym with some fellow Animals. I might be embarrassed by my measly weights, so don't laugh too hard.

MikeNice
10-03-12, 9:25 am
no bud, that was one of last years ABC. I'm trying to get one together for this year. If you'd like to come, let me know & we can work out a date that works for people

November 17th and 18th are cool with me as long as I don't get drafted for over time before then. It is that time of year at work. People sign up for a ton of OT and then they drop it and others get stuck.

MRmichael.hooker
10-10-12, 12:27 pm
Wow, weak reading of dates on my part. lol I'm a newbie, but I'm down to hit the gym with some fellow Animals. I might be embarrassed by my measly weights, so don't laugh too hard.

November 17th and 18th are cool with me as long as I don't get drafted for over time before then. It is that time of year at work. People sign up for a ton of OT and then they drop it and others get stuck.

17/18th would work for me as well. And i understand completely on the OT thing! All my staff is always asking for the extra hours, so I put em on the schedule, and then they cant do it lol. Let's say Nov 17th (Sat) as the offical date! Let's spread the word. Get as many bros as you can, and I will do the same. Let's make this HUGEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

MikeNice
10-10-12, 3:21 pm
Posted on the ole FB. Thinking about hitting BB.com with it. Already asking the guys at work. None of them seem too interested.

Do you have a specific location in mind?

Beastin'
10-10-12, 8:02 pm
The iron chic and myself are in! Time to get some numbers .... We need like 20 mofos at this thing !

MRmichael.hooker
10-10-12, 8:59 pm
Posted on the ole FB. Thinking about hitting BB.com with it. Already asking the guys at work. None of them seem too interested.

Do you have a specific location in mind?

Elite Fitness in Huntersville. Fuckin intense gym. Chalk everywhere (supplied by the gym!), and more plates than you could ever need. Not to mention the db's go to 180, and there's a custom, duct taped 200lber lol. Im about to FB it as well. If you look me up on FB, shoot me a request

The iron chic and myself are in! Time to get some numbers .... We need like 20 mofos at this thing !
FUCK YEA!!

MRmichael.hooker
10-10-12, 9:52 pm
So far we've got:
Mike
Mike
Joe
Rebecca
Nick

Let's keep the momentum rolling boys and girls!!!!! You don't wanna miss an ABC @ Elite Fitness, squatting until you puke & deadlifting until your shins are bleeding is just the warmups!

MRmichael.hooker
10-11-12, 8:43 pm
got my boy Russell coming!

MikeNice
10-13-12, 7:35 am
The closer this gets the more nervous I get. I'm years and plates behind everybody. Plus, I haven't set foot inside of a gym since January 3rd. I've was using resistance bands for cardio and resistance for about 7 months. I've only been trying to grow any strength for less than 90 days. Add in the set back for two months of no training with a shoulder and neck injury.

I'm just hoping I don't get in the way. It'll be a great learning experience either way.

MikeNice
10-13-12, 7:43 am
I was using resistance bands for cardio and resistance for about 7 months.
Fixed

Typing while crasing from free preworkout samples should be avoided. lol

MRmichael.hooker
10-14-12, 8:33 am
The closer this gets the more nervous I get. I'm years and plates behind everybody. Plus, I haven't set foot inside of a gym since January 3rd. I've was using resistance bands for cardio and resistance for about 7 months. I've only been trying to grow any strength for less than 90 days. Add in the set back for two months of no training with a shoulder and neck injury.

I'm just hoping I don't get in the way. It'll be a great learning experience either way.

Don't worry about that bro, it'll just be a fun time! Last one, Beastin (Joe) and I were training shoulders with a guy who had been injured from a motorcycle racing wreck and couldn't quite keep up with the pace we had. Didn't slow us down any, and we all 3 had a great workout together. Typically, whatever you lift on Saturday; you find the other guys who are doing that same bodypart and just hop on in. As far as trying to ease into lifting weights / cardio more and more towards BLET, hopefully we can help throw some suggestions & advice your way for that too. Not to mention, im Army & theirs an ex marine corp guy gonna be there, so we can def give you some cardio ideas that will help

Typing while crasing from free preworkout samples should be avoided. lol

lol my problem I run into is chugging down my preworkout, and driving the motorcyle to the gym lol

MRmichael.hooker
10-16-12, 2:19 pm
How does Noon work for everyone?

MikeNice
10-16-12, 4:01 pm
Noon is good for me. It will probably be about a two hour drive each way. So, I can get up late and get back early. I got drafted for OT the next afternoon.

Beastin'
10-17-12, 9:16 pm
Noon is perfect ! Get a couple meals in and get your head right .... This is gonna be a good time!

Beastin'
10-17-12, 9:17 pm
Don't worry about that bro, it'll just be a fun time! Last one, Beastin (Joe) and I were training shoulders with a guy who had been injured from a motorcycle racing wreck and couldn't quite keep up with the pace we had. Didn't slow us down any, and we all 3 had a great workout together. Typically, whatever you lift on Saturday; you find the other guys who are doing that same bodypart and just hop on in. As far as trying to ease into lifting weights / cardio more and more towards BLET, hopefully we can help throw some suggestions & advice your way for that too. Not to mention, im Army & theirs an ex marine corp guy gonna be there, so we can def give you some cardio ideas that will help

lol my problem I run into is chugging down my preworkout, and driving the motorcyle to the gym lol

Man we are just gonna lift hard and have a good time! There is no pressure to put up big numbers or be "the man" of the day. It's all about bringing the brother hood together

MRmichael.hooker
10-17-12, 9:34 pm
Man we are just gonna lift hard and have a good time! There is no pressure to put up big numbers or be "the man" of the day. It's all about bringing the brother hood together

As long as I can outlift Rebecca... lol

MELTDOWN
10-17-12, 9:47 pm

No nerves needed. Just show up and lift. Heck, I limped my just gettin over being sick azz in there last time and tried to keep up. Good fun, no pressure, just moving some iron...

MRmichael.hooker
10-17-12, 10:51 pm
No nerves needed. Just show up and lift. Heck, I limped my just gettin over being sick azz in there last time and tried to keep up. Good fun, no pressure, just moving some iron...

You gonna be able to make it again this time bud?

MELTDOWN
10-18-12, 10:38 pm
You gonna be able to make it again this time bud?

Count me there unless i get a curve ball and have to fly out that weekend for business stuff.

MRmichael.hooker
10-22-12, 11:55 am
Count me there unless i get a curve ball and have to fly out that weekend for business stuff.

Hell yea!!!

Mike; do you have an Animal tshirt? If not, no biggy, just let me know and I have plenty of spares you can use for the day

MikeNice
10-22-12, 2:46 pm
I'm trying to talk one of the guys at work in tonjoining us. He use to play offensives line at ECU and spent a few years playing Arena Football. Unfortunately, he is pretty hesitant. He keeps talking about hitting the gym. Then he complains that the iron beat his body up too much already. We'll see what happens.

MRmichael.hooker
10-22-12, 3:07 pm
I'm trying to talk one of the guys at work in tonjoining us. He use to play offensives line at ECU and spent a few years playing Arena Football. Unfortunately, he is pretty hesitant. He keeps talking about hitting the gym. Then he complains that the iron beat his body up too much already. We'll see what happens.

Ah, tell him to close up his vagina and come lift. Nah, seriously, tell him not to worry, it'll just be a bomb ass time. Bunch of bros getting together liftin & having fun, then eating some serious food and chillin

MikeNice
10-23-12, 3:19 pm
It is pretty funny. I asked a few people I know that lift or have a history of lifting, no one will go. They all think I'm crazy for driving two hours to lift weights. Then again I can't get any of them to hit the gym 10 minutes from work most days. There is always an excuse.

MRmichael.hooker
10-24-12, 3:27 pm
There is always an excuse.

Always. Oh well... we'll still have a great time without em

MELTDOWN
10-24-12, 9:13 pm
Always. Oh well... we'll still have a great time without em

Exactly..... I can always handle a good REASON for things.... but Excuses are for the slackers......

MRmichael.hooker
10-25-12, 9:39 pm
think FiremanDan might be coming too!

MikeNice
10-28-12, 3:16 pm
What is the day rate for the gym?

MRmichael.hooker
10-29-12, 3:37 pm
What is the day rate for the gym?

We're gonna shoot for $5

Beastin'
11-03-12, 1:37 pm
Alright boys...... This shit gonna happen or what? Lets get some energy flowin over this! Come the fuck on!

Beastin'
11-03-12, 1:38 pm
Alright boys...... This shit gonna happen or what? Lets get some energy flowin over this! Come the fuck on!

Who's in....
Beastin'
Iron chick
Hooker

MikeNice
11-03-12, 8:03 pm
Saturday the 17th at high noon. I will be there.

Beastin'
11-04-12, 2:14 pm
Saturday the 17th at high noon. I will be there.

Awesome!

Beastin'
11-07-12, 12:11 pm
Lets start a list.... Who's in and what are u training....

Beastin'- legs
Iron chick- legs

MRmichael.hooker
11-07-12, 2:35 pm
Lets start a list.... Who's in and what are u training....

Beastin'- legs
Iron chick- legs

Dude... it's saturday, that's always fucking LEG DAY!!! Unless KD wants to tear shit up on a Sunday

MRmichael.hooker
11-07-12, 2:36 pm
Who's in....
Beastin'
Iron chick
Hooker
MikeNice

Too bad we can't get Smitty and those boys on the forum. Right there's another 4 or 5, if Corey will grace us and come lol

MikeNice
11-07-12, 4:43 pm
Dude... it's saturday, that's always fucking LEG DAY!!! Unless KD wants to tear shit up on a Sunday

Friday is usually legs, back and biceps. I'll skip and hit it on Saturday.

I'm currently on a two day split going in to 3x8-10 sets. It should be fun driving back home with my legs and back beat up.

MRmichael.hooker
11-09-12, 11:06 am
Friday is usually legs, back and biceps. I'll skip and hit it on Saturday.

I'm currently on a two day split going in to 3x8-10 sets. It should be fun driving back home with my legs and back beat up.

If you train legs with Joe, Rebecca & I, legs will be nice & trashed

MikeNice
11-10-12, 9:38 am
So, it is officially leg day. Now, I'm nominating Hack Press to be in the rotation. I'm saving up, well healing up, my legs to go for a 350x1. Since I'll probably skip legs on Tuesday to run, I want to try for it on Saturday.

MRmichael.hooker
11-10-12, 12:40 pm
So, it is officially leg day. Now, I'm nominating Hack Press to be in the rotation. I'm saving up, well healing up, my legs to go for a 350x1. Since I'll probably skip legs on Tuesday to run, I want to try for it on Saturday.

I always hack at Elite Fitness because they have an old, badass hack squat machine. We will hack lol

Beastin'
11-13-12, 8:41 am
Yeah legs yummy...... U won't worry about back or bis because you'll be fucked and can't walk to do the rest lol

Beastin'
11-13-12, 8:42 am
We need more people ..... I just think everyone is scared of elite fitness lol

MRmichael.hooker
11-13-12, 1:34 pm
We need more people ..... I just think everyone is scared of elite fitness lol

PM'd bunch of the guys from NC, got one response lol. FOUR DAYS AWAY!!!!!

Beastin'
11-13-12, 2:49 pm
That's nuts. Most badass gym in the Carolina's and no one will come

MRmichael.hooker
11-13-12, 4:45 pm
That's nuts. Most badass gym in the Carolina's and no one will come

Everyone is scared Smitty will scream at them lol

MRmichael.hooker
11-16-12, 1:34 pm
Got one of my salesmen, Jason, coming tomorrow too!

MikeNice
11-16-12, 8:07 pm
Looking forward to it. Feeling beat up from my schedule, and an extra leg session. Hoping eight hours of sleep gets everything feeling right. Taking extra A7 and protein.

Beastin'
11-17-12, 9:20 pm
Looking forward to it. Feeling beat up from my schedule, and an extra leg session. Hoping eight hours of sleep gets everything feeling right. Taking extra A7 and protein.

good seeing yall....... pretty rough turn out but those whom showed face threw down!

MRmichael.hooker
01-24-13, 2:45 pm
So, starting to go ahead and get some rough plans together for the next ABC, hoping to get a big turn out this time. Looking at April time period, mainly because it'll be spring and Deanna will be in town, so IF it works out with her schedule and she can make it, sweet!!!! If not, we'll still rock it like always. For whoever is interested, let me know so we can start building this thing up. It'll be a big way to start off the summer and get everyone hyped for some serious training. For the bros/gals who live a lil ways away, plenty of time to start planning for the trip now!! Those who have came down to Elite before to train know the atmosphere and how awesome it is to grab a workout there. Not to mention you'll have Joe almost ready for his show, i'll be 8 weeksish out, and of course many powerlifters and strongmen, not to mention strongman pro Adam Scherr will most likely be there throwin his normal 800lb+ deadlifts for reps around, hot off his Arnold debut. Were gonna throw this shit DOWN this time around guys & gals.

MikeNice
01-25-13, 8:57 am
The 22nd - 27th throws me off unless you guys are down for Thursday afternoon. lol I am clear for the 20th and 21st though.

MRmichael.hooker
01-25-13, 11:15 am
I am clear for the 20th and 21st though.

That is a possibility. Only weekend I couldn't in April is the weekend before that, 12-14th

MRmichael.hooker
02-07-13, 1:03 pm
Since we're starting to gather dates now, should be no excuse for this thing not to be huge!

Refuge
04-16-13, 4:40 pm
Dang, I leave the state on the 19th and come back on the 22nd.

Go figure.

MikeNice
04-19-13, 3:47 pm
I'm out for the weekend. I got drafted for overtime at work. We're short and things are hetic.

TheAlphaWolf
04-19-13, 4:28 pm
Does this still go on?

MRmichael.hooker
08-18-14, 8:35 pm
Thought I'd throw a shout out about this abc chapter and see if I got any response.

MRmichael.hooker
05-17-16, 1:48 pm
Checking in to see what guys and gals around NC would be up for an ABC this summer? Would love to get some steam behind this locomotive

SMuncey
05-17-16, 3:39 pm
Checking in to see what guys and gals around NC would be up for an ABC this summer? Would love to get some steam behind this locomotive

Whatever you need for the ABC, I'll be your guy to contact, you can hit me up here with a PM or email me at SteveM@universalnutrition.com

MRmichael.hooker
05-17-16, 4:13 pm
Whatever you need for the ABC, I'll be your guy to contact, you can hit me up here with a PM or email me at SteveM@universalnutrition.com

Ok sounds good man. You got 10-15 people to have one? Lol

MRmichael.hooker
05-23-16, 2:43 pm
Still throwing this out here, trying to see if any one is interested. Seems forum activity is a lot less than what it used to be, so trying to see if any one wants to get together for an ABC in the Carolinas

MELTDOWN
05-24-16, 12:25 pm
Still throwing this out here, trying to see if any one is interested. Seems forum activity is a lot less than what it used to be, so trying to see if any one wants to get together for an ABC in the Carolinas

I would be in, pending ABC date and work calendar.... lots of traveling this year so far.

MRmichael.hooker
04-13-17, 10:44 am
I see we have a few more guys in the forvm now living in NC, thought I'd give this a bump. I'm always game for a good ABC. Great time to get some lifting in, eating in, and just all around iron comradery. If anyone is interested, hit me up. Doesn't HAVE to be around Charlotte, we can do it further north or west if needed too.

MRmichael.hooker
07-18-17, 10:17 am
I see we have a few more guys in the forvm now living in NC, thought I'd give this a bump. I'm always game for a good ABC. Great time to get some lifting in, eating in, and just all around iron comradery. If anyone is interested, hit me up. Doesn't HAVE to be around Charlotte, we can do it further north or west if needed too.

Again, just throwing out the bump in here. ABCs use to be a pretty big deal and a great time. Seeing if any interest out there

MRmichael.hooker
07-16-18, 2:32 pm

Still just bumpin this around to see who in the area would be game. Even if you have friends who are not on the Forvm but would like to get in on an ABC, that's fine. The more the better.