PDA

View Full Version : new diet. what do you think

PECK88
10-09-11, 4:39 pm
Hey whats going on, been gone for a while doing alot of research and training harder then ever. got up to my goal, was 185 got up to 205 and holding strong at that for about 3 months and lifting heavy but i think ima switch the diet up a lil bit and cut out alot of fat. here is my new diet let me know if u think i should change or anything.
MEAL 1- 3:00AM- 1SCOOP WHEY AND 1SCOOP CASIEN PROTIEN SHAKE
MEAL 2- 6:30AM- 1 BIG CAN TUNA WITH SALSA WITH 6 FAT FREE SALTEEN CRACKERS
MEAL 3- 9:30AM- 2PAKS PLAIN OATMEAL,1 CUP FRESH BLUEBERRYS,1CHOBANI YOGURT
MEAL 4- 12:30PM- 8OZ CHICKEN BREAST,1CUP SPINACH,1CUP BROWN RICE
MEAL 5- 3:30 PRE WORKOUT- 1 SMALL CAN TUNA ON 2 PCS WHEAT BREAD
MEAL 6- POSTWORKOUT- 60G WHEY PROTIEN SHAKE WITH30G CARBS
MEAL 7- BEDTIME 8:30PM 48G CASIEN PROTIEN

Yes i am in bed very early due to me waking up at 2:30 am for work every day so im able to start eating early and continue through the day. i start training at 5:00pm sunday-thursday and i take off friday and saturday for rest days my current split is
SUNDAY:CHEST&ABS
MONDAY:BACK&CARDIO
TUESDAY:SHOULDERS&TRAPS
WEDNESDAY:ARMS&ABS
THURSDAY:LEGS&CARDIO
FRIDAY:OFF
SATURDAY:OFF

B.S.
10-09-11, 5:33 pm
hmm meal 3 is vary heavy in carbs and low in pro specific reason?

post workout is solid

can u handle tuna before workout? i burp that shit the whole time?

replace the saltines for a diff carb source if possible i love tuna rice and salsa

PECK88
10-09-11, 6:09 pm
i never really noticed that haha ill have to find another source of protien to add with that and also throwing the rice in there does sound good and yeah i personally love tuna before the workout its light and doesnt make me feel like i ate before thanks for the advice

LegendKillerJosh
10-09-11, 7:35 pm
You should try to get more food in between the workout and bed. Your post workout meal is a shake and so is the next, final meal.

ToSo
10-09-11, 8:52 pm
Solid diet bro, if it works with you then stick to it. Ever think about adding Animal PM to your mix? When I was dieting over the summer animal pm helped me recover quicker and burn some extra fat while I slept.

PECK88
10-10-11, 7:25 pm
^^^^thanks man and yeah i have been planning on adding some suplements to the mix and PM was one of them just waiting until i get the diet down and get used to it before i add everything eles in

Wycked
10-10-11, 8:19 pm
Where's the healthy fats bro? It is essential to consume healthy fats for a balanced diet. Try adding in some almonds, avocado, EVOO and of course omega-3 fish oils.

violator
10-11-11, 2:57 pm
Where's the healthy fats bro? It is essential to consume healthy fats for a balanced diet. Try adding in some almonds, avocado, EVOO and of course omega-3 fish oils.

^thank god, someone with sense...

bro, uve been misled by the hype...low fat diets are used by GUYS ON GEAR... natty lifters have no business with them. fats have numerous benefits, research more on that and less on what you have been, cause ur current sources are no good.

Back To Basics
10-12-11, 6:20 pm
Your testosterone levels can suffer from low fat diets for an extended period of time. So 12 weeks with low fat is pretty damn long considering test keeps you hard and retains muscle.

AntiPosers
10-12-11, 7:08 pm
Hey whats going on, been gone for a while doing alot of research and training harder then ever. got up to my goal, was 185 got up to 205 and holding strong at that for about 3 months and lifting heavy but i think ima switch the diet up a lil bit and cut out alot of fat. here is my new diet let me know if u think i should change or anything.
MEAL 1- 3:00AM- 1SCOOP WHEY AND 1SCOOP CASIEN PROTIEN SHAKE
MEAL 2- 6:30AM- 1 BIG CAN TUNA WITH SALSA WITH 6 FAT FREE SALTEEN CRACKERS
MEAL 3- 9:30AM- 2PAKS PLAIN OATMEAL,1 CUP FRESH BLUEBERRYS,1CHOBANI YOGURT
MEAL 4- 12:30PM- 8OZ CHICKEN BREAST,1CUP SPINACH,1CUP BROWN RICE
MEAL 5- 3:30 PRE WORKOUT- 1 SMALL CAN TUNA ON 2 PCS WHEAT BREAD
MEAL 6- POSTWORKOUT- 60G WHEY PROTIEN SHAKE WITH30G CARBS
MEAL 7- BEDTIME 8:30PM 48G CASIEN PROTIEN

Yes i am in bed very early due to me waking up at 2:30 am for work every day so im able to start eating early and continue through the day. i start training at 5:00pm sunday-thursday and i take off friday and saturday for rest days my current split is
SUNDAY:CHEST&ABS
MONDAY:BACK&CARDIO
TUESDAY:SHOULDERS&TRAPS
WEDNESDAY:ARMS&ABS
THURSDAY:LEGS&CARDIO
FRIDAY:OFF
SATURDAY:OFF

Your diet is okay, but your missing something that is essential to your body and that is FATS. Don't be afraid of them maybe you want to read this: http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=401 before depriving your body from and essential nutrient.

PECK88
10-12-11, 7:36 pm
thanks for the advice everyone i really appreciate it, after what people are saying i went out and i did pick up some animal pm,i also got some animal test for and i picked up fish oils and i added fish into my diet also 1 or 2 days a week and some almonds for when i need a snack

Wycked
10-13-11, 9:34 pm
Some fish oils and almonds ain't gonna cut it my friend. U need some good fat in every meal in my opinion. The healthy benefits as mentioned before are countless and I would be more concerned getting your fats in that your carbs meaning one is vitally more important. Look @ guys that do keto diets they survive off the fats they take in

Back To Basics
10-14-11, 1:06 am
And to add to Mike's post, fish oils are NOT used as an energy source. They are FATTY ACIDS not FATS

Joe J
10-14-11, 6:09 am
Some fish oils and almonds ain't gonna cut it my friend. U need some good fat in every meal in my opinion. The healthy benefits as mentioned before are countless and I would be more concerned getting your fats in that your carbs meaning one is vitally more important. Look @ guys that do keto diets they survive off the fats they take in

Exactly what I was thinking reading the original post, the diet definitely looks off-key in terms of taking in a good amount of healthy fats. Im cutting at the moment and have been losing a solid 2lbs a week eating fat at every meal, whether it be a handful of almonds or steak or any lean cuts of meat.

Wycked
10-20-11, 1:48 am
Exactly what I was thinking reading the original post, the diet definitely looks off-key in terms of taking in a good amount of healthy fats. Im cutting at the moment and have been losing a solid 2lbs a week eating fat at every meal, whether it be a handful of almonds or steak or any lean cuts of meat.

Another good arsenal in fat burning is l-carntine if your not taking it u should be esp if preping for a show. Really help u burn that fat for energy. Mobilize those fat deposits and use them for energy

MRmichael.hooker
10-21-11, 8:18 am
Another good arsenal in fat burning is l-carntine if your not taking it u should be esp if preping for a show. Really help u burn that fat for energy. Mobilize those fat deposits and use them for energy

I fucking LOVE L-carntine. The stuff is amazing

Joe J
10-21-11, 10:05 am

I've never used that before, if I ever get into some money over my food budget, I'll give it a go!

Spending £85 on tuesday to train with Dorian Yates aswell, so that could be some time mate.