PDA

View Full Version : Question for my BIG PULLERS!!!

Tiny1102
10-12-11, 8:56 am
How often do you train deadlifts in a week or month?

Polk17
10-12-11, 9:29 am
1 time every week Heavy (relative), w/ a deload every 6-7 weeks...

Tiny1102
10-12-11, 7:28 pm
I am hearing once every two and now once a week. Where is Chris?

machineman
10-12-11, 8:30 pm
I won't give an answer as I am not a big puller!!! At least not yet! But I am interested to see others training philosophy.

BigChrisF
10-13-11, 1:35 am
I was in some other town. I wish I was a big puller, but I've been stuck in the low 700's for a while.

Right now I pull every week, but I'm only doing speed pulls. Around 50-55% bar weight and pulling against bands with about 100 lbs off the floor and 200 lbs at the top.

I'm trying to get my squat back, so heavy work will be with that. This summer when I did a couple deadlift-only meets I pretty much reversed that and did speed squats and pulled something heavy every week. This could have been heavy singles raw or equipped, or heavy triples or semi heavy technique work with a new suit. I also would either alternate conventional or sumo days or I would do both in the same session.

I have also had some success with alternating weeks in which I squat or deadlift heavy. If I squatted heavy I did speed pulls then the next week I pulled heavy and speed squatted. I just don't do that right now because my squat always needs the most work.

Tiny1102
10-14-11, 9:06 am
I was in some other town. I wish I was a big puller, but I've been stuck in the low 700's for a while.

Right now I pull every week, but I'm only doing speed pulls. Around 50-55% bar weight and pulling against bands with about 100 lbs off the floor and 200 lbs at the top.

I'm trying to get my squat back, so heavy work will be with that. This summer when I did a couple deadlift-only meets I pretty much reversed that and did speed squats and pulled something heavy every week. This could have been heavy singles raw or equipped, or heavy triples or semi heavy technique work with a new suit. I also would either alternate conventional or sumo days or I would do both in the same session.

I have also had some success with alternating weeks in which I squat or deadlift heavy. If I squatted heavy I did speed pulls then the next week I pulled heavy and speed squatted. I just don't do that right now because my squat always needs the most work.

Thank you for the feedback.

jeff00z28
10-14-11, 3:38 pm
Progressive overload every week for me. Singles just give me overtraining/ the haze and as drastic as it sounds pretty much ruins my life