PDA

View Full Version : The true price of living like an Animal

_Bob_
10-21-11, 2:39 pm
The price of the iron game is pain and sweat, but I just learned there is a much higher cost that I did not think of before. I started lifting about 10 months ago and have made great gains, my shoulders are getting broad and my arms big... fucking loving it. But the summer in the Californian valley is hot and now I am getting packed to go to the bay area for the weekend, my wife has some formal work dinner thing that I have to attend as well. No more shorts and t-shirt but my jeans and button down dress shirt... and this is where I found the real cost of living by the iron.
I can't get my legs into my jeans, my arms are like sausages in my shirt that is now also falling short due to my increased width. My wife loves it and is cracking up... but I have to rush my ass down to Macy's to get new clothes and we have to leave in an hour.

This is going to cost me...

Charlie Mike
10-21-11, 2:53 pm
That's awesome bro! I can't wait to get home from this deployment and realize none of my clothes fit anymore.

_Bob_
10-22-11, 12:22 pm
Get home safe brother.

I have to admit I did feel good to know I out grew clothes I fit a year ago. Even more proof that all the pain and sweat has not been for nothing. But coughing up 175 bucks for jeans and a shirt always hurts, plus I have a feeling I am not going to fit 75% of my winter clothes...

Cranky
10-24-11, 7:17 am
Just throw on an iconic, a pair of cargo shorts, some work boots, and tell your woman to 'Deal with it.'

On second thought, spending 175 bucks is better than sleeping on the couch and not getting laid for the next couple months. Forget what I said.

KoncreteKyle
10-24-11, 12:19 pm
Hahaha I'm going through this right now.

Ass is so big I have to wear a size 36-38 waist pant even though my waist is a 31. Shirts are also weird ... XL, XXL, and XXXL all have the same should measurements but just get blousier. Gunna have to start making my own clothes I guess.

Big shout out to the 408! San Jose native right here!

almosteasy
10-24-11, 7:21 pm

Ass is so big I have to wear a size 36-38 waist pant even though my waist is a 31. Shirts are also weird ... XL, XXL, and XXXL all have the same should measurements but just get blousier. Gunna have to start making my own clothes I guess.

^same thing man i hate it. where in the world does a young animal get "trendy" jeans and clothes that fit the legs and waist at the same time??

PORTERHOUSE
10-24-11, 7:43 pm

Bro I have the same problem with pants. For my dress pants, I have to keep getting them re-tailored because they pull hard across the thigh and look like shit. I buy the same, 36-38 waist just to have the waist tailored down to a 32. Even after this, they still don't fit right, and I'm getting ready to bring them all back again... it's sort of funny on here, but it's costing me a fortune haha.

KoncreteKyle
10-25-11, 11:53 am
Bro I have the same problem with pants. For my dress pants, I have to keep getting them re-tailored because they pull hard across the thigh and look like shit. I buy the same, 36-38 waist just to have the waist tailored down to a 32. Even after this, they still don't fit right, and I'm getting ready to bring them all back again... it's sort of funny on here, but it's costing me a fortune haha.

Haha wow, at least you get your stuff tailored to fit!

Another price I've had to pay is how much of a pain it is trying to fall asleep. My lats and shoulders are to big so laying on my side total f*cks with my spine. Laying on my stomach just makes my lower back feel like someone kicked the piss out of it and laying on my back makes me snore LOL ... I can't imagine how hard it must be for the pro's.

Respect,
-Koncrete

Aggression
10-25-11, 12:01 pm
I bought a new suit and had it tailored back in mid-summer. It no longer fits right, being that I'm up an extra 20lbs already. With pants, same here as everyone else; I buy a 38. I actually just bought a pair that are 95% cotton, 5% spandex, so they're comfortable as hell and have a lot of give in them. Dress shirts are the worst, IMO. I try to find 'modern fit' or 'custom fit', or something like that so they fit better. Even still, I buy a 17.5 neck, but then the bottom of the shirt looks like a dress on me, lol.

Machine
10-25-11, 7:47 pm
I was silently agreeing with this tag line when I read it...but when I opened it up...let's just say we have different versions of cost.

Glad to hear your growing though...that is what it is all about.

MACHINE

PORTERHOUSE
10-25-11, 8:27 pm
I was silently agreeing with this tag line when I read it...but when I opened it up...let's just say we have different versions of cost.

Glad to hear your growing though...that is what it is all about.

MACHINE

Were you thinking more along the lines of sacrifice? That's where I thought this thread was going when I read the title.

quinto
10-25-11, 8:28 pm

this is what i have to do as well. hell i bought a pair of pants for an interview about 3 weeks ago. what happens when your cutting? they no longer fit. and my belt no longer fits. and my shoulders fill out my shirt really well, but then its a freaking dress at the bottom near my waist. it was basically a huge waste of money imo, but it means im putting in work. things fit me now, but thats because im 'deflated' from running a keto. once a carb up, nothing fits all over again...

i kinda gave up on buying clothes all together. when i have a huge event/meeting/date or something, ill get something that fits, properly fits, and tailored to fit just for that night. But for the mean time, its hello 36in waist jeans with baggy legs, with the belt almost cutting into me to hold it up. and i have no idea whats gonna happen when i start bulking again...

willah
10-25-11, 11:31 pm
Dress shirts are the worst, IMO. I try to find 'modern fit' or 'custom fit', or something like that so they fit better. Even still, I buy a 17.5 neck, but then the bottom of the shirt looks like a dress on me, lol.

I just bought a new dress shirt and it's the same deal.. Body of the shirt looks ridiculous stuffed into the waist of my 32" pants.

Howitzer
11-07-11, 3:26 pm
Glad you're making great gains brother. I asked in forvm last year where guys bought new pants. I think it was J-Dawg that pointed me to AE. AE relaxed fit does a really good job. Plenty of thigh space. 30 bucks for a pair of jeans, which isn't too terrible. Might have to up the waist size. I have a 31 inch waist, but I wear a 34X34 to accommodate. Good luck.

P Diesel
11-09-11, 1:38 am
The price of the iron game is pain and sweat, but I just learned there is a much higher cost that I did not think of before. I started lifting about 10 months ago and have made great gains, my shoulders are getting broad and my arms big... fucking loving it. But the summer in the Californian valley is hot and now I am getting packed to go to the bay area for the weekend, my wife has some formal work dinner thing that I have to attend as well. No more shorts and t-shirt but my jeans and button down dress shirt... and this is where I found the real cost of living by the iron.
I can't get my legs into my jeans, my arms are like sausages in my shirt that is now also falling short due to my increased width. My wife loves it and is cracking up... but I have to rush my ass down to Macy's to get new clothes and we have to leave in an hour.

This is going to cost me...

growin outta clothes may b one of the real 'monetary' costs ... i would def not say that is an actual price u pay to be in this game brotha.

P

Cranky
11-11-11, 8:18 am
Keeping in the spirit of this thread, anyone out there know any brands of pants that fit guys like us? Legs are blowing up and my old brand ( Urban Pipeline) doesnt fit my quads and ass anymore. Looking for something not crazy expensive.

_Bob_
11-11-11, 1:13 pm
growin outta clothes may b one of the real 'monetary' costs ... i would def not say that is an actual price u pay to be in this game brotha.

P
I hear ya, I regret the title. More like "hidden expenses".

P Diesel
11-12-11, 12:44 am
I hear ya, I regret the title. More like "hidden expenses".

i definitely agree with u in that case bro. keep growin my man

P