PDA

View Full Version : Party? What Party?

solomon_caine
10-29-11, 2:07 pm
As a teenager, with practically no direction in life but pure fun, I used to attend a whole yard of parties left and right. There would be drinking parties with my so-called friends, late-night hangouts in different places and food-tripping in the middle of the night. I remember drowning myself in the purity of freshly-brewed coconut vodka, a delicacy here in my country, which was flavored like bubblegum. One bottle was enough to take me down while it took three beers on a normal basis to help me get to sleep. Once availability strikes, I was nowhere near my home, where my folks and my bro needed my security and firmness in keeping them safe. I admit being an asshole sometimes when I was tipsy but never did I make a ruckus when I had one too many. I was that sane but at that time, I also figured that it was getting me nowhere real quick. I was already into bodybuilding at that time and made a complete fool out of myself for thinking that a wide back will do.

Then, just this afternoon, my friend told me how shit-laden he had felt when he experienced a Halloween party without the food, without the proper drinks and most of all, without pay. He was at a party that was jam-packed with people and also, flooded with alcohol. Out of the seven or eight floors he's been to, most would offer him drinks or two, a few shots here and a jigger there...until he got home and woke up the morning after with a hangover that feels like he got rammed by truck running at a hundred and eighty. Did I say Halloween? Yeah, he was dressed as Batman while his friends were dressed as members of the Justice League...all this amid the crowd that was filled with X-Men-dressed yuppies and Avenger-clothed hippies. While he relayed this to me, I suddenly remembered how glad I was leaving my night-life behind me. The shitty atmosphere, the snobs who filled the place, your friends who got drunk till sunrise...I was glad I gave these up for the Iron Game.

I attend family gatherings and what not but if ever I'm going to attend a party where my friends are, I'd best pass on it because of a few things. First, I don't get anything out of it; maybe the food will do, maybe the company and all but there's actually nothing to look forward to. The worst they'll do is invite you some place else and have you drinking beer till four in the morning. Second, I gave up on partying a long time ago. If ever I get to have these passes for some gig at a bar or something like that, I'd pass it up and I wouldn't mind people calling me crazy. I mean, hey, what's crazier than passing on a chance like that? I try not to be a party-pooper, the fucking least of my concerns if need be. It's just that there's more to life than just parties and drinking sessions. Some say life is all about making the most out of it...well why not make something out of it by changing yourself? You can't be forever drinking on an empty table in some bar and expect some progress. I see a lot of these young guys in malls and so-so places. Most of them look like they hit the gym once or twice but later during the day, you get to see the same guys again drinking away at a bar near some resto somewhere. So much for inner change...

As I end this post, I want to point out the things I have taken out of my system for damn good. I'm in the countryside anyway, which also calls for a sudden change of heart. First, I've given up parties that involve heavy drinking. I can attend family gatherings or social occasions such as a food convention or something but never disco lights and hard liquor. Second, if it ain't worth going to, it's out of my schedule. I have better things to do with my time than meet up with friends. Most of them are in the Iron Game anyway (my best friend's into powerlifting and he hardly meets up with any of us) so I guess they'll understand why you can't make it. Third, I'd rather be at home reading a book than go partying with a bunch of people you hardly know apart from the friend who brought you there. Call me boring and I'll call you pathetic. Who'd waste time with a drunk piece of shit anyway?

This Monday is Halloween...to me, it's another day in the trenches. Nothing new, nothing to look forward to, just the same old routine...hey, consistency is a good thing, you know. Though there are benefits in the use of new methods, the old effective ones will always work wonders. I really can't feel the Halloween spirit here...and I'm already a few blocks away from the cemetery...funny....

Hope God understood me here, thank you, Lord!

C.Coronato
11-01-11, 12:06 pm
Looks like you are on the right track my man. Many people get side tracked, or simply enjoy themselves more than they should. Its all about finding that balance.

solomon_caine
11-02-11, 8:36 am
Looks like you are on the right track my man. Many people get side tracked, or simply enjoy themselves more than they should. Its all about finding that balance.

exactly, bro. it's all about straightening that line that should never be crooked. the unbalanced lifestyle often leads to faulty decisions. and when people say yes to parties, they have a foot in the police station and the other in a nearby clinic. it's a losing situation; you get drunk, people complain; you get liver cancer, you drain the very resources you're saving up on.

what's worse is that other people commit to the hassle of rectifying every stupid thing you did when you were under the influence of alcohol. I really didn't see the effects of draining too much alcohol until a doctor, who was my mom's friend threw an alcohol-filled liver down the floor; thing went from solid to powder...yeah, it's that scary...so it's a good thing I quit early and avoided the mess. some people don't know it yet, but their days with that beer bottle are numbered.

Aggression
11-02-11, 9:00 am
Its all about balance. None of my best friends hit the gym. After work or on weekends, they're all about pounding beer and eating shit foods. Are they enjoying life and having fun? Sure. I pick my places with them. Do I join them every single time and get hammered? No. But if they're doing something fun, then I'll make sure my priorities are in order before meeting up with them. If my training is done and my food is cooked/prepped, then I'll join them in a brew. There's nothing wrong with having a few drinks here and there, or occasionally pulling a long night. But us, as Animals, we know we are a different breed. We have different priorities. Just be sure you don't lose sight of what's important; friendship. This game can be very difficult when traveled alone with no one in your corner.

solomon_caine
11-03-11, 4:01 am
Its all about balance. None of my best friends hit the gym. After work or on weekends, they're all about pounding beer and eating shit foods. Are they enjoying life and having fun? Sure. I pick my places with them. Do I join them every single time and get hammered? No. But if they're doing something fun, then I'll make sure my priorities are in order before meeting up with them. If my training is done and my food is cooked/prepped, then I'll join them in a brew. There's nothing wrong with having a few drinks here and there, or occasionally pulling a long night. But us, as Animals, we know we are a different breed. We have different priorities. Just be sure you don't lose sight of what's important; friendship. This game can be very difficult when traveled alone with no one in your corner.

true. it will all depend on how we manage ourselves. It's a good thing my best friend and I just meet up in the morning and go home in the afternoon. we both removed nightlife from our equation in our goals. he's a powerlifter and I'm a bodybuilder. we may be different but the methods by which we strive for our goals are pretty much the same. you're correct about having no friends behind you. I just make sure I pick my allies apart from my acquaintances.

oh yeah, thanks for replying, bros. much appreciating the needed support.

Aggression
11-03-11, 8:17 am
true. it will all depend on how we manage ourselves. It's a good thing my best friend and I just meet up in the morning and go home in the afternoon. we both removed nightlife from our equation in our goals. he's a powerlifter and I'm a bodybuilder. we may be different but the methods by which we strive for our goals are pretty much the same. you're correct about having no friends behind you. I just make sure I pick my allies apart from my acquaintances.

oh yeah, thanks for replying, bros. much appreciating the needed support.

Right on. Its great to have someone with a similar mind/outlook in your corner.

solomon_caine
11-04-11, 5:56 am
hope you don't mind me asking....

have you guys thought about doing an ABC tour here in the Philippines? was just curious. we're only a few known men in the sport but was hoping we could learn a thing or two if you were to do a tour here.

Aggression
11-04-11, 8:47 am
hope you don't mind me asking....

have you guys thought about doing an ABC tour here in the Philippines? was just curious. we're only a few known men in the sport but was hoping we could learn a thing or two if you were to do a tour here.

We have a Philippines chapter, right here: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?14051-Philippine-Animals

Hit up that thread and post up in it. See if you can gather some interest for an ABC, bro.

solomon_caine
11-05-11, 1:47 pm
thanks for the link, bro! much appreciated!