PDA

View Full Version : Legs Question

TinyHulk
11-03-11, 2:34 pm
Hey brothers,

I had my 2nd Acl replacement in May...I think the it was done May 28th or something like that. I Have full ROM all ready and feels great. This time I opted to have a cadaver used. The doc said no open chain exercises...but I'm done with my PT. I am squatting and deading at 4 @ 12 at 225...

My question is do you think I can open these lifts up since my knee is feeling stable. I see the Doc 12/27 and I think he is gonna let me start jogging then.

Thanks in advance.

Aggression
11-03-11, 3:19 pm
I would just be very cautious. There have been countless times where Doctor's tell their patients that they'll never walk again, never squat again, never compete again, and they do. But just take it little by little. I won't go against the advice of your doc, but just be careful.

RageKage
11-03-11, 3:34 pm
I would just be very cautious. There have been countless times where Doctor's tell their patients that they'll never walk again, never squat again, never compete again, and they do. But just take it little by little. I won't go against the advice of your doc, but just be careful.

Dude, take it easy. Go for reps over weight, and push it that way and only that way; until first of year

C.Coronato
11-03-11, 4:11 pm
Its all about how you feel. I had that surgery back in March. I wouldnt mess around with it too much, but you can not baby it forever. Did you re-tear the same ACL because you were messing around too early after the first surgery?

TinyHulk
11-03-11, 6:58 pm
Nope I completely tore my ACL both times. First time was back in 07 and I used my own redone for it. I had surgery in may with a cadaver and the healing time is like cut in half. It took about 10 months to jealous.the 1st. At the 10th month the doctor released to do whatever. The second tear was a freak accident. I was literally turning around to run and that did it no impact no cutting nothing just a turn.

P Diesel
11-03-11, 9:35 pm
give it time homey...its like the last thing u wanna here but this game is about longevity. u can be the baddest dude on the panet but if u fuck urself permanently no one will ever get to see u shine. stick with the lighter weights. it will take sum time to be back to 100%. Aggression is right bro...he knows his shit. Doctors will always lean toward the side of caution, bt when it comes down to it u gotta know ur body and feel it out for urself. But like i said give it sum time, its a marathon not a sprint. BE SMART

TinyHulk
11-03-11, 10:26 pm
Heres what I'm thinking the DOC didn't give much reason behind his logic...but this is what I'm thinking.
Externally the knee is great and stable except for resetting my knee cap as needed. Its strong and Even my muscles quad/hams are good they are smaller than my left but after two ACL replacement its gonna take years to equal them back out. I think the doc is waiting to see if the donor graft will come back to life I think the scientific term is revascularization. Right now I think that is the stage I am at. Its just hard trying to be patient esp when the knee feels so good..ya know?

BTW all the doc said is not open chain lifts or jogging/cutting.

TinyHulk
11-03-11, 10:30 pm
give it time homey...its like the last thing u wanna here but this game is about longevity. u can be the baddest dude on the panet but if u fuck urself permanently no one will ever get to see u shine. stick with the lighter weights. it will take sum time to be back to 100%. Aggression is right bro...he knows his shit. Doctors will always lean toward the side of caution, bt when it comes down to it u gotta know ur body and feel it out for urself. But like i said give it sum time, its a marathon not a sprint. BE SMART

I wanted a brace this time..ya know its twice now lol...Here was our convo.
Doc - Why do you want a brace.
Me - I dont wanna do this a third time.
Doc - Are you afraid to walk on it.
Me - No...
Doc - Get moving then...see you in a month.

The doc said if your not afraid of using it then whats the point of wasting 800 dollars.

TinyHulk
11-04-11, 1:52 am
Well I put on my boots and went for it today...I took off my over shirt to reveal my yellow animal cutoff and what you know...I was approached by another animal and we worked together.

Squats started at 135, 225, 275, and 295 and back down at 12 reps each set.
Leg Press loaded up to 360 and just repped it.
Loaded up the squat machine with 360 and burned out on it.

Felt great to work out hard.