PDA

View Full Version : Huge Program.....intense!

Carrnage
11-07-11, 3:07 pm
Heres Ben Pakulski's Preview of his MI40 training system, love his intense ideas!

http://massintentions40x.com/about-ben-pakulski-mi40/

http://massintentions40x.com/whats-different-about-the-mi40-muscle-program/

Read both links!

Lifting_Is_Life
11-08-11, 11:13 am
Heres Ben Pakulski's Preview of his MI40 training system, love his intense ideas!

http://massintentions40x.com/about-ben-pakulski-mi40/

http://massintentions40x.com/whats-different-about-the-mi40-muscle-program/

Read both links!

Ben's always known for intensity and it's definitely a good read. I've used drop sets but never ran my workout around the number 40. It'll be interesting if anyone else can have the same "NOS" as him doing this workout.

C.Coronato
11-08-11, 12:47 pm
It seems like EVERYONE has their own program now. What happened to simple hardcore training??

Lifting_Is_Life
11-08-11, 1:44 pm
It seems like EVERYONE has their own program now. What happened to simple hardcore training??

Hasn't gone anywhere I think man. He's just taking hardcore training into his own twist to wreak the benefits to the max. Most programs, if I follow any, are hardcore training just taken to that next level. I think it's evolving the sport in a good way, making gains more possible but keeping that long path to whatever our dreams to be still painstakingly obvious and if not, the iron will reteach them that lesson for sure lol.

C.Coronato
11-08-11, 2:26 pm
Hasn't gone anywhere I think man. He's just taking hardcore training into his own twist to wreak the benefits to the max. Most programs, if I follow any, are hardcore training just taken to that next level. I think it's evolving the sport in a good way, making gains more possible but keeping that long path to whatever our dreams to be still painstakingly obvious and if not, the iron will reteach them that lesson for sure lol.

Ehh i personally see it as everyone thinks there is a gimmick or special secret way to do things. These top level pros are selling these young kids a dream. The front of his book says, "Build double the muscle, in half the time." Sounds a bit off to me. Train big, eat big, get big. Thats my program.

Carrnage
11-08-11, 3:27 pm
Ben's always known for intensity and it's definitely a good read. I've used drop sets but never ran my workout around the number 40. It'll be interesting if anyone else can have the same "NOS" as him doing this workout.

Have the same NOS as him? NOS is "Neurological Overload Set", basically on your last working set, doing a triple drop set, forced reps and negatives with a competitive spotter. Ben will explain it better in his upcoming dvd.

Unless your talking about NOS, the stuff that makes you super fast!!!!! lol!!

Carrnage
11-08-11, 3:35 pm

Whats simple hardcore training? Whats simple? Whats hardcore? Doing deadlifts with horrible form and grunting? Most would consider that simple and hardcore.

And everyone has their own program now for the better, it shows your enthusiastic / charismatic they are about bodybuilding/achieving greatness.

Ben's mi40 program is pretty simple as far as exercise selection goes, he knows the angles, intentions to make the muscle fire as optimally as possible. I guess the only thing thats not simple is doing drop sets /forced reps/negatives, which I feel should be instinctive.

I think the words "basic", "simple", "hardcore", are often overused and misunderstood.

Me personally, my whole philosophy behind training for maximum gains is taking a muscle through its whole entire range of motion (meaning various angles), making sure I feel the muscle fire properly, doing high amounts of volume for hormonal benefits not to mention using alot of my muscle glycogen, and I like high volume because it fatigues the muscle enough to grow, and its fucking intense! Also keep my rest periods short, and when im on my game (meaning everything from my nutrition/sleep/stress is under control), ill do intensifiers like drop sets/negatives.

Carrnage
11-08-11, 3:42 pm
Ehh i personally see it as everyone thinks there is a gimmick or special secret way to do things. These top level pros are selling these young kids a dream. The front of his book says, "Build double the muscle, in half the time." Sounds a bit off to me. Train big, eat big, get big. Thats my program.

Train big, eat big only gets you so far. I feel all beginners should have that mindset. But once you have gotten to that point where training heavy without feeling the targeted muscle working(which is what 98 percent of us do in the gym!), and eating a bunch of food does work! Dont get me wrong, I know these forums are themed around the "hardcore meathead", "not overthinking things", "high numbers", but I feel taking more of a scientific way of approaching things makes life so much more interesting and it helps me so much, so when something goes wrong, lets say I hit a plateau or cant sleep or feeling some sort of nagging pain, ill know exactly what to do! Its all for a positive cause, sorry if you dont like it.

Carrnage
11-08-11, 3:43 pm

Thats the spirit bro! Love your attitude/charisma! Thats what bodybuilding needs more of!

C.Coronato
11-08-11, 4:00 pm
Whats simple hardcore training? Whats simple? Whats hardcore? Doing deadlifts with horrible form and grunting? Most would consider that simple and hardcore.

And everyone has their own program now for the better, it shows your enthusiastic / charismatic they are about bodybuilding/achieving greatness.

Ben's mi40 program is pretty simple as far as exercise selection goes, he knows the angles, intentions to make the muscle fire as optimally as possible. I guess the only thing thats not simple is doing drop sets /forced reps/negatives, which I feel should be instinctive.

I think the words "basic", "simple", "hardcore", are often overused and misunderstood.

Me personally, my whole philosophy behind training for maximum gains is taking a muscle through its whole entire range of motion (meaning various angles), making sure I feel the muscle fire properly, doing high amounts of volume for hormonal benefits not to mention using alot of my muscle glycogen, and I like high volume because it fatigues the muscle enough to grow, and its fucking intense! Also keep my rest periods short, and when im on my game (meaning everything from my nutrition/sleep/stress is under control), ill do intensifiers like drop sets/negatives.

I disagree that you have to have a program to be enthusiastic or charismatic about achieving bodybuilding greatness. Just like the same reasoning behind every young buck thinking they NEED a guru or someone to tell them exactly when to rest or how much weight to lift. How could that all be the same, from person to person? Bens program states:

"As will be explained in the program, 40 days has been proven to be the most optimal amount of time to adapt to any new training program (6weeks). 40 seconds is the ideal amount of “Time under Tension”(TUT) to illicit muscular hypertrophy. 40 seconds rest is the ideal amount of time to allow your CP and ATP Glycolytic energy pathways to recover before the next set (these are the energy pathways that drive muscular contraction of fast twitch muscle fibers which are responsible for growth!)."

That seems a little absurd to me. MAYBE that worked for him specifically, but what else came into play with how he did it. Who is going to say that is the ideal way to train for everyone?

How is basic and simple overused, or misunderstood? Its pretty cut and dry right there. I am in no way condoning or saying poor form or eating like shit is the way to grow. Proper form, especially starting out, is ideal.

Train big, eat big only gets you so far. I feel all beginners should have that mindset. But once you have gotten to that point where training heavy without feeling the targeted muscle working(which is what 98 percent of us do in the gym!), and eating a bunch of food does work! Dont get me wrong, I know these forums are themed around the "hardcore meathead", "not overthinking things", "high numbers", but I feel taking more of a scientific way of approaching things makes life so much more interesting and it helps me so much, so when something goes wrong, lets say I hit a plateau or cant sleep or feeling some sort of nagging pain, ill know exactly what to do! Its all for a positive cause, sorry if you dont like it.

Whats science? Someone with a degree that made a hypothesis and tested it on 20 people to say this is legit, and the best way to do things? I also 100% disagree that train big and eat big gets you so far. I know plenty of guys, myself included, have come a long way with the mindset. I have the trophies and lift numbers to prove it. If im not growing, I eat more, I train heavier, and I rest better. People, not only on these forums, over think and complicate things entirely too much.

Carrnage
11-08-11, 4:19 pm
I disagree that you have to have a program to be enthusiastic or charismatic about achieving bodybuilding greatness. Just like the same reasoning behind every young buck thinking they NEED a guru or someone to tell them exactly when to rest or how much weight to lift. How could that all be the same, from person to person? Bens program states:

"As will be explained in the program, 40 days has been proven to be the most optimal amount of time to adapt to any new training program (6weeks). 40 seconds is the ideal amount of “Time under Tension”(TUT) to illicit muscular hypertrophy. 40 seconds rest is the ideal amount of time to allow your CP and ATP Glycolytic energy pathways to recover before the next set (these are the energy pathways that drive muscular contraction of fast twitch muscle fibers which are responsible for growth!)."

That seems a little absurd to me. MAYBE that worked for him specifically, but what else came into play with how he did it. Who is going to say that is the ideal way to train for everyone?

How is basic and simple overused, or misunderstood? Its pretty cut and dry right there. I am in no way condoning or saying poor form or eating like shit is the way to grow. Proper form, especially starting out, is ideal.

Whats science? Someone with a degree that made a hypothesis and tested it on 20 people to say this is legit, and the best way to do things? I also 100% disagree that train big and eat big gets you so far. I know plenty of guys, myself included, have come a long way with the mindset. I have the trophies and lift numbers to prove it. If im not growing, I eat more, I train heavier, and I rest better. People, not only on these forums, over think and complicate things entirely too much.

Making a program is only a way to show off your enthusiasm, not the only way.

Ben's program has been tested on many natural athletes, anything can work, will Ben's program work? Most likely. There is no ideal way to train, if Ben says its ideal and has evidence it is, all the power to him! See my point?

Basic/simple/hardcore is the words everyone tends to use and mis use, what is the true definition or basic/simplehardcore anyways?

Carrnage
11-08-11, 4:23 pm

Whats science? Dunno if your serious? lol

Did he test it on 20 people? I dont know, but he has tested it on many athletes. Is this the best way to do things? I dunno, you tell me. Did Ben say it was? Then it was a marketing "catch phrase", you understand marketing right?

And I know plenty of guys who have gotten big just by eating big and training like shit aswell, but those guys are the guys nobody looks up to or wants to be like. Not to mention those guys for some reason never seem to improve as far as bodybuilding goes aswell. Its always good to keep on learning.

Like Vinnie G says, once you think you know it all, is the day you stop learning.

C.Coronato
11-08-11, 4:35 pm
Making a program is only a way to show off your enthusiasm, not the only way.

Ben's program has been tested on many natural athletes, anything can work, will Ben's program work? Most likely. There is no ideal way to train, if Ben says its ideal and has evidence it is, all the power to him! See my point?

Basic/simple/hardcore is the words everyone tends to use and mis use, what is the true definition or basic/simplehardcore anyways?

Of course people are going to believe that this is the program that got him to look the way he did. And of coruse it will work, they are still training weights. Is it ideal, who knows? But thats him selling the dream, for him to make money. People already look up to any IFBB pro, because of who they are. How many of them follow a program, better yet, how many of them have their own new unique program, that revolutionizes fitness? Do YOU see my point? Do you really believe he times his training sessions for 40 seconds, then takes 40 seconds off? I doubt it.

I guess everyone has there own definition of basic and simple.

Whats science? Dunno if your serious? lol

Did he test it on 20 people? I dont know, but he has tested it on many athletes. Is this the best way to do things? I dunno, you tell me. Did Ben say it was? Then it was a marketing "catch phrase", you understand marketing right?

And I know plenty of guys who have gotten big just by eating big and training like shit aswell, but those guys are the guys nobody looks up to or wants to be like. Not to mention those guys for some reason never seem to improve as far as bodybuilding goes aswell. Its always good to keep on learning.

Like Vinnie G says, once you think you know it all, is the day you stop learning.

Im pretty sure any IFBB pro or top level amateur you ask, generally most of them are going to say eat big and grow. Ask OX, House, Wycked, Vinny G, Machine or anyone else you can find. The only reason this program is going to sell is because Ben is a big name pro with a following. Do you think if you introduced this exact same program, it would sell just as much, simply because you said their was "science" behind it?

I agree that we can all continue to learn, those words never came out of my mouth and im not against programs at all. I know many guys who are strong as shit off of 5/3/1 or DC training, and i know equally the same amount of guys who are strong with absolutely no programs, no authentic training, no anything.

Carrnage
11-08-11, 9:26 pm
Of course people are going to believe that this is the program that got him to look the way he did. And of coruse it will work, they are still training weights. Is it ideal, who knows? But thats him selling the dream, for him to make money. People already look up to any IFBB pro, because of who they are. How many of them follow a program, better yet, how many of them have their own new unique program, that revolutionizes fitness? Do YOU see my point? Do you really believe he times his training sessions for 40 seconds, then takes 40 seconds off? I doubt it.

I guess everyone has there own definition of basic and simple.

Im pretty sure any IFBB pro or top level amateur you ask, generally most of them are going to say eat big and grow. Ask OX, House, Wycked, Vinny G, Machine or anyone else you can find. The only reason this program is going to sell is because Ben is a big name pro with a following. Do you think if you introduced this exact same program, it would sell just as much, simply because you said their was "science" behind it?

I agree that we can all continue to learn, those words never came out of my mouth and im not against programs at all. I know many guys who are strong as shit off of 5/3/1 or DC training, and i know equally the same amount of guys who are strong with absolutely no programs, no authentic training, no anything.

Your point is actually the point I was trying to get acrossed in the first place haha, just re-phrased in a different/similar matter. My bad C! Sorry if it sounds like im trying to argue.

Joe J
11-09-11, 4:39 pm
I clicked the link, saw the tagline 'twice in the muscle, in half the time' and closed it pretty fucking quick.

If you need ridiculous taglines like that to try and promote your program, then it's not even worth looking at in my book.

C.Coronato
11-09-11, 4:50 pm
Your point is actually the point I was trying to get acrossed in the first place haha, just re-phrased in a different/similar matter. My bad C! Sorry if it sounds like im trying to argue.

Hahaha no problem at all big bro. We all have differences, but glad to see we can battle, make our points, and move on haha.