PDA

View Full Version : Days 1-6 WABDL Worlds

Tiny1102
11-09-11, 8:07 pm
Team Texas Power Station starts very strong. My Special Olympian and my blind athlete took first in the bench and dead-lift. Bobby(Special Olympian) lifted in the 220, but weighed only 199, benched 259 and almost 303 and pulled 523.

Tiny1102
11-09-11, 8:09 pm
I had 3 police officers and all three won first in the bench and dead-lift. They also all got World Records for both.

Tiny1102
11-09-11, 8:10 pm
Also, my Master 61-67 took first in the dead-lift.

Tiny1102
11-09-11, 8:13 pm
Day 3 started a little ruff. We had our first bomb in the Class I division. I also had another lifter in the Class I and he won and broke the World Record in his class.

Tiny1102
11-09-11, 8:21 pm
Also on day three, our SHW in the Class I won first in the bench.

Carrnage
11-09-11, 8:59 pm
cookies me want cookies

Tiny1102
11-09-11, 9:50 pm
cookies me want cookies

I like cookies.

never_2_big
11-09-11, 10:43 pm
Strong results man... Love seeing some older guys get up there and show the young cats what's what in the power game!

Tiny1102
11-09-11, 11:17 pm
Strong results man... Love seeing some older guys get up there and show the young cats what's what in the power game!

Yes, watching my Master lifter pull over 400 easy at 165 in very inspiring.

Tiny1102
11-09-11, 11:27 pm
I forgot, we also had another Class I lifter place 2nd in the bench and dead on this day.

Solid Dreams
11-09-11, 11:38 pm
Congratulations Tiny!

Tiny1102
11-09-11, 11:39 pm
Again, we had a slow start. I had one female lifter in the 47-53 age group. This was her first Worlds and she was terrified at first and missed her opener. She weighed in at 132 and opened with 121 on bench. After missing her opener, I raised her next lift to 132 with out telling her. I raised the lift, because she had a hard time touching and I thought this would help. I then walked up behind her in the warm-up room and scared the crap out of her. After she screamed, I then said, now that we have that out let's have some fun. She then made her 2nd lift. We then jumped to 158, but she just missed locking it out. She finished 3rd. We then got our next World Champion and record holder. He won the bench and broke the World record in the Sub-Master 33-39 at 198. Only bad news is, we made a mistake on the paperwork. The Sub-Master was supposed to be on the team for points, but a mistake was made putting the new lifter on the roster. We tried to change it before they both lifted, but we could not.

Tiny1102
11-09-11, 11:55 pm
It is Saturday and my turn to lift, but first I had two lifters on the team to go ahead of me. First lifter bombed a few days before. On this day he enter the open 220 double-ply and made up for his bomb. Making all his lifts and getting records, but the bad news is, only his bomb out counted. He was not on the roster for points on this day. That was our only bomb on the team roster. Next lift was our Master 40-46 at 148. He lifted great and finished with a new World Record. I was up next. As many of you know I have been having issues with my shoulder. I went to therapy just about everyday before I flew to Reno. Taking a week off from work really help. I have to do a lot of lifting at work and it puts a lot of stress on my shoulder. I also did not get a lot of time to work with my new shirts before I left. Rushing to break them in caused a slight tear on the sleeves. I actually made a call the night before asking Inzer if he thought it would hold. He said he could not say without seeing it. He asked if I had a back up. I said no, but it was my fault for rushing breaking them in. Anyway, I was going to open with 854 for a new record, but decided to move down to 804. 804 would give me a easy win and points for the team. I noticed while warming up that I needed to open higher and I did. I made a very easy 832. I then decided to jump to 909. During the lift, what I was worried about happen. My right sleeve blew out. I then changed shirts and raised my 3rd lift to 959. I was hoping to make my 909, take a shot at 959 and jump to 1080 no matter what. When I missed the 909 things changed. Now I only get one more lift, unless I make my third. On my third. my shirt held up, but I threw the bar into the rack when I heard some popping. My shirt was fine. I should have locked the weight out. Once you get a blow out, things change.

Tiny1102
11-10-11, 12:24 am
I also did the big surprise on Saturday. I pulled, yes I said it. I pulled. It would be the first time ever for me to pull at the Worlds. I am not going to lie. I was alittle bit nervous. I decided to open with 611. It would have been a new Texas Class I record, but I could only lift in the Open on this day. I would have had to pull on Wednesday and bench on Saturday. I did not want to pull before I bench. Still I opened with my personal best. I then took a shot at the Open State record, but both attempts I got about half way up. I forgot to mention, for the team I lifted in the Master 40-46 and added 20 points for my first place. I placed 2nd out of 5 lifter in the dead, but overall I was very happy. My pull was not on the roster for the team. We also had two other lifter place second and third in they're divisions.

Tiny1102
11-10-11, 12:28 am
We only had one lifter. This day was all the teenagers. Our lifter was 19 and he was hoping to to bench 300 at 123. He would finish first, but he missed two lifts at 278. His opener won.

Tiny1102
11-10-11, 12:29 am
Congratulations Tiny!

Thank you