PDA

View Full Version : Love this article!!!!!!!

Carrnage
11-12-11, 11:45 pm
Badass article!!

http://www.leanliving.ca/10_Client_Misconceptions.html

D-Kev
11-13-11, 1:50 am
I liked the article, though could anyone explain this quote from it?

"and meat and potatoes aren’t a good food combination - but that’s for another blog"

What is wrong with meat and potatoes?

If he's talking about restaurant style, where they load both with butter\salt etc...I can understand that.

A lean steak and potato is a staple meal...

Carrnage
11-13-11, 7:03 pm

"and meat and potatoes aren’t a good food combination - but that’s for another blog"

If he's talking about restaurant style, where they load both with butter\salt etc...I can understand that.

It was most likely just a analogy to explain something is another blog. I dont think he actually meant "meat" and "potatoes". Just using them as a analogy.

Best way I can explain it bro!

PORTERHOUSE
11-13-11, 10:42 pm
I like it, and I agree with pretty much all of it, but 2 lbs of muscle in 1 week? I don't believe that. That would put you on pace to gain 8 lbs of muscle a month, and 96 lbs a year... of muscle. Granted it would be pretty hard to sustain growth like that, but either way, you can't have a plan that is so awesome it will put 2 lbs on you in one week and none in the following weeks.

If that's possible, this guy needs to spend more time writing an article about how to gain 2 lbs of muscle a week, because on that plan we're all going to be competing in the 2012 Olympia.

Carrnage
11-14-11, 12:14 am
I like it, and I agree with pretty much all of it, but 2 lbs of muscle in 1 week? I don't believe that. That would put you on pace to gain 8 lbs of muscle a month, and 96 lbs a year... of muscle. Granted it would be pretty hard to sustain growth like that, but either way, you can't have a plan that is so awesome it will put 2 lbs on you in one week and none in the following weeks.

If that's possible, this guy needs to spend more time writing an article about how to gain 2 lbs of muscle a week, because on that plan we're all going to be competing in the 2012 Olympia.

Anything is possible my friend! Just a matter of "knowing how".

GUNS
11-14-11, 5:39 am
Thats a big part of this board. Most of the guys on here are not of the "knowing how" kind! But even at some point the gains are going to stop. Or we would be seeing 400 lb shredded guys on the O stage. 2lbs a week is BS for I would bet 99% of this board!

GUNS
11-14-11, 5:52 am

He is absolutely saying meat and potatoes are bad combination. This article is BS in my eyes. This is not for people trying to gain muscle size. This article is for the person trying to stay as lean as possible, all the time, hence "lean living"! That is why he does not like carbs. And as he states, carbs meaning "grains - pasta, crackers, bread, cookies, cereals, etc." I guess it has some good points, this will keep you healthy, and this will keep you lean. Other good points are supplementation, time in the gym, training for the sport your in, and cheat meals.

I dare any of you to come off "carbs" and the "knowing how's", and see if you can gain 2lbs a week consistant. Like I said, BS!

GUNS
11-14-11, 6:01 am
Better article!

http://www.leanliving.ca/Oct_9_2011_-_Ben_Pakulski.html

PORTERHOUSE
11-14-11, 9:19 am
Anything is possible my friend! Just a matter of "knowing how".

Thats a big part of this board. Most of the guys on here are not of the "knowing how" kind! But even at some point the gains are going to stop. Or we would be seeing 400 lb shredded guys on the O stage. 2lbs a week is BS for I would bet 99% of this board!

So you guys know how to gain 2 lbs of muscle a week? Prove it.

GUNS
11-14-11, 1:22 pm
No man, I don't. Thats my point. Thats why I say BS.

PORTERHOUSE
11-14-11, 1:53 pm
No man, I don't. Thats my point. Thats why I say BS.

Alright my bad man, I misread that. I thought you were implying you knew something that 99% of us didn't.

Carrnage
11-14-11, 5:30 pm

The 2lbs a week thing was either a marketing thing or reality, if it was reality, im guessing it didnt last too long. Its possible, but like you said we would have 400lb shredded guys.

Common guys use common sense! haha

Carrnage
11-14-11, 5:33 pm
He is absolutely saying meat and potatoes are bad combination. This article is BS in my eyes. This is not for people trying to gain muscle size. This article is for the person trying to stay as lean as possible, all the time, hence "lean living"! That is why he does not like carbs. And as he states, carbs meaning "grains - pasta, crackers, bread, cookies, cereals, etc." I guess it has some good points, this will keep you healthy, and this will keep you lean. Other good points are supplementation, time in the gym, training for the sport your in, and cheat meals.

I dare any of you to come off "carbs" and the "knowing how's", and see if you can gain 2lbs a week consistant. Like I said, BS!

Yep, hes more so trying to make people healthy / lose weight. But none the less, a bodybuilder can defiantly take a few things from these "health" experts into their life.

Carrnage
11-14-11, 5:33 pm
Better article!

I think I posted that one a while back, hmm oh wait no I think it was a different forum site I posted that one, pretty awesome huh?

PORTERHOUSE
11-14-11, 7:38 pm

Common sense is why we said we didn't believe it.

PORTERHOUSE
11-14-11, 7:47 pm
Better article!

Yea this is a better article, I have seen it posted here before, so carrnage, maybe it was this forvm.

I'm not so sure about #7, fats don't turn into stored energy on your body any quicker than carbs or protein... fat storage is all about excess calories, regardless of source. Obviously fats are more energy dense, but you accommodate for that by being in control of your diet.

I think society has fucked up by naming them fats, they need to be called lipids or oils. People are drawing connections that aren't there. I see not wanting fat immediately post because it digests so slow, but not because fats magically turn to stored energy.

Carrnage
11-14-11, 10:17 pm
Yea this is a better article, I have seen it posted here before, so carrnage, maybe it was this forvm.

I'm not so sure about #7, fats don't turn into stored energy on your body any quicker than carbs or protein... fat storage is all about excess calories, regardless of source. Obviously fats are more energy dense, but you accommodate for that by being in control of your diet.

I think society has fucked up by naming them fats, they need to be called lipids or oils. People are drawing connections that aren't there. I see not wanting fat immediately post because it digests so slow, but not because fats magically turn to stored energy.

Agree with that one, #7 was more of a opinion from Ben rather than a fact.

Carrnage
11-14-11, 10:19 pm
Common sense is why we said we didn't believe it.

huh

lol

PORTERHOUSE
11-15-11, 10:04 am
Agree with that one, #7 was more of a opinion from Ben rather than a fact.

yea that's what it's all about I guess, we've all got our opinions.

PORTERHOUSE
11-15-11, 10:09 am
huh

lol
All right.

When we said we didn't believe him, it was largely due to "common sense", even though right here:

you are implying we need to use our common sense to figure out that was bullshit, even though we both called bullshit on it already.

NJC_Manhattan
11-15-11, 5:11 pm
Ya boy Coach Mike laid it down. Though I think some of his claims aren't supported by science, still an interesting read.

Carrnage
11-16-11, 5:12 pm
All right.

When we said we didn't believe him, it was largely due to "common sense", even though right here:

you are implying we need to use our common sense to figure out that was bullshit, even though we both called bullshit on it already.

My bad im just confused lol

Howitzer
11-18-11, 2:30 am
I think the biggest issue I have with this article is the guy's hatred of cardio. Telling football players to only lift and stay away from cardio? I bet there's a reason a lot of football stars are dropping dead in their 50s. Should a balance between weights and cardio be found? You bet. Should we sacrifice one completely for the other? I think that's a load of horse shit.