PDA

View Full Version : Got Bullies?

solomon_caine
11-18-11, 7:32 am
Was anyone in this FORVM, if ever, during their childhood, bullied? I happen to be a morally and mentally recovered victim of such. I'm just in this for a conversation and hopefully gain a few friends. Thanks guys. Relay everything and I'll take it in as lessons. Much love, fellas.

Go Away
11-29-11, 6:17 pm
Yeah most definitely happened to me as a kid. Up until about 8th grade when the high schoolers got out at different times and I was the oldest in middle school. It was brutal - not on some video taping beatings type stuff, but definitely was picked on constantly without any support from any of my peers since my friends didn't live in the same neighborhood as me.
It was tough for a while - Nintendo and I built a very strong bond rather quickly because of it.
I actually talked with a family friend who was a sensei at a local dojo and quit football to start taking lessons. Once I learned how to throw a punch my confidence soared...
I finally built up the courage to confront these two kids at the bus stop before school and they shoved me and I dropped the smaller of the two right as the bus pulled up. They scheduled a beat down for right after school and when we got dropped off I went after the little one again an he ran off... Leaving just me and the bigger kid. We scuffled, he fell and I pummeled him until some random stranger pulled his truck over and broke it up.
It stopped the pushing, name calling, item taking and sports excluding.
Not to advocate violence as being a good problem solver, but for that instance it certainly benefited me greatly.
Wow, memories....

korn_fed
11-29-11, 6:28 pm
Was anyone in this FORVM, if ever, during their childhood, bullied? I happen to be a morally and mentally recovered victim of such. I'm just in this for a conversation and hopefully gain a few friends. Thanks guys. Relay everything and I'll take it in as lessons. Much love, fellas.

Fuck yea mate, from the time i was a little kid, maybe 4 or 5, up until about high school, I was the chubby kid with the rosy cheeks. I got pushed around all the time, slapped, got shit stolen from me, etc. Then high school came, I grew about 2 feet, and started lifting. I became a monster... needless to say many of the kids that fucked with me when I was little came up and apologized to me, then went on to ask me for advice on how to get big.

Brick By Brick
11-29-11, 7:08 pm
I got picked on in high school, but I had a smart mouth and knew how to stick up for myself. Rarely does anyone give me crap anymore, though.

wedge
11-29-11, 7:13 pm
Yeh, before I hit the weights I was your typical 150 lb soaking wet shy kid that was always picked on. Nothing overtly physical, more mental and pushed around.
Now that I've put on 60 lbs, every time I run into former tormentors, they seem to want to be friends...

Brick By Brick
11-29-11, 7:16 pm
Yeh, before I hit the weights I was your typical 150 lb soaking wet shy kid that was always picked on. Nothing overtly physical, more mental and pushed around.
Now that I've put on 60 lbs, every time I run into former tormentors, they seem to want to be friends...

Yeah, I'm excited to go back to my 25 yr high school reunion and tell some people to f off.

solomon_caine
11-30-11, 2:35 am
Yeah, I'm excited to go back to my 25 yr high school reunion and tell some people to f off.

speaking of reunions, there's one my friends are telling me to attend to. some high school reunion in the school where I didn't finish high school but people consider me as a "legend"...yeah, right...taking a dump in church doesn't make you a legend.

going to the topic, I can't believe what I just saw. I thought I was the only guy who got mentally and physically tormented from prep to first year. it's no wonder I had to stop to take some time off and get myself mentally focused. thankfully, my father introduced me to bodybuilding. from that day forth up to the time I'm writing this thread, I haven't given up the sport...even with a slight hemorrhoid attack. Once I recover from this insanity, I'll get back to the gym and resume what I started long ago.

I'm hoping I could see more stories. they're really motivational because I can relate to the situations you once experienced.

walk tall, brothers!

breakdown47500
12-03-11, 2:14 am
Hi buddy, just to share with you.

I use to be tall, skinny-fat, 180lbs, who wasn`t good at any sports or anything for that matter. I use to get bullied alot in high school. Other students would come and break my desk in classroom, spit at me, take my school bag and throw all my books out on the hall way. All this damaged my self esteem and hurt me real bad.

Fast forward 7 years of pure hardcore training and dieting, I am now 6'2, 200 lbs, 12% bodyfat, got a degree in law and am currently at a law firm.

Bumped into the few bullies a year back or so and they were shocked with how I look. And what was so amazing is that they were so friendly towards me.

Whatever you went through when you were younger is only going to set you up for a much brighter future ahead.

Stay safe.

solomon_caine
12-03-11, 9:17 pm
Hi buddy, just to share with you.

I use to be tall, skinny-fat, 180lbs, who wasn`t good at any sports or anything for that matter. I use to get bullied alot in high school. Other students would come and break my desk in classroom, spit at me, take my school bag and throw all my books out on the hall way. All this damaged my self esteem and hurt me real bad.

Fast forward 7 years of pure hardcore training and dieting, I am now 6'2, 200 lbs, 12% bodyfat, got a degree in law and am currently at a law firm.

Bumped into the few bullies a year back or so and they were shocked with how I look. And what was so amazing is that they were so friendly towards me.

Whatever you went through when you were younger is only going to set you up for a much brighter future ahead.

Stay safe.

I'll take this in mind. Same goes for me too. People started keeping their distance as a sign of respect whenever I ran into old numbskulls. Hope you can get me out of a rut if I run into any legal problems. lol. thanks, man. I apologize too because here I thought I was the only person who had a bad run in high school. Seems you had worse.