PDA

View Full Version : The Gladiators... Are You One?

J-Dawg
03-07-07, 12:13 pm
Are you a Gladiator? Have you been hardened by battle in the arena, in front of an audience? If you're a competitive bodybuilder or powerlifter who has placed well in national level shows or meets, we want to recognize you as the warrior that you are here in The Forvm... What you will earn is a special avatar and title as a mark of distinction. If you are interested in joining the elite ranks of The Gladiators, post your credentials here and PM me. Few who apply will earn this high honor--your accomplishments must be great and noteworthy.

Those of who have joined the ranks of The Gladiators...

IronLeague
Naturally Huge
BigGuy345
eric downey
Thunder-Thighs
grissinger
Joshua F
Herdz
mcfly
Mr. Aestheticz
BEASTOFRAGE
Big Rich
bigbadwolfe
CarrieAnnSimmons
D-Rock
Joey D
JUGGERNAUT
Kathy Fields
NPC Chicka
PJ BRAUN
Rexor91
ryan o'neal
ToddZilla
tommygun
TXPWRLFTR
BigWides
Joshua F
Ashley_Brand
IRBS
Young&Hungry
Beast Genetics
Cstlfx
Mikey132
BigChrisF
alphagrrrrl
REV220

Mr.Totality
03-07-07, 1:52 pm
Are there particular lifts that would qualify us? Just curious, I dont think I am there yet, but I might just take a shot at it

Universal Rep
03-07-07, 3:42 pm
Are there particular lifts that would qualify us? Just curious, I dont think I am there yet, but I might just take a shot at it

As I've been told, no. You need to have placed well at a couple high level national shows/meets...

IronLeague
03-08-07, 1:41 am
I hope to take an overall title in 2008...

I'm honored to rock this title with the upmost pride.

Respect,
IronLeague

Big Jawn
03-08-07, 2:08 am
I can list some records or whatever if I need to...

J-ROCK

J...someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but as you already have the "Pro" title under your name, as well as the Animal avatar, you would have to lose that so it could be changed to "Gladiator".

Your choice I suppose?

J-ROCK
03-08-07, 2:17 am
I didn't even notice to be honest....

Universal Rep
03-08-07, 9:20 am
J...someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but as you already have the "Pro" title under your name, as well as the Animal avatar, you would have to lose that so it could be changed to "Gladiator".

Your choice I suppose?

"The Pros" is a higher title than "The Gladiators", just as "The Watchmen" is a greater distinction than "The Henchmen". Regardless, congrats to J-Rock and to IronLeague for their respective titles...

Mr.Totality
03-08-07, 10:23 am
OK then I will have to bow out now. Not there yet. I am waiting till 40 for the masters division. Soon to be gladiator damn it

Iron Buster
03-08-07, 1:41 pm
Well I'm competing for the THSPL State Championship in Texas. This meet will be held 2 weeks from now. These are my numbers:

Squat: 445
Bench: 320
Deads: 465

Right now I'm weighing in at 150.2 but will need to shred to 148.5 for the weigh in in Abiline,TX. Hopefully my number (1230) will go up at least 25-30lbs. It'd be cool to be crowned this one guys. peace

ryan o'neal
03-08-07, 5:14 pm
Are you a Gladiator? Have you been hardened by battle in the arena, in front of an audience? If you're a competitive bodybuilder or powerlifter who has placed well in national level shows or meets, we want to recognize you as the warrior that you are here in The Forvm... What you will earn is a special avatar and title as a mark of distinction. If you are interested in joining the elite ranks of The Gladiators, post your credentials here. Few who apply will earn this high honor--your accomplishments must be great and noteworthy.

IronLeague

2006 SPF NATIONAL CHAMPION 165lb class, bench press
World record holder in 165lb class (Southern Powerlifting Federation)
PLUSA top 100 in 165 class, bench press

BigGuy345
03-11-07, 12:10 am
Nationally ranked bench presser
Junior Division
SHW
National Record- 424.5 lbs- 192.5kg
Personal competition best- 451 lbs- 205 kgs

National record holder in USAPL- drug free lifter and will stay that way for life.

Big Jawn
03-11-07, 1:05 am
Nationally ranked bench presser
Junior Division
SHW
National Record- 424.5 lbs- 192.5kg
Personal competition best- 451 lbs- 205 kgs

National record holder in USAPL- drug free lifter and will stay that way for life.

Props to a fellow IPF lifter.

T_N_Muscle
03-19-07, 7:54 pm
Are you a Gladiator? Have you been hardened by battle in the arena, in front of an audience? If you're a competitive bodybuilder or powerlifter who has placed well in national level shows or meets, we want to recognize you as the warrior that you are here in The Forvm... What you will earn is a special avatar and title as a mark of distinction. If you are interested in joining the elite ranks of The Gladiators, post your credentials here. Few who apply will earn this high honor--your accomplishments must be great and noteworthy.

IronLeague
Naturally Huge

DID MY FIRST SHOW AT THE AGE OF 46 YEARS OLD, AFTER ONLY LIFTING FOR ONE YEAR. IT WAS A NATIONAL QUALIFIER HERE IN VEGAS, AND I PLACED THIRD

2 YEARS LATER DID THE MUSCLE BEACH CHAMPIONSHIP AND WON MY DIVISION ( WOMENS HEAVYWEIGHT) AND CAME IN SECOND OVERALL

Thunder-Thighs
03-20-07, 3:44 am
Well here are my credentials.

Weight: 205lb
Height: 5' 9"

in competion bests

Bench Press: 300lb (raw)
powerclean: 315lb (raw)
deadlift: 625lb (raw)
I hold Northwest Indiana state record in deadlift. And state record in totals.

My best squat ever with knee raps: 600lb.
Hope my lifts are enough to be a Gladiator. NO PAIN NO GAIN hit them hard boys cause tha weights hve no problem beating you to a bloody puple

Toni69
03-20-07, 4:36 am
"The Pros" is a higher title than "The Gladiators", just as "The Watchmen" is a greater distinction than "The Henchmen". Regardless, congrats to J-Rock and to IronLeague for their respective titles...

I just noticed their new avatars this morning..so guys...big congrats! Now I have a new "pro" to bother and IronLeague...well, I always bother you anyway..LOL

You guys always rocked in my eyes anyway...didnt need an avatar to impress me with all you have accomplished and the type of knowledge and expertise you bring to the table. Either way...congrats and I look foward to seeing more posts and threads from you both!

IronLeague
03-20-07, 12:16 pm
I just noticed their new avatars this morning..so guys...big congrats! Now I have a new "pro" to bother and IronLeague...well, I always bother you anyway..LOL

You guys always rocked in my eyes anyway...didnt need an avatar to impress me with all you have accomplished and the type of knowledge and expertise you bring to the table. Either way...congrats and I look foward to seeing more posts and threads from you both!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, Toni........you made me blush... lol

Toni69
03-20-07, 3:22 pm
IronLeague...I would love to see you blush! LOL...hahahaha!

JUGGERNAUT
03-20-07, 6:59 pm
(had to move my post here, guess I don't listen either..) 2 2nd place spots, why second both times? Because the same guy in both my natural shows, who was juicing hard crossed over from Open to Novice where I was. This was a long time ago, ever hear of the AAU? I hope to compete in the Masters division in the next 2 years. For now it's Powerlifting for the most part with heavy bodylbuilding moves thrown in. I competed at 156lbs now 210 long after...... Goal 225 not sloppy, then diet. 5'6" Who gave me the idea to compete? that's right... a Female BB. I kept to myself at the gym and used to think people that looked in the mirror had an ego, she taught me that the mirror was not to look at yourself as much as it was to look at who you were and if you were ready. Animals come in all shapes and sizes let me tell you. Nothing but respect for that girl to this day.

eric downey
03-27-07, 11:14 pm
Eric Downey
5'8" 225 lbs
In my first meet I broke the APA state record with a 470
I won the apa national drug tested title in 05. Since then I've been just training in 5 weeks I look for a 650+

Then in aug I chase the big man himself JH where ill compete in the kings of bench qualifer.

dIdDy
04-02-07, 4:31 am
(had to move my post here, guess I don't listen either..) 2 2nd place spots, why second both times? Because the same guy in both my natural shows, who was juicing hard crossed over from Open to Novice where I was. This was a long time ago, ever hear of the AAU? I hope to compete in the Masters division in the next 2 years. For now it's Powerlifting for the most part with heavy bodylbuilding moves thrown in. I competed at 156lbs now 210 long after...... Goal 225 not sloppy, then diet. 5'6" Who gave me the idea to compete? that's right... a Female BB. I kept to myself at the gym and used to think people that looked in the mirror had an ego, she taught me that the mirror was not to look at yourself as much as it was to look at who you were and if you were ready. Animals come in all shapes and sizes let me tell you. Nothing but respect for that girl to this day.

I hear ya. "When I look in the mirror, it is not in vainity, but scrutany." -me

BigAnt
04-07-07, 7:29 pm

AAU..Hell yeah!

I did the AAU America in 1995, when it was drug tested in Wshington, DC.
18 guys in my class, I got third!

JUGGERNAUT
04-09-07, 11:05 am
Good shit Big Ant, it was so primitive back then and I miss the rawness of it all. They seemed to rent the oddest places to hold their events, like anything goes just as long as the show goes on kinda thing. I just found a tape of one of my events but you can all be sure never to see that haha! 3rd in 18 huh? Great work man...just went down stairs to look at the dates on the Trophies...both in 1989 The Northeastern and Champions of America in PA, still have the medals and everything, wow I'm old.

BigAnt
04-10-07, 12:17 am
Good shit Big Ant, it was so primitive back then and I miss the rawness of it all. They seemed to rent the oddest places to hold their events, like anything goes just as long as the show goes on kinda thing. I just found a tape of one of my events but you can all be sure never to see that haha! 3rd in 18 huh? Great work man...just went down stairs to look at the dates on the Trophies...both in 1989 The Northeastern and Champions of America in PA, still have the medals and everything, wow I'm old.

Yeah I did the AAU Champions of America, (Larry Factor of Champions Gym in Colmar, PA promoted it) Northeastern USA (at Fisher's Tuder house in Bensalem, PA) Mike Charnick's Eastern Seaboard and Mr. New Jersey.
Mike Charnick is still promoting shows, I won his Mr. Jersey on 10/14/06 in Vineland, NJ

Remember Dave Mayor, he was always judging...

AAU stopped bodybuilding becuase the year after I did the America (1996) a competitor sued becuase he tested positive in the urine test. He said it was not an accurate test and swore he was clean...It got to be a big mess....Real ugly for the AAU...was all over the magazines.

Greg Long, Joe Bucci, Bruce Quinn are some guys who I trained with, helped me back in the day...all were great AAU Bodybuildrs....

And you can't forget Peter Lareau, Joe Meeko, Benny Poda and Tim Belknap--some more of the greats!

BigAnt
04-10-07, 12:31 am

I bet we competed with each other...I was in the Medium Tall class....

Remember height classes?

Universal Rep
04-10-07, 1:54 pm
Congrats to the new Gladiators. Welcome aboard fellas.

BigAnt
04-10-07, 8:08 pm

hit me with a pm

we can talk old school training/contests..

where do you train now?

Big Rich
04-12-07, 2:55 pm
I'm not sure if this qualifies me or not.
I am a member of the NAS - North American Strongman - and have competed on a local level in the Chicago (Platinum Level), Fox Cities (Gold Level), and NE Wisconsin Strongman (Pro-Am Level) events.
I compete in the MW or Masters class.
It's tough to compete against these young guys now since some contests do not have a Masters class, but I always give them a run for their money!
Gladiator?
Hell yes!

TXPWRLFTR
04-18-07, 10:43 pm
2006 NASA USA Nationals 242 class winner
2007 West Texas Bench Press Classic and Expo...benched 465 to win

D-Rock
04-25-07, 6:11 pm
I'm not really sure if this qualifies me or not seeing as how it's not related to lifting. I was a serious bodybuilder for 3 years but I switched that focus to MMA ( mixed martial arts)

I recently competed in the NAGA World Championship ( North American Grapplers Association) The worlds largest submission fighting circuit.

January 1st 07' I was 221lbs.
On Saturday April 21st I fought at 196.8lbs in the cruiser weight division.
I won my weight class.

So I figured I'd drop my name in the pile for this distinction of honor.

BEASTOFRAGE
05-24-07, 12:46 am
i currently do full meets and bench only meets

Competition History: 1997 TIGER BENCH CLASSIC, FIFTH PLACE(TEEN DIVISON) 250 @ 220
1999 SOUTHERN STATES BENCH PRESS CHAMPIONSHIP, SECOND PLACE(TEEN 265 @ 242)
1999 LION'S DEN BENCH PRESS CONTEST, FIRST PLACE(TEEN 285 @ 242)
1999 LION'S DEN DEADLIFT CONTEST, FIRST PLACE(TEEN 430 @ 242)
1999 WNPF ALABAMA STATE CHAMPION(TEEN 420-300-460 @ 242)
2000 WNPF ALABAMA STATE CHAMPION(JUNIOR 450-300-510 @ 242)
2000 USPF ALABAMA STATE CHAMPION(JUNIOR 450-320-515 @ 275)
2000 MAXWELL/GUNTER POWERLIFTING MEET (NOVICE 450-320-540 @ 242)
2001 BILL KAZMAIER BENCH PRESS MEET (NOVICE 340 @ 275)
2002 APA BENCH PRESS MEET (JUNIOR 405 @ 250 IN 275 CLASS)
2003 WABDL RIVERFEST BENCH PRESS & DEADLIFT MEET( JUNIOR 451 BENCH @ 275; JUNIOR 633 DEADLIFT @ 275)
2006 SPF ALABAMA STATE (OPEN 720-535-705 @ 308)
2006 APF ALABAMA STATE (OPEN 750-545-710 @ 308)
2006 APF NORTH GEORGIA STATE(OPEN MEN 308S BENCH @ 567)

i have a bench meet comin up followed by a full meet in september...
TB

JUGGERNAUT
05-25-07, 6:14 pm
I bet we competed with each other...I was in the Medium Tall class....

Remember height classes?

I was in the short class haha mmm and I'm not any taller today LOL

Beast1
05-27-07, 11:35 pm
2005 100% Raw Powerlifting Nationals - Full Power
242,came in at 223, Mens Open 1st & Mens Junior 1st
Squat - 450, 480, 510
Bench - 300, 0, 0
Deadlift - 460, 490, 520
Total - 1330

Only my 3rd comp., I don't think I did too bad with training myself and no supportive gear.

TxSquat
06-10-07, 3:13 pm
Weight-208
Height-5'9"
Age-18

At the THSPA
Bench-325
Squat-650
Deadlift-500

PRs
Bench-325
Squat-650
Deadlift-550

Wonder what this is going to get me

poppa flex
06-10-07, 10:25 pm
19 years old 165lb
IPA records
565 squat
375 bench
1445 total

19 years old 181lb
400lb bench press record

mite as well throw that in there too

herdz
12-02-07, 3:20 pm
20 yr old
193lbs

bench 225x3
leg press 1000x5
squat 325x3
stiff leg deads 255x8
deads 365x2

June 19- 4th at Canadians- Junior Devision at 168lbs
Oct 27- Won 1st BB Comp- Junior devision at 168lbs, 4th in Mens Open Middle weight

AnabolicMass02
12-27-07, 10:18 am
I am doing my first NPC amateur bodybuilding competition on May 3, 2008. I will compete in the light heavyweight division.

paintrain69
01-08-08, 7:36 pm
congrats to all the gladiators...gotta couple questions for the top dogs runnin the show...this is just national records and not state records...what about if im still in high school and still break a bench record statewide or nationwide record...cause march 8 im lookin to break the 155 bench press record for the state of ohio in high school it's 285 raw...and then the national/american record for my weight class in NASA is...330 with a single ply bench shirt...and if i keep bustin my ass ill go for the world record at 405 with a bench shirt...because im def. lookin to get on this fuckin gladiator list...thanks brothers

boysrepublic
01-11-08, 1:59 pm
Im Not In Any Competitions, Meets, Sports Or Anyhting. Whilst I Support And Respect Each And Every Animal That Is Dedicated To That World, I Lift For Different Reasons. I Lift To Control My Anger And For Relief From Stress Of Life... I Lift For Meditation And To Gain The Discipline To Overcome Personal Obstacles And To Be A Stronger Person Mentally And Physically!

I Emphasize That I Support The Bodybuilders That Compete, I Personally Dont Care Much For All That, But What Is The Point Of Badges And Labels If We're All Equal Animals In This Forvm? So You Only Get A Badge Or A Label If You Prove It To The World?

Maybe Im Misunderstanding... I Apologize If I Come Off Negatively, Its Not My Intention... Im Just Curious?

J-Dawg
01-11-08, 2:45 pm
Im Not In Any Competitions, Meets, Sports Or Anyhting. Whilst I Support And Respect Each And Every Animal That Is Dedicated To That World, I Lift For Different Reasons. I Lift To Control My Anger And For Relief From Stress Of Life... I Lift For Meditation And To Gain The Discipline To Overcome Personal Obstacles And To Be A Stronger Person Mentally And Physically!

I Emphasize That I Support The Bodybuilders That Compete, I Personally Dont Care Much For All That, But What Is The Point Of Badges And Labels If We're All Equal Animals In This Forvm? So You Only Get A Badge Or A Label If You Prove It To The World?

Maybe Im Misunderstanding... I Apologize If I Come Off Negatively, Its Not My Intention... Im Just Curious?

I sense no disrespect here bro. You ask a very valid question. We all do belong to one brotherhood and are all Animal's in many aspects-- we all have that same underlying love for the sacrifice that goes into striving to be the best that we can each and everyday. However, each of us may be at different parts of our journey-- some are just beginners, others are semi-experienced, while some have made it a bit further than the rest of us in the competition realm and have acquired a special knowledge along the way. Because of the knowledge that these folks have accumulated from training specifically to compete, I think it's important to reward them for their hard work that they performed by taking it to a whole other level. By competing, and taking the step to compete, which takes some major balls -- they have acquired extra knowledge along the way, which I think is important to show to others. By seeing the title "Gladiator", we know that if we ever think to compete, we can ask them for advice, as we they have battled in that arena before. Hope that helps to address your question.

krazyassmexican
01-11-08, 2:55 pm
in my understanding the gladiators are pros or amateurs
in any of the branches of this bad ass sport

strongman, powerlifting bodybuilding

but they can have THE PROS
tittle since they are not sponsored by universal

boysrepublic
01-11-08, 2:58 pm
I sense no disrespect here bro. You ask a very valid question. We all do belong to one brotherhood and are all Animal's in many aspects-- we all have that same underlying love for the sacrifice that goes into striving to be the best that we can each and everyday. However, each of us may be at different parts of our journey-- some are just beginners, others are semi-experienced, while some have made it a bit further than the rest of us in the competition realm and have acquired a special knowledge along the way. Because of the knowledge that these folks have accumulated from training specifically to compete, I think it's important to reward them for their hard work that they performed by taking it to a whole other level. By competing, and taking the step to compete, which takes some major balls -- they have acquired extra knowledge along the way, which I think is important to show to others. By seeing the title "Gladiator", we know that if we ever think to compete, we can ask them for advice, as we they have battled in that arena before. Hope that helps to address your question.

Right on, I think i was lacking to understand the rewarding aspect of the hole subject. Perhaps your right... A different REALM it is, just as my reasons for this life style are different. Testicular fortitude is not relevant tho, i think accepting a certain challenge and overcoming it by CHOICE is a better definitoin.

NONE THE LESS, I SUPPORT ALL COMPETITORS/ ANIMALS 100%!

kcinnitram91
05-16-08, 10:10 pm
I benched 325 raw in a competition last year. Does that qualify me? I placed 1st in the teen division and 3rd in the men's novice. I also deadlifted 405 3 years ago in the same competition. I placed 1st in the teens then as well. Either way I will be competing in my first bodybuilding competition in early 09' so if it doesn't then thats cool.

J-Dawg
10-13-08, 8:25 am
Bumping for updates.

RooRooTJ
10-13-08, 9:19 am
Bumping for updates.

I'll try to get it this weekend when i go for the overall

Mr. Dead
11-06-08, 3:21 pm
Bumping for updates.

Missed my WNBF pro card by 6 places... Maybe next show...

Joshua F
11-11-08, 9:35 pm
Are you a Gladiator? Have you been hardened by battle in the arena, in front of an audience? If you're a competitive bodybuilder or powerlifter who has placed well in national level shows or meets, we want to recognize you as the warrior that you are here in The Forvm... What you will earn is a special avatar and title as a mark of distinction. If you are interested in joining the elite ranks of The Gladiators, post your credentials here and PM me. Few who apply will earn this high honor--your accomplishments must be great and noteworthy.

IronLeague
Naturally Huge
BigGuy345
eric downey
Thunder-Thighs
grissinger
Joshua F
Herdz
mcfly
Mr. Aestheticz
BEASTOFRAGE
Big Rich
bigbadwolfe
CarrieAnnSimmons
D-Rock
Joey D
JUGGERNAUT
Kathy Fields
NPC Chicka
PJ BRAUN
Rexor91
ryan o'neal
ToddZilla
tommygun
TXPWRLFTR
BigWides

Sorry, I didn't see this earlyI'm so consentrated on my prep. for Atlanta but thanks for naming me a Gladiator. Believe me it's a true honor!!! I hope i won't let you guys down in Atlanta next week. I've been busting my ass off.....

Ashley_Brand
11-20-08, 12:09 am
Nationally Qualified - 2x Figure Champion - undefeated in my class
1 time being from the 2nd biggest show in my region....

7 more relentless months and we'll be lookin' at the Jr. Nationals stage.

Congrats to all the Gladiators who have made the cut already!

Supe527
11-27-08, 11:55 pm
Philip "supe527" Maranto

In my second meet ever, back in 2003, i broke the state record in the DL for WABDL in an old Z Suit. THe record is now 578.8lbs @ 198. I weighed 193 when I set this record.

In 2005 I set the world bench record for AAU in the 220lbs class. I benched 480 (in a single Rage X) for the record and 1st place in the Junior Olympics. I weighed 208 for this meet.

I'm currently training to beat my own PR of 625lbs @ 222lbs (in a single Katana) in the UPA La state meet. I've hit 700 a few times in the gym, but just haven't been able to put it up in a meet yet.

I'm also currently started training heavy in a squat suit again. I'm shooting to squat upper 700's in a meet sometime next year!

Rage
02-05-09, 2:47 pm
Thanks J-Dawg...I made it in!

Mr. Dead
02-05-09, 2:49 pm

About damn time!!! *LOL*

Elite
02-05-09, 2:51 pm

It suits.
Tho your title should be 'Worlds tallest 5ft 10" man'.

Rage
02-05-09, 3:09 pm
About damn time!!! *LOL*

It suits.
Tho your title should be 'Worlds tallest 5ft 10" man'.

LOL..

Ashley_Brand
02-06-09, 4:58 pm
Glad to join the group :) STTOOKKED!

J Wong
03-21-09, 4:40 pm
1st place in APA florida state championship meet in 16-17 year old division, 198 weight class

455 squat,445 deadlift,290 bench..

Hold APA world record for squat and total in age division...

Bigger numbers to come.

eric downey
03-21-09, 5:06 pm
1st place in APA florida state championship meet in 16-17 year old division, 198 weight class

455 squat,445 deadlift,290 bench..

Hold APA world record for squat and total in age division...

Bigger numbers to come.

nice numbers bro

J Wong
03-21-09, 5:09 pm
nice numbers bro

Thanks man, they all have gone up since then too. Gonna drop to 181 if I can do the next APA meet at the end of April and break some more records and have bigger numbers then I did at 198.

IRBS
03-24-09, 3:39 pm
SPF Alabama State
275 Open Men's

Squat: 675
Bench: 500
Deadlift: 575
Total: 1750

1st place at 275, Qualified for Nationals

ghost
03-24-09, 3:42 pm
SPF Alabama State
275 Open Men's

Squat: 675
Bench: 500
Deadlift: 575
Total: 1750

1st place at 275, Qualified for Nationals

That's fucking awesome man, congrats!

Young&Hungry
03-24-09, 9:03 pm
Competed at the Connecticut High School State Open's this past Saturday.

BW - 193
Squat - 475
Bench - 275
Power Clean - 275

It was an unsanctioned meet by the major federations obviously but it is the premier high school for the state of Connecticut and has been taking place for over 25 years. I competed in the 181-200lb weight class with 72 other competitors in my weight class (about 550-600 overall) and won the power clean, placed second in the squat, fourth in the bench press, and won first overall and the title of state champion. My 1025 total is the #3 total in the history of the competition for my weight class. If you have any questions about the validity of the meet or lifts please hit up Boar on the Forum, he was handling me all day.

Beast Genetics
04-11-09, 6:30 pm
I am currently holding a 425 raw bench and training for "the biggest Bench on the River" in New Roads,LA I will open with a 500lb. bench and finish near 600lbs.

My current bench PR is and equipped 585lb. bench

I competed and took first place in a SPF (southern powerlifting federation) meet in Pascagoula,MS in Nov. of '08 and I am the current state record holder for Louisiana in the SPF in my weight division. I test myself every week, this is my life!!!

BigChrisF
04-23-09, 7:11 pm
2008 ADFPF National Championships
won 145 kg weight class
won Best Lifter by formula

2008 WDFPF World Championships
won 145 kg weight class
6th place overall by formula

2009 ADFPF National Single Event Championships
Won 145 kg equipped squat, bench, and deadlift
Won 145 kg unequipped squat and deadlift
Won Best Lifter for both squats and deadlifts by formula

I also hold ADFPF American and National Records for all three lifts in the 145 kg and 145+ kg class and total records for all together 12 records, I think.

Records can be viewed here: http://www.adfpf.org/Top%20Lifters.htm

Ashley_Brand
06-13-09, 2:27 pm
This gladiator will be representin' next weekend at Jr. Nationals!!

J Wong
08-16-09, 6:43 pm
hmm I'll give it another try...

1275 raw @ 198

490/305/480

Did this at the Raw United D&D Powerlifting Extravaganza on 8/15/09

BryanSmash!
08-30-09, 10:06 am
Reading through these posts, I see lots of great competitive Powerlifters, Bodybuilders, Figure champions, Cage Fighters, and Strongmen.
My question is that is there any room here for us grip specialists to qualify as a Gladiator? If so, could you identify the standards?
There's no trophies or prestigous contests in this arena, but the universal standard of grip strength is generally accepted as the Captains of Crush grippers, with an official close of the #3 being most widely acknowledged.
My current PRs with these grippers are:
#2.5 (237.5lbs) x5
#3 (280lbs) 80% close

ForearmFreak
08-30-09, 10:18 am
Only one meet under my belt which was in the IPA and my lifts were:
Squat 445
Bench 340
Dead: 515
Totaled: 1300

I competed in the Amature RAW Junior 220lb class and weighed in at 212lbs. I broke 2 records in this meet. I now hold the squat and total record. I plan on getting the other two in my next meet which is going to be in December.

J Wong
10-03-09, 10:01 pm
Another try!

515 Squat, 310 Bench, 475 deadlift for 1300 raw @198

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPtCO04uZxQ

Cstlfx
12-12-09, 10:38 pm
I'll throw my hat in the ring. I have great ambitions, why not start here?

June 6th 2009 = 1st place Junior Raw 242 Division, Raw United Southeast Regionals: 470, 290, 470-1230

Oct. 24th 2009 = 1st place Junior Raw 275 Division, APF OBB Fall Classic: 530, 340, 530-1400

Dec. 5th 2009 = 2nd place Junior Raw 275 Division, Raw United Nationals: 530, 325, 550-1405

Mikey132
04-12-10, 6:41 pm
2004 USAPL Senior National champion in 123lb. class. 2005 USAPL Junior National champion in 132lb. class. 2005 International Powerlifting Federation (I.P.F.) Junior Worlds Silver Medalist. 2008 USAPL Senior Nationals Lightweight Best Lifter. 2008 IPF Junior Worlds in South Africa, gold medalist in 132lb. class. 2009 IPF Open Bench Worlds, gold medalist in 132lb. class. 2009 USAPL Senior Nationals 132lb. champion. I also have a bunch of ADAU Raw records but thats alot to put in here. Best gear lifts Squat:622 Bench:475 Deadlift:430. Best Raw lifts Squat:560 Bench:360 Deadlift:430

J Wong
04-26-10, 9:58 pm
Just had a meet on the 10th...575 squat, 335 bench, 535 deadlift for a 1445 total

J Wong
06-27-10, 3:03 pm
Just had a meet on the 10th...575 squat, 335 bench, 535 deadlift for a 1445 total

Up this to 580/345/540 for 1465@220 on 6/20

Cstlfx
06-27-10, 6:10 pm
Up this to 580/345/540 for 1465@220 on 6/20

Dont forget, you were the best Teen lifter! Hence the katana you were awarded.

BigChrisF
06-28-10, 4:00 pm
Another one

2010 ADFPF Nationals
I won 145 kg weight class
I placed 2nd overall by formula

alphagrrrrl
07-07-10, 1:32 pm
SPF Nationals
1st place 930 total
womens raw shw
sq-405
be-185
de-340

my total puts me at #5 in the nation over all federations and my squat is ranked #2 over all federations.

Universal Rep
07-07-10, 1:41 pm
Another one

2010 ADFPF Nationals
I won 145 kg weight class
I placed 2nd overall by formula

Better late than never, BCF... Now change your sig, haha.

Congrats to the new Gladiators. Wear your avy with pride.

Mr. Dead
07-07-10, 1:42 pm
Better late than never, BCF... Now change your sig, haha.

Congrats to the new Gladiators. Wear your avy with pride.

Nice!!! HUUUGE congrats, to the new Gladiators!!!

BIG BEN
07-20-10, 5:17 am
It feels weird to try and come up with a brag sheet but I’m just putting this together and hopefully it’s enough to earn the title… 2 time Washington state high school state powerlifting champion with a 1490 lb total as a senior in the 181 lb class, 2008 WABDL World Deadlift Champion teen 18-19 division and a 644 (filmed) world record in both the 198 18-19 teen division and 198 law fire open men, 2009 WABDL World Deadlift Champion teen men 18-19 division with two new world records 672 (filmed) and 683 (filmed) respectively weighing 192, after which being placed on the cover of Powerlifting USAs Feb 2010 edition, ranked #1 in June Powerlifting USA top 100 teen 18-19 deadlift, 705 lb WABDL WA state record junior men 220 class (filmed), at the Olympia Washington Great Northwest Bench and Deadlift Championships held on 7-17-10 which also happened to be the highest pull of the meet regardless of age group, weight class, or coefficient I weighed in at 208. Outstanding lifter award at the WABDL Great Northwest Bench and Deadlift championships for the last three years, two in the teen division and the most recent in junior men. 2009 WABDL World outstanding teen Deadlifter award, USPF 2009 Gresham Oregon meet 220 junior men first place, and outstanding lifter award with the 2nd highest total of the meet next to professional Mark Bell. 650 Raw gym lift dead, 605 Raw gym squat, 705 equipped single play gym squat, 405 single ply bench at 200lbs, 315x9 raw bench (filmed), 315 completely raw power clean (filmed), multiple local meet victories. Have taken first in every Powerlifting competition I’ve participated in since 2006 at state my sophomore year in High school when I took 3rd lifting Raw against 9 single ply competitors. In the upcoming year I plan on breaking the junior men 220 world record deadlift in November pulling 751.6 at the WABDL Worlds less than 1 month after turning 21… if anyone doubts my credentials or would just like to see some of my record or training vids check out my youtube page at http://www.youtube.com/user/Rev198. and for official record and placing verification visit the WABDL website at http://www.wabdl.org/... I’m frequently drug tested and 100% natural, All in all this post makes me feel kind of pretentious so I apologize if I come across as such, and also for it’s length…

Seath308
08-29-10, 5:39 pm
Hey My name is Ben Seath I'm 20 years old and I'm a Powerlifter. I lift in the 275 and 242 weight class. The last meet I did was in march it was WABDL Nationals I Won both the teenage divisions and class 1 men division. Was also rewarded the "Best Lifter Award" for both Bench Press and Deadlift and broke a World Record in bench press (507 pound ) Right now I'm focusing on my RAW lifting. I have a meet coming up on September 18th I'm going to be competing in both the Junior and Open divisions and I will be Breaking all the Junior National Records with my Openers. My main goal is to Total 1750 RAW that would Rank me Top 10 on powerliftingwatch.com's Overall ranking for any age. After this meet I have a meet lined up in Santa Clarita California USAPL(November 6th) I'm using this meet to qualify me for the Arnold classic's USAPL RAW challenge (March 4). Then USAPL NATIONALS in August This is the meet where I plan on Breaking a 2000 pounds Raw Total. I would be honored to have animal by my side during My Journey to becoming one of the BEST Raw and Single ply-ed Powerlifters of all-time.

Also here is a link to my youtube account where I post the videos of my training.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRoad2Recovery220?feature=mhum

Also a link to my latest video of a 635 squat RAW for a double

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zyfUtX4aKU

Firedrake
09-13-10, 8:52 pm
Great work and meets, Ben!

Mr. Dead
09-28-10, 3:35 pm
Hopefully, one day... I'll earn this title, as well...

Merat
10-19-10, 4:47 pm
Hey fellas, been a while since I posted in the forums, since then ive done the following:

Won the BPC British Powerlifting championships in the 148.5lbs weight class
Won the BPC UK Open in the 148.5lbs weight class

I will be competing in the WPC World Powerlifting Championships held in Finland in november, 18-19yrs old 148.5lbs class

Hope this is worthy enough of being a gladiator :)

Heres a vid of me in the UK Open
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zNVxtGWw0U

Ive been powerlifting less than a year, the comps above are the only ones I have done.

BryanSmash!
11-13-10, 10:27 pm
SLP Nationals 2nd place bench only submasters 220, 10-30-2010
I'll be competing in the YMCA Midwest Drug Free Bench on Feb 23rd for a state record, and will be doing a full meet in June provided my injuries from a recent accident heal properly.
I train in my garage with no heat in Wisconsin with chains, mismatched plates, and most recently boards while listening to death metal.
Wouldn't have it any other way.
Well, maybe some heat would be nice lol.

Brick By Brick
11-14-10, 7:39 pm
I believe I have enough contests under my belt to finally put in my app as a Gladiator.

Strongwoman Contests:
2008 Mt. Rainier's Strongest Man/Woman, HW, 3rd place
Bending the Bar, NAS sanctioned contest, 2010, HW, 3rd place
Lifting Cars, NAS sanctioned Contest, 2010, HW, 1st place
Qualified and competed in NAS Women's Nationals, 2010, HW, did not place.

Powerlifting:
2008 Western States Fire and Police Olympics, Bench Press Comp, HW, First place.

Highland Games:
Garden Valley Highland Games, Scottish American Athletics Association, Crouch, Idaho, 2010; 2nd place.
Treasure Valley Highland Games/Idaho State Championship, 2010; tied for 3rd.

In addition, won several league and tournament championships as ice hockey as a goaltender from 1998-2004.

J Wong
11-14-10, 9:06 pm
hmm

Just did another meet last weekend: Raw United North American Open, got 1st in the overall 220 weight class with 600/350/560 for 1510. Also got best overall raw lifter and qualified for the raw unity meet. Also broke my own squat and total records in the 18-19 220 division for the raw united federation.

charlievanriper
03-13-11, 8:58 pm
U Rep so when do I get my Gladiator badge of honor bro, first show in the tank Western Nationals ( did really good earned the respect of some of the top Naturals in the Business, My most proud moment ) I earned the right to call myself a Natural Bodybuilder. Next up is a possible date in Birmingham July 19th ( if I can pull together the finances, this is a possible shot at an NGA pro Natural Card), Then The OCB Az Natural in September 2011 ( which will bea shot at The OCB Nationals and a shot at the OCB Grand Masters National Title. Life has just gotten vary interesting.

A Warrior has became an Arena Battle Hardened Gladiator!

J Wong
06-12-11, 7:22 pm
6/11/2011 meet:

615 squat, 405 bench, 610 deadlift, 1630 raw @ 242

Looking to hit 1700 in October.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfmv-VBa8ow

BryanSmash!
06-18-11, 7:44 pm
2011 USAPL Badger Open 06-18-11

Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR3ACtO889I

Write up:1124523

BryanSmash!
07-23-11, 8:24 pm
2011 WABDL Midwest Regional
220 Submasters Class
Vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gisdjI-cF5E
534.5lb Deadlift, 1rst place in my division, set a Wisconsin State record, qualified for Worlds.
Write Up:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?26728-Legend-of-a-Banished-Man&p=1136583&viewfull=1#post1136583

big craig
08-08-11, 2:18 pm
2nd san hose, 2009 and 2nd at l.a. 2010. came in big but needed better conditioning. 15th at usas.270 on stage but conditiining looked better year before

BryanSmash!
10-29-11, 10:51 pm
Son Light Power Nationals 10-30-2010 2nd place Bench Press 320
Badger Open 06-18-2011 3rd place Bench Only 325
WABDL Midwest Regional 07-23-2011 1rst Place Deadlift Only 535
Son Light Power Nationals 10-29-2011 1rst Place Bench Press 365

Brick By Brick
11-01-11, 9:01 pm
Strongwoman Contests:
2008 Mt. Rainier's Strongest Man/Woman, HW, 3rd place
Bending the Bar, NAS sanctioned contest, 2010, HW, 3rd place
Lifting Cars, NAS sanctioned Contest, 2010, HW, 1st place
Qualified and competed in NAS Women's Nationals, 2010, HW, did not place.
Unleash Your Strength, NAS strongwoman contest, HW, 2nd place, 2011.
Parker Days NAS Strongwoman contest, HW 2nd place, 2011.
Colorado State Fair NAS Strongwoman contest, 1st place, 2011.

Powerlifting:
2008 Western States Fire and Police Olympics, Bench Press Comp, HW, First place.

Highland Games:
Garden Valley Highland Games, Scottish American Athletics Association, Crouch, Idaho, 2010; 2nd place.
Treasure Valley Highland Games/Idaho State Championship, 2010; tied for 3rd.
NAHA Idaho Highlander Challenge, 2nd place overall, 2011.

In addition, won several league and tournament championships as ice hockey as a goaltender from 1998-2004.

Mr. Dead
11-13-12, 11:25 am
4 bodybuilding shows.... 2 in the INBF (One was a WNBF Pro Qualifier) and 2 in the military circuit... Soon, 1 in the NPC...

skibasgym
01-17-13, 8:21 pm
everytime we train we can be a warrior or a victim....Warriors always find a way to come out on top.

Skibs
skibasgym carteret

skibasgym
02-08-13, 7:54 pm
The special breed who separate themselves by simply standing out from the crowd to be acknowleged. whether good,bad or great the contestant
who steps foward dares to be a competitor.

Henri Skiba
competing in powerlifting since 1977

skibasgym
03-10-13, 2:59 pm
new cew at Skibas gym
strongman training from bayone

what a crew,pat, burt, tony, adam,Dan and Matt along with drew and kurt were hammering it on stones,sandbags etc.they really bust ass
and wow the volume,
gotta try more as they do
skibs

Firedrake
06-25-13, 2:35 pm
Somehow, I don't think anyone doubts -your- record, Skiba. <grin>

knotahumanbeing
02-20-14, 9:18 am
I consider myself the greek version of the gladiator...a warrior, a spartan through and through not just in the gym against the iron but in this thing we call life. Against the iron? Gladiator, Warrior, Destroyer, Powerlifter, however you want to put it:

1st meet - SPF North of the Border meet: 275 wt class 1st place
515 S
365 B
660 D

SPF No Regrets No Surrender - This weekend
S - TBD
B - TBD
D - TBD

knotahumanbeing
05-05-14, 9:21 pm
I competed in my 3rd meet this past weekend 275 class, 2nd place- USPA Midwest Regional Championships. Did not go completely as planned, but did set some state records and two meet PR's

S - 551 lbs - state record
B - 380 lbs - state record and meet PR
D - 716 lbs - state record and meet PR

Total 1647 - state record and meet PR

Not happy with this total at all, will attempt to blow it up at SPF nationals this summer and then attempt to go after the records again in the fall.

skibasgym
07-04-14, 5:09 pm
Nothing comes easy in this ever changing world.
Look at training some people let the trivials of life interferrre with their progress.
Some allow jobs or gym bullshit interferrre.
The Gladiator is in it for the long haul overcoming everything...
so next time you want to call yourself a gladiator check and see if your fortitude matches
the term...
good luck training.
Skibasgym Carteret

korn_fed
07-04-14, 5:17 pm
2014 NPC Long Island Championships - 1st in teen, 4 in mens open heavyweight (first show)
2014 NPC Atlantic States - 1st in teen, 2nd in mens novie heavyweight
Soon to be competing at teen nationals. Two more weeks!

Enforcer
08-18-14, 1:05 pm
Truly an honor to be considered a gladiator on the Forvm. It was one of my goals when I became a member so many years ago