PDA

View Full Version : Man Up

MR.TeachFreak
11-21-11, 12:41 pm
This would be my third journey but I am choosing to not count my second one as due to health and personal issues that one died out.

Due to those aforementioned health and personal issues I had to take a few months off from the gym. I realized that I was having a flare up of my colitis and if I did not stop being so stubborn and get it healed I would just make it worse. That combined with the school year starting off so bad just killed any motivation that I had. And basically everything compounded together to put me in a place that I did not and should not have been in.

So long story short even with school being so bad (one step away from being fired), and being blamed for situations that I could not control I got my health in check and got back into the gym. It really is a day to day event now with everything else going on with my life but I am focusing on just moving forward and to just keep moving forward. I am looking for a new school for next semester and I have enough support from family now to keep going.

In short it is time for me to man up and just get shit done.

I will post my workout and diet plans later today.

Bruiser
11-21-11, 12:44 pm
Welcome back bro. I'm sorry the way everything was going for you. But it's good to hear that it's turning around. Good luck with the new journey.

MR.TeachFreak
11-21-11, 7:59 pm
Welcome back bro. I'm sorry the way everything was going for you. But it's good to hear that it's turning around. Good luck with the new journey.

Thanks. Lost myself there for a bit but I am back now.

MR.TeachFreak
11-21-11, 11:32 pm
Time for the diet speal.

First off my main focus on getting my diet in check is going to be pretty easy. From now on, with the exception of one meal every Friday, I will only be eating foods that I cooked. Not reheated foods either. I have to cook the foods. Now in the beginning some exceptions will have to be made. I want to eventually get to the point I cook it all like spaghetti sauce and such but that will take time.

I will be allowing myself some condiments but I will also be slowly phasing them out as I can to get back on a much healthier footing.

Once I get the above all figured out and settled then I will worry about getting on a specific diet. Or if the above works for me then I will simply stay on that.

Wycked
11-22-11, 12:36 am
This would be my third journey but I am choosing to not count my second one as due to health and personal issues that one died out.

Due to those aforementioned health and personal issues I had to take a few months off from the gym. I realized that I was having a flare up of my colitis and if I did not stop being so stubborn and get it healed I would just make it worse. That combined with the school year starting off so bad just killed any motivation that I had. And basically everything compounded together to put me in a place that I did not and should not have been in.

So long story short even with school being so bad (one step away from being fired), and being blamed for situations that I could not control I got my health in check and got back into the gym. It really is a day to day event now with everything else going on with my life but I am focusing on just moving forward and to just keep moving forward. I am looking for a new school for next semester and I have enough support from family now to keep going.

In short it is time for me to man up and just get shit done.

I will post my workout and diet plans later today.

Kill it bro all the best on the journey

MR.TeachFreak
11-22-11, 10:34 am
Kill it bro all the best on the journey

Thanks. Just trying to keep moving forward.

zubda345
11-22-11, 1:24 pm
I don't actually know you TF but I hope and pray everything goes fine and all well for you from now on... Good luck Brother. I will surely try to keep in touch... I hope the link of ur journey don't get lost by me....

MR.TeachFreak
11-22-11, 3:49 pm
I don't actually know you TF but I hope and pray everything goes fine and all well for you from now on... Good luck Brother. I will surely try to keep in touch... I hope the link of ur journey don't get lost by me....

Thanks. It is all about just moving forward right now. Gotta leave all the distractions behind.

zubda345
11-23-11, 5:03 am
Thanks. It is all about just moving forward right now. Gotta leave all the distractions behind.

Yupp. It's all about moving forward...

MR.TeachFreak
11-23-11, 11:59 am
Workout Plan

For my new workout system I am going to try and get into a Westside program. But I plan to incorporate some strongman style training into the program. For instance I am planning on buying a plate loaded circus dumbbell from a local manufacturer. I will incorporate this into my ME upper day as my shoulder exercise. I also plan to purchase a fat bar that is pretty cheap that should work out well. He also makes two atlas stones that are cheap and the heaviest is 245lbs and I want to work that in too.

As for cardio I am saving up for a prowler and some addons for it as well. I figured I can use that plus some pure endurance running for my cardio.

MR.TeachFreak
11-23-11, 10:21 pm
No workout today. The superintendent made the teachers stay until 4pm like usual as a workday. So I did not get home until after 8pm due to traffic. Looking for a long as run/walk tomorrow to get it going again.

never_2_big
11-23-11, 10:55 pm
Thanks. Just trying to keep moving forward.

Forward is the only way to go brother... Stand still for too long and you'll soon start moving backwards!

Get uncomfortable!

zubda345
11-24-11, 5:52 am
No workout today. The superintendent made the teachers stay until 4pm like usual as a workday. So I did not get home until after 8pm due to traffic. Looking for a long as run/walk tomorrow to get it going again.

Do u work as a teacher??

MR.TeachFreak
11-24-11, 12:30 pm
Do u work as a teacher??

Yep. I teach high school social studies in a bad part of the town I am in.

MR.TeachFreak
11-24-11, 11:59 pm
Cardio-2.5 mile run/walk

Notes
-Cardio went a little better then I thought it would. Not where I used to be in terms of endurance but that was to be expected. A little cold but it is just something to get used to since I want to start getting up early morning to run in the future.

zubda345
11-25-11, 1:07 pm
Yep. I teach high school social studies in a bad part of the town I am in.

But still u got a Job. U r able to manage food for urself (good food) unlike me

Cardio-2.5 mile run/walk

Notes
-Cardio went a little better then I thought it would. Not where I used to be in terms of endurance but that was to be expected. A little cold but it is just something to get used to since I want to start getting up early morning to run in the future.

that's nice... I love doing cardio in cold weather... Rarely did that.. But I miss it

MR.TeachFreak
11-25-11, 8:26 pm
But still u got a Job. U r able to manage food for urself (good food) unlike me

that's nice... I love doing cardio in cold weather... Rarely did that.. But I miss it

It is a job but its not one that I love anymore due to unsupported administration. But in this economy I will have to stay unless I can get a guaranteed job elsewhere.

Cardio in the cold is ok. I was unprepared but I always feel like I can push myself harder in the cold. Plus its extra motivation. Running faster=warmer.

zubda345
11-26-11, 6:48 am
It is a job but its not one that I love anymore due to unsupported administration. But in this economy I will have to stay unless I can get a guaranteed job elsewhere.

Cardio in the cold is ok. I was unprepared but I always feel like I can push myself harder in the cold. Plus its extra motivation. Running faster=warmer.

well... Money makes the world go round and round... Yeah I also love being somewhat sweaty in while wearing a hood in full cold morning...

MR.TeachFreak
11-26-11, 1:35 pm
well... Money makes the world go round and round... Yeah I also love being somewhat sweaty in while wearing a hood in full cold morning...

True. I just wish I had a little more. I am going to be cutting back on things starting this month to save what money i get. Going to cut off my cable and try and get things as cheap as I can to support my new life changes. And pay my loan.

MR.TeachFreak
11-26-11, 9:51 pm
11/25/11: DE Upper

Bench Press-225/2x3, 245/2x3, 265/2x3, 285/2x3
Standing Military Press-135/2x3, 155/2x3, 175/2x3, 195/2x3
Chest Supported WG Row-205/5x5, 1x2
BB Curl-115/2x3, 135/2x3, 155/2x3, 175/1x3
Weighted Dip-35/4x5

Notes
-Felt pretty good with this workout.
-Still trying to figure out the Dynamic Effort workouts. It seems like with every resource that I look up gives me different information. So for now I will just do what fits and feels good to me.

MR.TeachFreak
11-26-11, 10:52 pm
11/26/11-ME Lower

Squat-385/2,1,1
Rack Pull-430/3,2,1
SLDL-315/2x3

Notes
-Today I focused on getting more reps then I did last week. And I succeeded.
-My butt was coming up a bit too fast on my squats so it is time to add back in my lower back exercises and start emphasizing core again as well. I was not doing lower back since it got so trashed from the combination of squats, rack pulls, and SLDLs.
-Going to also try running every morning during the week. Up at 6am and straight to running and then back, shower, eat, and off to work. Just gotta man up and get it going. Form that habit.

-If anyone is well versed on Westside principals feel free to chime in. As I stated every resource I look at seems to have different facts and ideas in it.

MR.TeachFreak
11-27-11, 11:11 pm
No cardio or gym today. Today was traveling and getting ready for school and getting some grading done.

Tomorrow is the first day. Up at 6am for cardio. Then school, gym, grading, and bed at 11pm. That is going to be the basis for my new habit and schedule to get me through my hell hole of a school. It will change accordingly but will always be M-F up at 6am and bed by 11pm.

zubda345
11-27-11, 11:45 pm
No cardio or gym today. Today was traveling and getting ready for school and getting some grading done.

Tomorrow is the first day. Up at 6am for cardio. Then school, gym, grading, and bed at 11pm. That is going to be the basis for my new habit and schedule to get me through my hell hole of a school. It will change accordingly but will always be M-F up at 6am and bed by 11pm.

Hope it works out good for you my friend

MR.TeachFreak
11-29-11, 3:59 pm
Hope it works out good for you my friend

It went well. Hard just getting up but it will get easier.

MR.TeachFreak
11-29-11, 4:01 pm
11/28/11

Cardio-30 minute run/walk

Notes
-First time was ok. Rough getting up but I am sure it will get easier.
-No gym to day as I had errands to run after school plus going by the License Plate Agency to get a registration since someone jacked the sticker off my truck. Then when I get there I forgot to get cash so it was all for naught.

MR.TeachFreak
11-30-11, 8:22 am
11/29/11

Cardio-Rained Out

Notes
-Was not able to get to the gym since I had a nice long as meeting after school to tell me stuff that I already know. Late enough that the DMV was closed as well and that is something that I can't put off.

zubda345
11-30-11, 1:27 pm
No gym on 28th and 29th nov? man bad days have also been on me... hell I am still going through bad days... Hope ur today goes well... and u post up some workout here...

Good luck

MR.TeachFreak
11-30-11, 2:22 pm
No gym on 28th and 29th nov? man bad days have also been on me... hell I am still going through bad days... Hope ur today goes well... and u post up some workout here...

Good luck

I hope to get in today but I have yet another meeting after school. Then I still have to go by the DMV. Either way I know I am getting to the gym tomorrow for sure.

MR.TeachFreak
11-30-11, 10:56 pm
11/30/11

Cardio- 30 minute run/walk

Gym-None

Notes
-After school meeting once again took way to long and I missed both the DMV and a meal time which screwed me up. But no meeting tomorrow after school so its to the DMV and then to the gym to hit it hard and make up some time.

MR.TeachFreak
12-02-11, 8:22 am
12/1/11

Cardio-30 minute run/walk

Gym-None

Notes
-Apparently we have school wide testing next week and I get to be a test administrator. So yet another meeting that lasted until 5pm. Which also meant no DMV but thankfully the dry cleaners was open until 7pm so I could drop off my suit for my interview next Monday.

MR.TeachFreak
12-03-11, 12:34 pm
12/2/11

Cardio-30 minutes

Gym-None

Notes
-Finally get back from the DMV and suddenly I have no internet. So 4 hours and 3 calls later they finally tell me they can't get out to my place tonight even though it is their techs fault for screwing up. So yeah no gym. I think I am just going to reset my workouts and start over at this point.

MR.TeachFreak
12-04-11, 12:38 am
12/3/11

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Lower

Squat 390/2,1
Rack Pull 435/2
SLDL 325/2,2

Notes
-Good workout. Weights went up and I did more reps then I thought I would. Lower back was pretty well shot after this but next time around I am adding in lower back work once again and I think its going to need extra work.

zubda345
12-04-11, 1:11 pm
12/3/11

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Lower

Squat 390/2,1
Rack Pull 435/2
SLDL 325/2,2

Notes
-Good workout. Weights went up and I did more reps then I thought I would. Lower back was pretty well shot after this but next time around I am adding in lower back work once again and I think its going to need extra work.

FINALLY!!! well done... Think of those no gym days as rest days... U came in strong.... :) good luck with ur lower back work

MR.TeachFreak
12-04-11, 9:43 pm
FINALLY!!! well done... Think of those no gym days as rest days... U came in strong.... :) good luck with ur lower back work

Thanks. I stopped lower back exercises but I think it has coped with the workout finally.

zubda345
12-06-11, 6:26 am
Thanks. I stopped lower back exercises but I think it has coped with the workout finally.

Go for em. and write how it went... I'll b keeping an eye here

MR.TeachFreak
12-06-11, 10:03 pm
12/4/11

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Upper

Incline BP-270/2,2
HS Shoulder Press-140/3,2
BB Row-285/3,3
Dip-40/6,6*
DB Curl-100/2

Notes
-Good day. Not a lot of people so I had my pick of the gym.
-*Dips were done feet on the ground and up. Focusing on the drive up.

MR.TeachFreak
12-06-11, 10:05 pm
12/5/11 & 12/6/11

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Monday was my doctors appointment, and interview so I had a lot to prep when I got back for school. Tuesday I administered a test for most of the day plus had errands to run.
-Got my meds refilled and just noticed that they did not even give me the full 30 days amount. Looks like I have to back at some point and finished out the prescription. I would not have minded if they told me to come back another day but to just give me not enough meds and never a word pisses me off.

Dave TapouT
12-06-11, 11:07 pm
Keep at it bro. Life is a rollercoaster with no hight requirement haha, gotta push out the best you can, give it your all and then a little. thats what its all about! I'll be following along

MR.TeachFreak
12-07-11, 9:20 am
Keep at it bro. Life is a rollercoaster with no hight requirement haha, gotta push out the best you can, give it your all and then a little. thats what its all about! I'll be following along

My main focus right now is just pushing forward. Ignore all the crap and just get to the end goal.

zubda345
12-07-11, 1:01 pm

Right said Dave...

MR.TeachFreak
12-07-11, 11:08 pm
12/7/11

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Had to run more errands again after school to get some stuff fixed plus I had to get some groceries so I could cook my ever evolving recipes. I like where my chicken is at but my spaghetti I added some bacon to see how the flavor adds up.
-Back to cardio and the gym tomorrow. Got a new phone so I think I am going to wake up to Eye of the Tiger.

zubda345
12-08-11, 2:49 pm
Congrats on the new Phone man... BTW which one is it?

MR.TeachFreak
12-08-11, 4:18 pm
Congrats on the new Phone man... BTW which one is it?

The new Droid Razr. Its pretty nice but I still need to mess with it some more to figure it out.

MR.TeachFreak
12-08-11, 11:05 pm
12/8/11

Cardio-None

Gym-DE Lower

Squat-285, 205, 225, 235, 245 (2x3)
Rack Pull-225, 245, 265, 275, 285 (2x3)*
SLDL-185, 205, 225, 235, 245 (2x3

Notes
-*Moved the pin down one hole. Working towards focusing on deadlifts from the floor for awhile. Just gotta find me a cheap deadlift jack to make it easy.
-Lower back was shot again. I think it is because I finally understood the idea behind DE days. It's about bar speed. Exploding and going fast with good form.

MR.TeachFreak
12-10-11, 10:32 pm
12/9/11 & 12/10/11

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-To days off. Mainly due to school and a girl. Part of getting my life back on track. But at least it is a girl that understand the lifestyle. So continuing to keep going forward.
-Back in the gym for a DE upper day. Then Probably hitting the gym Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and then Friday.

zubda345
12-12-11, 2:20 am
The new Droid Razr. Its pretty nice but I still need to mess with it some more to figure it out.

I love droids.... I have the motorola Droid 1... I want that droid razr but it's damn too costly for me

MR.TeachFreak
12-12-11, 11:15 am
I love droids.... I have the motorola Droid 1... I want that droid razr but it's damn too costly for me

I only got it because I had enough discounts and money off. Finally being a state employee got me some benefits.

zubda345
12-12-11, 1:10 pm
well even the things we hate have some advnatages hun....

MR.TeachFreak
12-12-11, 11:07 pm
12/11/11

Cardio-None

Gym-DE Upper

Bench Press-185, 205, 215, 225 (3x3)
Seated Military Press-95, 115, 135, 155 (3x3)
BO Row-205, 225, 235, 245 (3x3)
CGBP-165, 185, 195 (3x3)
DB Hammer Curls-25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 60, 55 (1x3)

Notes
-Good workout. Got in and out. Really starting to feel the new workout regime.

MR.TeachFreak
12-12-11, 11:10 pm
12/12/11

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Lower

Squat-2, 2, 1, 1
Rack Pull-2, 2, 1
SLDL-315/4, 4, 1

Notes
-Might have been able to get one more single on squat but I just could feel my back tightening up. Still a reps PR from the week before.
-Moved the safety bars lower by one pin for rack pulls. Doing this in preparation to get fully back into deadlifting. Also found a small deadlift jack for about $60 to make my life easier.
-Really going to feel it tomorrow I think. Time to start looking into some recovery tools as well. PVC pipe foam roller I am thinking.

MR.TeachFreak
12-14-11, 11:40 pm
12/13/11 & 12/14/11

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Lots of school and other functions. Getting ready to leave for break so I have been getting ready. Back in it tomorrow.

MR.TeachFreak
12-16-11, 8:03 am
12/15/11

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Upper

Incline BP-270/2,2,2,1
Standing Military Press-190/2,2,2
BO BB Row-295/2,2,2
HS Dip-320/2,1,2
DB Hammer Curls-95/2,1

Notes
-Pretty good workout. Still feeling it today.
-Early release today and then off to break and be able to take it easy for once.

zubda345
12-16-11, 10:56 am
How's it going man... Good to see you getting time for gym now a days...

MR.TeachFreak
12-16-11, 12:50 pm
How's it going man... Good to see you getting time for gym now a days...

Somewhere I am finding it. Hopefully I can get on a set schedule after break with less meetings and errands.

MR.TeachFreak
12-18-11, 10:21 pm
12/16/11

Cardio-None

Gym-DE Lower

Squats-195, 215, 235, 245 (2x3)

Notes
-My lower back was in pain and I tweaked my knee from the squats. Next time I will make sure to warm up all the way before I get into it. Will reattempt on Monday or reset the workout.

MR.TeachFreak
12-19-11, 11:01 pm
12/19/11

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Lower

Squat-390/3,1
Rack Pull-405/3,2
SLDL-315/5,4

Notes
-Had a interview this morning. Another one tomorrow morning now.
-Good day. Got into the gym when it was not crowded. Go I was able to get in and get my shit done and get out.

zubda345
12-20-11, 12:50 pm
12/19/11

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Lower

Squat-390/3,1
Rack Pull-405/3,2
SLDL-315/5,4

Notes
-Had a interview this morning. Another one tomorrow morning now.
-Good day. Got into the gym when it was not crowded. Go I was able to get in and get my shit done and get out.

How was the interview?

MR.TeachFreak
12-21-11, 8:24 pm
How was the interview?

They went well I guess. I have not heard anything from the school but I probably won't for awhile. Got another call for a place today.

zubda345
12-22-11, 2:18 am
They went well I guess. I have not heard anything from the school but I probably won't for awhile. Got another call for a place today.

just keep on em man. I search for some jobs and all I could get are full times... Fuck man I need some part times... Shit!

MR.TeachFreak
12-22-11, 4:47 pm
just keep on em man. I search for some jobs and all I could get are full times... Fuck man I need some part times... Shit!

You'll get what you need. Just gotta keep moving forward.

zubda345
12-24-11, 6:45 am
You'll get what you need. Just gotta keep moving forward.

I hope so... Yeah gotta keep movin against the odds!

MR.TeachFreak
12-24-11, 7:13 pm
12/22/11-12/27/11

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-In New York city visiting myvsister for Christmas. So a nice break. Will be back in the gym afterwards and hitting bit hard again.

MR.TeachFreak
12-24-11, 7:14 pm
I hope so... Yeah gotta keep movin against the odds!

As people say "keep your eye on the prize."

zubda345
12-26-11, 2:46 pm
yeah man... Hopes to get that prize(s) is the only thing that keeps me goin every day.

MR.TeachFreak
12-28-11, 2:51 pm
yeah man... Hopes to get that prize(s) is the only thing that keeps me goin every day.

That is motivation enough right there.

MR.TeachFreak
12-28-11, 10:47 pm
12/28/11

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Back from NYC but now my body decided to get sick with a sore throat. Hurts to swallow which really curbs my appetite.

MR.TeachFreak
12-29-11, 11:27 pm
12/29/11

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Still sick today. Not as bad but lingering enough that I don't want to make it worse by working out. Should be healed up tomorrow I hope.

zubda345
01-01-12, 12:04 pm
You healed up now man???

MR.TeachFreak
01-01-12, 5:02 pm
You healed up now man???

Healed up nicely but my gym was closed yesterday and today. So I got a nice long break this time. Going to hit it hard tomorrow through Thursday to catch up.

MR.TeachFreak
01-03-12, 10:46 am
1/2/11

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Lower

Squat-405/1,1,1
Rack Pull-425/1,1
Good Mornings-165/4,4,4,4
SLDL-335-2,2

Notes
-Huge PR on the squat. I can't remember I time that I actually squatted 405. Even high school they used some weird 3 rep max calculator. I squatted 315 three times and it calculated that my one rep max was 405. So not the best calculator.
-Started doing good mornings to work on my lower back. Went light because I was not sure what my back could take after Squats and Rack Pulls. Felt good so I will increase the weight some more next time.

MR.TeachFreak
01-03-12, 9:53 pm
1/3/12

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Upper

Incline Bench Press-275/2,2,1
Push Press-195/1,1
BO BB Row-295/2,1
HS Dips-340/1,2,1
DB Hammer Curls-100/2,1

Notes
-Good workout. Felt pretty good after the layoff.
-Getting really stressed out again. Just had my classes for school changed and I got my honors classes taken away. Seems my principal has it out for me.

zubda345
01-04-12, 2:07 pm
Healed up nicely but my gym was closed yesterday and today. So I got a nice long break this time. Going to hit it hard tomorrow through Thursday to catch up.

1/2/11

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Lower

Squat-405/1,1,1
Rack Pull-425/1,1
Good Mornings-165/4,4,4,4
SLDL-335-2,2

Notes
-Huge PR on the squat. I can't remember I time that I actually squatted 405. Even high school they used some weird 3 rep max calculator. I squatted 315 three times and it calculated that my one rep max was 405. So not the best calculator.
-Started doing good mornings to work on my lower back. Went light because I was not sure what my back could take after Squats and Rack Pulls. Felt good so I will increase the weight some more next time.

Great man, I heard that these calculators work for some and for some they are just SHITY lol :P

"Squat-405/1,1,1" Means you did 3 sets 1 rep each, right? Great man awesome PR. Keep up the good work :)

MR.TeachFreak
01-05-12, 8:27 pm
Great man, I heard that these calculators work for some and for some they are just SHITY lol :P

"Squat-405/1,1,1" Means you did 3 sets 1 rep each, right? Great man awesome PR. Keep up the good work :)

Yep. Its weight followed by the reps.

MR.TeachFreak
01-05-12, 9:48 pm
1/5/11

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Started my prep for my colonoscopy today. Hopefully since my procedure is at 7:15am I can still get to the gym later in the day. Gonna be hungry as hell though.

zubda345
01-06-12, 12:43 am
I also didn't went to the gym yesterday.. I had a bonfire party at college. I danced for the 1st time in my life....!! lol

MR.TeachFreak
01-07-12, 12:12 am
I also didn't went to the gym yesterday.. I had a bonfire party at college. I danced for the 1st time in my life....!! lol

Sounds pretty awesome

MR.TeachFreak
01-07-12, 12:15 am
1/6/11-Colonoscopy

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Had my colonoscopy today. Its was a good news/maybe bad news situation. My Ulcerative Colitis is no longer affected my entire colon and now is only in about a foot of my colon. But there were two polyps that he had to remove and are off to the lab. He did not give an indication that they may be cancerous but with a autoimmune disease you never know.

MR.TeachFreak
01-08-12, 3:30 pm
1/7/11

Cardio-None

Gym-DE Lower

Squats-205, 215, 225 (3x3)
Rack Pulls-225, 245, 265 (3x3)
Good Mornings-185 (4x4)
SLDL-185, 205, 225 (3x3)

Notes
-Still focusing on form and speed over weight. Got some bands recently and I am thinking about incorporation those soon.
-Good mornings going well. Still getting used to them.

MR.TeachFreak
01-09-12, 11:48 pm
1/8/11

Cardio-None

Gym-DE Upper

Bench Press-195, 205, 215 (3x3)
Seated Military Press-105, 115, 125 (3x3)
Reverse Grip Row-205, 215, 225 (3x3)
CGBP-175, 185 (4x3)
BB Curl-95, 115, 135 (3x3)

Notes
-Decent workout. Going to switch up my bench and incline bench press. Flat bench press is going to my ME days and incline will be going to my DE days. Also thinking about incorporating some bands into regular bench once I get going.

MR.TeachFreak
01-09-12, 11:51 pm
1/9/11

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Had some truck troubles and needed a rest day so no gym today.
-Another interview coming up this Friday at a high school that asked for me by name. If I get it I will leave this hellish county if I can do it financially.

MR.TeachFreak
01-11-12, 11:17 pm
1/10/12

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Lower

Squat-405/2,1
Rack Pull-425/2,1
Good Mornings-195/2,2,1
SLDL-325/2,1

Notes
-Hams were fried by the end of the workout.

MR.TeachFreak
01-12-12, 9:55 am
1/11/12

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Had a meeting with my new NCAE rep for school. It was long but seems to have paid off but I missed too much food by the time we were done to be able to hit the gym.

MR.TeachFreak
01-12-12, 11:00 pm
1/12/11

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Travel day to go home.

MR.TeachFreak
01-16-12, 2:27 pm
1/15/11

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Upper

Bench Press-275/3,2
*Military Press Lockouts-195/2,1
Pendlay Row-275/3,1
CGBP-245/3,2
BB Curl-155/3,2,2

Notes
-*The way I did these was put the safety bars about where I normally start the rep and press. The idea was to take the bounce out of it and make it all shoulders.
-Overall good workout. Switched in bench press instead of incline for now.

MR.TeachFreak
01-16-12, 11:38 pm
1/16/11

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Lower

Squat-410/1,1
Rack Pull-430/1
Good Mornings-205/2,1
SLDL-330/2,1

Notes
-One heavy workout. Increased the weights but it all felt damn heavy.
-Got a gift certificate to Elite FTS so my Prowler 2 fund is looking good.
-Exam week this week so one more week until a new semester and new kids.

MR.TeachFreak
01-18-12, 11:27 pm
1/17/11

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Upper

Bench Press-315/2,1
Seated Military Press-195/4,3,2
Pendlay Row-275/3,1
CGBP-255/3,2
BB Curl-170/2,1

Notes
-Really liking the Pendlay Rows. I really feel them and I makes me have better for by default since they are from the floor.
-Next time I need to increase the seated military press weight by at least 10 or 15lbs.
-Maybe put a bit too much on bench but I got through it. In a few weeks I might add in bands and see how that goes.

MR.TeachFreak
01-19-12, 11:27 pm
1/19/11

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Under the weather today. Got back from school and spent about a hour in the bathroom so figured it was a better day to rest and make sure I am not sick tomorrow.

MR.TeachFreak
01-21-12, 1:29 pm
1/20/11

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Still under the weather a bit so chugging a bottle of NyQuil to finish it off.

zubda345
01-21-12, 1:48 pm
Hey man! how's it goin in here..

MR.TeachFreak
01-21-12, 3:24 pm
Hey man! how's it goin in here..

It's going. Just getting ready for a new semester and new students. Nice to get to start over basically.

MR.TeachFreak
01-22-12, 10:46 pm
1/21/12

Cardio-None

Gym-DE Lower

Squat-205, 215, 220 (4x3)
Rack Pull-235,255,265 (4x3)
Good morning-205/4,4,2
SLDL-195 (4x3), 215 (2x3)

Notes
-Lower back was shot all to hell after the good mornings that I had to call the SLDL off a bit earlier then I wanted.
-Overall decent workout. Really focusing on speed and not worrying about the weight so much.

MR.TeachFreak
01-22-12, 10:51 pm
1/22/12

Cardio-None

Gym-DE Upper

Incline Bench Press-165, 175, 185 (4x3)
Seated Military Press-115, 135, 145 (4x3)
RG BB Row-205, 215, 225 (4x3)
CGBP-135, 145, 155 (4x3)

Notes
-Considering moving biceps to my lower day as by the time I get to them they are dead with no energy.
-Decent workout. Kinda slow to start but it picked up.

MR.TeachFreak
01-24-12, 12:02 am
1/23/12

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Going to switch up my schedule to Wed/Thurs, and then Sat/Sun to work better with school.

MR.TeachFreak
01-24-12, 11:48 pm
1/24/11

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Last rest day before I start back into my new schedule.
-Looking into making a foam roller to help with the DOMs and stiffness. Also going to start stretching a lot more post workout.

MR.TeachFreak
01-26-12, 11:53 pm
1/25/12

Cardio-None

Gym-Me Lower

Squat-410/2,1
Rack Pull-430/2
Good Mornings-225/3,2
SLDL-335/3,2
BB Curls-185/2,1

Notes
-Squats were grinders on all reps. Felt awesome though.

MR.TeachFreak
01-26-12, 11:55 pm
1/26/12

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Upper

Bench Press-215/2,2,1
Hammer Strength Shoulder Press-160/2,1
Pendlay Row-285/2,1
CGBP-225/3,3

Notes
-Good workout. Liking the new schedule so far. It will be nice to be able to get to a nearly empty gym on the weekends.

MR.TeachFreak
01-29-12, 11:33 pm
1/28/12

Cardio-None

Gym-DE Lower

Squat-205, 215 (5x3)
Rack Pull-135, 155 + Light Bands (5x3)
Good Morning-185 (5x2)
SLDL-225 (2x8)*
BB Curl-135 (3x6, 1x3)

Notes
-Used my bands finally. Man they killed me on the rack pulls but it was awesome.
-*Lower back was already really dead from the banded rack pulls so I had to cut it short.
-With my lower back pretty much shot I gave what I could to the SLDL.

MR.TeachFreak
01-29-12, 11:42 pm
1/29/12

Cardio-None

Gym-DE Upper

Incline Bench Press-145, 155 (5x3), 165 (3x3)
Seated Military Press-95, 100 +Monster Mini Bands (5x3)
RG BB Row-205, 225 (2x8), 235 (1x8)
CGBP-185 (4x8)

Notes
-Once again the bands really killed me on the presses. I can't wait to work them into some more place.
-Two off days. Plan to hopefully get out and run or do some cardio in the gym at least. Getting my taxes done this Tuesday though after school so I figure that will take awhile.

MR.TeachFreak
01-30-12, 11:57 pm
1/30/12

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Long ass meeting after school. Missed a meal time along too.

MR.TeachFreak
02-01-12, 8:40 am
1-31-12

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Tax day for me. After getting all my paperwork together and waiting at H&R Block, even though I had an appointment, I get to find out that the government screws me over again. Not only will I owe money to NC either way my federal return looks to be less then $60. It amazes me that as a single person, a teacher, who supports themselves I get screwed. I got bigger tax returns from working just my summer job then now.

MR.TeachFreak
02-01-12, 10:05 pm
2-1-12

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Lower

Squat-415/1,1
Rack Pull-315+Light Bands/2
Good Morning-215/4,2
SLDL-365/3

Notes
-Good workout. Was dead by the end and completing forgot to hit my biceps. Will get them hit up tomorrow.
-Mid year evaluation tomorrow. Should go well enough. Still sucks having to get all the paperwork and shit together.

zubda345
02-07-12, 12:45 am
How are you TF? Hope it's passin good for u man. I have not been on the forum lately. Missed many threats. But will try to keep up now.

MR.TeachFreak
02-07-12, 10:43 am
How are you TF? Hope it's passin good for u man. I have not been on the forum lately. Missed many threats. But will try to keep up now.

Just busy with a new set of kids. And maybe a bit lazy trying to de-stress. Just haven't had much time to post up workouts.

MR.TeachFreak
02-07-12, 7:38 pm
2-2-12

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Upper

Bench-315/3,2
Seated Press-135+Light Bands/5,3
Pendlay Row-275/3,2
CGBP-225/2x6, 1x3
BB Curl-185/2,1

Notes
-Good workout. Loving the bands so far.
-Need to find a bigger gym bag for my equipment now. Seems I am acquiring more and more training aids.

zubda345
02-08-12, 7:55 am
Just busy with a new set of kids. And maybe a bit lazy trying to de-stress. Just haven't had much time to post up workouts.

Yeah I can feel ya on the lazyness and de-stress thing.

just keep it going man...

MR.TeachFreak
02-08-12, 11:19 pm
Yeah I can feel ya on the lazyness and de-stress thing.

just keep it going man...

Just moving forward.

MR.TeachFreak
02-08-12, 11:21 pm
2-8-12

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Lower

Squat-415/1,1
Rack Pull-315+LB/2,2
Good Mornings-215/3,1
SLDL-365/3,2

Notes
-Overall a pretty shitty workout. I don't know if the stress from the weekend screwed me up or what. Trying to hit that first rep of the squat I know all I was thining about was if the safety bars were to high. That fucked me up but I got through it as shitty as it felt.
-Lower back tightened up again. Will start foam rolling this weekend by making my very own foam roller.

zubda345
02-10-12, 5:17 am
Notes
-Overall a pretty shitty workout. I don't know if the stress from the weekend screwed me up or what. Trying to hit that first rep of the squat I know all I was thining about was if the safety bars were to high. That fucked me up but I got through it as shitty as it felt.
-Lower back tightened up again. Will start foam rolling this weekend by making my very own foam roller.

Everyone has bad days

MR.TeachFreak
02-11-12, 7:33 pm
2-9-12

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Upper

Bench Press-315/2,2
Seated Military Press-185/2,2
Pendlay Row-285/2,3,1
CGBP-225/4x6
BB Curl-185/3,2

Notes
-Another kinda shitty workout. Bench just sucked. Unracked at 135 and for some reason it felt as if there was a heavy ass weight on the right side. Felt that way throughout. Really threw me off.
-Got better after bench but the pendlay rows were the only real high point.
-Need to get my shit together before I really fuck up.

MR.TeachFreak
02-11-12, 7:35 pm
2-11-12

Cardio-None

Gym-DE Upper

Incline Bench Press-150/155/160 (5x3)
Seated Military Press-100/105+Monster Mini on both (5x3)
Chest Supported Row-115 (5x8)
CGBP-185 (3x8)

Notes
-Felt like shit throughout. Just for some reason was not feeling it. Left after a shitty set of CGBP. For some reason they really hit my triceps hard when I should have been easily repping that weight.

MR.TeachFreak
02-12-12, 11:28 pm
2-12-12

Cardio-None

Gym-DE Lower

Squat-215, 220 (4x3)
Rack Pulls-155, 175 +Light Bands on both (4x3)
Good Mornings-185(4x6)
SLDL-225 (4x6)
BB curl-135 (4x6)

Notes
-Better workout this time. Hopefully it was just a passing phase. Looking forward to upping my weights this time around.

zubda345
02-13-12, 10:30 am
How do you have fun man? and how do u stay happy>?

MR.TeachFreak
02-16-12, 9:42 pm
How do you have fun man? and how do u stay happy>?

un? Go out with friends and stay occupied. I just do whatever I feel like. Not a lot of fun last year due to problems students though. I am not always happy. But I make sure to push forward in search of my happy place.

MR.TeachFreak
02-16-12, 9:47 pm
2-16-12

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Lower

Squat-420/2,1
Rack Pull-325+LB/2,1
Good Mornings-220/3,2
SLDL-385/1

Notes
-Stoked by my squat. The second rep was a bit sloppy but damn it felt good to not only move the weight up but also get another rep.
-Rack Pulls went up easy for each rep. Probably the bands. The first set I count as two reps as I only waited about 15 seconds before the net rep. Another set to be stoked for.
-Probably could have done more with the SLDL but after that grinder of a first rep I really had to shit. Then by the time I was done I was tightening up something fierce.
-Really need to start adding in Ab work somewhere.
-Built my own foam roller and will start using it tonight.

zubda345
02-16-12, 10:20 pm
un? Go out with friends and stay occupied. I just do whatever I feel like. Not a lot of fun last year due to problems students though. I am not always happy. But I make sure to push forward in search of my happy place.

I see that's something one can do, I need to get some real friends.

Hey don't think I forgot your post in the what you wanted to be session, I am gonna reply to it real soon!

MR.TeachFreak
02-19-12, 11:28 pm
2-17-12

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Upper

Bench Press-315/1,1 275/3,2
Seated Military Press-195/3,4,2
Pendlay Row-295/3,2
CGBP-235/3,4,2
BB Curl-195/2

Notes
-Bench felt heavy as shit. Ended up knocking some weight off to get some grinders out.
-With my Prowler cardio plans derailed due to taxes it looks instead that I will be picking up some battle ropes at the end of this month to start on the cardio.

MR.TeachFreak
02-19-12, 11:30 pm
2-19-12

Cardio-None

Gym-DE Lower

Squat-210/4x3, 215/4x3
Rack Pulls-205/4x2, 225/3x2
Good Mornings-190/4x6
SLDL-235/4x6
BB Curl-140/4x6

Notes
-Rack Pulls I focused on doubles and kept at them until I felt myself slowing down a lot.
-Overall decent workout.
-Still on track for investing in a battle rope at the end of this month.
-Also found a website that sells 5/8" chain pretty cheaply and I will be looking at picking up some of that. Maybe two 5ft sections to see how much it weighs.

MR.TeachFreak
02-21-12, 12:43 pm
2-20-12

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Long ass professional development today for school. Really fucked up my meal timing and right now that I am eating good and on track I need to make sure to stay on my diet. Also hungry as shit when I was done so no gym.

MR.TeachFreak
02-22-12, 9:00 am
2-21-12

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Getting back into my schedule. Meals are back to normal.
-Stress is starting again. Somehow my school lost 4400 textbooks last year according to county so we are getting audited. We have to collect every textbooks and re count every one. Not to mention for about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks we are not allowed to used them in or out of class. So much fun.

MR.TeachFreak
02-22-12, 10:22 pm
2-22-11

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Lower

Squat-420/2,1,1
Rack Pull-345+LB/1
Good Morning-220/4,2
SLDL-385/1

Notes
-Good workout especially compared to last week. Hit most of my goals for this workout.
-Had to start heavier with the rack pulls as I was in a different power cage with safety bars that did not go low enough. Probably should make a bigger push to just doing deadlift.
-Pulled out of the SLDL early due to extreme lower back tightening. But I got my squat PR in reps so I was fine with it.

zubda345
02-25-12, 2:40 pm
2-22-11

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Lower

Squat-420/2,1,1
Rack Pull-345+LB/1
Good Morning-220/4,2
SLDL-385/1

Notes
-Good workout especially compared to last week. Hit most of my goals for this workout.
-Had to start heavier with the rack pulls as I was in a different power cage with safety bars that did not go low enough. Probably should make a bigger push to just doing deadlift.
-Pulled out of the SLDL early due to extreme lower back tightening. But I got my squat PR in reps so I was fine with it.

Hey man... You had a good workout I see... U know I had a shit time in gym... my hands and my body was all shaking while I was performing my negatives slowly, and I didn't know what should I do so I just did some shoulders and some bi's and some barbell rows not like they should be done, but only to get my body started again, will hit the gym again on monday, I hope it goes well for me too...

MR.TeachFreak
02-27-12, 12:41 pm
Hey man... You had a good workout I see... U know I had a shit time in gym... my hands and my body was all shaking while I was performing my negatives slowly, and I didn't know what should I do so I just did some shoulders and some bi's and some barbell rows not like they should be done, but only to get my body started again, will hit the gym again on monday, I hope it goes well for me too...

It should go better then me. I was sick all weekend and am still not 100% better. You could have had a small sickness.

MR.TeachFreak
02-28-12, 9:36 pm
2/23/12

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Upper

Bench-285/2,2,2
Seated Military Press-205/3,2
Pendlay Row-295/4,1
CGBP-235/3x4
BB Curl-195/3,1

Notes
-Good workout.

MR.TeachFreak
02-28-12, 9:37 pm
2/24/12

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Off Day

MR.TeachFreak
02-28-12, 9:39 pm
2/25/12-2/26/12

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Helped a friend move until 3:30am Saturday. Moved her from a trashed place where you could just taste the crap in the air. So as to be expected I had a sore ass throat Saturday. So no gym.
-Got much worse Sunday morning when I woke up at 1:00am having explosive shits and having massive puke/dry heave attacks for about 6 or so hours. My back was sore and hurting from all the tensing my body did. Had to get a friend to bring me meds and leave them outside my apartment building. Just fucking horrible.

MR.TeachFreak
02-28-12, 9:40 pm
2/27/12-2/28/12

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Monday still felt shitty and probably should have skipped school but I only get so many sick days a year. Crashed afterwards and took plenty of nyquil. Still did not have much of an appetite.
-Tuesday all I had was a fairly bad cough but that is all. Plan to take nyquil one last time tonight. On a good note my six pack bag came in and it is pretty badass. Did not know how freaking huge it is even for the small version.

MR.TeachFreak
03-01-12, 9:39 am
2/29/12

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Still hacking up all sorts of shit. So no gym. I can;t risk relapsing into the horrible sickness again.

MR.TeachFreak
03-02-12, 8:37 am
3/1/12

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Still hacking all sorts of shit up. So no gym. Will probably take tomorrow off as well and then hit my two ME days this weekend to keep on a schedule.
-I did order 100 feet of manila rope to start my battle rope cardio endeavor. Not sure how the office is going to like that package.

MR.TeachFreak
03-03-12, 3:02 pm
3/2/12

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Still got mucus in my throat. Coughing up all day. Hopefully I will be better tomorrow.

MR.TeachFreak
03-04-12, 9:29 pm
3/3/12

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Still got a cough. I just control my breathing which means I can't risk the gym. Taking more Nyquil and Musinex this time before bed.

MR.TeachFreak
03-05-12, 11:04 am
3/4/12

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Still hacking up shit. Its enough that I can't control my breathing while working out. And on a ME day if I can't reliably control my breathing then no workout. Might just go to the doc since it has been a week.

zubda345
03-05-12, 3:31 pm
3/4/12

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Still hacking up shit. Its enough that I can't control my breathing while working out. And on a ME day if I can't reliably control my breathing then no workout. Might just go to the doc since it has been a week.

You SHOULD see a doctor ma man...

MR.TeachFreak
03-07-12, 8:17 am
You SHOULD see a doctor ma man...

I am but my schedule lately has not allowed it plus I need to find one to use as my primary up here first. Asking around today and making an appointment after school.

MR.TeachFreak
03-07-12, 11:13 pm
3/7/12

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Parent/Teacher conference night means work until 7pm. Plus right when I thought my cough was gone it is still here. Got the number of a good doctor and making an appointment tomorrow morning.

MR.TeachFreak
03-12-12, 10:30 pm
3/10/12

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Lower

Squat-405/1
Rack Pull-335/1
Good Mornings-225/3
SLDL-365/2

Notes
-Tried 425 and failed but I did not lose as much weight as I thought I would.

MR.TeachFreak
03-12-12, 10:32 pm
3/11/12

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Upper

Bench Press-275/2,1,1
Shoulder Press-205/2,1
Pendlay Row-275/3
CGBP-225/3x3
BB Curl-185/2,1

Notes
-Much the same here. Lost some weight but not as bad as I thought. Should be able to get back into a good groove. Going to start using my battle ropes for cardio soon.

MR.TeachFreak
03-14-12, 10:17 am
3/12/12-3/13/12

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Much more sore then usual but I think it was because of the layoff and not easing back into the gym.

MR.TeachFreak
03-15-12, 8:40 am
3/14/12

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Had my mandatory game duty until 8pm afte rschool today.

zubda345
03-15-12, 3:31 pm
3 off days from the gym don't feel good...

MR.TeachFreak
03-15-12, 3:51 pm
3 off days from the gym don't feel good...

It works out for me. I was mainly focused on getting back in and getting back on my schedule. I need the two days off to both recover and I am required to stay after school to tutor so it works out better that way. As for the third day we are required to do game duty so I knew it was coming up and it was the easiest day to do it. Just did not expect to get sick.

MR.TeachFreak
03-17-12, 11:24 pm
3/15/12

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Lower

Squat-410/1, 1
Rack Pull-335+LB/1
Good Mornings-230/3
SLDL-365/2

Notes
-Either went higher weight or more reps today. Easing back into it so I won't relapse or get hurt.
-Gonna have to take Friday and Saturday to get some shit settled. Its getting to that time that I need to prepare as if I will not get offered a contract for next year.

zubda345
03-18-12, 2:56 am
Are you still sick?

MR.TeachFreak
03-18-12, 12:22 pm
Are you still sick?

Nope. Just budgets are starting to be finalized for schools and the transfer list is finished. As a second year teacher I can only receive 1 year long contracts fro my first 3 years. So I do not know if I have a job next year but have to set up something in case I don't.

MR.TeachFreak
03-18-12, 11:05 pm
3/18/12

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Upper

Bench Press-285/1,1
Seated Military Press-210/2,1
Pendlay Row-285-1,1,1
CGBP-235-3,3
BB Curl-185/3,2

Notes
-Good workout. Still held back a bit since it is only four workouts after a 2 week plus lay off.
-Close to getting a nice big tire for me to use soon. And all I would have to do it pick it up.

MR.TeachFreak
03-22-12, 8:03 am
3/19/12-3/21/12

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Another few days of life taking over and me having to get shit organized. Back in the gym this Thursday.

MR.TeachFreak
03-25-12, 12:35 am
3/22/12

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Lower

Squat-415/1,1
Rack Pull-340+LB/1,1
Good mornings-230/3,1
SLDL-375/2

Notes
-Good day in the gym. Though I do need to start picking it up again. Add in Abs somewhere.
-Got a decent diet plan mapped out. Just have to get paid to start on my foods. Plan on going no eating out for awhile.

MR.TeachFreak
03-25-12, 12:37 am
3/24/12

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Upper

Bench Press-290/1,1
Clean and Shoulder Press-185/3,3
Pendlay Row-285/2,1,1
CGBP-240/3,3
BB Curl-190/3

Notes
-Switching to a clean and shoulder press. Once I get a far bar that will be incorporated.

MR.TeachFreak
03-28-12, 8:52 pm
3/25/12

Cardio-None

Gym-DE Lower

Squat-205, 215, 225, 235 (x1), 245 (x6)
Rack Pull135, 155, 165 +LB (x3)
Good Mornings-185/2x6
SLDL

Notes
-Pulled something in my upper trap so had to quit during good mornings.
-Focused on speed singles. When up in weight until I slowed down a lot.

MR.TeachFreak
03-28-12, 10:58 pm
3/28/12

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Meeting until 5pm plus the strain/pull is still there so I did some more resting and stretching. Hopefully I will be right a rain tomorrow.

MR.TeachFreak
03-29-12, 9:20 pm
3/29/12

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Still have that ache in the upper right trap. Hurts to turn my head and sleeping was not fun. More massage and heat today as well.

MR.TeachFreak
04-01-12, 11:25 pm
4/1/12

Life had more surprises for me so I will be posting my workouts tomorrow. Still trying to get back on track and stay there.

MR.TeachFreak
04-02-12, 11:09 pm
3/31/12

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Lower

Squat-420/1
Rack Pull-345+LB/1
Good Mornings-235/3,1
SLDL-385/2

Notes
-Pretty much back where I was before I got the sickness.

MR.TeachFreak
04-02-12, 11:11 pm
4/1/12

Cardio-None

Gym- ME Upper

Bench Press-290/2,2
Clean and Military Press-195/3,2
Pendlay Row-285/3,1
CGBP-245/3,3
BB Curl-195/2

Notes
-Pretty good workout.

MR.TeachFreak
04-04-12, 10:38 pm
4/4/12

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Lower

Squat-420/1
Deadlift-185+Strong Bands/1,1
Good Mornings-245/2,2
SLDL-395/2,1

Notes
-Failed on the second rep of squats and tried a second single and failed. I think I am going to switch up the rep scheme for the squats to something like 3 singles above 90% of my 1 RM. I have seen some do this for a westside style workout.
-Strong Band tension is about 203.0 at 24inch and 289.0 at 50. And those two singles fried my back.
-Going to add in some calves and cardio to the tail end soon.
-Got my diet back and track and am planning to start losing my gut.

zubda345
04-04-12, 10:44 pm
I also couldn't squat the last time I did legs! It feels awful!

MR.TeachFreak
04-05-12, 3:05 pm
I also couldn't squat the last time I did legs! It feels awful!

I like when I fail but I was pushing hard for a rep PR. Oh well I am working on a small change anyways.

MR.TeachFreak
04-07-12, 10:19 pm
4/6/12

Cardio-None

Gym-ME UPPER

Bench Press-290/3,2,1
Clean and Press-205/2,1
Pendlay Row-290/1,1
CGBP-255/2,1
BB Curl-195/3

Notes
-Pretty good workout. Traveling day tomorrow.

MR.TeachFreak
04-07-12, 10:20 pm
4/7/12

Cardio-None

Gym-None

Notes
-Apparently the gym where my parents lived decided to close early today dye to Easter. And it is closed tomorrow. Good thing I have my battle rope.

MR.TeachFreak
04-12-12, 11:43 pm
Been working a lot and helping my mother this week so I should be able to update tomorrow fully.

MR.TeachFreak
04-13-12, 10:08 pm
4/9/12

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Lower

Squat-405/1, 420/1
Deadlift-185+Strong Bands/1,1,1
Good Mornings-250/3,1
SLDL-395/1

Notes
-Lower back was tight as hell so could only get one rep on the SLDL.

MR.TeachFreak
04-13-12, 10:11 pm
4/11/12

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Upper

Bench Press-275/1, 295/1,1
HS Shoulder Press-180/1, 160/1
Pendlay Row-305/1, .5
Dips-35/2,3,1
BB Curl-195/2,2,2

Notes
-Good workout. Had to change some exercises up due to the different gym. Went up on the Pendlay Rows since I simply did not want to remove the weight someone else left on. So I added to it.

zubda345
04-19-12, 2:48 pm
Hey maN!

Howve u been?

MR.TeachFreak
04-19-12, 11:52 pm
Hey maN!

Howve u been?

Good. Worked, helped mom, and helped my granny out over easter break so not a lot of chances for working out.

MR.TeachFreak
04-19-12, 11:54 pm
4/19/12

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Upper

Bench Press-275/1, 295/1, 300/1
Press and Clean-205/3, 205/2
Pendlay Row-300/1, 1

Notes
-Decided to move arms to Lower days and some of my Lower stuff to Upper. That way I can go all out on things like SLDL and Good Mornings instead of being fried after squatting and deadlifting.

zubda345
04-20-12, 3:45 pm
Good. Worked, helped mom, and helped my granny out over easter break so not a lot of chances for working out.

Great man... Family 1st.

Moving arms on a low day will help you focus more on deads and other stuff I guess.

MR.TeachFreak
04-22-12, 2:04 pm
Great man... Family 1st.

Moving arms on a low day will help you focus more on deads and other stuff I guess.

Its just that after squats and deads my lower back is so trashed it is hard to so good mornings and sldl effectively. So I figured I would switch it up.

MR.TeachFreak
04-22-12, 2:17 pm
4/21/12

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Lower (modified)

Squat-405/1,1,1*
Deadlift-185+SB/1, 195+SB/1

Notes
-*Went for a single at 425 and failed so hit 405 for two more singles to make sure I got it.
-Since I am switching up my workout I am going to do Goodmornings, SLDL, CGBP, and BB Curls on Sunday.

MR.TeachFreak
04-22-12, 10:45 pm
4/22/12

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Upper/Lower

Good Mornings-225/2, 235/1, 245/1
SLDL-365/1, 375/1, 385/1
CGBP-275/1, 285/1, 290/1
DB Curl-90/2, 100/1

Notes
-Decent workout.

MR.TeachFreak
04-26-12, 11:23 pm
4/26/12

Cardio-None

Gym-ME Lower/Upper

Squat-405/1, 420/1
Deadlift-185+SB/1, 205+SB/1
CGBP-275/1

Notes
-Quit early due to a tweak in my elbow. Something popped and it just didn't feel right. Iced and heat it and so far it is feeling good.

MR.TeachFreak
05-01-12, 11:16 pm
My colitis has been flaring up lately so I will post up and catch up tomorrow. Plan to be back in the gym tomorrow as well.

MR.TeachFreak
05-06-12, 11:06 pm
Looks like my flare up is finally over today I think. Hopefully get back into the gym tuesday as I have a after school meeting tomorrow that will take awhile.

MR.TeachFreak
05-13-12, 11:38 pm
Got back in the gym yesterday and today. Will post up the workouts later.

MR.TeachFreak
05-23-12, 8:53 am
Started showing symptoms again so been out of the gym lately. I think it was because of all the milk and dairy I have been consuming lately so I am cutting that out and with Nyquil last night I feel much better today and hope to get back into it soon.

MR.TeachFreak
05-27-12, 3:26 pm
5/26/12

Squats-385/1,1
Rack Pull (Above Knee)-475/3
CGBP-275/1,1
BB Curl-155/2, 165/1

Notes
-Finally got back into the gym. Took it fairly easy today to make sure where I was strength wise. I had more symptoms plus a massive dive in appetite so I am being careful to make sure that I don't myself too far.

MR.TeachFreak
05-31-12, 11:02 pm
5/27/12

Incline Bench Press-245/1, 255/1
Seated Military Press-185/3
HS T-Bar Row-225/2,1
Good Mornings-205/2,1
SLDL-295/2

Notes
-Another easy day to get a feel for my weights again.
-End of Course Exams have kept me out of the gym but tomorrow I am back in for sure since the week is over.

MR.TeachFreak
06-04-12, 9:33 am
The UC symptoms have been flaring up again this past week just when it seemed liked I was back on track. I think a complete diet overhaul is in order now.

MR.TeachFreak
06-09-12, 5:25 pm
6/9/12

Squats-365/1, 385/1
Rack Pull-385/1, 1

Notes
-Got back in after losing most of my appetite and still having UC symptoms. Lost some strength so I am going back into it easy. The plan is to take until Tuesday to do my normal two days. 2-4 exercises each day for ME and see how I feel. It till take me a bit to get back into it.

MR.TeachFreak
06-18-12, 6:11 pm
6/18/12

Squat-365/1, 385/1
Deadlift-205 +Avg Band/a, 225+Avg band/1, 245+AVG Band/1
BB Curl-135/3, 155/2

Notes
-Back in again after dealing with moving.
-Lost some strength but nothing that I can't recover.

MR.TeachFreak
07-01-12, 8:56 pm
7/1/12

Squat-365/1
Rack Pull-225+Avg Band/2, 275+Avg Band/2
BB Curl-135/2, 145/2, 155/2
Grenade Triceps Pushdown-30/4, 40/4, 50/4, 60/2
Shrugs-225/8x4+20 second static holds

Notes
-Thanks to loads of work, sickness, and lack of motivation I finally got back into the gym. Lost a lot of strength. Might move down to a simpler program until I can get my strength back up.
-Used a grenade from elitefts to do my triceps pushdown in order to work in some grip work.

MR.TeachFreak
07-02-12, 5:06 pm
7/2/12

HS Incline Press-160/2, 165/2, 170/1
Clean and Press-155/2, 165/1, 170/1
Pull Ups-BW/3, BW/2, BW/3, BW/2
Good Mornings-135/6x4

Notes
-Pretty good day in the gym. Still feeling out where I am at now.
-Pull ups were weird. My right shoulder kept hurting as I did them. I think next time I will stretch it out a bit before I do pullups.

MR.TeachFreak
07-07-12, 12:40 pm
7/6/12

DE Lower

Squat-185/1,1,1 195/1,1,1 205/2, 2
Deadlift-205/1,1 215/1,1 225/1,1 235/1,1
DB Curls-35/4, 40/4, 45/4, 55/4, 60/4, 70/4, 75/4, 80/1
Dips-bw/5,4,5,3
SM Shrugs-225/8+static hold, 225/8+static hold, 235/8+hold, 235/8+hold

Notes
-Pretty good workout.

MR.TeachFreak
07-07-12, 10:34 pm
7/7/12

DE Upper

Bench Press-185/3,3,3 195/2,2,2 205/1,1,1
Standing Military Press-95/3, 3, 3 105/2, 2, 2 115/2, 2, 2
Pullups-bw/4,3,3,3,2
45 Back Extension-35/6,6,6,6,
HS Leg Curl-70/6,6,6

Notes
-The back extensions I made sure to go all the way down and slowly all the way up arching my back.

MR.TeachFreak
07-09-12, 8:44 pm
7/9/12

Squat-365/1, 1
Band Deadlift (Average Bands)-205/1, 215/1, 225/1 ,235/1
BB Curls-135/3, 145/2, 155/2, 165/1
Grenade Triceps Pushdowns-30/6, 40/6, 50/6, 60/4, 70/2

Notes
-Overall a mediocre day in the gym. Squats sucked for some reason. Other then my sunburn across the shoulders I just did not have the strength.

MR.TeachFreak
07-11-12, 7:03 pm
7/11/12

Incline Bench Press-225/2,1 235/1 245/1
Clean and Press-185/1,1,1
Pendlay Row-255/1,1
Back Extension-45/6x6
SLDL-255/4x4 (Deep Stretch)
Shrugs + Static Hold-245/8,8,8,8

Notes
-Pretty good day in the gym outside of the fact that the thermostat is set at 70 degrees. I need to dig out an old sweatshirt to warm up in it is so cold.
-Getting back up to strength where I was. Slow but sure.
-Need to get weights for the prowler as even at 80+ lbs itself it is easy.

MR.TeachFreak
07-15-12, 12:40 pm
7/14/12

Speed Deadlifts195/1,1,1,1 205/1,1 215/1,1 225/1,1,1,1
Squats-185/2 195/2 205/2 215/2
Dips-bw/6,4,5,3,1
DB Curls-35 to 75/4

Notes
-Ok day in the gym. Lots of shifts at work so lacking some energy. And the cold even with a cheap hoodie doesn't help.

MR.TeachFreak
07-16-12, 10:44 pm
7/16/12

Speed Bench + MM Bands- 95/3,3,3 105/3,3,3 110/3,3
Standing Military Press-95/3,3 105/3,3,3 115/3,3,3
WG Pull Ups-bw/4x4 bw/2x2
SLDL-225/6,6,6,6
90 Degree Back Hyper Extension-45/4x6

Notes
-Ok Day. First time trying bands one bench and it took some getting used to. It is a new feeling throughout the motion.

MR.TeachFreak
07-20-12, 8:31 pm
7/19/12

Squat-365/1 375/0
Deadlift+Average Bands-205/1 225/1 245/1
OA Triceps Pushdown (Grenade)-30/4 40/4 50/4 60/6 70/2 85/2 100/1
DB Hammer Curls-90/2 95/2 100/1

Notes
-Overall shitty day. I am not sure what has happened with squats. I have regressed even after taking a proper break. I think it is time to go back to the drawing board and switch it up again. Possibly go back to doggcrapp training for a bit.

MR.TeachFreak
07-20-12, 10:13 pm
7/20/12

Notes
-Today just didn't work. Didn't have the strength and quickly lost the drive. Due to work and gym hours I will not be able to get into the gym this weekend so I will be going back and restarting the workouts. Going to get back to what got me my best gains which was DC training.

MR.TeachFreak
07-25-12, 1:24 pm
7/25/12

HS Bench Press-125/4,2,3,2
Standing Military Press-135/4,5,3,2,2
OA Pushdowns (W/ Grenade)-50/6,4,3,2
WG Pullups-bw/4,2,3,2,1
Deadlift (W/ Avg. Bands)-185+bands/6
Dealift (W/O Bands)-185/9

Notes
-Workout felt great. Glad to be back into a familiar workout. Looking to get back on track.

MR.TeachFreak
08-01-12, 10:38 pm
7/26/12-1B

BB Curl-135/6,4,3,1
Forearm BB Curl-95/14
Seated Calf Raise-140/10
SLDL-275/7,5,3
Squat-315/1

7/30/12-2A

HS Incline Press-115/5,4,2,2
BB Military Press-145/4,3,2,2
CGBP-205/4,5,3,2
WG Pull Up-10/4,3,2,2
Rack Pull*

Notes
-*Tweaked something in my shoulder so had to skip the rack pulls

MR.TeachFreak
08-01-12, 10:42 pm
8/1/12-2B

Seated DB Curl-60/8,4,4,4
BB Reverse Forearm Curl-45/20,20
Seated Calf Raise-150/10
Lying Leg Curl-90/13,7,5,5
Leg Press-520/8, 270/20

Notes
-Good workout.

MR.TeachFreak
08-06-12, 10:31 pm
8/6/12-1A

HS Bench Press-125/5,4,3,1
BB Military Press-155/4,3,3,1
OA Pushdowns (w/ Grenade)-60/4,4,3,3
WG Pullup-15/4,2,1,2,2
Deadlift (w/ Avg Bands)-205/4

Notes
-Had to stop in the middle of my deadlifts when I felt something pop in my back. Still feeling a bit of pain now but hopefully it will be all right tomorrow. Otherwise a ok workout.

MR.TeachFreak
09-23-12, 9:07 pm
9/22/12

Bench Press-225/5,3,2,1
Clean + Military Press-135/4,3,3
CGBP-185/4,4,2,1
Pullup-bw/4,2,3,1
Deadlift-225/6 + 9
Shrugs + Static Hold-185/8 reps + 20 seconds (x2), 8+15 (x2)

Notes
-Finally got back into the gym. Took it fairly easy just to make sure that I do not injure myself or get sick right off the back.
-Planning out how to work in my bands and chains back into my workouts. All I need to buy is some chains. And find a way to store them all.

MR.TeachFreak
09-23-12, 9:10 pm
9/23/12

Notes
-Took my truck to get my state inspection and it took over 2 hours to get it done and replace a broken brake light. So was unable to get into the gym.
-Looking at starting some kind of stretching/mobility type of program for my off days and maybe even late night workout days. Looking into a few different programs to start me off.

MR.TeachFreak
10-27-12, 9:14 pm
10/20/12-1A

Bench Press-235/4,2,3,
Clean and Press-145/4,3,2,1
CGBP-205/4,4,2
Pullup-bw/5,2,2,2
Elevated (3in.) Deadlift-315/5, 225/9

Notes
-Glad to be back and sickness free. Kinda a easy day since I do not want to re-aggravate my UC. Also I need to see how far I have fallen and how much I gotta climb.

MR.TeachFreak
10-27-12, 9:16 pm
10/23/12-1B

Seated DB Curl-65/5,4,3,1
RG BB Curl-105/4,4,2
Seated Calf Raise-140/10
SLDL-245/6,5,4
Squat-255/6
Hack Squat-300/20

Notes
-Another good day. Love being sore and still having to walk around my classroom.

MR.TeachFreak
10-27-12, 9:19 pm
10/27/12-2A

Incline BP-185/5,4,3,1
Standing Military Press-155/4,2,3,2
CGBP-215/4,4,2,1
Chin-up-bw/4,3,2,1,1
Rack Pull (Below knee)-225+Avg. Bands/3, 225/9

Notes
-Not sure what happened with the rack pulls. Set it down on the first set and it just would not be moved.
-Otherwise great day.

MR.TeachFreak
10-28-12, 11:16 pm
10/28/12-2B

BB Curl-115/7,3,2
Seated BB R Forearm Curl-65/15
Seated Calf Raise-145/10
SLDL-265/5,3,2
Squat-275/6
-Leg Press-460/20

Notes
-Still taking it a bit easy and figuring out where I am right now.
-Squats felt good and will probably increase them a fair bit next time.
-SLDL felt good and now I am going to focus on increasing the reps to 15-20 rest paused.
-Really need to find better forearm exercises or switch up the rep scheme from a straight set to something else.

MR.TeachFreak
11-05-12, 6:24 pm
11/3/12-3A

Decline BP-225/5,5,2
Clean and Press-165/4,3,3,1
RG Bench Press-135/8,7,3
Pull Up-bw/5,3,3,2
Deadlift-205+Avg. bands/5, 225/9

Notes
-Good day.
-Reverse Grip bench press feels weird and I think next time I will give it a try in the smith machine. It was awkward trying to do it off a regular bench.

MR.TeachFreak
11-05-12, 6:26 pm
11/4/12-3B

Seated DB Curl-75/5,4,3,1
RG BB Curl (Thumbless Grip)-115/6,4,4
Stead Calf Raise-150/10
SLDL-265/8,5,2
Squat-315/6
Hack Squat-320/20

Notes
-Another good day. Felt fine and I think I am finally getting back into the groove. Upping the reps on the exercises that are supposed to be 15-20 rp or higher.
-Need to find something else for forearms. The straight sets are just not doing it for me.

MR.TeachFreak
11-13-12, 10:06 pm
11/13/12-Still Offdays

Notes
-I think I am finally over my god awful sickness. Hopefully back in the gym with a vengeance tomorrow. But I will somehow force myself to take it a bit easy since I do not want to regress back into the horrible coughing sore throat hoarse running nose mucus of death virus.

MR.TeachFreak
11-14-12, 11:09 pm
11/14/12-Spoke too soon

Notes
-While I thought my sickness was over I woke up still hoarse and hacking up all sorts of crap.

MR.TeachFreak
11-18-12, 7:21 pm
11/17-11/18

Notes
-Got to the gym around 8am and right as I was about to bench I had a nasty coughing fit. Never got going due to more fits. Sunday was much of the same. Random ass fits of coughing.