PDA

View Full Version : veggie and fruit smoothie recipes

Wycked
11-25-11, 2:41 am
Do any of u guys know good recipes for veggie and fruit smoothies? I need to start blending up my veggies cause I don't eat enough

never_2_big
11-25-11, 6:42 am
I have a couple of great E-books with blender soup and smoothie recipes... If you want them I can attach them to a message on your facebook so you can download them.

Bruiser
11-25-11, 7:08 am
When I started making fruit/veggie smoothies, what I made was basically a super nutrient dense shake that really packed a punch. I feel amazing afterwards. I probably get more nutrients in one of these shakes than I probably get the rest of the week. It also cleans me out real good and gives me a "clean slate", Here's what I put in the shake. I actually have to blend up two batches and mix them together in a 64 oz cup because the blender is too small.

2 raw eggs
orange juice
sliced fruit
- apple
- pear
- pineapple
- cherries
- peach
organic veggies
- carrots
- mixed greens
- beets
2 tablespoons milled flax seed
skim milk
honey
fresh grated ginger
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
yogurt
almonds

I found out I'm getting a jack Lalane juicer for Christmas! So no more having to blend my veggie/fruit. I can't wait.

Bruiser
11-25-11, 7:18 am
I forgot another thing that I like to do. An easy way to get yor fruits/veggies in is with some of the juice blends they have out now. I use V8 Fusion and Mott's Medley. They just taste like rich fruit juice but have both fruits and veggies in them. I like to use them in my morning amino drink (BCAAs, glutamine, fiber, carbs, juice) to get extra vitamins and nutrients in me first thing in the morning. You can add it into your shakes for a nce kick and extra servings of veggies/fruit.