PDA

View Full Version : your favourite exercises for quad sweep...

violator
11-26-11, 3:21 am
So what are they?, i need to bring mine up in a big way...

Please list em here & discuss fellas...

zubda345
11-26-11, 11:10 am
What is a quad sweep actually??

The RZA
11-27-11, 6:30 pm
-Leg press with feet close together and toes pointed in
-Ditto for leg extensions

I asked this on the Universal forum a year or so ago and got these responses...both have worked great for me. I think the most important thing is to have a somewhat narrow stance with whatever you are doing in order to hit the outer part of your quads.

Dave TapouT
11-27-11, 7:08 pm
What is a quad sweep actually??

^^ this?

Back To Basics
11-27-11, 7:21 pm
http://www.videosdeculturismo.com/images/Erik-Fankhouser.jpg

See the outer part of the quad how it has a nice flowing look?

Goes from the small to big down to small?

That's sweep, and Erik (The House) has one of the best pair of legs in the business - not really going to see much better legs than that.

Dave TapouT
11-27-11, 7:33 pm

That's sweep, and Erik (The House) has one of the best pair of legs in the business - not really going to see much better legs than that.

Thank you for clarifying! Makes sense

zubda345
11-27-11, 10:46 pm
-Leg press with feet close together and toes pointed in
-Ditto for leg extensions

I asked this on the Universal forum a year or so ago and got these responses...both have worked great for me. I think the most important thing is to have a somewhat narrow stance with whatever you are doing in order to hit the outer part of your quads.

Oh that. The outer part of quad... Mine is not BIG but yeah it's there. and I sooo badly want it to just bust out and get biger than ever

Carrnage
11-27-11, 11:04 pm
So what are they?, i need to bring mine up in a big way...

Please list em here & discuss fellas...

Narrow Stance Leg Press + intentions
(the intention for this exercise would be to------on the negative/positive try to drive your feet outwards, but obviously they wont move, neurologically the quads, outer sweep as the targeted area of the muscle that will fail first before any other muscles kick in)

This can be done with squats, hack squats as well.

Boom!

/end thread!

haha, no don't end it!

Back To Basics
11-27-11, 11:53 pm
Makes sense, always try to keep your knees from tracking inwards when doing any leg movement - far too many people do it and take all the stress off the muscles they are trying to grow.

violator
11-28-11, 7:10 am
good replies fellas, thanks.... keep em coming!

Carrnage
11-29-11, 5:33 pm
Makes sense, always try to keep your knees from tracking inwards when doing any leg movement - far too many people do it and take all the stress off the muscles they are trying to grow.

lol

Actually try bringing in your knees togethere during leg extensions, much more quad activation!

zubda345
11-30-11, 6:01 am
Narrow feet Leg press... gonna add it in my legs from now own

Back To Basics
11-30-11, 6:04 pm
lol

Actually try bringing in your knees togethere during leg extensions, much more quad activation!

Haha, I was talking about presses, your knees can't really track inwards on leg extensions...