PDA

View Full Version : In police

zubda345
11-27-11, 11:57 pm
Hey, anyone here who is in the police force of USA or Canada? any type of police... I need some info on recruitment and stuff... I don't have a job. No money at home. Father don't even get paid at time and that's really low... I want to support myself and my family and my bodybuilding goals.. So plz anyone who is in the police plz tell me asap

Jay
11-28-11, 12:33 am
What are you looking to do? Any college completed? Military?

First step. Find some exams in your area and take them.

intoodeep25
11-28-11, 12:42 am
I am, but couldnt possibly give you any info on anything in your area. You live in pakistan, your gonna have to do your research and make things happen from their bro. Even if you were in the states, hop on google and search for things in your area, what the requirements are, etc. go check out your local agency, do a ride along, ask them questions, find out where you need to register for the academy, etc etc etc. nobody can tell you specifics about your area unless they live/work in your area, gotta do the leg work on your own

Cranky
11-28-11, 5:59 am
Try corrections (prison guard). I took the exam and it was pretty easy, but you have to play the waiting game for alot of that stuff. I had to wait 3 months for a exam date to come up, then 3 months to get my results, and it was another 3-4 months till I got my call for boot camp. I gave up on it by then, but the payoff If you can wait it out is sick. 20 and done, full benifits...cant beat that.
Plus job security. There are always going to be shitbags getting popped for something and coming in, so there will always be work!

Razor
11-28-11, 9:20 am
You say USA or Canada...are you leaving Pakistan?

intoodeep25
11-28-11, 10:55 am
Try corrections (prison guard). I took the exam and it was pretty easy, but you have to play the waiting game for alot of that stuff. I had to wait 3 months for a exam date to come up, then 3 months to get my results, and it was another 3-4 months till I got my call for boot camp. I gave up on it by then, but the payoff If you can wait it out is sick. 20 and done, full benifits...cant beat that.
Plus job security. There are always going to be shitbags getting popped for something and coming in, so there will always be work!

this is a good example of how every state, every place, is completely different. to be corrections here in tampa florida, a completed academy training is required. then the passing of the state exam. to be law enforcement, the 6 month academy must be completed, state exam passed afterwords, and a ton of other things. it is a very long, intense process. any blemish from your past will come up. to be hired here there are also a ton of hurdles. lie detector tests, physical abilities course, written exam, oral board interview, sit down talk with a psycologist, psycological exam, etc. it is very involved. from start of academy to being hired, your looking at 10 months to who knows. this is in my area, and the only area I have knowledge of, which is a perfect example of my point. ur gonna have to do your own research....

Jay
11-29-11, 4:48 pm
this is a good example of how every state, every place, is completely different. to be corrections here in tampa florida, a completed academy training is required. then the passing of the state exam. to be law enforcement, the 6 month academy must be completed, state exam passed afterwords, and a ton of other things. it is a very long, intense process. any blemish from your past will come up. to be hired here there are also a ton of hurdles. lie detector tests, physical abilities course, written exam, oral board interview, sit down talk with a psycologist, psycological exam, etc. it is very involved. from start of academy to being hired, your looking at 10 months to who knows. this is in my area, and the only area I have knowledge of, which is a perfect example of my point. ur gonna have to do your own research....

^THIS.

Best thing to do is take as many police exams as you can. I took the NYPD test a few years ago and did really well, I still get letters asking to go on with the process.

Exams. and start jogging.

Back To Basics
11-29-11, 5:37 pm
Zubda, what these fellas did not mention is that you can't get a job directly in the police force if you do not live in the actual country. Forget about the US and Canada, start searching around your local area - all these other guys have explained it well.

zubda345
11-30-11, 5:59 am
yes I live in Pakistan...

Yeah I searched on the web and asked some ppl here who might know... The result comes out to be the one B2B said: U can't get a job in anything in USA or Canada until I have their citizen ship... Damn man....

I searched here for the police and it's quiet fucked up....

Back To Basics
11-30-11, 6:10 pm
yes I live in Pakistan...

Yeah I searched on the web and asked some ppl here who might know... The result comes out to be the one B2B said: U can't get a job in anything in USA or Canada until I have their citizen ship... Damn man....

I searched here for the police and it's quiet fucked up....

It's hard bro, but you have to crawl your way up some how..

intoodeep25
11-30-11, 6:37 pm
did you really expect to get a job in law enforcement in the united states without being a citizen? honestly this makes no sense at all

Cranky
11-30-11, 8:11 pm
did you really expect to get a job in law enforcement in the united states without being a citizen? honestly this makes no sense at all

HA! Yeah, I thought that myself, but the topic is good for those in the states who would like to know.

NJC_Manhattan
11-30-11, 8:53 pm
Do you really want to be a cop? I mean, youll be a sgt's bitch. That sgt will have pressure from Lt. who is under pressure from some deputy ops to meet certain %s and clearance rates. So you can screw the general public to meet those goals.

Look some cops are fine, but 90% are totally unacceptable members of society. Protecting each other instead of the public. The most corrupt fraternity in the world.

Oh and I'm no liberal. I'm in investment banking, and pretty conservative. But I just have a hard time respecting street cops.

Sorry guys.

zubda345
11-30-11, 11:30 pm
yeah I though there might b some procedure to apply for citizen ship as well as for a job online... cause if I try to apply for citizen ship to USA by going to some office, they want tooo much commission and wont even talk straight, and u mostly have to bribe them to give u some hope.

zubda345
11-30-11, 11:34 pm
Do you really want to be a cop? I mean, youll be a sgt's bitch. That sgt will have pressure from Lt. who is under pressure from some deputy ops to meet certain %s and clearance rates. So you can screw the general public to meet those goals.

Look some cops are fine, but 90% are totally unacceptable members of society. Protecting each other instead of the public. The most corrupt fraternity in the world.

Oh and I'm no liberal. I'm in investment banking, and pretty conservative. But I just have a hard time respecting street cops.

Sorry guys.

Its too much more than that here bro... actually u have to b everyone's bitch here. forced to fuck up public everytime everywhere. and being a cop here u are considered a the wrap of banana.

and what I like is to serve public any way possible.

Shukin
12-01-11, 8:28 am
and being a cop here u are considered a the wrap of banana..
What does that mean, "the wrap of banana?"
Have you considered working for Dell or Citi bank? Every time I call them I get a guy from Pakistan.

Aggression
12-01-11, 8:37 am

Its similar here in NJ

written test
physical test
multiple round of oral interviews
extensive/intensive background
psychological/medical evaluation
academy (anywhere from 4-6 months, some are overnight M-F)
~1yr probationary period

Once that's all over and done with, you're flying free, lol. But even to get as far as the physical test/interviews can sometimes take months or even years. It all depends on the state budget.

zubda345
12-01-11, 1:24 pm
What does that mean, "the wrap of banana?"
Have you considered working for Dell or Citi bank? Every time I call them I get a guy from Pakistan.

By that I mean, No one wants police to see them here (not even casually) cause if anyone catches a police squad while driving or just passing by the street, he surely is gonna fall on his face cause of the mis behaviour of most police men and their bribes.

NO I never tried there... Are u sure u mostly get a Pakistani guy on the telephone mostly? I should call or check their website for vacancy then...

Its similar here in NJ

written test
physical test
multiple round of oral interviews
extensive/intensive background
psychological/medical evaluation
academy (anywhere from 4-6 months, some are overnight M-F)
~1yr probationary period

Once that's all over and done with, you're flying free, lol. But even to get as far as the physical test/interviews can sometimes take months or even years. It all depends on the state budget.

Whenever police jobs are available here (usually for ASP) there are hardly 10-20 seats and ppl from around the country gather to have a test. This year it was like this, 20 seats available and more than 200,000 people were enlisted for the test... and U know what is funny? Most of the time someone who has some relations with some higher political member or someone working for government is selected no matter what his results were or he/she even had the test or not.

Aggression
12-01-11, 2:14 pm
U know what is funny? Most of the time someone who has some relations with some higher political member or someone working for government is selected no matter what his results were or he/she even had the test or not.

welcome to the real world, Zub. It works that way all over the globe in every job market. Its more about who you know compared to what you know. Learn that now.

Bruiser
12-01-11, 2:35 pm
and what I like is to serve public any way possible.

Get a job at McDonalds, then you can serve the public...

LMFAO

Cranky
12-01-11, 5:22 pm

Oh man, I lost my shit when I read that!

zubda345
12-02-11, 4:36 am
welcome to the real world, Zub. It works that way all over the globe in every job market. Its more about who you know compared to what you know. Learn that now.

Yeah, I am seein that now... it's not fair though...

Get a job at McDonalds, then you can serve the public...

LMFAO

McDonalds? lol I don't want to make people fat.... but that's also an option to earn money though

Oh man, I lost my shit when I read that!

What soo funny about that?

Cranky
12-02-11, 7:12 am
What soo funny about that?

Its a thing in the states that we call outsourcing. The way Shukin used it was hilarious, but in all seriousness there is nothing funny about it.

Shukin
12-02-11, 8:12 am
Its a thing in the states that we call outsourcing. The way Shukin used it was hilarious, but in all seriousness there is nothing funny about it.
Many many companies do it, I was serious in answering the question, i think what people find funny is it is the truth, when we call the number we expect to get some one in the US, but we get some one in India or Pakistan.

Aggression
12-02-11, 8:41 am
Yeah, I am seein that now... it's not fair though...

No, its not. But its life. No one said it would be fair, Z. As Rocky once said, the world is a tough place. It'll beat you down and keep you on your knees .. if you let it. Just keep truckin'. You'll find something. Stay on the grind.

NJC_Manhattan
12-02-11, 7:53 pm

Gotta disagree with that. If you have a blue chip education and are pedigree, you can be no one and still get a job. Sure networking helps, but no one is going to hire a total disaster regardless of how well they know them.

But if you're looking to make money, police is not--and will never be--the way to go about things.

Jay
12-02-11, 7:57 pm
If your truely interested in police work, you gotta be motivated to go get it. Its a hard job to get into, especially in this area. A local department had 1 opening pop up and they had 80 applicants. You just have to be agressive with your technique, and like I said apply, train, take tests, repeat.

intoodeep25
12-03-11, 10:11 am
But if you're looking to make money, police is not--and will never be--the way to go about things.

generalized statements are never good bro. the pay might be bad in your area, but where I am, TPD is $48,000 to start, you work 4 days on 4 days off, and you get a $1,000 pay raise almost annually. also if you have a degree, like myself, you get an extra 1500 bucks or so in pay a year. so with raises you are sittin at over 55k a year in 7 little years, 60k before long, and you are retiring in full after 20 years. that puts me around 44 years old, maybe a little more hahahahaha. not bad broskie, its all about what area you are in

Bruiser
12-03-11, 11:01 am
generalized statements are never good bro. the pay might be bad in your area, but where I am, TPD is $48,000 to start, you work 4 days on 4 days off, and you get a $1,000 pay raise almost annually. also if you have a degree, like myself, you get an extra 1500 bucks or so in pay a year. so with raises you are sittin at over 55k a year in 7 little years, 60k before long, and you are retiring in full after 20 years. that puts me around 44 years old, maybe a little more hahahahaha. not bad broskie, its all about what area you are in

Yeah, it's not just the area either. I have a lot of freinds in law enforcement (city, township, county, state and SWAT). The difference in pay from one city to another, even neighboring cities can be dramatic!

intoodeep25
12-03-11, 12:45 pm
Yeah, it's not just the area either. I have a lot of freinds in law enforcement (city, township, county, state and SWAT). The difference in pay from one city to another, even neighboring cities can be dramatic!

very true bro. zepherhills, about 20 mins from here, gets paid 35k. same goes for pasco county (neighboring county). the difference can be substantial.

zubda345
12-04-11, 1:08 pm
No, its not. But its life. No one said it would be fair, Z. As Rocky once said, the world is a tough place. It'll beat you down and keep you on your knees .. if you let it. Just keep truckin'. You'll find something. Stay on the grind.

NOW THAT... I always keep in my mind.... but now I will live with it....

Gotta disagree with that. If you have a blue chip education and are pedigree, you can be no one and still get a job. Sure networking helps, but no one is going to hire a total disaster regardless of how well they know them.

naaah man, I can't disagree with that cause everywhere I c that's the case...

If your truely interested in police work, you gotta be motivated to go get it. Its a hard job to get into, especially in this area. A local department had 1 opening pop up and they had 80 applicants. You just have to be agressive with your technique, and like I said apply, train, take tests, repeat.

I like to serve people in any way possible.... and from my thinking I think being an honest police man is good....

I don't wan't a carrier as a police man, until I am at a higher rank (Cause lower and middle ranks are paid like they live in some kind of place where everything is free and they won't have any prob with low pay) but I WILL do it if I can get a part time job... gotta keep up with my studies too...

I will try my chances....

very true bro. zepherhills, about 20 mins from here, gets paid 35k. same goes for pasco county (neighboring county). the difference can be substantial.

That's GOOD pay... No police personal get $55K per annum here....

NJC_Manhattan
12-04-11, 4:38 pm

I guess to each his own. After dropping aprox 100k on high school, 200k on college, and 150k on grad school. 55k a year does not move the needle for me. Could make more than that being an entrepreneur or just trading my own money for under 1hr a day.

But... Good luck Zubba. Don't let my cynicism stop you from the cop route.

Back To Basics
12-04-11, 5:51 pm
Zubda what are you studying?

intoodeep25
12-04-11, 6:58 pm
I guess to each his own. After dropping aprox 100k on high school, 200k on college, and 150k on grad school. 55k a year does not move the needle for me. Could make more than that being an entrepreneur or just trading my own money for under 1hr a day.

But... Good luck Zubba. Don't let my cynicism stop you from the cop route.

its all about the lifestyle one looks to live i suppose

zubda345
12-04-11, 11:21 pm

But... Good luck Zubba. Don't let my cynicism stop you from the cop route. nah bro never stoppin

its all about the lifestyle one looks to live i suppose it indeed is

Zubda what are you studying?

bachelor in commerce... subjects include for the 1st semester are accounting intro to businesses business math functional english micro economics