PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Apologize for the FORVM Downtime

J-Dawg
11-29-11, 3:41 pm
Fellas, just wanted to apologize for the FORVM being down for the past ~24hours. We've been experiencing some server issues (overloaded with spam bots/increased search indexing) with caused the server to shut down. We've made a few tweaks in the backoffice which will hopefully clear it up going forward. Thanks for your patience.

Also, if anyone reading this is having trouble accessing the FORVM (sign up issues), please email info@animalpak.com so that we can get it squared away for you.

Mr. Dead
11-29-11, 3:44 pm
Is that "Code", for "NG broke it"...??? *LOL*

Nix0r
11-29-11, 3:49 pm

I'm sure it looks like this: http://www.tvsnob.com/pictures/frustrated-guy-clarkk.jpg

J-Dawg
11-29-11, 3:49 pm

Haha, you could say that.

J-Dawg
11-29-11, 3:50 pm
I'm sure it looks like this: http://www.tvsnob.com/pictures/frustrated-guy-clarkk.jpg

That's what he was doing all day, lol.

rev8ball
11-29-11, 3:53 pm
*wipes his forehead*
Whew! I was starting to think it was my 'puter, and was going to go use it for board presses.......

Dave TapouT
11-29-11, 4:46 pm
I started to go through the FORVM withdrawls. sure I'm newly signed up, but I visited before quite often for inspiration and motivation/research. Yesterday I swear I twiched a couple times.

None the Less, My dues are getting paid daily. Glad to know as the brother above, I was thinkin it was my comp as well!

PLANETGETLOW
11-29-11, 6:25 pm
Thought I got banned!!

MELTDOWN
11-29-11, 10:23 pm
this ole boy thought he was banned (like PLANETGETLOW)
was gonna transform into my INVISIBLE ALBINO NINJA form and make a trip to "Joyzie" to skraiten things out...

violator
11-30-11, 2:21 am
Thought I got banned!!

LOL! thats what i thought the last time it happened...haha

Oz_78
11-30-11, 5:41 am
Fess up, who unplugged the cord, someone did it... ha ha

Get that from time to time, wonder how many went to log on then seeing it was down invested that time with a workout, extra meal, few more hours sleep etc etc...still look for the positives.

Cheers.

Universal Rep
11-30-11, 12:48 pm
Thought I got banned!!

Wish... fulfillment??? Haha.

Bruiser
11-30-11, 1:17 pm
Fellas, just wanted to apologize for the FORVM being down for the past ~24hours. We've been experiencing some server issues (overloaded with spam bots/increased search indexing) with caused the server to shut down. We've made a few tweaks in the backoffice which will hopefully clear it up going forward. Thanks for your patience.

Also, if anyone reading this is having trouble accessing the FORVM (sign up issues), please email info@animalpak.com so that we can get it squared away for you.

I bet FREE t-shirts would help make every body feel better... LOL

smoothballer
11-30-11, 1:23 pm
Seems like whoever you guys have gone with to host the forum needs some more work. While the FORVM is a pretty active forum site I know many others with more volume that don't seem to have nearly the problems. Just thoughts from an IT guy.

I actually had to work at work....ahhh...lol

Universal Rep
11-30-11, 1:26 pm

I have enough. Haha.

DANO
11-30-11, 2:18 pm

I agree with this guy! <grin>

D-NUTZ
11-30-11, 2:23 pm
I have enough. Haha.

You can ever have enough free!

Edit: I take that back. One can have waaayy to many free shaker bottles.

Solid Dreams
11-30-11, 3:34 pm
Seems like whoever you guys have gone with to host the forum needs some more work. While the FORVM is a pretty active forum site I know many others with more volume that don't seem to have nearly the problems. Just thoughts from an IT guy.

I actually had to work at work....ahhh...lol

We were debating on whether we should order Uni some geico hamsters...

And yah, free t-shirts!

rev8ball
11-30-11, 4:48 pm
We were debating on whether we should order Uni some geico hamsters...

Row........Row.........Row.........Row.......

LMAO, love that commerical!
But can you imagine the guns on UN hamsters??!!

DANO
11-30-11, 11:27 pm
You can ever have enough free!

Edit: I take that back. One can have waaayy to many free shaker bottles.

well, you can re-gift shaker bottles.... fruitcake on the other hand...... haha

deanna7272
11-30-11, 11:41 pm
Row........Row.........Row.........Row.......

LMAO, love that commerical!
But can you imagine the guns on UN hamsters??!!

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&client=ms-android-verizon&gl=us&biw=400&bih=399&site=images&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=Buff+hamster&oq=Buff+hamster&aq=f&aqi=s1&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=74101l74101l0l77967l1l1l0l0l0l0l174l174l0.1 l1l0&mvs=0#i=0

At least they are getting their cardio in!!

Bruiser
01-23-12, 7:47 am
Anybody else having problems this past few days? I can't get the "New Shit" option to work at all.

MR.TeachFreak
01-23-12, 8:15 am
Anybody else having problems this past few days? I can't get the "New Shit" option to work at all.

Same here. It redirects and says "no data received."

deanna7272
01-23-12, 9:11 am

I have been having an issue getting to my profile and settings also... When I try to get to my started threads etc, it sends me to the no data received message also...

J-Dawg
01-23-12, 9:21 am

I have been having an issue getting to my profile and settings also... When I try to get to my started threads etc, it sends me to the no data received message also...

Thanks for the heads up. We'll take a look and see what's causing the issues.

zubda345
01-23-12, 11:16 am
I am having problems with "find all post" and "find all started threats" I have not tried anything else... FIX THIS ASAP PLZZZZZZZZZZ

J-Dawg
01-24-12, 9:13 am
We actually had to upgrade the FORVM via VBulletin's advice to correct these issues. In the meantime, there may be some issues with the layout/appearance but they are being worked on as we speak.

JasonG
01-24-12, 12:47 pm
New shit seems to be working now but my subscriptions button is gone.

Mr. Dead
01-24-12, 1:39 pm
New shit seems to be working now but my subscriptions button is gone.
On the "Sections" page... Click the "Shortcuts" button... A drop down menu will show... Click "Subscriptions"...

N. Motta
01-24-12, 9:10 pm
At the screen where you're viewing all the general sections, why is there no long a 'Settings' button in the upper right? I really liked that, as it quickly took me to my subbed threads.

Mr. Dead
01-24-12, 9:27 pm
On the "Sections" page... Click the "Shortcuts" button... A drop down menu will show... Click "Subscriptions"...

At the screen where you're viewing all the general sections, why is there no long a 'Settings' button in the upper right? I really liked that, as it quickly took me to my subbed threads.
See above...

deanna7272
01-24-12, 9:33 pm
Thanks for the head's up on how to find my subscriptions!! Whew...

JasonG
01-24-12, 10:42 pm

Thanks, found that but are they getting rid of that button or is there a glitch?

J-Dawg
01-25-12, 10:51 am
The tab should be back now but are there any other issues you guys are incurring? A lot of times when you upgrade (which is necessary to prevent security breaches amongst other issues) things tend to go missing and it takes a little time to discover where they've been moved to.

ghost
01-25-12, 11:18 am
The tab should be back now but are there any other issues you guys are incurring? A lot of times when you upgrade (which is necessary to prevent security breaches amongst other issues) things tend to go missing and it takes a little time to discover where they've been moved to.
cannot reply to anything at all in Google Chrome. I have found that only IE works, and i HATE IE

Mr. Dead
01-25-12, 11:34 am
Everything is underlined...

Solid Dreams
01-25-12, 11:46 am
cannot reply to anything at all in Google Chrome. I have found that only IE works, and i HATE IE
Firefox is sort of working.

Everything is underlined...
It seems like everything is hyperlinked back to the forum main page, when I click the reply box it takes me back to the front page.

J-Dawg
01-25-12, 5:12 pm
We're going to have the IT guy look into the Google Chrome issue first thing in the morning. Not sure why it's doing that.

Solid Dreams
01-25-12, 10:44 pm
Check firefox too, everything is a big hyperlink back to the forums.

JasonG
01-25-12, 10:47 pm
Couldn't respond to a post in Chrome. As soon as I clicked in the text box to type it took me right to the main forum page. In IE now and things seem fine.

Phil800101
01-26-12, 2:35 am
We're going to have the IT guy look into the Google Chrome issue first thing in the morning. Not sure why it's doing that.

Check firefox too, everything is a big hyperlink back to the forums.

Yup, I'm getting the same thing in Firefox as well.

ghost
01-26-12, 8:42 am
doesnt work in Safari either, just get to click on the reply text box, and it brings you back a page.

smoothballer
01-26-12, 8:53 am
Just started working for me in Chrome

N. Motta
01-26-12, 8:58 am
Was having the same problem, using Safari.