PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Getting Enough Fat...

Joe J
11-30-11, 5:20 pm
Hi guys,

I'm having trouble getting enough fat into my diet from clean sources, does anybody have any tips?

I'm currently cutting, I'm 195lbs and are eating the following macros. Let me know if you think there can be any improvements here also.

Training days:
280g protein
150g carbs
60-70g fat

Off days:
280g protein
<100g carbs
90-100g fat.

Cheers,
Joe.

Back To Basics
11-30-11, 6:10 pm
Hmm I think that might be enough fats since your cutting.. You'll scrape by, cheapest way to get fats I think is either Peanut butter or straight up olive oil..

Solid Dreams
11-30-11, 11:26 pm
Thats a lot of protein for cutting.

Anyways, I eat 2-3 salads a day and I put a tsp of extra virgin olive oil in. That with my eggs hits my fats. Omega 3-6-9 caps, animal omega. If you dont eat salad, you can use it as a seasoning for other things that you cook, as well.

Joe J
12-01-11, 2:25 am
Cheers for the advice guys.

If I don't lose weight this week should I change the carb intake, fatt intake or both?

violator
12-01-11, 5:02 am
ur struggling to get the fat in? a tablespoon of olive oil is like 15g of fat...
an avocado is almost 20g depending on size...
theres peanut butter, whole eggs.... the list goes on... getting in 70-100g a day is pretty easy, in fact i have the opposite problem to you, i find i get too much fat in...

If ur not dropping, id say reduce ur carbs a bit...

that provided ur working ur ass off with cardio already...

Aggression
12-01-11, 8:26 am
in fact i have the opposite problem to you, i find i get too much fat in...

That's usually most peoples' problem, haha. Joe J, as others have said, just add a bit of olive oil to every meal. Drizzle it on your carb source, whether it be rice or potatoes. Also, use it to coat your pan when cooking eggs. Boom. Done.

Joe J
12-01-11, 11:15 am
Thanks a lot for all the suggestions, peanut buttter has been bought!!

violator
12-01-11, 11:38 am
Thanks a lot for all the suggestions, peanut buttter has been bought!!

please tell me u got the sugar free one? aka 'natural' peanut butter... cause u dont want that nasty 'enhanced' peanut butter...

Joe J
12-01-11, 2:05 pm
please tell me u got the sugar free one? aka 'natural' peanut butter... cause u dont want that nasty 'enhanced' peanut butter...

Yeah bro, 100% real shit.

Joe J
12-01-11, 2:12 pm
By the way, what does everybody think of tthe macros? They look alright?
Cheers!

violator
12-02-11, 9:32 am
yeah, they look ok... if ur bustin ur ass with the cardio & not losing, id consider dropping around 250-300 cals out of your diet... ru refeeding/ cheating? if you drop cals anymore, id introduce it if ur not already using one.

Appollonian
12-02-11, 10:17 am
I agree with Violator, if you haven't been introducing cheat meals and have been at this level of intake/activity for awhile, it may help your body out a lot to get some extra cals in your system.

Joe J
12-02-11, 10:54 am
yeah, they look ok... if ur bustin ur ass with the cardio & not losing, id consider dropping around 250-300 cals out of your diet... ru refeeding/ cheating? if you drop cals anymore, id introduce it if ur not already using one.

I cheat on satturday nights with one big meal each week, is this enough? Maybe do a ccomplete cheat day on my weakest body part day?

Back To Basics
12-02-11, 5:55 pm
I cheat on satturday nights with one big meal each week, is this enough? Maybe do a ccomplete cheat day on my weakest body part day?

I wouldn't do a whole day, far too many calories - just a big cheat meal should be fine.

Joe J
12-02-11, 6:00 pm
I wouldn't do a whole day, far too many calories - just a big cheat meal should be fine.

Yeah, I usually just smash a huge meal and have all I can manage. Cheers.

violator
12-04-11, 4:43 am

id say cheat before your leg day, that way ul have loadsa strength before the most demanding workout of the week... but whatever u find works for u buddy...

if ur already lean, like under 8%, u might find you benefit from 2 or more cheat meals a week(on diff days)... if ur outside 10% then id say keep with the one... depends on ur metabolism and how you feel though...

id stay away from complete days though, unless you wanna do a controlled refeed by a timed window once a week.

Big Byrd
12-04-11, 2:41 pm
walnuts or pecans in my sweet potatoes with zero calorie caramel or syrup!! Yum!

Joe J
12-04-11, 5:21 pm
walnuts or pecans in my sweet potatoes with zero calorie caramel or syrup!! Yum!

This sounds great mate