PDA

View Full Version : The Head Shavers Thread

Shukin
11-30-11, 9:41 pm
I'm sure I'm not the only Bad Ass Mo Fo who shaves his head in here....What are your techniques, what kind of razors do you use, etc....
When I was in the Temple we bathed before shaving and I always got a super clean shave. Since leaving I have tried shaving in the shower, in the sink etc. and never got that clean shave, small cuts on the back of my head. At the last ABC in Jersey I sat next to Big Al during the post workout meal and I asked him his secret.......so when I was at Bj's Wear-house I bought a 15 pack of the very very manly Shick Quatro LADIES razors with aloe, I gotta tell ya, I shaved my head in the shower and it's the cleanest head shave I've had in years.......
When I think about it it makes a hell of a lot of sense since women shave very uneven places.....

Any other secrets?

Respect,
Shukin

MR.TeachFreak
11-30-11, 10:25 pm
I have heard great things about this product:

http://www.headblade.com/

I have not tried it myself but the entire line is made for shaving your head. But when I go bald again I will order from them first. Until then I just shave with a nice barbers electric razor.

LittleMan
11-30-11, 10:31 pm
Gillette Fuzion w/ Dove Moisturizing Body Soap

Then the final touch, Baby Lotion w/ Vitamin E (A Must)

I'll sport a fresh shave at ABC Connectict next weekend...lol

Back To Basics
11-30-11, 10:31 pm
Haha !

Toney Freeman uses it
http://www.headblade.com/headbladers.html?blader=26

deanna7272
11-30-11, 11:26 pm
Shukin... Your post cracked me up...lol Ya have to make sure you use multi blade with as many aloe strips as you can get!!

Shukin
12-01-11, 7:54 am
I have heard great things about this product:

http://www.headblade.com/

I have not tried it myself but the entire line is made for shaving your head. But when I go bald again I will order from them first. Until then I just shave with a nice barbers electric razor.

Haha !

Toney Freeman uses it
http://www.headblade.com/headbladers.html?blader=26

I have seen that in the magazines but never in a store.....I wonder how it is....

Gillette Fuzion w/ Dove Moisturizing Body Soap

Then the final touch, Baby Lotion w/ Vitamin E (A Must)

I'll sport a fresh shave at ABC Connectict next weekend...lol
How often are you shaving your dome? and is that Johnson's baby lotion?

Shukin... Your post cracked me up...lol Ya have to make sure you use multi blade with as many aloe strips as you can get!!
You always seem to understand my humor.....I hope it brings joy to your life, now get back to the gym!

Aggression
12-01-11, 8:22 am
When I was shaving my head, I just used this: http://youtu.be/5bgRszdUdhQ

haha, all jokes aside ..

I was bladin' the dome for a short time. I always did it in shower after everything else was done. The hot air/water helps open the pores. I used a regular can of Barbasol and some regular, disposable razors. I then ended up looking for something better and started using a Gillette Fusion blade. It did the job. My hair grows so fast and is so thick that I stopped doing it after a while. I went back to shaving it down with a 0000 blade on a set of clippers. Now I'm letting it grow back out after 2 years. Gotta keep shit interesting, ya know?

Shukin
12-01-11, 8:32 am
I then ended up looking for something better and started using a Gillette Fusion blade. It did the job. Now I'm letting it grow back out after 2 years. Gotta keep shit interesting, ya know?

I was using the Gillette fusion 5 blade, but the things are more expensive than gold these days.....One blade per use really adds up....
Keeping things interesting huh? Maybe I'll go mullet and sport a universal shirt, that's kinda retro.......lol

Aggression
12-01-11, 8:39 am
I was using the Gillette fusion 5 blade, but the things are more expensive than gold these days.....One blade per use really adds up....
Keeping things interesting huh? Maybe I'll go mullet and sport a universal shirt, that's kinda retro.......lol

Yup. After 1-2 shaves, that shit was garbage.

Add in a 'stache and I'm fucking in, bro!

Shukin
12-01-11, 8:46 am
Now your talking, I might even break out my plat form shoes....I think universal should bring back the leisure suit for all their athletes....That would be sick!

Bruiser
12-01-11, 8:58 am
I'm sure I'm not the only Bad Ass Mo Fo who shaves his head in here....What are your techniques, what kind of razors do you use, etc....
When I was in the Temple we bathed before shaving and I always got a super clean shave. Since leaving I have tried shaving in the shower, in the sink etc. and never got that clean shave, small cuts on the back of my head. At the last ABC in Jersey I sat next to Big Al during the post workout meal and I asked him his secret.......so when I was at Bj's Wear-house I bought a 15 pack of the very very manly Shick Quatro LADIES razors with aloe, I gotta tell ya, I shaved my head in the shower and it's the cleanest head shave I've had in years.......
When I think about it it makes a hell of a lot of sense since women shave very uneven places.....

Any other secrets?

Respect,
Shukin

When I shave mine all the way down I use the cheap 2 blade Lady Bic with the aloe strip. Those are actually the only razors we buy in our house (a pack lasts a while between me and the wife and they're under $5 at Target). They're cheap and I get a better shave on my face with less iritation than I do with the expensive blades. But for extra tips for shaving the dome, pick up a bottle of cheap conditoner (I like Suave). And after you shave, massage the conditioner into your scalp and let it sit for a few minutes before you rinse it off. You'll have no irritation this way and it leaves your skin super soft. This works for shaving off any body hair too.

Now your talking, I might even break out my plat form shoes....I think universal should bring back the leisure suit for all their athletes....That would be sick!

If that's the new Universal uniform... Saturday's ABC could be fun to watch!! LOL

Shukin
12-01-11, 9:13 am
When I shave mine all the way down I use the cheap 2 blade Lady Bic with the aloe strip. Those are actually the only razors we buy in our house (a pack lasts a while between me and the wife and they're under $5 at Target). They're cheap and I get a better shave on my face with less iritation than I do with the expensive blades. But for extra tips for shaving the dome, pick up a bottle of cheap conditoner (I like Suave). And after you shave, massage the conditioner into your scalp and let it sit for a few minutes before you rinse it off. You'll have no irritation this way and it leaves your skin super soft. This works for shaving off any body hair too.
I might have to try that, then tell two friends about it who tell two friends, and so on....

that's the new Universal uniform... Saturday's ABC could be fun to watch!! LOL
Dude, you know VinnyG can rock a leisure suite in prime Travolta style.
I wanna see Higa and Ben Seath sporting them in Vegas!!!!!!!!

deanna7272
12-02-11, 12:23 am
You always seem to understand my humor.....I hope it brings joy to your life, now get back to the gym!

It does bring joy, you do understand that I deal witn 300+ teenagers daily... I need some type of adult humor....lol

When I was shaving my head, I just used this: http://youtu.be/5bgRszdUdhQ

Geezzz Boris, remember It's ALL fun and games until someone loses an ear (or two!!)...lol

smoothballer
12-02-11, 8:25 am

Uniform for the Cage?

Shukin
12-02-11, 8:27 am
Uniform for the Cage?
Can you pull it of Doctor? It would have to be a Universal thing, not Animal, animal sticks with Dickies and work boots........

Aggression
12-02-11, 8:39 am
Uniform for the Cage?

Can you pull it of Doctor? It would have to be a Universal thing, not Animal, animal sticks with Dickies and work boots........

I will rock a 'stache at the CAGE, 100%, no questions asked. We should get everyone coming to join in. And then see how many bail out, lol.

Shukin
12-02-11, 8:52 am
I will rock a 'stache at the CAGE, 100%, no questions asked. We should get everyone coming to join in. And then see how many bail out, lol.
innyG can't grow a stashe.....lol
You know Ben Seath and Higa can pull off some crazy ass shit when it comes to entertainment (not to mention strength), I would like to see what Big Ben looks like with a 'bro stache'.......And Mr.Dead......he might even look alive with facial hair!

Bruiser
12-02-11, 8:54 am

innyG can't grow a stashe.....lol
You know Ben Seath and Higa can pull off some crazy ass shit when it comes to entertainment (not to mention strength), I would like to see what Big Ben looks like with a 'bro stache'.......

This could get REAL interesting... or ugly. Depends on how you look at it! LOL

smoothballer
12-02-11, 10:27 am

Would be EPIC for sure

Phil800101
12-02-11, 10:23 pm
Headblade sucks as far as I'm concerned. I used one for awhile, but it's a huge pain-in-the-ass for the back of your head. It doesn't handle the contours well. It does work well for the top of the dome though.

I always shave after a hot shower, making sure to wash my scalp really well with pre-shave face scrub and the hottest water I can stand. I use Gilette Fusion Ultra Sensitive shave gel and a disposable Schick 3 Sensitive razor. Afterwards I rinse and dry it, then rub it down with some Tend Skin to fight razor bumps/irritation. A few minutes later I use some moisturizing aftershave lotion, which not only feels good but gives the head a nice shine as well, lol.

I've found the more often you do it, the more accustomed your scalp becomes, and irritation diminishes significantly.

deanna7272
12-02-11, 11:59 pm
Okay... Here's is my professional input (I AM qualified to give advice, ya know... That's why they keep me around...lmao)

Did you guys ever use regular old hair conditioner? For example, I like Pantene, it's thick and if you apply it and let it sit a bit, it softens the hair AND skin like no other!! I know with shaving cream, IF it has a moisturizer it's decent, but from experience, if I want close, smooth results, I go for the conditioner over anything else...

Just a thought...

Shukin
12-03-11, 12:15 am
Okay... Here's is my professional input (I AM qualified to give advice, ya know... That's why they keep me around...lmao)

Did you guys ever use regular old hair conditioner? For example, I like Pantene, it's thick and if you apply it and let it sit a bit, it softens the hair AND skin like no other!! I know with shaving cream, IF it has a moisturizer it's decent, but from experience, if I want close, smooth results, I go for the conditioner over anything else...

Just a thought...

I'll try it in the morning, I wonder what the person at the register will think when a skin head buys conditioner?

deanna7272
12-03-11, 12:26 am
I'll try it in the morning, I wonder what the person at the register will think when a skin head buys conditioner?

Bahahahaaaa...
((Remember, slather it on, let it set a minute, and then go for it!!))
Keep me posted!!

Bruiser
12-03-11, 7:12 am
Bahahahaaaa...
((Remember, slather it on, let it set a minute, and then go for it!!))
Keep me posted!!

And then follow up with more of it after you shave. Let it sit before you rinse too. Helps just as much.

Bruiser
12-03-11, 7:14 am

Just a thought...

I don't about you anymore... Pantene? I'm a Suave guy (LOL Pun fully intended),

LittleMan
12-03-11, 7:54 am
I stand by Dove Moisturizing Body Wash for lather in the shower...

But the real trick is Johnson's Baby Lotion with Vitamin E after the shower.
(White Bottle-Green & Blue Writing)

Shukin
12-03-11, 8:40 am
I don't about you anymore... Pantene? I'm a Suave guy (LOL Pun fully intended),

Very nicely done

Bruiser
12-03-11, 8:58 am
Very nicely done

Of course it was... I AM Suave.... LOL

deanna7272
12-03-11, 9:59 am
Of course it was... I AM Suave.... LOL

HAHHAHA... Get ya some, Rico!!!

And... BTW... Pantene is the shizzz... ;)

Shukin
12-03-11, 10:36 am
Shopping list for a 6ft 205 lb skin head;
Conditioner
Johnson's baby lotion with vitamin E
Ladies razors
Got It!
Hell might as well grab a quiche and some tampons!!!!!!!!

Where can I buy a skirt!

Bruiser
12-03-11, 11:04 am
Conditioner
Ladies razors
Got It!

Where can I buy a skirt!

Ask Funky... he just bought a new one!! LOL

LittleMan
12-03-11, 2:47 pm
Wife is at the Store now.

Going to Nair today instead....

Bruiser
12-03-11, 3:05 pm
Wife is at the Store now.

Going to Nair today instead....

If you use Nair, be careful! You'll end up burning the holy fuck out of your scalp!! I wouldn't even try it if I were you... Bald and scabby isn't a good look on anyone.

deanna7272
12-03-11, 6:34 pm
Conditioner
Ladies razors
Got It!

Where can I buy a skirt!

Lmao.... Like I said today "who the hell buys quiche????"

Great talking with you today and getting to put a face with a name!!

LittleMan
12-03-11, 7:56 pm
If you use Nair, be careful! You'll end up burning the holy fuck out of your scalp!! I wouldn't even try it if I were you... Bald and scabby isn't a good look on anyone.

OK...Shaved the head like normal. Used a spray foam Nair on the Body for the hell of it.

FUCK!

'Nuff said...

Sprint
12-03-11, 8:04 pm

Just a thought...

Hair conditioner instead of shaving foam? Interesting. From experience, Bruiser's tip of conditioner applied after shaving is a life-saver. Stopped my skin from wanting to just get up & crawl off across the room. Wish I'd known that little gem a week earlier, that was a hellish few days.

Shukin
12-03-11, 8:04 pm
Great talking with you today and getting to put a face with a name!!
Like wise, drive safely tomorrow

deanna7272
12-03-11, 8:22 pm
Hair conditioner instead of shaving foam? Interesting. From experience, Bruiser's tip of conditioner applied after shaving is a life-saver. Stopped my skin from wanting to just get up & crawl off across the room. Wish I'd known that little gem a week earlier, that was a hellish few days.

Yes, it softens anything you have showing and glides smoothly over your skin... ;)

Shukin
12-03-11, 8:31 pm
Yes, it softens anything you have showing and glides smoothly over your skin... ;)

hmmmm, might have to get some and watch that figure dvd I got..........!o!

deanna7272
12-03-11, 8:37 pm
hmmmm, might have to get some and watch that figure dvd I got..........!o!

HA HA HA HA HA!!!! I forgot about that.... Well, at least it won't be worthless like that metal shaker cup....LMAO

Sprint
12-03-11, 9:30 pm

That's getting used in the very near future :D

Shukin
12-03-11, 9:51 pm
That's getting used in the very near future :D
Smells good too......

Sprint
12-04-11, 2:19 pm
Smells good too......

Bonus

Big Byrd
12-04-11, 2:38 pm
i just use horse clippers on the shortest setting. hit my head and face twice a week.

Bruiser
12-05-11, 11:26 am

I just shaved mine all the way down and realized the name of the cheap disposables I use are the lady's Bic Silky Touch. You can get a 10 pack at Target for around $5. And I can use them more than once. So that's a hell of a deal.

Big Al
12-08-11, 8:01 pm

Any other secrets?

Respect,
Shukin

Ya,ya,ya...I use a ladies shick with aloe to shave my beautiful head!!! I'm so pretty.
And the headblade sucks. I used it once an pealed 3 layers of skin off the head.

Enforcer
12-08-11, 8:29 pm
I am a gillette pro glide man myself, that with some barbosol shaving cream and gilette gel after shave and the head stays smooth

Big Al
12-09-11, 8:26 am
I am a gillette pro glide man myself, that with some barbosol shaving cream and gilette gel after shave and the head stays smooth

and that is one pretty head...LOL

Shukin
12-09-11, 8:44 am
Ya,ya,ya...I use a ladies shick with aloe to shave my beautiful head!!! I'm so pretty.
And the headblade sucks. I used it once an pealed 3 layers of skin off the head.

It is indeed. You know it's funny, in theory that headblade looks good and lots of people have told me to use it, thing is none of them shave their heads. Everyone I speak to who has tried it haves it. I gotta be honest, this classy looking pink shick and deanna7272's idea of conditioner (using kiwi stuff I found in the house) in the shower, I am getting a clean shave and saving money! Win Win

I've been studying for my CPT at the library and there is a guy who shaves his head that works at the library, I gave him one of the shicks the other day for him to try, can't wait to hear what he thinks.

deanna7272
12-09-11, 10:30 am

I think the two of you have the most easily identifiable noggins in The Cage... Well, besides the well groomed coifs of Vinny and Big Ant, but you know what they say, "Bald IS Beautiful"... ;)

It is indeed. You know it's funny, in theory that headblade looks good and lots of people have told me to use it, thing is none of them shave their heads. Everyone I speak to who has tried it haves it. I gotta be honest, this classy looking pink shick and deanna7272's idea of conditioner (using kiwi stuff I found in the house) in the shower, I am getting a clean shave and saving money! Win Win

See, I told ya, I know a FEW things...lol ((The things I know might not add up to a hill of beans, but I have some doozies...lol)) I still like the Pantene, just because of the thickness, it doesn't run and you can tell where you have already shaved!!

Big Al
12-09-11, 1:20 pm
I think the two of you have the most easily identifiable noggins in The Cage... Well, besides the well groomed coifs of Vinny and Big Ant, but you know what they say, "Bald IS Beautiful"... ;)

See, I told ya, I know a FEW things...lol ((The things I know might not add up to a hill of beans, but I have some doozies...lol)) I still like the Pantene, just because of the thickness, it doesn't run and you can tell where you have already shaved!!

You know you wanna rub it!! The head that is.... :)

deanna7272
12-09-11, 2:40 pm
You know you wanna rub it!! The head that is.... :)

I WAS going to put that, but some people just wouldn't understand... ;)

Shukin
12-17-11, 8:58 am
I have yet to find a place that sells the Johnson's baby lotion with vitamin E, by the way when did Johnson leave, didn't it used to be Johnson & Johnson? I tried using Lubriderm, it made me break out!
I didn't shave the head for a couple, 3 days and used an old shick quatro, one I have already used several times, a no no with the Mach 5 I used to use, lathered up with conditioner and shaved in the shower......unbelievable! No cuts, and a clean shave. By far the most economical and consistently clean head shave I have ever had. For the record, I have been shaving my head since 97'.

deanna7272
12-17-11, 9:21 am
I have yet to find a place that sells the Johnson's baby lotion with vitamin E, by the way when did Johnson leave, didn't it used to be Johnson & Johnson? I tried using Lubriderm, it made me break out!
I didn't shave the head for a couple, 3 days and used an old shick quatro, one I have already used several times, a no no with the Mach 5 I used to use, lathered up with conditioner and shaved in the shower......unbelievable! No cuts, and a clean shave. By far the most economical and consistently clean head shave I have ever had. For the record, I have been shaving my head since 97'.

There ya go, problem solved.... My day is done....lol

Shukin
12-17-11, 9:25 am
My day is done....lol
Not just yet, I don't have that contract with Shick yet! Get on that shit!

deanna7272
12-17-11, 9:33 am
Not just yet, I don't have that contract with Shick yet! Get on that shit!

Get those headshots in buddy... They gotta see the final product, before and afters, you know....

Shukin
12-17-11, 9:37 am
Get those headshots in buddy... They gotta see the final product, before and afters, you know....
Which is my best side?
Should I get Big Al in there as well?

deanna7272
12-17-11, 10:09 am
Which is my best side?
Should I get Big Al in there as well?

He DOES have a B.E.A.utiful noggin...

Big Al
12-17-11, 9:12 pm
He DOES have a B.E.A.utiful noggin...

AWWWW, Thanks guys.
Just got out of shower ,nice clean shaved....head. :)

Crash
12-28-11, 11:05 am
From a man that has shaven his head for well over 5 years, I have always used a Mach 3 Triple blade. I too used to try and resist the of the strip wearing out and changed my razor every two and a half to three days. Now I change out cartridges every week to week and a half using plain baby oil. (Steel ain't cheap) Just like everything else, the skin of your head will toughen up to the event of pulling three blades over it daily. I do this in the shower. And the trick is to shave against the grain.

For those of you who are doing it for the first time, remember two things.

10% of your body heat comes out of your head. If you do this during the winter make sure you cover you head.

A freshly shaven bald head (as in your first time) is not used to the sun. Trying to reshave a head that has sunburn blisters will really fuck up your day. Use a mild SPF tanning lotion until you develop some resistance on your head.

Strength and Honor

jrh0341
12-30-11, 8:44 pm
I don't shave my head, but some of the tricks I use for my face would probably help. I'm into old school proper shaving (think double blade safety razor. Not the straight razor from mob movies, but the T-handle from Mad Men, WWII Army movies) Don't know if that would work on your head, but the products that come with it would. IE: a good, old style lather, boar brush, and shaving mug. (try proraso shave soap), and a good alcohol free shave gel after. Screw canned foam. that stuff is garbage.

Also, a good shave oil works wonders. Leave the skin wet, smooth a little oil on (dont rub it in, its not lotion) then apply lather over the oil. The oil softens the hair and creates a thin protective layer between the skin and the blade. You get a closer shave and it protects you from nicks.
Try it on your face too actually. Since I started old school shaving, my skin has drastically improved.

Check out artofshaving.com they have lots of good info.

Shukin
12-31-11, 11:25 am
I don't shave my head, but some of the tricks I use for my face would probably help. I'm into old school proper shaving (think double blade safety razor. Not the straight razor from mob movies, but the T-handle from Mad Men, WWII Army movies) Don't know if that would work on your head, but the products that come with it would. IE: a good, old style lather, boar brush, and shaving mug. (try proraso shave soap), and a good alcohol free shave gel after. Screw canned foam. that stuff is garbage.

Also, a good shave oil works wonders. Leave the skin wet, smooth a little oil on (dont rub it in, its not lotion) then apply lather over the oil. The oil softens the hair and creates a thin protective layer between the skin and the blade. You get a closer shave and it protects you from nicks.
Try it on your face too actually. Since I started old school shaving, my skin has drastically improved.

Check out artofshaving.com they have lots of good info.
interesting.......been thinking to try one of those brushes for the face