PDA

View Full Version : Seminars, for the 2012 Cage...

Mr. Dead
12-02-11, 12:59 pm
The seminars are always a big hit, and loaded with info... But, what seminars would you guys like to see at the Cage...???

Universal Rep
12-02-11, 1:01 pm
First. And good thread...

Mr. Dead
12-02-11, 1:04 pm
First. And good thread...

I've always loved the seminars... Tons of info, and the opportunity to ask questions with the person right there... A bit more of a personal feel...

Mr. Dead
12-02-11, 2:12 pm
Rage, Wycked, and rev8ball giving some updates and whatnot for HRT...???

The Reps from Universal, Animal, and SportPharma doing a Q&A about products...???

A Roundtable discussion with the athletes and personalities...???

Rage
12-02-11, 2:37 pm
I'm in

Enforcer
12-02-11, 2:45 pm
Always a huge fan of the G Diesel and Warth "shoot the shit" seminar

Big Byrd
12-04-11, 2:53 pm
Richard "Da Ant" Hawthorne giving a DL seminar. Ive consulted him bout mine and he is very knowledgeable and technical. Hell get Big D to chime in with that massive pull he has. The training of those 2 would be invaluable

Big Byrd
12-04-11, 2:54 pm
I would also like to see Ben Seath perform the ditty for "I'm a little tea cup" and "Head, shoulders, knees, and toes"

Seath308
12-04-11, 3:12 pm
I would also like to see Ben Seath perform the ditty for "I'm a little tea cup" and "Head, shoulders, knees, and toes"

Sounds good BUT I can not touch my Toes so that might be a problem!! LOL JK!

Phil800101
12-04-11, 3:40 pm
Juggernaut on the anabolic power of the pop tart.

Phil800101
12-04-11, 3:52 pm
Always a huge fan of the G Diesel and Warth "shoot the shit" seminar

Richard "Da Ant" Hawthorne giving a DL seminar. Ive consulted him bout mine and he is very knowledgeable and technical. Hell get Big D to chime in with that massive pull he has. The training of those 2 would be invaluable

x2 on these.

A seminar on injuries is always good.

I learned a lot from Byrd's squat seminar last year. I think a seminar on the bench press along the same lines (given by someone like Tiny, for example) would be excellent. So many people (myself included) have deficiencies when it comes to flat bench technique...I think everyone, regardless of their focus, can benefit from incorporating PL techniques into their training when it comes to the "big 3."

Mr. Dead
12-06-11, 11:23 am
Keep the ideas coming...

C.Coronato
12-06-11, 11:36 am
x2 on these.

A seminar on injuries is always good.

I like that one. That would help many people.

Also maybe a Dieting one. Two guys a PLer and a BBer. That way people can compare and contrast.

Mr. Dead
12-06-11, 11:47 am
Maybe a seminar on how to prioritize and set a schedule around a busy lifestyle... From guys like BigAnt and Ben Rice, that are in school, or our Pros that juggle careers, homelife, etc...

D-NUTZ
12-08-11, 2:31 pm
Id love to hear another seminar from Ox. Had front row seats to last year's and it was awesome.

G and Wrath's was another awesome one I had front row for. Never a dull moment when they are together.

Mr. Dead
12-09-11, 12:35 pm
I'd love to see a posing seminar...

GUNS
12-10-11, 11:19 am
BigAnt and Vinny talking about lifting into the 40's!

rev8ball
12-10-11, 12:36 pm
I'm in

Ditto

D-NUTZ
12-10-11, 11:19 pm

This would be awesome too.

Back To Basics
12-11-11, 3:32 am

That would be great, Vinny is a great poser right?

"The lost art of posing"

Back To Basics
12-11-11, 3:38 am
Is this exclusively "Animal" Athletes - I'm guessing it's not so what if

-Antoine, Brad and/or Tony are at the Arnold they could give a "Bodybuilding for amateurs" Seminar covering how to market yourself, get your name out in the industry, what the hardest parts about being an amateur are etc etc ?

Of course the classic G-Diesel and Wrath seminars and most certainly another Seminar from Evan!

Phil800101
12-11-11, 4:08 am
Another one that comes to mind would be a seminar, or even better a roundtable on how to keep food interesting and palatable while dieting (whether cutting or clean bulking) without compromising your diet or goals. Maybe even as part of another seminar...I just think it would be great to hear what different people's tips, tricks, and strategies are when it comes to this.

Mr. Dead
12-27-11, 1:45 pm
Any more ideas floatin' around...???

Big Byrd
12-27-11, 3:06 pm
I posted somewhere about having the guy from MobilityWOD.com give a seminar on rehab/prehap proper technical set up for lifts

Wycked
12-29-11, 12:37 am
I think big al and I should do a seminar on being both big and sexy and the challenges of staying both. Lol

machineman
12-29-11, 12:51 am
I like Mr Deads idea of how to really juggle weight training and a busy home life. How people do it, tricks they have found that work. I really struggle with this, especially now that I have another infant in the house. Could really use some advise from guys like Eric and those that have kids. Also tips and tricks for getting meals made and how to work that around family meals.

GUNS
12-29-11, 7:35 am
I think big al and I should do a seminar on being both big and sexy and the challenges of staying both. Lol

I think BigAl should talk about post workout pie filling!

Razor
12-29-11, 8:13 am
Seminars from G, Ox, Wrath and Byrd for sure.

Madcat
12-30-11, 11:17 am
I love the life seminars too, when House, Ox, G, Wrath, all just open up, same with all the guys who are juggling careers, lifes, families, not just BB.

I was just reading MD and Ox's writeup about his new family addition, working on his house, yet still training, same with House, in his thread. These guys(along with most or all of us) balance life, school/work, family, friends, and do it EVERYDAY.

These are the ones I take the most out of. I know I will never be an Ox, or anything even close, but when I hear them talk about lifes struggles it really makes me realize that they do go through the same shit we do.

For instance Wrath's video will be one I watch every morning before I start my AM sessions. With everything he has endured, and to bounce back like he has. Who can't admire him.

BigAnt
01-05-12, 4:28 pm
BigAnt and Vinny talking about lifting into the 40's!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GOOD TOPIC, As of right now, I am not going...hope things will change!

naturalguy
01-05-12, 4:53 pm
Juggernaut on the anabolic power of the pop tart.

This ^^^^^

Wycked
01-07-12, 12:13 am
Being a bodybuilder my handling of heavy weights is something I'm not really accustom too. Especially the weights some of our animal athletes throw around that are power lifters

It might be really cool to have a round table type seminar with all of our power lifters discussing the mental process they go through when getting ready to get under a max squat or get ready to pull for a open rep max. Be interesting to see who gets angry, who stays calm. What thoughts are present when lifting a weight most would never even think possible

Rage
01-14-12, 1:08 pm
I'm in

Ooops...spoke too soon. Maybe next year.

rev8ball
01-14-12, 2:14 pm

Whaaaat??

HIGA MONSTER
01-18-12, 2:41 am
Being a bodybuilder my handling of heavy weights is something I'm not really accustom too. Especially the weights some of our animal athletes throw around that are power lifters

It might be really cool to have a round table type seminar with all of our power lifters discussing the mental process they go through when getting ready to get under a max squat or get ready to pull for a open rep max. Be interesting to see who gets angry, who stays calm. What thoughts are present when lifting a weight most would never even think possible
Great idea big Mike. I'd be down for this.

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

Mr. Dead
01-18-12, 5:35 pm

Whaaaat??

Orrrrrr... Maybe this year, after all...

D-Bone
01-20-12, 5:21 pm

I think this would be a good seminar. Having yourself mentally ready can be the difference between getting a lift and missing it.

D-Bone
01-20-12, 5:25 pm
I like that one. That would help many people.

Also maybe a Dieting one. Two guys a PLer and a BBer. That way people can compare and contrast.

I think that would be a good seminar also. Especially with Animal getting more and more powerlifting athletes.

Wycked
01-21-12, 12:49 am
I think this would be a good seminar. Having yourself mentally ready can be the difference between getting a lift and missing it.

I've found throughout playing college football and going to max's when it came to lifting for bodybuilding that the calmer I stayed until the moment if the actual lift or game the better I performed. Almost like as soon as I got under the bar I unleashed the hate and anger inside. I find much of my strength and drive is directly driven by hate. Its fucked but I recall all the fuckin idiots and horrble shit I've been through right @ that moment and I just attack

Wrath
01-26-12, 4:12 pm
I'm always down to shoot the shit with you guys, and always my partern in crime G diesal.

Razor
01-26-12, 4:14 pm
I'm always down to shoot the shit with you guys, and always my partern in crime G diesal.

One of my fav sessions is you and G just shootin the shit. A must for the Cage.

Phil800101
01-27-12, 2:04 am

I still remember this gem from back in 2007: "I'd rather eat 100 eggs and puke than do cardio." Ha ha, classic. I think that was the first year you guys did that, wasn't it?

One of my fav sessions is you and G just shootin the shit. A must for the Cage.

Same here. Indeed it is, I haven't missed one yet.

Wycked
01-27-12, 9:51 pm
U guys want a funny and eye opening seminar u should let me have the mic in a no BS session. Lol I'm out there anyone that knows me will tell u lol

People would be terrified lol

C.Coronato
01-30-12, 4:40 pm
U guys want a funny and eye opening seminar u should let me have the mic in a no BS session. Lol I'm out there anyone that knows me will tell u lol

People would be terrified lol

hahah. Id be interested in hearing what you would say. I vote for a Big Al/Wycked Seminar.

freighttraindane
01-30-12, 4:42 pm
hahah. Id be interested in hearing what you would say. I vote for a Big Al/Wycked Seminar.

Sounds like a good idea to me

Wycked
01-31-12, 3:54 am
Sounds like a good idea to me

Me and big al reeking havoc in the cage ......... Or just reeking lol.

Mr. Dead
02-06-12, 3:24 pm
Looking forward to seeing what gets cooked up...!!!

Wycked
02-07-12, 12:37 am
Looking forward to seeing what gets cooked up...!!!
Big Al and I should do a "Cookin in the cage" and just stand there making our favorite junk food lol

Mr. Dead
02-07-12, 12:42 am
Big Al and I should do a "Cookin in the cage" and just stand there making our favorite junk food lol
I guess that would depend on your condition, after our UFC match that's been suggested... *LOL*

Mr. Dead
02-07-12, 1:07 am
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?38004-What-should-Mr-Dead-do-at-the-Arnold&p=1194693&viewfull=1#post1194693

I guess that would depend on your condition, after our UFC match that's been suggested... *LOL*
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?38004-What-should-Mr-Dead-do-at-the-Arnold&p=1194693&viewfull=1#post1194693

Mr. Dead
02-09-12, 11:30 am
Can't wait to see what the line-up and schedule looks like...!!!

Mr. Dead
02-17-12, 9:06 am
I'm definitely getting excited to see what gets revealed, in the upcoming days...!!!

Mr. Dead
02-20-12, 3:45 pm
I wonder what knowledge will be dropped on us...???

rev8ball
02-20-12, 5:31 pm
I wonder what knowledge will be dropped on us...???

Like a 10 ton boulder.....