PDA

View Full Version : Theme for the 2012 Cage...

Mr. Dead
12-02-11, 2:15 pm
Seems like every year there's a theme or common thread to every Cage... Any guesses or suggestions, for this year...???

Enforcer
12-02-11, 2:30 pm
Idk about the theme but I cant fuckin wait for the Cage whatever the theme may be

Big Byrd
12-04-11, 2:58 pm
Hustle hard and run shit! --Flag nor Fail

FYI- flag nor fail is a line from a 1940 Winston Churchill speech.
"We shall not flag nor fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France and on the seas and oceans; we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air. We shall defend our island whatever the cost may be; we shall fight on beaches, landing grounds, in fields, in streets and on the hills. We shall never surrender..."

Razor
12-09-11, 4:49 pm
Hmmm i wonder what it could be. It usually has to coincide with someone in the Arnold or a new product...

BamBam
12-12-11, 11:46 am

"We shall not flag nor fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France and on the seas and oceans; we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air. We shall defend our island whatever the cost may be; we shall fight on beaches, landing grounds, in fields, in streets and on the hills. We shall never surrender..."

That speech is awesome.... along the lines of war/churchill speech... would be cool to see a war/battle/camo theme. Hell, how many times have "YOU" or anyone said something along the lines of this lifestyle being a war or a battle with yourself and the iron?

Other than that.. these r themes I have thought of...

1) Red White and Blue
2) Red and Yellow HULKAMANIA style... (boas not included)
3) Black and Silver

its Lbc
12-13-11, 10:31 pm

Awesome speech.

its Lbc
12-13-11, 10:32 pm
That speech is awesome.... along the lines of war/churchill speech... would be cool to see a war/battle/camo theme. Hell, how many times have "YOU" or anyone said something along the lines of this lifestyle being a war or a battle with yourself and the iron?

Other than that.. these r themes I have thought of...

1) Red White and Blue
2) Red and Yellow HULKAMANIA style... (boas not included)
3) Black and Silver

Red, White and Blue would be kinda sick.....a little Cliche though....

BamBam
12-14-11, 12:36 pm
Red, White and Blue would be kinda sick.....a little Cliche though....

Yeah, but sooner or later it has to be done.. "ANIMAL Nation" baby hahaha

its Lbc
12-15-11, 7:20 pm
Very true an All white Shirt with ANIMAL as the American FLAG!!!!!! would be Heavy!

and like "We Support our TROOPS" on the the back.

HEAVY!

Shukin
12-15-11, 8:39 pm
Higa's Trapper sushi guys could set up a sushi bar inside the cage.........

BamBam
12-16-11, 11:29 am
Very true an All white Shirt with ANIMAL as the American FLAG!!!!!! would be Heavy!

and like "We Support our TROOPS" on the the back.

HEAVY!

Black shirt w/ flag. Would make it "pop" more.. and I'd like a cool saying as far as the Legion is concerned..

"We Support our TROOPS"
"United We Stand.."

Something along those lines.

BB-

its Lbc
12-16-11, 12:01 pm
Black shirt w/ flag. Would make it "pop" more.. and I'd like a cool saying as far as the Legion is concerned..

"We Support our TROOPS"
"United We Stand.."

Something along those lines.

BB-

Agreed brotha! Showing that ANIMAL stands for unity also....and seeing how this whole bulshit over seas is comig to an end think it is perfect timing too.

BamBam
12-16-11, 12:04 pm
Agreed brotha! Showing that ANIMAL stands for unity also....and seeing how this whole bulshit over seas is comig to an end think it is perfect timing too.

Yeah it is good timing (completely forgot) and we have done everything from red, yellow, black, jerseys, zip hoods (last year), work shirts, and even the green military iconic shirts too.... would be cool to do one to match the green shirt where we "supported our troops" when they were overseas, and now to "welcome them home" now that it's over. Something to think about...

If not, I vote bring back the zip hoodies... dark grey with black writing.

its Lbc
12-16-11, 12:31 pm
Think were on to something here bb....just need everyone to go for it

BamBam
12-16-11, 1:23 pm
Think were on to something here bb....just need everyone to go for it

In the words on Randy McCormick (Stans Dad on South Park)... "If you don't like Amuriccaaa... then yuh can GEEIITOUTTTT!!!"

Hoping everyone hopes on the RWB band wagon!

And I have to say this... why don't we go with a Tim Tebow theme (yes, I'm a TEBOWER)

Nix0r
12-16-11, 1:37 pm
And I have to say this... why don't we go with a Tim Tebow theme (yes, I'm a TEBOWER)

No. Roll Tide!

I think an Iconic decked out in camo (desert would be pretty bitchin) would be pretty damn cool.

Also, I don't think there's been anything done in blue yet.

BamBam
12-16-11, 1:57 pm
No. Roll Tide!

I think an Iconic decked out in camo (desert would be pretty bitchin) would be pretty damn cool.

Good ideas from a smart man.

Shukin
12-16-11, 5:43 pm
Blue is cool. How about instead of the ANIMAL like on the can, the "A" logo as the first letter in America?

Phil800101
12-16-11, 6:48 pm
I'm all for patriotism, and I'm damn proud to be an American. I think it's downright awesome what Animal has done in support of causes such as the Wounded Warrior Project, and the other promos and what not in support of our brothers and sisters serving our country in the military.

That being said, I don't think the theme should be America based. Animal is an international brand. While the majority of the Forum members and Cage visitors are Americans, there are people from all over the world who are on this site and who come to The Cage. In my opinion, Animal transcends one nation or one group of people, almost a nation in and of itself.

Now that would be a badass theme...Animal Nation. It really hasn't been done before (at least not that I'm aware of) and 2012 would be a perfect time to do it considering that the Forum will be five years old next month.

its Lbc
12-16-11, 6:58 pm
I'm all for patriotism, and I'm damn proud to be an American. I think it's downright awesome what Animal has done in support of causes such as the Wounded Warrior Project, and the other promos and what not in support of our brothers and sisters serving our country in the military.

That being said, I don't think the theme should be America based. Animal is an international brand. While the majority of the Forum members and Cage visitors are Americans, there are people from all over the world who are on this site and who come to The Cage. In my opinion, Animal transcends one nation or one group of people, almost a nation in and of itself.

Now that would be a badass theme...Animal Nation. It really hasn't been done before (at least not that I'm aware of) and 2012 would be a perfect time to do it considering that the Forum will be five years old next month.

That is very true..."Animal Nation" theme would be sick!

US ALL as one...I can agree to this. either way it would be fuckin fantastic...Color Schemes anyone?

Phil800101
12-17-11, 12:22 am
I forgot to mention in my post that Animal also has athletes from other countries, as both Wycked and Wrath are Canadians. Just something I wanted to add.

That is very true..."Animal Nation" theme would be sick!

US ALL as one...I can agree to this. either way it would be fuckin fantastic...Color Schemes anyone?

Black and Silver! Just like the Raiders...hell yeah.

its Lbc
12-17-11, 7:14 am
I forgot to mention in my post that Animal also has athletes from other countries, as both Wycked and Wrath are Canadians. Just something I wanted to add.

Black and Silver! Just like the Raiders...hell yeah.

No way! Good thing we (the packers) just beat yas :)

Phil800101
12-17-11, 6:43 pm
No way! Good thing we (the packers) just beat yas :)

Ha ha, I'm a Bears fan first and foremost, and they take priority...but I am definitely a Raiders fan as well.

its Lbc
12-17-11, 7:11 pm
Ha ha, I'm a Bears fan first and foremost, and they take priority...but I am definitely a Raiders fan as well.

O man oh man!

Feel free climb aboard whenever you like bud! O.o

Razor
12-18-11, 7:37 pm
Black and Silver would be pretty damn amazing...As a reference i was looking at how the Raiders make their silver color on their black shirts and it would be pretty sick if Animal could pull this type of stuff off.

its Lbc
12-18-11, 7:48 pm

Well i can agree with the color scheme atleast.... I do like black and silver....

Phil800101
12-18-11, 8:15 pm
Black and Silver would be pretty damn amazing...As a reference i was looking at how the Raiders make their silver color on their black shirts and it would be pretty sick if Animal could pull this type of stuff off.

Well i can agree with the color scheme atleast.... I do like black and silver....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eEF8zplJY8

Razor
12-21-11, 10:16 am
When will the colors be released? haha

deanna7272
12-21-11, 11:25 am

x2.... You know I have to make sure I have coordinating tennies!! ((With the 48 pairs that I have now, I probably have it covered, but you know....lol))

Shukin
12-22-11, 7:42 pm

x2.... You know I have to make sure I have coordinating tennies!! ((With the 48 pairs that I have now, I probably have it covered, but you know....lol))

And I need my manicure, pedicure to match.
What do motels in the area cost? Too cold for a campground?

Phil800101
12-22-11, 8:32 pm

About 10-15 minutes from downtown (both West and East on I-70), you can get a room for about $80-$100 a night, sometimes less. Downtown it would probably run well over $100-$150, if there are even any left.

Hard to say...some years it has been pleasant, with temps staying in the 50s-60s, other years (like the last two years) it can be pretty chilly (30s-40s) with rain/snow and what not.

deanna7272
12-22-11, 9:37 pm

Don't make fun buddy... My NAILS match EVERY year...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/deanna7272/nail.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/deanna7272/669.jpg

I even had them camo, but can't find the pic...

This is the emotion that you experience trying to drive to the Expo Center in a hurry...lol

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/deanna7272/2010%20Cage%20Pics%201/IMG01411.jpg

Yes, it's way too cold...lol You are looking upwards of $100 a night... They RAKE you for that weekend... The closer you get to the Expo Center the higher they are....

Mr. Dead
12-22-11, 10:07 pm
About 10-15 minutes from downtown (both West and East on I-70), you can get a room for about $80-$100 a night, sometimes less. Downtown it would probably run well over $100-$150, if there are even any left.

Hard to say...some years it has been pleasant, with temps staying in the 50s-60s, other years (like the last two years) it can be pretty chilly (30s-40s) with rain/snow and what not.

The year I went, it was cold as hell...!!! Snow and ice, still on the ground... And had one of THE BEST WEEKENDS of my life...!!! And... Hotels serve only one purpose... Sleep and recovery, for the next day's onslaught...

smoothballer
12-23-11, 4:15 pm

Odds are it will be too cold to camp...it is Ohio so you never know. For a couple years we had freaky warm weather in the 60's and it was awesome, but last year it was raining and pretty damn chilly.

I have stayed both within walking distance and a short 15 min drive. I liked walking everywhere better but you have to book the rooms a year in advance and they are a little more pricey but not horrible. It wasn't bad driving into town everyday either.

Razor
12-23-11, 8:13 pm
Don't make fun buddy... My NAILS match EVERY year...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/deanna7272/nail.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/deanna7272/669.jpg

I even had them camo, but can't find the pic...

This is the emotion that you experience trying to drive to the Expo Center in a hurry...lol

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/deanna7272/2010%20Cage%20Pics%201/IMG01411.jpg

Yes, it's way too cold...lol You are looking upwards of $100 a night... They RAKE you for that weekend... The closer you get to the Expo Center the higher they are....

haha i can't wait to see what you bring this year. haha it's been too long D!

Shukin
12-23-11, 9:43 pm
Odds are it will be too cold to camp...it is Ohio so you never know. For a couple years we had freaky warm weather in the 60's and it was awesome, but last year it was raining and pretty damn chilly.

I have stayed both within walking distance and a short 15 min drive. I liked walking everywhere better but you have to book the rooms a year in advance and they are a little more pricey but not horrible. It wasn't bad driving into town everyday either.
I don't mind a 15 or 20 min drive, I wonder if i should fly out and rent a car or drive out....What is the usual schedule?
as far as check in check out, cage, abc? Sorry, this probably isn't the right thread for this.

Phil800101
12-24-11, 4:15 am
I don't mind a 15 or 20 min drive, I wonder if i should fly out and rent a car or drive out....What is the usual schedule?
as far as check in check out, cage, abc? Sorry, this probably isn't the right thread for this.

I started a Cage Q & A thread, I'm going to go ahead and re-post this question there:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?37742-Cage-Q-amp-A&p=1182262#post1182262

Big Byrd
12-24-11, 9:25 am

Non-sense! first year i went to the Mr. O in 2001, i slept in my car in a covered garage. Looking back, thats pretty pathetic; i never should have slept in my car; In fact, i never should have slept at all! Its Vegas baby!

smoothballer
12-24-11, 11:11 am
Non-sense! first year i went to the Mr. O in 2001, i slept in my car in a covered garage. Looking back, thats pretty pathetic; i never should have slept in my car; In fact, i never should have slept at all! Its Vegas baby!

Who sleeps in Vegas? A power nap is acceptable but that's about it.

Big Byrd
12-27-11, 9:22 am
Who sleeps in Vegas? A power nap is acceptable but that's about it.

duly noted. My 30 y/o self is now kicking the shit out of my 20 y/o self; for many reasons other than this! haha

Mr. Dead
01-01-12, 12:34 pm
Maybe something centered around the FORVM's 5th anniversary...???

Razor
01-05-12, 12:48 pm
Any news?

Razor
01-06-12, 10:19 am
Thought i'd post this again haha

http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae273/razorbeast9/animal%20graphics/dickies16.png

deanna7272
01-06-12, 4:11 pm
Are you hinting something???

Razor
01-06-12, 4:16 pm
Are you hinting something???

haha yes i'm hinting at what i'd like to see haha

Wycked
01-07-12, 1:31 pm
The theme of the cage whatever it is will be very cool no doubt. But if it were up to me I'd have the theme center around the fact that people like us (animal athletes and dedicated forum members) are a dying breed. In this bodybuilding world as we know it right now its all smoke and mirrors and fluffy photo shoots and fake weights. Animal and its athletes don't compromise or conform , while everyone else's tweets about their fuckin workout we're still in the gym doing ours.

Promote the idea that people coming by the cage are witnessing the last of a dying breed of freaks and true bodybuilders. Fuckin shirts that say "all go no show" lol or "the last of a dying breed"

What's sets us apart is with us u get the straight fuckin goods. I can only speak for myself but I don't bullshit or sugar coat my opinion of something or someone. If u ask me that's something that's missing in this industry of phony companies and false idols.

Shukin
01-07-12, 1:45 pm
The theme of the cage whatever it is will be very cool no doubt. But if it were up to me I'd have the theme center around the fact that people like us (animal athletes and dedicated forum members) are a dying breed. In this bodybuilding world as we know it right now its all smoke and mirrors and fluffy photo shoots and fake weights. Animal and its athletes don't compromise or conform , while everyone else's tweets about their fuckin workout we're still in the gym doing ours.

Promote the idea that people coming by the cage are witnessing the last of a dying breed of freaks and true bodybuilders. Fuckin shirts that say "all go no show" lol or "the last of a dying breed"

What's sets us apart is with us u get the straight fuckin goods. I can only speak for myself but I don't bullshit or sugar coat my opinion of something or someone. If u ask me that's something that's missing in this industry of phony companies and false idols.

But how do you really feel?

I like it.

Mr. Dead
01-07-12, 2:01 pm

Amen..

Phil800101
01-07-12, 2:11 pm

Word.

Big C
01-07-12, 3:01 pm

Damn, this is fuckin great. Love it. People think I'm weird that I'm at the Cage all weekend and don't explore other booths ane enjoy the "scenery"...and this is the reason why.

Razor
01-07-12, 4:01 pm

Great fuckin' post.

smoothballer
01-07-12, 7:31 pm

Fuck Yes

deanna7272
01-07-12, 7:50 pm

Very well spoken... I like the way you think... That's awesome...

Wycked
01-08-12, 9:28 pm
Damn, this is fuckin great. Love it. People think I'm weird that I'm at the Cage all weekend and don't explore other booths ane enjoy the "scenery"...and this is the reason why.

Why would explore other booths? Lol everyone is just copying us anyway. Lol. Or u get to stand in line to shake hands with a guy that won't remember u 10mins later. Ppl come by the cage and hang out. I'll personally shoot the shit with anyone. I'm nothing special man. Just a big dude that loves to lifts weights like everyone else here

Big C
01-08-12, 10:21 pm
Why would explore other booths? Lol everyone is just copying us anyway. Lol. Or u get to stand in line to shake hands with a guy that won't remember u 10mins later. Ppl come by the cage and hang out. I'll personally shoot the shit with anyone. I'm nothing special man. Just a big dude that loves to lifts weights like everyone else here

That's what I'm sayin bro. A lot of people think goin to the Arnold is all about grabbing free t shirts samples and autographsfrom all the different booths as part of the experience, I could care less about that shit...I prefer hanging at the Cage all day for the past few years now with real dudes who love the sport and lifestyle. Animal/Universal is one company who cares about it's athletes and fan base unlike the phony companies you mentioned, which I agree with.

Wycked
01-09-12, 12:06 am
Decided to go swimming today . Well not swimming I basically stood in the water and moved my right arm and it felt great. My range of motion is very good right now and my scar is healing great. I'm excited for my check up coming up. I wanna start training my pec lightly

Phil800101
01-09-12, 12:39 am
Decided to go swimming today . Well not swimming I basically stood in the water and moved my right arm and it felt great. My range of motion is very good right now and my scar is healing great. I'm excited for my check up coming up. I wanna start training my pec lightly

Hey Mike, I think you posted in the wrong thread, lol.

Wycked
01-09-12, 2:13 am
But how do you really feel?

I like it.

Lmfao. Ya I'm fired up bro! Lol. I can't stand the environment of the Arnold or the olympia. All the smoke and mirrors. That's why I just hang out @ the cage. Don't feel like I blend in anywhere else lol

Firedrake
01-13-12, 11:08 am
Lmfao. Ya I'm fired up bro! Lol. I can't stand the environment of the Arnold or the olympia. All the smoke and mirrors. That's why I just hang out @ the cage. Don't feel like I blend in anywhere else lol

I think I saw your first quote "smoke and mirrors" on facebook, didn't I? In any case, that's why I've been to the cage since 2009, and spent 90% of my time there. I had lots of friends ask me "Why didn't you get your picture taken with the pros?" and "Didn't you see the other booths?" and I had to say "Why? I came to visit the buds I hang with on the forum. Animal's the only place that does it right. I'm not going to stand in line for 45 minutes for a pre printed picture of a pro, signed without him hardly looking at me. If I'm going to see a pro, I want to be able to talk with him or her, and Animal does that. Why should I go elsewhere?".

I -think- we met last year, but am not entirely sure. It was a blur

Thunder Chicken
02-01-12, 2:42 pm
what if you did a mix of Universal old school with the traditional Animal. like the cage part decked out Animal Styles and to the back by the shop part make it Universal style you know like old School? for the shirts do a mix of both have a Universal logo on top of a Animal logo or something? get the best of both worlds

Razor
02-01-12, 5:30 pm
Thinking about this some more, how would you answer this thread? With colors? With images of what will be sold? or does this thread get answered properly when you are in the Cage? I looked at last year's thread and it wasn't really answered, just a lot of guessing at what people would like to see...

smoothballer
02-02-12, 3:52 pm
Inquiring Minds Want To Know!

Universal Rep
02-02-12, 4:17 pm
Animal Classic...

Jay
02-02-12, 4:26 pm
what if you did a mix of Universal old school with the traditional Animal. like the cage part decked out Animal Styles and to the back by the shop part make it Universal style you know like old School? for the shirts do a mix of both have a Universal logo on top of a Animal logo or something? get the best of both worlds

THIS ^ would be very cool. Or a split cage. one side animal, and the other side Universal.

Mr. Dead
02-02-12, 4:29 pm
Animal Classic...

They should change the Arnold Sports Festival to the Animal Classic... Has a nice ring to it...

Big C
02-02-12, 5:09 pm
They should change the Arnold Sports Festival to the Animal Classic... Has a nice ring to it...

I wouldn't disagree with that. What is the Arnold Classic without Animal, anyway. Definately would not be the same.

TheGreatWhite
02-02-12, 8:05 pm

I'm down with the "last of a dying breed" theme. That would be pretty kick ass, have that as the slogan on some of the LE tees, sick as hell! Either way, I'll be there reppin' Animal all weekend! Great post Mike!

Razor
02-03-12, 10:40 am
Animal Classic...

Elaborate a bit more...

Thunder Chicken
02-03-12, 5:00 pm
THIS ^ would be very cool. Or a split cage. one side animal, and the other side Universal.

that's works 2, i just think it would b cool to have a mix of both

deanna7272
02-08-12, 9:06 am
Okay, I have to throw my GIRL CARD here.... Do we have a color scheme yet?? A hint? I have to get my gear in order, I'm a matchy matchy kinda person, you know the nails, the tennies, etc...lol

Razor
02-08-12, 9:08 am
Okay, I have to throw my GIRL CARD here.... Do we have a color scheme yet?? A hint? I have to get my gear in order, I'm a matchy matchy kinda person, you know the nails, the tennies, etc...lol

I've been thinking why don't you just bring your person that does your nails and stuff with you to Ohio? That way she can match you up accordingly right on the spot?

deanna7272
02-08-12, 9:49 am
I've been thinking why don't you just bring your person that does your nails and stuff with you to Ohio? That way she can match you up accordingly right on the spot?

I should bring my entourage with me!! Stylist, nail tech, make up girl, etc... Goodness, sounds high maintenance... Ugh... I am SOOO not...lol

Mr. Dead
02-16-12, 1:37 pm
I should bring my entourage with me!! Stylist, nail tech, make up girl, etc... Goodness, sounds high maintenance... Ugh... I am SOOO not...lol

I'm bettin' that if you just stuck with black, you couldn't go wrong...

deanna7272
02-16-12, 4:58 pm
I'm bettin' that if you just stuck with black, you couldn't go wrong...

I'm starting to think you're right... ;)

RedlegDbell
02-16-12, 8:17 pm

I can top that D. I already know I'm rockin my L.E. ABC shirt I got at the Iron Asylum event for Rage in Cleveland and my Animal Beanie. I've known about my "dork" status for decades....now ya'll do too.

deanna7272
02-16-12, 8:26 pm
I can top that D. I already know I'm rockin my L.E. ABC shirt I got at the Iron Asylum event for Rage in Cleveland and my Animal Beanie. I've known about my "dork" status for decades....now ya'll do too.

That's what it's ALL about... The ability to be yourself within a world of differences forgotten if only for a few days a year... Go on with your dorky self... You do it BEST!!! ;)

RedlegDbell
02-17-12, 2:31 pm
That's what it's ALL about... The ability to be yourself within a world of differences forgotten if only for a few days a year... Go on with your dorky self... You do it BEST!!! ;)

Of course that just covers me for the ABC. I don't know what gear I'll go with the rest of the weekend.