PDA

View Full Version : Broccoli on leg day.....NOT a good idea

Shukin
12-02-11, 11:14 pm
I ate what I thought was an awesome meal for lunch today, 8 oz ground turkey, sweet potato, green beens and broccoli, sure tasted good, went down good too. Had Legs today and let a silent one go, well I had my head phones on so I hope it was silent, I was standing in the power rack like I was in Church, in my own pew......BROCCOLI, no mistake, not the unilive, not the eggs, broccoli.....Never experienced any thing like it.

Moral of the story,Broccoli on leg day.....NOT a good idea.

zubda345
12-03-11, 1:33 am
from personal experience... any veggie on leg days is BAD. Have protein as much as u can before and after training legs....

Bruiser
12-03-11, 7:10 am
I ate what I thought was an awesome meal for lunch today, 8 oz ground turkey, sweet potato, green beens and broccoli, sure tasted good, went down good too. Had Legs today and let a silent one go, well I had my head phones on so I hope it was silent, I was standing in the power rack like I was in Church, in my own pew......BROCCOLI, no mistake, not the unilive, not the eggs, broccoli.....Never experienced any thing like it.

LOL It could've been worse... coulda been mud butt! LOL

Shukin
12-03-11, 8:36 am
LOL It could've been worse... coulda been mud butt! LOL

True, very true, It's just that it reeked of broccoli!, Cabbage is one I have to stay away from...

Shukin
12-03-11, 9:12 am
from personal experience... any veggie on leg days is BAD. Have protein as much as u can before and after training legs....

Lately, well with the help of Big Ant, I found that carbing up around leg day helps with recovery, plus bcaas

Dave TapouT
12-03-11, 9:37 pm
I had my leg day today... puked for the first time after squats. however I didn't eat broccoli... but if its as devistating as you claim.. I may have to... god only knows I want most of these guys at my gym to stay away from me.

Shukin
12-03-11, 9:42 pm
I had my leg day today... puked for the first time after squats. however I didn't eat broccoli... but if its as devistating as you claim.. I may have to... god only knows I want most of these guys at my gym to stay away from me.

Well Done Bro!, yeah give it a go if you want alone time

violator
12-04-11, 4:49 am
..., I was standing in the power rack like I was in Church, in my own pew......

legendary quote bro!

things i hate about broccoli;

1.when you open a tupperware meal with it in it, the whole room looks at you like you cracked the baddest gas off

2. its makes my breath smell & the gf moans at me..

3. the rising price of the damn stuff...

Shukin
12-04-11, 10:16 am
legendary quote bro!

things i hate about broccoli;

1.when you open a tupperware meal with it in it, the whole room looks at you like you cracked the baddest gas off

2. its makes my breath smell & the gf moans at me..

3. the rising price of the damn stuff...
I really like the stuff, I avoid cabbage like the plague because of the never ending gas I get from it. No lie, I was on a evening rush hour train in Japan, jam packed and had Okonomiyaki, a cabbage based pancake/pizza for lunch, it was bad....Thank god I was taller than everyone so at least I could get air. And the Japanese are real quiet on trains so no one said anything, but I saw a few people begin to turn red and sweat from holding their breath!
Absolutely true story.

zubda345
12-04-11, 1:13 pm
Lately, well with the help of Big Ant, I found that carbing up around leg day helps with recovery, plus bcaas

well yes I forgot to say that having ur carbs up also hepls on every exercise....

I had my leg day today... puked for the first time after squats.

I would like to puke someday right after my exercises....

Dave TapouT
12-04-11, 5:42 pm
I would like to puke someday right after my exercises....

I was just happy I was able to stumble to the bathroom in time.... some cardio bunny was about to have a seriously bad day. I'm not a big dude.. but I already feel the vibe against me when I walk into the gym.. I wear my animal gear with pride.. and they know... The Animal is in the house... I go hard as fuck.... Its nice cause with help of fellow animals, I know the do's and dont's of lifting. and everyone in my gym is in the dont's category cause they cant leave their fucking egos at the door.

Adrenaline
12-13-11, 11:29 am

agreed!

if you're having violent farts on the reg you should try taking digestive enzymes. if I don't take an enzyme with a brocolli meal i'm lighting up the house and my cat is headin for the hills.

last time i had brocolli before a squat day i ended up throwing it all up towards the end of my workout

Mr. Dead
12-13-11, 11:36 am
In that case... Stay away from cabbage on that day, as well... *LOL* I had a similar experience with that...