PDA

View Full Version : My lower back issue

zubda345
12-04-11, 1:18 pm
It's been about 2 weeks since I encountered this pain, (after about 3 weeks off from deadlifts) It was when I lifted 122kg or so for 3 reps ... after that a set with 102kg for 9 reps, then a set with 112kg for 2 reps.... couldn't get up on the 3rd reps.... That was the day when I encountered the pain in my lower lats. and I was not fully recovered but I did deads again yesterday which invoked the pain again....

I went in to see a "traditional "doctor"" today, we have here... he said it's not the bone (which my father suspected and was worried about) it's the muscle... It's just that I lifted too much after a long time so muscles couldn't afford it.... he applied 2 types of herbal oils and another kind of herbal ointment and said me to heat my muscles (well I didn't did that but I am feeling a lil less pain now) Now I am thinking to stay away from back workouts for a while.... espacially deadlifts and also Squats and heavy leg presses as the also put weight on the lower back area.... Hope I get fully recovered fast and get back to it ASAP...

zubda345
12-04-11, 1:48 pm
Alright I can't resist I HAVE to write it now... Bare this with me for a while....

While my way down to get myself checked, I was getting some of my flash backs of old lifting days that I never have had an injury before and I was never ever afraid of getting injured, I am always willing to put all I have to get the rep out to lift up to do what I want to be a champion of my own to do what I want to be... I was thinking that what if he said I got some problem in my spine? and what if that is the case? what then? will I ever be permited to lift again? Hell, will I ever be ABLE to lift again? I love this soo much and I live for this. I never want to quit I want to be the best I want to be a champion... I then thought even if he says that I will not lift again, I will get up right in front of him and lift up anything heavy near by no matter how hard it will feel no matter how much pain I will have to bare, I will lift and say "here u go, I will never ever stop doing it, I love it and I don't care if I even break in half, I WILL do it, I WILL recover and I WILL recover and I WILL be a champion, U can't stop me from following my dreams." and at the same time I was thinking that father won't allow me to go to the gym to train again, so I will have to make some excuses to go out and train and I will have to go without my shaker full of water and without my bag and without my towel.... But it dosen't matter... I will manage it some how...

Finally when I reached him, I explained all what happened he checked my back, touched it, presses it and did his thing and said no it's not the bone it's the muscle.... I said Oh thankyou GOD thankyou a million times....

and then I decided to stay away from some back workouts and any workouts which will effect my back until I get fully recovered and then I will come back more strong and will start doing it all over again....

I couldn't resist it now, I had to write it down....

Back To Basics
12-04-11, 6:02 pm
I know how you feel Zub, I was doing Incline press one day - and I was struggling to get the last rep out so I was pushing with everything, I slightly moved my head and BOOM! my whole neck froze up and I couldn't move it, it was stuck and hurt like hell even to twist it... I thought, I might of injured my upper spine some how but I rested for a few days and stretched my upper trap out than one day I wake up and it's gone !
Haha, it was just an extremely tight trap.

Hope you recover quick, and watch your damn back when you deadlift make sure your back is straight and not hunching.

Dave TapouT
12-04-11, 7:55 pm
I had back pain from martial arts before... The best way to dull the pain in your body is with a menthol rub... (tiger balm) works wonders for dulling the pain... Whatever you do.. this may go without saying, but stay away from painkillers... my doctor gave em to me when I was 17... pretty weak ones.. and just kept uping the dosage untill by the time I was 18 I was on the most powerful painkiller on the market. No names mentioned. but, take it easy... let that shit heal before you go tearing it apart again! Good luck bro.

zubda345
12-04-11, 11:13 pm
I know how you feel Zub, I was doing Incline press one day - and I was struggling to get the last rep out so I was pushing with everything, I slightly moved my head and BOOM! my whole neck froze up and I couldn't move it, it was stuck and hurt like hell even to twist it... I thought, I might of injured my upper spine some how but I rested for a few days and stretched my upper trap out than one day I wake up and it's gone !
Haha, it was just an extremely tight trap.

Hope you recover quick, and watch your damn back when you deadlift make sure your back is straight and not hunching.
That neck freezing thing has also happened to me some times but not cause of bb. It hurts like hell and its. Odd when u have to turn around to see what u want...

I also hope to get well asap and get back to my full training schedule...

I had back pain from martial arts before... The best way to dull the pain in your body is with a menthol rub... (tiger balm) works wonders for dulling the pain... Whatever you do.. this may go without saying, but stay away from painkillers... my doctor gave em to me when I was 17... pretty weak ones.. and just kept uping the dosage untill by the time I was 18 I was on the most powerful painkiller on the market. No names mentioned. but, take it easy... let that shit heal before you go tearing it apart again! Good luck bro. naah man i m not gonna go to pain killers... i know their bad effects... i might use some rubs and ointments... i'll see if i am able to find any menthol rub for me... thankx bro.

Carrnage
12-05-11, 6:42 pm
While your recovering lets fix the issue, obviously your forcing your body through a un-natural range of motion during deadlifts/squats, lets fix it.

1)what do you focus on when doing squats and deadliftins? Write it step by step for me

2)every champ has to take a step or two back in their legacy

zubda345
12-06-11, 3:03 am
While your recovering lets fix the issue, obviously your forcing your body through a un-natural range of motion during deadlifts/squats, lets fix it.

1)what do you focus on when doing squats and deadliftins? Write it step by step for me

2)every champ has to take a step or two back in their legacy

Here it is... When I am going to dead lift...

1st I place my hands on the bar, an over under grip, take some deep breaths, get the mind set.

2nd I look front, while grabing the bar with my knees bent at the start position, and lift the bar along with straightening my knees and back and take myself to the standing position (standing position is when I am straight with my chest out and back a lil bit bend backwards)
This is pretty much my start position :http://www.crossfittsac.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/DSC_0719.jpg

This is middle position (when I am goin up): http://robertsontrainingsystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/columbo-deadlift.png

and this is the finish position: http://www.peipowerlifting.com/Kevin%20200kg%20Deadlift%20PEI%20Provincials.jpg

Squats:

1) Position the bar on my shoulders
2) Get back and position my feet about shoulder wide
3) go down until parallel (while keeping the back straight) (taking the hips back and down)
4) get back up while keeping the back straight following the -ve of 3rd step...

This is almost the same like I do it: http://falcon63.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/squat1.gif

Now what's ur responce?

Carrnage
12-06-11, 6:09 pm
Here it is... When I am going to dead lift...

1st I place my hands on the bar, an over under grip, take some deep breaths, get the mind set.

2nd I look front, while grabing the bar with my knees bent at the start position, and lift the bar along with straightening my knees and back and take myself to the standing position (standing position is when I am straight with my chest out and back a lil bit bend backwards)
This is pretty much my start position :http://www.crossfittsac.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/DSC_0719.jpg

This is middle position (when I am goin up): http://robertsontrainingsystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/columbo-deadlift.png

and this is the finish position: http://www.peipowerlifting.com/Kevin%20200kg%20Deadlift%20PEI%20Provincials.jpg

Squats:

1) Position the bar on my shoulders
2) Get back and position my feet about shoulder wide
3) go down until parallel (while keeping the back straight) (taking the hips back and down)
4) get back up while keeping the back straight following the -ve of 3rd step...

This is almost the same like I do it: http://falcon63.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/squat1.gif

Now what's ur responce?

For squats

1)Position your feet with a comfortable stance
2)Bring yourself with your hams
3)As your going down squeeze your glutes, never lose that tension on your glutes, and as you go up continue to squeeze the glutes and shove your feet off the ground, meaning drive off your heels!

For deadlifts

Pretty much similar to the squat except

1)no bouncing off the floor

Actually you know what Zub, pm me, I have a treat for ya. It will explain everything you need to know.

zubda345
12-07-11, 10:22 am
For squats

1)Position your feet with a comfortable stance
2)Bring yourself with your hams
3)As your going down squeeze your glutes, never lose that tension on your glutes, and as you go up continue to squeeze the glutes and shove your feet off the ground, meaning drive off your heels!

For deadlifts

Pretty much similar to the squat except

1)no bouncing off the floor

Actually you know what Zub, pm me, I have a treat for ya. It will explain everything you need to know.

ok bro, here its comes