PDA

View Full Version : My First Cage Experience

Punisher
03-07-07, 2:35 pm
My First Cage Experience
By Punisher

All I have to say is the Arnold Classic Expo is the most humbling event I have ever been to. If you thought you looked good before that weekend, then you didn't after you left. Every time I saw someone who I thought was huge, I’d see someone even bigger... It’s the kind of thing that leaves you hungry for more when you get back home. Right now all I am thinking about is how much more I have to eat and how much harder I need to train to get to where I want to be. Seeing guys like Wrath and Big Al in person was extremely motivating in itself and then when you actually get to know these guys and you realize that behind all that size they are just regular guys like you and me, just trying to improve day to day. That was eye opening.

Working at The Cage may make me seem a little biased when I say The Cage was the center of the Arnold Expo. If you weren’t at The Cage, then you missed a lot. J-Rock’s 635lb raw at a 235 body weight, world record breaking bench was absolutely insane. One of the most impressive things I have ever seen in my life. Something you will most likely only see at The Cage. All the seminars were awesome. I tried to soak up as much info this weekend as I possibly could. There was so much solid information being basically handed out for free during these seminars it was impossible not to learn something new.

I even got the chance to train back with G Diesel and Vinny at the World’s Gym on High and Long. I deviated from my usual routine to train with these guys but it was well worth it. Training with them was sick--my back’s still sore. Besides the two I was training with, the gym was full of other Animals like Big Al, Big Ant and The House who all made me feel smaller than I had earlier in the day at the Expo. It was like this...

I also had the chance to meet some Animal legends like The Lad and Machine as well. Machine is a great guy who has an absolute passion for this sport like nobody else. The guy knows his shit. The Lad has been in this game for a long time and is a world record breaker, powerlifting legend, and an all around good dude.

If you ever have the chance to make it to Columbus in early March, make sure you make it to The Cage. It will be a life-changing, physique-altering experience you will never forget. Spending some time in The Cage and seeing all the Animals made me realize how much I need to step my game up and reevaluate my training and diet. I don't want to waste another second... Time to get big brothers.

D-Bomb
03-07-07, 3:45 pm
thanks for the feedback bro, i cant wait until one day i can witness the ferocity of the cage. it will be intense and shit im going to feel like a stick in the wind compared to these massive gentleman and powerful ladies. haha but cant wait until that day. some day next year or so brothers. when will the date be? same as usual? haha but i agree when i read about the weights being hurled around and how those guys look i thought holy *** i really need to get down and dirty and get bigger.

Havok
03-07-07, 3:53 pm
Nice article Punisher I agree this year the show was insane and it is only going to get better. For anyone who missed it this year you better start making plans for next year because you don't want to miss another chance to visit the Animal Cage. This is a once a year opportunity it is like Christmas for guys in our industry.

Universal Rep
03-07-07, 3:57 pm
Yeah, The Cage is like that... You see one freak, then you see another who's even larger... Makes you feel small, puny. When I went in the past, what I vividly remember is that none of the guys in The Cage had an attitude. They were genuine and down to earth and willing to lend a hand and answer any question you had. That was an awesome experience.

ghost
03-07-07, 4:00 pm
Do we have a date for next years?????? that way i can mark it in my calendar and block off the weekend

Kathy Fields
03-07-07, 4:18 pm
Usually the first weekend in March. They haven't officially set a date yet for Arnold 2008.

G Diesel
03-08-07, 1:12 pm
Nice article Punisher... It was good getting to train and hang with you bro. Peace, G

Madcat
03-08-07, 9:04 pm
Man that was so true and down to earth. Its funny because Im one of the little guys who was standing outside looking in and I realized some of the same things.
I must eat, even when I don't want to, its gotta become second nature.
I gotta train more percisely, if I keep working out the way I am, Ill only stay the same.
And I gotta believe. Seeing these guys in person and knowing they all started somewhere like we did, made me believe more than ever.

It can be done, it just takes sweat and tears.

BigAnt
03-08-07, 10:38 pm
My First Cage Experience
By Punisher

All I have to say is the Arnold Classic Expo is the most humbling event I have ever been to. If you thought you looked good before that weekend, then you didn't after you left. Every time I saw someone who I thought was huge, I’d see someone even bigger... It’s the kind of thing that leaves you hungry for more when you get back home. Right now all I am thinking about is how much more I have to eat and how much harder I need to train to get to where I want to be. Seeing guys like Wrath and Big Al in person was extremely motivating in itself and then when you actually get to know these guys and you realize that behind all that size they are just regular guys like you and me, just trying to improve day to day. That was eye opening.

Working at The Cage may make me seem a little biased when I say The Cage was the center of the Arnold Expo. If you weren’t at The Cage, then you missed a lot. J-Rock’s 635lb raw at a 235 body weight, world record breaking bench was absolutely insane. One of the most impressive things I have ever seen in my life. Something you will most likely only see at The Cage. All the seminars were awesome. I tried to soak up as much info this weekend as I possibly could. There was so much solid information being basically handed out for free during these seminars it was impossible not to learn something new.

I even got the chance to train back with G Diesel and Vinny at the World’s Gym on High and Long. I deviated from my usual routine to train with these guys but it was well worth it. Training with them was sick--my back’s still sore. Besides the two I was training with, the gym was full of other Animals like Big Al, Big Ant and The House who all made me feel smaller than I had earlier in the day at the Expo. It was like this...

I also had the chance to meet some Animal legends like The Lad and Machine as well. Machine is a great guy who has an absolute passion for this sport like nobody else. The guy knows his shit. The Lad has been in this game for a long time and is a world record breaker, powerlifting legend, and an all around good dude.

If you ever have the chance to make it to Columbus in early March, make sure you make it to The Cage. It will be a life-changing, physique-altering experience you will never forget. Spending some time in The Cage and seeing all the Animals made me realize how much I need to step my game up and reevaluate my training and diet. I don't want to waste another second... Time to get big brothers.

Punisher;

What's going on>?

Nice to meet you!

YOU ARE THE MAN!

Hit me with a PM if you want to train...
And we will bust the big grub afterwards, you know I love the food!