PDA

View Full Version : Should Animal Pump be reformulated?

Noob Saibot
12-08-11, 5:13 pm
First off I'm a big fan of Animal and Universal for years. Currently using only Rage and Nitro but have used almost the whole Animal line at some point. Here's the thing though, I look at Animal Pump and it seems very under dosed with its key ingredients. For example, the NO Blast Complex only contains a total of 2 grams, but that's where the citrulline malate, carnosine and arginine are located. None of which come close to a effective studied dose. The Energy Rush Complex is the saving grace in this and probably what most people "feel" working.

Like I said, just looking for some opinions and maybe push some progress. I don't think any of us would NOT want Animal to make an even more powerfull pump product.

Aggression
12-08-11, 5:19 pm
First off I'm a big fan of Animal and Universal for years. Currently using only Rage and Nitro but have used almost the whole Animal line at some point. Here's the thing though, I look at Animal Pump and it seems very under dosed with its key ingredients. For example, the NO Blast Complex only contains a total of 2 grams, but that's where the citrulline malate, carnosine and arginine are located. None of which come close to a effective studied dose. The Energy Rush Complex is the saving grace in this and probably what most people "feel" working.

Like I said, just looking for some opinions and maybe push some progress. I don't think any of us would NOT want Animal to make an even more powerfull pump product.

You mention 'effective studied dose', and I can firmly say that I get the best pumps from Animal Pump when comparing it to Shock Therapy and Rage. I've used all 3 heavily over the last 3-4yrs, and Pump has always been the best 'pump' product. Personally, I don't rely on the findings of 'studies'. I prefer real-world testing/results.

Noob Saibot
12-08-11, 6:09 pm
You mention 'effective studied dose', and I can firmly say that I get the best pumps from Animal Pump when comparing it to Shock Therapy and Rage. I've used all 3 heavily over the last 3-4yrs, and Pump has always been the best 'pump' product. Personally, I don't rely on the findings of 'studies'. I prefer real-world testing/results.

I hear what your saying cause things will work for some people and not for others and what not. Keep in mind I'm not attacking, just why have studies then? Why have research? Why did Animal put 300mg of caffeine in Rage? Because it showed to have a great effect on a majority of people. Maybe Pump is great. Why not make it better based on things we have learned over the last few years?

MRmichael.hooker
12-08-11, 8:07 pm
I hear what your saying cause things will work for some people and not for others and what not. Keep in mind I'm not attacking, just why have studies then? Why have research? Why did Animal put 300mg of caffeine in Rage? Because it showed to have a great effect on a majority of people. Maybe Pump is great. Why not make it better based on things we have learned over the last few years?

I do have to agree with the last bit. I am a fan of Pump, and it always has delivered to me. But, things can always be improved. Shock Therapy for example is being improved. The original orange juiced Rage flavor has been improved. Small tweaks here and there could turn Pump from awesome to ridiculous. Never know. I wouldnt say for sure Pump needs to be reformulated or messed with at all... but it always could be reevaluated and see what happens

Jay
12-08-11, 8:27 pm
I too have experienced nothing but positive results with PUMP. Looking forward to trying the new CEE free version.

GeaterDone
12-08-11, 9:34 pm
I'm new here so for sure don't want to step out of my newbie bounds. I really enjoy pump and i love using it but i felt like it was missing something. I mean nothing crazy a dude of my size it doesn't take much im by far one of the smaller guys that's getting more and more crazy when it comes to the gym and I love every minute of it. I currently really enjoy combinding the two together as previously stated the "Pump" & "Rage" with the red pill removed from the "Pump" that puts me into over drive and by the time i leave the gym its been over 2 hours and i can hardly hold myself up. Always look forward to what Animal Pack does next.

Carrnage
12-08-11, 9:37 pm

Theres some things that happen in the real world that science cannot prove, for example, the sceintific dose for arginine for it to be effective is 30 grams!!

But in reality when I take 1-2 grams I get nasty pump easily!

korn_fed
12-08-11, 9:41 pm
I keep wanting to bring up the quote, "if it aint broke, dont fix it", but Noob did have a good point about making something already great potentially fantastic. Personally, I've been using pump every day for the past two years, so I cant really tell you what the pumps are like because, well, I get them every day. But it would be interesting to see how Universal could improve such a staple of a supplement.

Dave TapouT
12-08-11, 10:58 pm
I keep wanting to bring up the quote, "if it aint broke, dont fix it", but Noob did have a good point about making something already great potentially fantastic. Personally, I've been using pump every day for the past two years, so I cant really tell you what the pumps are like because, well, I get them every day. But it would be interesting to see how Universal could improve such a staple of a supplement.

I need say no more. all I can say with quoting fballfanatik is... THIS.

Universal Rep
12-09-11, 9:19 am

Cuz in the supp industry, legit studies don't apply in the vast majority of cases... And in the rare cases it does, studies don't come to firm, absolute conclusions... It's part of the marketin' spin. Everyone does it, some more than others...

Noob Saibot
12-09-11, 11:10 am
Cuz in the supp industry, legit studies don't apply in the vast majority of cases... And in the rare cases it does, studies don't come to firm, absolute conclusions... It's part of the marketin' spin. Everyone does it, some more than others...

Fair enough. I've used Animal Pump and had good results so I can't say it needs a complete overhaul. Just seems like a NO Complex that has 5 ingredients packed into 2 grams is not very much, but add a little more of what makes it great and who knows...

Universal Rep
12-09-11, 11:12 am
Fair enough. I've used Animal Pump and had good results so I can't say it needs a complete overhaul. Just seems like a NO Complex that has 5 ingredients packed into 2 grams is not very much, but add a little more of what makes it great and who knows...

What would ya change if ya could?

Noob Saibot
12-09-11, 11:54 am
What would ya change if ya could?

Real quick I'm thinking add 2-3g of citrulline and 1-2g of Acetyl-L-carnitine to start.

Noob Saibot
12-09-11, 2:35 pm
Also the addition of beta alanine and l-tyrosine would work.

Preston
12-09-11, 3:42 pm

I think Universal and Animal does their "testing" correctly by selecting a few men & women to beta test their products and then go from there. I've tested Pump, Cuts and Torrent all having rave results. I've also tried Universal products vs. Animal for NO products: NOX3 and Pump. Hands down it's Animal Pump all the way.

Phil800101
12-11-11, 8:55 pm
Anyone ever notice the "studies" tell you to take more, not less? Hmm...

Sometimes I wonder if these "studies" are designed to get people to buy more and use more.

Anyway, just an observation...now onto the question at hand:

For one thing, while you may get short term results from larger doses of certain ingredients in a supplement, those larger doses can also lead to increased tolerances and decreased efficacy. There are those products out there that are just loaded down with a large dose of a certain ingredient or ingredients, and they work really well...for a short time. After awhile though, tolerance builds and the product becomes much less effective if at all.

Furthermore, while products that contain larger doses may be more effective for some people, they may be too much for others. It makes more sense for a product to be dosed so as to be effective for the majority of users than for those few who might find it underwhelming.

Now, I'm not saying that either of these examples apply to Animal Pump. Personally, I've found it to work very effectively, and I generally take it on a daily basis with a week off here or there every few months. I think it's fine just the way it is. That being said, it never hurts to examine things from time to time, and to see what might be done to improve something. Both Cuts and M-Stak have been reformulated in recent years, and now they work better than ever.

Noob Saibot
12-11-11, 11:15 pm
Now, I'm not saying that either of these examples apply to Animal Pump. Personally, I've found it to work very effectively, and I generally take it on a daily basis with a week off here or there every few months. I think it's fine just the way it is. That being said, it never hurts to examine things from time to time, and to see what might be done to improve something. Both Cuts and M-Stak have been reformulated in recent years, and now they work better than ever.

Great post. This last part though was just what I was getting at. U-Rep asked me what I would change and I gave an answer but the truth is I don't know nearly as much as the guys over at Universal who made Animal Pump. There's the thing though, if I'm not mistaken it was made about 5 years ago. I have no doubt in my mind that around every 4 or 5 years they could add something here, take away something there and come up with something that smacks us in the face once again. Look at Rage. Fuckin awesome. Again not saying that Pump or any other Animal stuff is bad just that we are trying to improve ourselves all the time, why would we not ask that of the supplement company we love the most?

Universal Rep
12-12-11, 9:21 am
I think Universal and Animal does their "testing" correctly by selecting a few men & women to beta test their products and then go from there. I've tested Pump, Cuts and Torrent all having rave results. I've also tried Universal products vs. Animal for NO products: NOX3 and Pump. Hands down it's Animal Pump all the way.

There's a whole lotta of testin' that goes on before Corporate ever officially launches a product.... From the lab to the gym. Long before an Animal product gets the official "Alpha Testing" and a Universal supp gets "Beta Testing", they do a lot of in-house testing among the staff and even some of the athletes)... Only then does a supp go to the official testing phase for the public...

C.Coronato
12-12-11, 12:05 pm
Real quick I'm thinking add 2-3g of citrulline and 1-2g of Acetyl-L-carnitine to start.

Have you ever ran that much of those ingredients alone? I know i personally have not, and i can not say if it would be better or worse, but I would be interested in trying!

That being said, I love PUMP for its NO/Creatine properties. That mixed with the energy from RAGE and i have some of the best workouts i have ever experienced.

Noob Saibot
12-12-11, 3:18 pm
Have you ever ran that much of those ingredients alone? I know i personally have not, and i can not say if it would be better or worse, but I would be interested in trying!

That being said, I love PUMP for it's NO/Creatine properties. That mixed with the energy from RAGE and i have some of the best workouts i have ever experienced.

I have bulk citrulline malate that I've added (2g) to Rage from time to time.

C.Coronato
12-12-11, 3:23 pm
I have bulk citrulline malate that I've added (2g) to Rage from time to time.

Thats pretty interesting. What do you feel is different when running that?

Noob Saibot
12-12-11, 3:54 pm
As far as the other stuff I mentioned - I'm no expert. Like anything else what's too much for one person may not be enough for someone else. Companies like Universal have the abilities to figure out what the sweet spots are for the masses so as usual I would trust them. Hopefully no one took this thread the wrong way. Just making some conversation and hoping for bigger and badder Animal products in the future.

Noob Saibot
12-12-11, 4:00 pm
Thats pretty interesting. What do you feel is different when running that?

My last workout I added it and felt such a good pump. Also felt as though I had even more in the tank at the end of the workout and wanted to do more...but time was limited!