PDA

View Full Version : Need help forearm issues.

Dave TapouT
12-09-11, 5:46 pm
Hey brothers, I went hard today at the gym.. it was my arm day. (keepin it short and sweet) when I did straight bar curls, it felt like on my last sets (heavy) that my forearms were ripping... litterally pain ripping feeling.. Then whenever I went heavy on the other exercises.. it kept up again. not sure what the hell that was about.. Can anyone offer me any advice on whats the 411 on this? I dont wanna make anything worse that will put me outta the game... can you blame me?

Lifting_Is_Life
12-09-11, 6:40 pm
Hey brothers, I went hard today at the gym.. it was my arm day. (keepin it short and sweet) when I did straight bar curls, it felt like on my last sets (heavy) that my forearms were ripping... litterally pain ripping feeling.. Then whenever I went heavy on the other exercises.. it kept up again. not sure what the hell that was about.. Can anyone offer me any advice on whats the 411 on this? I dont wanna make anything worse that will put me outta the game... can you blame me?

I do believe from the exercises and the pain you're getting, it might be forearm splints. It is very painful and as far as I know it can't be resolved by any medical attention. Just time really; I didn't pay much attention to my pains after a while and they slowly went away. Will spike every now and again, just try different grips and various bars to find which doesn't hurt the most I suppose.

Henious
12-09-11, 6:47 pm
Hey man I know I had some forearm pain when I first started off due to trying to curl more weight then I could as well as bending my wrists. once I got my form in check and kicked my ego ive never had problem since. In my opnion if your experiencing bad pain theres probably something a little loose in your form. Make sure your weights are proper, wrists are straight and try keeping your elbows alined with your hips not tucked back. Thats about all ive got good luck.

Dave TapouT
12-09-11, 10:11 pm
Forearm splints sound like an idea.... I used to get shin splints from running and I never made a connection. It does feel quite similar. I'm not sure if its from form... I pay serious attention to my form.. I try to not sacrifice form for weight ever. I leave my ego at the door.

almosteasy
12-09-11, 10:18 pm
my left forearm used to cramp when i did bi's or back if i played my guitar too much (either the day before or during the day before i went to the gym)..i think it had something to do with keeping the forearm in a "palm up" motion for an extended period of time..does this sound like your problem at all?

Dave TapouT
12-09-11, 10:38 pm
my left forearm used to cramp when i did bi's or back if i played my guitar too much (either the day before or during the day before i went to the gym)..i think it had something to do with keeping the forearm in a "palm up" motion for an extended period of time..does this sound like your problem at all?

This could be it... but its not a cramp... it surely comes from the palm up postioning though.. thats for sure.