PDA

View Full Version : Really really sore !!

deanus
12-13-11, 2:10 am
Got back into training legs the other day and boy did i get sore !!! Previously i was doing interval sprint training.. That does, in a way reqire strength and power ! I could bust my ass sprinting for an easy half hour and pull up the next day mildly sore.. Now with such little effort i can hardly walk properly. I just thought I'd highlight how different training methods can fuck you up. I know i sound like im complaining. But i was just going to ask of any one else who cares to share of a time when they have over trained or whatever ?

Back To Basics
12-13-11, 5:03 am
Interval type stuff like sprints - cross fit - high intensity intervals really takes it out of you when you are doing the exercise, and you feel really exhausted in the moment BUT afterwards maybe 30 minutes or so later your not as tired as you would be if you trained legs or a big bodypart..

Same thing goes the next day, I never feel sore after interval type work.
At least that's how I feel !

Tiny1102
12-13-11, 11:27 pm
Interval type stuff like sprints - cross fit - high intensity intervals really takes it out of you when you are doing the exercise, and you feel really exhausted in the moment BUT afterwards maybe 30 minutes or so later your not as tired as you would be if you trained legs or a big bodypart..

Same thing goes the next day, I never feel sore after interval type work.
At least that's how I feel !

Ride a bike 15 minutes before and after your leg work-out. It will help you from being so sore.

Carrnage
12-14-11, 8:39 pm
Ride a bike 15 minutes before and after your leg work-out. It will help you from being so sore.

Why

how

Deathride
12-15-11, 4:49 am
I discovered the genius of Ed Coan's warmup yesterday. Am doing the Russian squat routine and it was 6*4 day. And somewhere in my mind I remember an anecdote where the great one would lift light singles up to his max sets then go mental. And so I did (obviously not with the massive weights he was flinging around), putting small jumps on the bar and just doing singles edging up to the working weight....and I felt just as warmed up as I did with my previous 3-4 sets of 5 with much bigger jumps....and far more refreshed to get the main work of the day done.

Think i'm sticking with that one!

Tiny1102
12-15-11, 4:12 pm
Why

how

I ride a bike before and after training my legs. I feel that it loosens me up really good.

strivin for more
12-15-11, 9:16 pm
Got back into training legs the other day and boy did i get sore !!! Previously i was doing interval sprint training.. That does, in a way reqire strength and power ! I could bust my ass sprinting for an easy half hour and pull up the next day mildly sore.. Now with such little effort i can hardly walk properly. I just thought I'd highlight how different training methods can fuck you up. I know i sound like im complaining. But i was just going to ask of any one else who cares to share of a time when they have over trained or whatever ?

funny cause rugby just started up again and i feel the opposite. i could squat all day and be ok the next day, but we hit a few dozen sprints and my legs are spent the next day. haha

Dave TapouT
12-15-11, 10:06 pm
Everyday after leg day (saturday mornings for me) I have to spend the rest of sat and sun walking around bull-legged like someone had their way with me in prison. it sucks. but I consider it dues paid!

BigChrisF
12-16-11, 1:07 am
Everyday after leg day (saturday mornings for me) I have to spend the rest of sat and sun walking around bull-legged like someone had their way with me in prison. it sucks. but I consider it dues paid!

I believe you meant to use the term "bow-legged".

violator
12-16-11, 2:06 am
I ride a bike before and after training my legs. I feel that it loosens me up really good.

yeah, the difference in stiffness is just amazing for me as well if i do some cardio, light walking on the treadmill, after my leg workout... its tough at first, but once u get going, its not that bad...

My worst experience in leg training was after a lay-off... going and training legs with D-bomb, going way too heavy, too much volume... ended up burning my nervous system, the next day i started shaking and feeling like i was getting the flu... had to get a voltaren shot and slept for 20hrs...haha....good times....

Deathride
12-17-11, 2:57 pm
I believe you meant to use the term "bow-legged".

The John Wayne walk is another phrase in common usage I believe! And on this topic, I have fallen down the stairs out of my flat after a heavy squat workout!!

BigChrisF
12-17-11, 6:41 pm
The John Wayne walk is another phrase in common usage I believe! And on this topic, I have fallen down the stairs out of my flat after a heavy squat workout!!

I have fallen up the stairs before after a leg workout. My legs failed and it kinda looked like I just melted up the stairs.

Tiny1102
12-19-11, 8:54 pm
That bike ride helps me walk the next day

deanus
12-24-11, 1:39 am
yeahh .. i must try them tricks! im also partial to an incline walk on the treadmill