PDA

View Full Version : Intensity and Consistency

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Christman
12-16-11, 2:43 pm
Train with intensity, eat with consistency.

This is my first journey and my first real attempt to sculpt who I want to be both on the inside and the outside. I say first real attempt because I have added muscle and dropped body fat in the past but I never been truly focused and willing to completely change my lifestyle and my bad habits to reach my goals. It will be different this time, this time I will succeed; I am willing to do whatever is necessary. If stay true to the title of my journey, it will happen.

Right now I am 195 lbs. and around 18-20% BF. I am doing solo HRT through the end of December and will be starting a serious cutting nutrition and workout plan the first week of January. During that week I have a Bod Pod screening scheduled; this will give me an accurate gauge of where I am at with LBM and BF.

My plan is to follow Rage's diet and workouts that he prescribed for the red team in Iron Contest II. I have read through that thread multiple times and I am amazed on what everyone was able to achieve. I'll be posting my workouts and my diet as I go along, so feel free to chime in if you think there is something I should change up for better results or if you just want to encourage me along the way.

A few more things about me… I am no stranger to hard work and having the odds stacked against me (I'm sure I will talk about this as time goes on). I have a wonderful wife and son who are very supportive. Within the last year I have made big changes in my diet and I am now eating cleanly and taking in about 1.5 gal of water per day. Also, I train at the Metro Fitness in Worthington, OH mainly after work during the week.

Christman
12-17-11, 10:38 am
Hit the gym last night, chest & bi's. This is usually my Thursday workout but it got pushed back a day due to my work's holiday party on Thursday evening. I'll be doing back today (usually on Friday) after a get a few good meals in me.

10 mins on elliptical (warm up)

Solo HRT
Chest:
Incline DB Press - 55's x 8(6), 55's x 8(6)
Bench Press - 145 x 8(6), 145 x 8(6)
Pec Deck - 90 x 8(6), 90 x 8(6)

Biceps:
Bruiser's Bicep Blowout (modified: all 4 sets one side before switching arms)
10 x 20, 15 x15, 20 x 10, 25 x 5 - twice each arm
Standing Concentration Curls - 15 x 8(6)

PWO shake - 50g protein
5 mins on elliptical to cool down

Slept really good last night but didn't get to sleep as early as I wanted. My son had a handful of friends over which made it impossible get any sleep until they left. Let me tell you what, 16 y/o girls are very loud and giggly. But ya know, I was ok with them being loud... if they were being quiet then I would start to worry what was going on.

Christman
12-17-11, 4:29 pm
Got to the gym at noon, I wish I would have gotten up a bit earlier so I could've had another meal in me.

Pre - Rage

Solo HRT
Back:
Wide Grip Pull Down - 120 x 8(5), 110 x 8(6)
DB Row - 65 x 8(5), 60 x 8(6)
Close Grip Pull Down - 110 x 8(5), 100 x 8(6)
Wide Grip Pull Down - 60 x 20 just to get a good pump to finish

PWO shake - 50g protein
5 mins on elliptical to cool down

My arms were still weak from the bi's workout last night which is why I kept dropping weight on the second set of everything. I usually have at least 24 hours and a full day's worth of meals in me before doing back.

I won't be back in the gym until Monday evening(Shoulders & Triceps), so I should be good and rested by then. Also have a family xmas party tomorrow, it'll be nice to see the family and relax.

Christman
12-18-11, 11:27 pm
I know to check the ego at the door and go with what I feel gives me the most work and I can complete my sets. Sometimes I feel that I just can't pull the iron I should.

Christman
12-19-11, 9:36 pm
I didn't go to work today. I have a condition that sometimes causes me to have an accident (yes, a number two) while I sleep. On the nights where something like that happens it just defeats me to where I kinda slip back in to depression and I can't get up and face the day when the alarm goes off. It's really the worst when it has not happened for the longest time and then it then it does for no apparent reason. So I stayed home today, slept in and tried to relax.

I did make it to the gym in the evening once my motivation to go workout had returned. It was a shoulders and tri's day.

Pre - Rage

Solo HRT
Shoulders:
Smith Machine Press - 90 x 8(6), 95 x 8(6)
DB Rear Flys - 15's x 8(5), 10's x 8(6)
Front Plate Raises - 25 x 8(6), 25 x 8(6)
Side Raises Machine - 55 x 8(6), 60 x 8(6)

Triceps
Rope Push Downs - 80 x 8(6), 90 x 8(6)
Upright Bench Press Machine Close Grip - 120 x 8(6), 130 x 8(6)
One Arm Push Down - 30 x 8(5), 25 x 8(6)

PWO shake - 50g protein
no cool down, just some light stretching. I was ready to get home.

Christman
12-20-11, 9:06 pm
I took forever to make it to the gym tonight, had so much to do right after work but I got there. Only about an hour off. Also has a solid meal an hour prior, grilled chicken and brown rice.

Pre - Rage

Solo HRT
Wheels:
Seated Calves - 75 x 8(6), 85 x 8(6)
Standing Calves - 225 x 8(6), 275 x 8(6)

Leg Press - 450 x 8(6), 450 x 8(6)
Leg Extension - 150 x 8(6), 150 x 8(6)

Seated Leg Curl - 100 x 8(6), 100 x 8(6)
Prone Leg Curl - 95 x 8(6), 95 x 8(6)

5 min cooldown on the elliptical.
PWO - more chicken and brown rice + 2 Uni-Liver and 2 digestive enzymes

Cardio in the morning on empty stomach and the rest of the day off.

Christman
12-22-11, 11:32 am
I got cardio in Wednesday (treadmill) and Thursday (recumbent bike) mornings each for 45 mins. Kept the heartrate at 110-120 bpm. This was good practice for getting up and knocking it out since I will be doing this 6 days a week come January.

Chest and biceps tonight.

Solid Dreams
12-22-11, 12:50 pm
I got cardio in Wednesday (treadmill) and Thursday (recumbent bike) mornings each for 45 mins. Kept the heartrate at 110-120 bpm. This was good practice for getting up and knocking it out since I will be doing this 6 days a week come January.

Chest and biceps tonight.

Make sure you ramp up the cardio gradually man. Dont dive into it headfirst because you can plateau.

Great work!

Christman
12-22-11, 1:17 pm
Make sure you ramp up the cardio gradually man. Dont dive into it headfirst because you can plateau.

Great work!

Thanks. I think I will scale back the cardio next week, I plan to do some between xmas and new years just not 6 days of 45 mins, more like 3-4 days at 20-30 mins. I was really just testing to see what time best time would be to wake up, get the cardio in, and get home to eat and shower before dashing off to work. The first week of January is when it will get serious.

No excuses.

Christman
01-02-12, 11:01 pm
Had to take the week off of everything due to being sick, I was already off work for the week so I used the time to get feeling better. It sucked but I needed the rest to get better. I'm using this week to get everything together and my journey will begin 1/9/2012. Stay tuned...

Christman
01-03-12, 8:44 pm
Since I was out of the gym for a week being sick, I decided to do a full body workout today and will do another on Friday to finish my prep for next Monday. I'm also spending this time on making sure I have everything I need to get started... food, containers, meal plan, supplements, work out plans, etc. My plan was to do all of that last week while I was off work but being ill kept me from doing anything... besides I think the time off was good.

1/9/2012 - no turning back.

Christman
01-06-12, 6:52 pm
Had my Bodpod screening yesterday and lets just say that I am not exactly happy with the results and I am not 100% convineced that the reading was accurate.

BF 25%
Weight 195.6 lbs.
LBM 146.6
Fat 49 lbs.

I question this becuase my body is missing a big part of what would be included in my LBM. In 2003 I had my entire large intestine removed and I know that is not considered in my Bodpod screening. I'm thinking that missing internal body part would be at least another 5-10 lbs of LBM. Perhaps I will check at my gym to see if they can do a calliper reading for me just to see if there is a difference.

Since I was out of the gym for an entire week, I did a full body workout on Tuesday and will be doing another tonight. Being sick took a lot out of me, had a hard time eating and sleeping all last week but the time off of the gym was needed. Monday is go-time! No excuses.

Just popped some Rage and heading to the gym now.

Christman
01-08-12, 8:38 pm
Meal plan and supplements - Check
All meals pre-packed - Check
All systems go - Check

Let's do this!
Details will follow tomorrow on day 1.

Christman
01-09-12, 10:15 am
This morning was 45 mins on the dreadmill at a medium pace. I'm planning on doing a total of 45 mins a day for at least the first two weeks on everyday except Tuesday (leg day). Sometimes it will be all 45 mins at once and other days I'll split it into two sessions, one in the a.m. and one after weight training.

Also, so far today I have gotten two meals in on schedule - I will post the details on my nutrition plan later. Eventhough it's only Day 1, I have to make a change to my schedule due to an appointment I have after work during the time I normally train. I'll be doing chest/bi's during lunch instead of in the evening. This means that I am changing my meal-timing up to adjust for this bump in the road. At least I knew this was coming and I could prepare and plan for it. If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.

Christman
01-09-12, 9:12 pm
Macros for today:
Protein - 271g
Carbs - 246g

The carbs will be coming down another 100g over the week followed by a loading day. I'll be sure to post my full meal plan soon as well.

WHEELS TOMORROW!

Christman
01-11-12, 10:17 am
Hit legs hard last night and did 45 mins on the treadmill this morning helped work out some soreness. Diet was 100% on track yesterday and I am done in the gym for the day. Just need to get all meals in and do a little cooking to get me through the rest of the week.

Tuesday's macros:
Protein - 266g
Carbs - 200g
Fats - 70g

Slowly bringing down the carbs, should be at 150g all next week.

Christman
01-17-12, 11:00 am
The first week was good, down 6 lbs to 190. I'm not overly hungry by the time for my next meal but I am always ready to eat. I've done very well preping all of my meals ahead of time and that has been what has kept me on track the most.

My typical day of macros/meals for the first week:

Protein - 266g
Carbs - 200g (I want to bring this down to 150g this week and do a 200g spike on Wednesdays starting the 25th)
Fats - 70g

Meal 1
6 whole eggs
1 cup oats

Meal 2
6 oz. chicken breast
1/3 cup brown rice

Meal 3
6 oz. chicken breast
1/3 cup brown rice

Meal 4
6 oz. chicken breast
5 oz. sour kraut or romaine lettuce or brocolli

Pre and Post WO
Rage
40 g protien shake

Meal 5
6 oz. chicken breast
5 oz. sour kraut or romaine lettuce or brocolli

Liquids:
1.5 gal water
black coffee

Also supplementing with:
Pak
creatine + BCAA's
digestive enzymes
fish oil
fenugreek
green tea extract

Also plan to start a cycle of Cuts either next week or the following week.

Christman
01-19-12, 8:34 am
I'm still on track and sticking to my meal plan and workouts/cardio; down 8lbs overall so far. Not bad for 11 days in, it should even out to about 1-3lbs/week now that the shock to the system is out of the way.

I have a cheat meal scheduled for this Saturday night which I am both looking forward to and kind of dreading at the same time. I'm looking forward to it because we are going out for my buddy's birthday and it is always a good time; I'm dreading it becuase there will be temptations to drink. In order to remove that temptation I have volunteered to be the DD so my wife, my buddy, and his wife can get as crazy as they want. Up until now I'd always come up with some lame excuse not to DD or just not care and get hammered but my goals now go further than just having a night out, getting thrashed, and wasting lots of cash on over-priced cheap beer. I'm past that now. One cheat meal (nothing crazy, probably a big burger or something) and then back on the plan.

Christman
01-23-12, 8:51 pm
Have not had much time to update lately but it is still going well, hopefully can put a full update tomorrow. Real quick update... stuck to my plan Saturday night while we were out, my cheat meal was Shepard's Pie, not the best one I have ever had but it was nice to eat something for enjoyment. I also cut out of the bar to have a meal in the car. Bars are boring as shit when you're the sober one, at least I was able to watch some OSU hoops while my friends were getting shit-faced.

Christman
01-24-12, 4:24 pm
I have been sticking to the meal plan to very last detail. The biggest thing that has gotten me this far without getting off track is that I prep all my meals the night before, all meals except my Pre/PWO and dinner. I make those two feedings right before I head to the gym and dinner while I get the meals ready for the following day. This is day 16 of the journey and I'm down to 188lbs this morning, started at 196lbs.

For the first two weeks, I have been following Rage's workouts for the sets and reps. Yesterday I want back to the solo-HRT reps (2 x 8+6) and will be continuing this for at least the next ten weeks. I was doing solo-HRT in Nov and Dec so I wanted to change it up for a couple of weeks at the start just so I was not doing solo-HRT for a straight 5-6 months. I love the pump from the HRT training!

I've been really good with cardio, 45 mins a day except Tuesdays, no cardio on leg day. Some days I do all 45 in the am, which is right after taking my morning supplements and eating 6 eggs. Some days I split it up to 25 mins in the morning and 20 in the evening. Sundays are another exception... I now have soccer sometime after 4pm on Sundays. If we have a game before 6pm, I'll get in at last 20 mins of cardio in the AM otherwise I will consider soccer as my cardio, it's a real ass-kicker.

Today I cycled my carbs down to 100g for the day, will be carb-loading tomorrow with about 450g (oats in the am, brown rice up until mid-afternoon). Not feeling too bad today so far, we'll see how I feel in the gym during legs.

Christman
01-27-12, 11:47 am
Went to Meijer after my back workout to pick up a new bottle of digestive enzymes. Ended up getting 3 bottles becuase the were 50% off, very awesome. Everything else has been going great. I did a carbo spike with brown rice on Wednesday, damn near ate an entire 16oz. bag. I could feel my metabolism skyroceting that day to keep up with me. Carbo loading days are the best.

I'm pushing back my shoulders/triceps workout that I normally do on Friday nights until Saturday afternoon for the ABC. I'm so pumped for it and the best thing about it is that it is at my home gym which is two blocks from my house. I'm really looking forward to meeting some of the people from here.

I need to get in the habit of posting my lifts here... I'll start that again soon.

Christman
01-29-12, 6:31 pm
I hit the Columbus ABC on Saturday afternoon. How could I not go to this when it was at my home gym just two blocks away? Had a great time and met a lot of cool people from here. I saved my Friday workout of shoulders/triceps for this and took Friday night off since I got all my cardio in that morning.

I had to work an SAT test at Capital University on Saturday morning, this forced me to get up at 5am (on a fucking Saturday!) and get to the gym at 6am for cardio. I knocked out 25 mins on the dreadmill and was able to make it down to the test by 7:15am. I took two meals with me and stepped out of the test twice to get them in.

After the introductions at the ABC, I got to work with Little Z and he popped my cherry on the real HRT. My shoulders and tri's are burning today, FEELS GREAT!

Shoulders
BB press 2 sets of 115lbs x 8/4
Front cable raises 2 sets of 40lbs x 8/4
Side DB laterals 1 set of 15lbs x 8/4 and 1 set of 20lbs x 8/4

Triceps
Close grip bench 2 sets of 165lbs x 8/4
OH DB extenstions 2 sets of 65lbs x 8/4
Tricep push downs - 1 set of 60lbs to failure

I skipped going out after the ABC, I had my meals for the day prepped and waiting for me at home. I should be able to schedule a cheat meal in the weekend of the Arnold, so maybe I can go hangout with everyone.

Again, big thanks to Little Z for being my partner on HRT, I now know how it's done properly and I am feeling the pain. I hope to see everyone from Saturday down at the cage in a month!

Little Z
01-29-12, 10:58 pm
Brother you killed it yesterday at the ABC, the dedication you showed is contagious.. I'm glad you were able to experience HRT the way it was meant to be experienced, it is NO joke and having the right training partner/spotter is something you have to take serious. It was great to meet you, and I'll be subbing to your Journey and keeping up with you as much as possible, if you need anything or have any questions hit me up.

Z

Christman
01-30-12, 8:12 am
Brother you killed it yesterday at the ABC, the dedication you showed is contagious.. I'm glad you were able to experience HRT the way it was meant to be experienced, it is NO joke and having the right training partner/spotter is something you have to take serious. It was great to meet you, and I'll be subbing to your Journey and keeping up with you as much as possible, if you need anything or have any questions hit me up.

Z

Right on. I wish I could have hit up Red Robin or the Mongolian BBQ afterwards but I had a meal waiting for me at home. I'll be sure to work in a meal with everyone during the Arnold, I know I'll be able to find something on the menu that will come close to what I would normally eat.

Christman
01-30-12, 6:32 pm
Hit it hard today and meals were spot-on. I managed to get all my meals in despite having a weird schedule today. I only worked a half-day (afternoon) and spent the morning in an interview. That seemed to go really well and if I get an offer it will be a big step for my career.

Chest
Incline BB 1 set of 115lbs x 8/6 (solo HRT style) and I grabbed a spotter and did 1 set of 115lbs x 8/4 (real HRT style)
Decline DB press 1 set of 60lbs x 8/6 (solo HRT style)
Bench press 1 set of 135lbs x 8/4 (real HRT style)
Body-weight dips 1 set to failure

Biceps
Reverse grip EZ-curl curls 2 sets of 50lbs x 8/6 (solo HRT style)
Preacher curl machine 1-arm 2 sets of 30lbs x 8/4 - used my off hand for resistance on the FN's.
Concentration curls 1 set of 15lbs to failure

Overall a good workout and the people that helped me with the FN's were a little unsure at first but understood what I was wanting after we did a dry run. Tomorrow I'll be doing a low carb day, around 50-75g which is mostly from my bcaa/creatine mix and my PO shake. Wednesday I'll be jamming a couple pounds of sweet potatoes down my gullet to spike the carbs.

Christman
02-01-12, 8:56 am
Did wheels last night and I hit them hard. The first day or two after leg day is always a killer because I always take the steps at work, I always have (when practical) and always will as long as I am able. Right now I work up on the 7th floor, so yeah it was brutal this morning. The only time I have not been able to take the steps to work was when I worked downtown and my office was on the 12th floor, the step were not easily accessable by where I had to park. Since we occupied five floors, I used our private stairs whenever I had to go to a different floor to try and make up for taking the elevator.

Anyway, here's what I did in the gym...

WHEELS
Hack squat 140lbs x 8/6 & 150lbs x 8/6
Leg press 2 sets of 6pps x 8/6
Leg ext 2 sets of 130 x 8/6
Standing 1 leg curl 2 sets of 40 x 8/4
Seated curl 2 sets of 110 x 8/4
Calve raise machine 1 set to failure

No cardio of leg day.

I was able to keep the carbs down to 68g for the day, most were pre and PWO and the rest were from a little bit of brown rice in my second meal. Today my meal plan is back to normal with an added 2 pounds of sweet potatoes before mid-afternoon to carb load.

45 mins of cardio before meal 1 today and no training this evening. Hitting back on Thursday.

Christman
02-01-12, 6:27 pm
I'll be an intern in the cage at the Arnold, very excited about this! Let's see how I look and feel in four weeks, no losing focus now.

Christman
02-02-12, 7:27 pm
Boring ass day at work, all I could think about was getting my lift on. I did 45 mins on the treadmill this morning and all meals on schedule with no cheating. My workplace is like a diet-gauntlet, walking down the cube isles if full of temptations like donuts, candy bars, suckers... pretty much if it's some sort of junk food, someone has it sitting out to share. Thank goodness for black coffee!

Back
1 arm seated cable row 2 sets of 70 x 8/6 (saw the house doing these last weekend and had to try them)
DD grip pulldown 2 sets of 110 x 8/6
DB pull over 2 sets of 60 8/6

Traps
BB shrugs 2 sets of 195 x 8/6

Rear Delts
Lying DB reverse flys 2 sets of 10 x 8/6

Meals

Breakfast
6 eggs
Quaker Oatmeal - 3/4 Cup
Animal Pak
Uni-Liver
Green Tea Extract
Fenugreek
Fish Oil

Meal 2
Chicken Breast , 6 oz.
Brown Rice 1/3 cup
Uni-Liver
Digestive Enzymes

Lunch
Chicken Breast , 6 oz.
Brown Rice 1/3 cup
Uni-Liver
Digestive Enzymes
Fish Oil

Meal 4
Chicken Breast , 6 oz.
Sour Kraut, 5 oz.
Uni-Liver
Digestive Enzymes
Fenugreek

Pre & PWO
Animal RAGE
Creatine & BCAA's
Protein shake 50g
Uni-Liver
Digestive Enzymes
Fish Oil

Dinner
Chicken Breast , 6 oz.
Roman Lettuce, 6 oz.
Frank's - Red Hot
Uni-Liver
Digestive Enzymes
Fenugreek

Fluids (over all throughout the day)
about 2 gal water
about 1 pot of black coffee

Christman
02-04-12, 12:09 am
I'm guessing that I should be starting to fell discouraged now. Why you ask? My weight is going back up. I weighed in at 188lbs this morning. I'm not sure why it's going back up. Looking is the mirror doesn't show fat gain, as a matter of fact, the mirror and my progress pics are showing progress. Perhaps it's the creatine holding water for me or I am getting some lean mass. Whatever it is, it's not discouraging me.

I almost postponed going to the gym tonight until Saturday morning. I had a splitting headache at work after lunch but it finally went away when I was on my way home. I think I may be coming down with something, hopefully its nothing I can't power through.

Shoulders
I decided to try something new and do my isolation movement before my compound movements.

Lateral raises 2 sets of 20 x 8/6
Front cable raises 2 sets of 50 x 8/6
DB press 2 sets of 45 x 8/6
Shoulder press machine 90 to failure

Triceps
Close grip bench 2 sets of 120 x 8/6
OH rope extensions 2 sets of 80 x 8/6
Dips bodyweight to failure

Solid Dreams
02-04-12, 12:23 pm
I'm guessing that I should be starting to fell discouraged now. Why you ask? My weight is going back up. I weighed in at 188lbs this morning. I'm not sure why it's going back up. Looking is the mirror doesn't show fat gain, as a matter of fact, the mirror and my progress pics are showing progress. Perhaps it's the creatine holding water for me or I am getting some lean mass. Whatever it is, it's not discouraging me.

I almost postponed going to the gym tonight until Saturday morning. I had a splitting headache at work after lunch but it finally went away when I was on my way home. I think I may be coming down with something, hopefully its nothing I can't power through.

Shoulders
I decided to try something new and do my isolation movement before my compound movements.

Lateral raises 2 sets of 20 x 8/6
Front cable raises 2 sets of 50 x 8/6
DB press 2 sets of 45 x 8/6
Shoulder press machine 90 to failure

Triceps
Close grip bench 2 sets of 120 x 8/6
OH rope extensions 2 sets of 80 x 8/6
Dips bodyweight to failure

Remember, you're going to gain weight with weight lifting. The thing is that you gotta look in the mirror. If you look fuller and leaner, then thats good. If you look fat...well...

Christman
02-04-12, 10:35 pm
Remember, you're going to gain weight with weight lifting. The thing is that you gotta look in the mirror. If you look fuller and leaner, then thats good. If you look fat...well...

Thanks SD. I'm seeing progress in the mirror and my clothes are getting looser on my as well, so there's that.

Christman
02-06-12, 8:07 pm
That's what I am doing with this head cold I have. My only concession was stopping cardio short after my workout today. I figure I should not push to hard while until I am 100%. I was getting pissed while doing cardio too, some mother fucker decided to take the treadmill right beside me. That doesn't normally bother me, it's just that he had about 10 others to choose from and he was hacking and coughing all over the place the entire time. On top of that, some other mother fucker took the other one beside me and kept busting-ass. I was beginning to wonder if the messed his britches.

I was getting pretty pissed, the thought even crossed my mind to hit one of their emergency stop buttons while they were going full speed. As satisfying as that would have been, I knew it was not worth it - they probably would have gotten injured and I might have been banned from the gym or worse (like assault charges) . I knew that was some fucked up thinking going on in my head so I just cut it short and went home to calm down.

Anyways, I did chest and biceps today.

Chest
Neck press - 2 sets of 135 x 8x6
Incline DB press - 2 sets of 60's x 8/6
Pec dec - 2 sets of 90 x8/6

Bi's
Cable ez bar curl - 2 sets of 80 x 8/6
DB hammer curl - 2 sets of 20's x 8/6

Only 30 mins of the dreadmill, and this time it was full of dread.

Christman
02-07-12, 9:24 pm
Just finished mashing up 2.5 lbs of yams for my carbo-blasting tomorrow. I weened down my carbs down again for the past 2 days, so tomorrow I will feast!

I may need to rethink the carb weening on Monday and Tuesday. Those are chest/bi's and leg days. Doing legs on low carbs is kinda of rough but I plow through it. I think the only thing that saves me is the BCAA/Creatine/glutamine mix I take after I warm up on the elliptical, it has 33g of carbs but it's probably all sugar. I plan on switching off that once it's gone.

Oh, another thing... I had three people tell me that I was looking good today and that they can tell I'm slimming down. That sure did make me feel good! I've been having my wife take progress pics every Monday and they are posted over on BodySpace. I can see the changes in those a lot more easily than I can in the mirror, but that's because I can't compare beginning to current very easily that way.

Wheels

Leg press calve extensions - 2 sets of 3pps x 8/6
Leg press - 7pps x 8/4 and 6pps x 8/6
Squat - 2 sets of 185 x 8/4
Leg extension - 130 x 8/6 and 130 x 8/4
Lying leg curl - 120 x 8/6 and 130 x 8/6
Seated leg curl - 2 sets of 100 x 8/4
Standing calve raises - 2 sets of 200 x 8/6

Christman
02-13-12, 10:40 pm
Been extremely busy, trying to find a new job. Also started my first cycle of Cuts today - I'm really looking forward to seeing the results. A big update will come when I have time.

Christman
02-14-12, 8:17 pm
Just because I have not had an update here since last week doesn't mean I quit, I am still going strong. I just had an extrememly busy end of the week and weekend. Like I mentioned last night, I am currently looking for a new job so it is consuming a lot of my free time. I feel like where I am now will never really go anywhere and I am not reallu doing what I would like to be doing. On top of that, I feel that my current employer took advantage of me and now I need to pull myself up and out of that hole. But enough about that crap, here is how my last week has been...

2/9/12 Back, traps, and rear delts

Bent over rows 2 sets of 135 x 8/6
DD pulldowns 2 sets of 110 x 8/6
Straight arm pull downs 2 sets of 90 x 8/6
DB shrugs 2 sets of 60's x 8/6
Rear delt pec deck 2 sets of 50 x 8/6

2/11/12 Shoulders and tri's

DB OHP 2 sets of 50's x 8/6
BB front raises 2 sets of 55 x 8/6
DB side laterals 2 sets of 20's x 8/6
Upright bench machine close grip press 2 sets of 110 x 8/6
Cable push down 2 sets of 110 x 8/6
Cable rope pull down 1 set of 60 to failure

2/13/12 Chest and bi's

Incline BB press 2 sets of 95 x 8/6
DB press 2 sets of 60's x 8/6
Cable x-over 2 sets of 40 x 8/6
Pushups 1 set to failure
EZ-bar reverse curls 2 sets of 50 x 8/6
DB curls 2 sets of 15's x 8/6
1-arm preacher curl machine 2 sets of 30 x 8/4

2/14/12 Wheels

Seated calve raises 2 sets of 90 x 8/6
Hack squats 2 sets of 150 x 8/6
1-leg presses 2 sets of 1pps x 8/6
Leg ext 2 sets of 140 x 8/6
Seated leg curls 2 sets of 110 x 8/4
Standing 1-leg curls 2 sets of 40 x 8/4
Calve extensions 2 sets to failure

Nutrition has been good, had a scheduled cheat meal at the Mellow Mushroom on Saturday night. I ate a lot but did not over-do it. I also did not drink, it was tempting because they have one of the best beer selections in town but I resisted the urge. Monday night was kind of rough, I ended up having a couple extra dips of natty peanut butter in the evening to help curb hunger and bordom... could've been worse I guess, so that was a good decision.

Very low carbs today but being on Cuts and drinking black coffee helped a lot. Tomorrow will be carb-feasting day. I have 2.5 lbs of yams ready to go on top of my normal meals to force my metabolism to wake up. All in all, it's going well though.

I've thought about trying to find a partner to do HRT but I have finding a new job on the horizon. I'd hate to get going on HRT with someone and then have my schedule change and mess us both up. So maybe after I get this work thing all figured out.

Christman
02-21-12, 11:33 am
I think it's time to add to the cardio, kinda been hovering at 183 - 187 lbs depending on the time of day I weigh myself. Up until now I have been doing 45 mins total each day, either all in the am on empty stomach or split where I do half of it after training. I do cardio everyday except Tuesdays which is low carb and leg day. I think I'll jump it up to 60 mins total and see how it's going.

Still being consistent on making it to the gym and killing my workouts, just been busy with the job search and studying. I'll be posting more once this all gets wrapped up, hopefully it will be soon. I have a good feeling about this week!

Christman
02-21-12, 2:54 pm
Looks like I will be interning at The Cage on Friday, happy birthday to me!

Christman
02-27-12, 2:23 pm
My normal split for now is Monday(Chest/biceps), Tuesday(Wheels), Thrusday(Back/traps/rear delts) and Friday(Shoulders/triceps). Last Thrusday night was booked solid so once again everything was pushed back one day and I had to train on Saturday... this is becoming a pattern.

My plan for this week, since next weekend is the Arnold, Mon-Tues will be normal. Train normal Thursday but down at the downtown Metro with some you you guys, work THE CAGE on Friday (cardio only in the am/evening), and train Shoulders/Tris at the National ABC on Saturday.

2/24/12 Back, traps, and rear delts

Bent over rows 2 sets of 135 x 8/6
DD pulldowns 2 sets of 110 x 8/6
Straight arm pull downs 2 sets of 90 x 8/6
DB shrugs 2 sets of 75's x 8/6
Lying rear dealt db raises 2 sets of 10 x 8/6

2/25/12 Shoulders and tri's

DB side laterals 2 sets of 20's x 8/6
Cable upright rows 2 sets of 4110 x 8/6
DB front raises 2 sets of 20's x 8/6
DB OHP 2 sets of 50's x 8/6
Upright bench machine close grip press 2 sets of 110 x 8/6
Cable push down 2 sets of 110 x 8/6
Cable 1-arm pull down 1 set of 30 to failure

I did change up my cardio a bit lately, about 45 mins in the AM fasted after taking cuts and about 20-25 mins in the PM. That helped push me past my plateau of 183 lbs, I was down to 176 lbs this morning.

Christman
02-27-12, 10:07 pm
Good training tonight, did chest/bi's followed by 30 mins of cardio up until the start of the NASCAR race. Spent some time prepping food for later in the week as well.

The main reason for this update is that I want to share a little story of the conversation I had with the checkout clerk at Meijer on Saturday night. So I went to Meijer while I was out Saturday to pick up some more eggs while they were still on sale for 99¢/doz because their sales end on Saturdays. I grab 12 dozen and pick up a couple other things and go to checkout. The clerk is being friendly and trying to make conversation and says something to the effect that I should have enough eggs to last me for 3-4 months. I replied that I would be lucky if they lasted through the end of next week. He was blown away by this. I tried to quickly explain healthy fats but was unable to convince him that this was part of eating healthy and part of my nutrition plan. I don't think he understood at all because he kept asking about my cholesterol.

As much as I like being friendly and interacting with people, whenever this comes up from now on when I buy in bulk I will probably just smile and nod my head.

Kowboy
02-28-12, 10:14 am
I have been lucky lately w/ eggs. A lady that works w/ my mom keeps giving me 2 or 3 dozen lol. They don't last long but a dollar saved means i can spend it on the wife and kids. Sorry I haven't been following your journey, been crazy busy. I look forward to hanging out Thursday and Friday. Your journey is coming together for sure. I am dropping weight as well and my shoulders are starting to fill out a bit. This sucks because I have a hard enough time w/ shirts already lol.

Christman
02-28-12, 1:30 pm
I have been lucky lately w/ eggs. A lady that works w/ my mom keeps giving me 2 or 3 dozen lol. They don't last long but a dollar saved means i can spend it on the wife and kids. Sorry I haven't been following your journey, been crazy busy. I look forward to hanging out Thursday and Friday. Your journey is coming together for sure. I am dropping weight as well and my shoulders are starting to fill out a bit. This sucks because I have a hard enough time w/ shirts already lol.

Yeah eggs don't last long with me either, as a matter of fact my wife got after me last night after she saw that I was packing 8 hard-boiled eggs for breaskfast today. "You are gonna eat 8 eggs for breakfast?!?!" My response, "Well, 2 whole and 6 whites - so it's technically not 8 whole eggs but yeah, 8." She would probably flip if she went out to the keg fridge inthe garage and took a look in it, I believe that there are 18 dozen eggs in there right now. No kegs in it now, I gutted it for this journey; I have been keeping all my food in it so I am not tempted by food my wife and son eat.

I know exactly what you mean by being busy, same here which is why the updates have slacked a little. It'll be great to finally meet you in person to hit the gym and work the cage.

Kowboy
02-28-12, 1:34 pm
Cutting out the beer on the weekends was a brutal decision for me but one that had to be made. I still get tempted w/ food that the wife and kids eat but I have only had 1 or 2 slipups in the last 4 weeks so that is huge progress for me so far. I am excited, only 2 more days until the first Metro meet!

Christman
02-28-12, 2:19 pm
I thought that not drinking beer would be hard for me, but it has not been bad. It's pretty nice not waking up on Saturday/Sunday/Monday morning without a hangover. I think what drives me most to stay clean of it is the fact that I felt a lot of people I know didn't think I could do it for 3 months. It feels so great to be proving them wrong. Now the thought of earning and enjoying a tall cold Bells Two Hearted or Dogfish Head 90 Minute will drive me over the top.

Christman
02-29-12, 10:48 am
Time was short last night but I was not going to skip the training session. Since it was leg night, I decided to pull an old routine out of the bag and knock it out. I was expecting a couple of work phone calls and I had to do A LOT of cooking to make sure I was ready for the Arnold. All in all, I think I baked up about 15lbs of chicken and 4 doz eggs.

2/28/2012
DTP (Dramatic Transformation Principle) Session
Superset of Leg extensions and Leg curls in reps of 50/40/30/20/10/5/10/20/30/40/50 with lightest weight at 50 reps and heaviest at 5 reps. Only rest is to move between machines and take a swig of water.

Leg ext - 50 reps at 80lbs to 5 reps at 155lbs
Leg curls - 50 reps at 60lbs to 5 reps at 110lbs

Now my legs were toasted, did 3 sets of standing calve raises to failure and had to GTFO.

Kowboy
02-29-12, 1:16 pm
I am going to do my prep for Friday tomorrow night. I need to for Saturday as well, I wonder if the guys owuld let me store a lunch box in the cage w/ my food so I didn't have to carry it around the whole time.

Christman
02-29-12, 1:39 pm
I am going to do my prep for Friday tomorrow night. I need to for Saturday as well, I wonder if the guys owuld let me store a lunch box in the cage w/ my food so I didn't have to carry it around the whole time.

Be prepared to carry it all day, not being prepared is no excuse to miss a meal. It'll be awesome if they do have some room to spare to help you out though. Always be prepared to eat all your meals cold and on the go; I look at it as a bonus if I get to heat it up or be able to sit down for a few minutes to enjoy it.

Kowboy
02-29-12, 1:45 pm
I may just break out the backpack and carry it w/ me or something. I am dragging today, 5 hours of sleep just isn't enough for me. What time are you heading out Saturday?

Christman
02-29-12, 1:57 pm
I am not 100% sure, I may go early to try and snag one the LE shirts unless I can get my hands on one Friday. Otherwise I will probably head downtown around 3:00pm - 4:00pm to walk the expo and off to the ABC. My wife and son may not be home on Saturday and if so I will need to take care of the dogs which would keep me from being gone from morning until late Saturday night.

What's your plan?

Kowboy
02-29-12, 1:59 pm
Not sure, I def want to rest up for the ABC. I need to look at the schedule and see if there is anything I want to see Saturday. If not I may go check it out for a couple hours before hitting the ABC.

Christman
03-05-12, 11:49 am
Thursday night I hooked up with Trebin and we rolled downtown to train at Metro. I hit back, traps, and rear delts that night. Met a few other guys that night too like Rage and Wedge, also a few others but names are escaping me.

Worked the cage on Friday, my first duty was to collect the free LE cage shirt forms and hand out the correct size. Those shirts did not last long! I think that the Friday's allotment was gone about 10 mins after the general public was let in the expo. I got to do other random things throughout the day such as helping sell gear, policing the VIP area, taste-testing Atomic7, and gathering participants for the bodyweight bench events. I met so many great people there that there would be way too many to list even if I could remember them all.

Friday night Mr. Dead gave me some pointers on my solo HRT form as I did a second back workout to finish what I started on Thursday. My form was just a bit off so now I should really start to see some nice gains going forward. A bunch of us hit up BD's after for some grub and then I met up with my wife who was still out for happy hour with some of her work friends. Ended up out until 2am but she had a good time and I was able to make sure she got home safely.

Saturday night was insane. A toast of Rage down the hatch and the place went nuts! Blasted shoulders and tri's in the packed house and learned a few things as well, can't wait to do it all again next year! Good food and a good night of sleep to cap it off.

I had a few well-deserved cheat meals over the weekend, so I am back on plan now. I think I needed to reward myself for coming so far in such a short time, now it's time to focus and power through to the end.

Kowboy
03-05-12, 12:05 pm
I hear you on the cheat meals. I have enough rage for a month now so that will be put in to play. I am excited to go slam weights at my gym tonight.

Christman
03-05-12, 1:00 pm
I hear you on the cheat meals. I have enough rage for a month now so that will be put in to play. I am excited to go slam weights at my gym tonight.

I had a lot of stims Thursday - Sunday, may need to take a break from it. One thing is for sure, I'll have enough rage to last a while.

Christman
03-05-12, 1:06 pm
Forgot to mention this. Sunday morning I volunteered to put wristbands on people as they got their tickets for the expo. My shift was 7am-11am but at 9am the supervisor handed me a ticket for the Arnold Morning Weekend Review and told me to split. I got there in time to see most of the interview with Arnold and stayed to see the interviews with Ronnie Coleman, Phil Heath, and Branch. It was an epic end to an epic weekend.

Christman
03-05-12, 9:31 pm
Hit chest and bi's tonight, I didn't really have a plan on the exact movements I wanted to do but I wanted to make sure I got a good pump. I don't really remember exactly how many sets and what weights I used but it went a little something like this. (HIT IT)

Pre-WO
5g creatine
5g glutamine
2 Uni-liver
Rage (needed the boost after a long day at work)

Chest
BB bench 135lbs 3 x 10-15
Inc DB press 55lbs 3 x 10-15
(no rest) Inc DB flys 40lbs to failure and 30lbs to failure.
Upright bench machine - pyramided from 60 to 120 in increments of 20 and failing on each set on the way down
Upright Hammerstrength wide chest - 2 sets of 140lbs x 10
Bodyweight dips to failure.

Biceps
multiple db movements focusing on pump, 2 sets of each varying from 10-25 lbs
Inc curls
Hammer curls
Concentration curls

PWO
6oz baked chicken
5.5oz brown rice (50g carbs)
5g creatine
5g glutamine
2 Uni-liver

I'm out of protein powder now so I will be going with all solid meals for at least until the end of March. It's going to be awesome to chow down after the gym instead of drinking a shake on the way home.

wedge
03-06-12, 8:36 pm
Forgot to mention this. Sunday morning I volunteered to put wristbands on people as they got their tickets for the expo. My shift was 7am-11am but at 9am the supervisor handed me a ticket for the Arnold Morning Weekend Review and told me to split. I got there in time to see most of the interview with Arnold and stayed to see the interviews with Ronnie Coleman, Phil Heath, and Branch. It was an epic end to an epic weekend.

Jealous. Good deal bro.
Was good meeting you this past weekend.

Christman
03-06-12, 10:16 pm
Jealous. Good deal bro.
Was good meeting you this past weekend.

Same here bud. I made it back to the cage as the expo was closing on Sunday and wanted to say goodbye to you but I think you might have left early or were elsewhere helping with something. Such a great weekend and we'll have to hangout more next time you are in town.

Christman
03-06-12, 10:38 pm
Leg night solo HRT style

Pre-WO
5g creatine
5g glutamine
2 Uni-liver
Rage (needed it today for wheels, cutting it out for at least a week now)

Leg Press Calve Raises
Leg Press 2 sets of 8 + 6 (5pps and 2nd with 6pps)
Smith Squats 2 sets of 8 + 6 at 160lbs
Extensions 2 sets of 8 + 6 at 130lbs
Seated leg curls 2 sets of 8 + 4 at 110
Standing Leg Curls 2 sets of 8 + 6 at 45 lbs
Standing Calve Raises

PWO
6oz baked chicken
3oz brown rice (30g carbs)
5g creatine
5g glutamine
2 Uni-liver

It was snowing Monday morning and near 60°F today, so I walked to and from the gym. Takes about 7 mins each way so its a great way to warm up and cool down and its my favorite way to do it. I always feel like a tool whenever I have to drive to the gym since it is so close, now that its getting warmer I should only have to drive in the rain.

Lots of cooking done tonight, about 8lbs of chicken breast and nearly 4 doz eggs. Having everything precooked forces me to stay on track. Plus its nice to just nuke my scrambled eggs (6 whites + 2 whole right now) and have them ready to eat instead of standing over the sink peeling hardboiled eggs for 10 mins. My dogs are not a fan of the scrambled method though, when I eat hardboiled they each get 2 yolks They know the sound of me peeling eggs, so they come barreling down the steps as soon as they hear it.

Off day tomorrow, just cardio.

Later!
-Domi

Christman
03-07-12, 8:28 pm
Got my morning cardio and then started to get a fever and feeling like crap later in the day. I saw a couple of people on twitter that were saying they have been sick since the left the arnold but I guess that's to be expected when you get thousands of nasty pukes packed in to the expo. I'll take a little extra glutamine and fluids to try and kick this, hopefully that helps... and man, I am craving comfort food right now too. I could destroy some DQ or a couple large frostys right now.

Christman
03-07-12, 8:47 pm
Can't believe I forgot to mention this... I accepted a new job today and I am fucking stoked about it! I have been looking to get back in to .NET development ever since I was laid-off from the state back in 2009 and it finally happened today. I did have a 6 month gig of it since then but my consulting firm moved me over to the Business Intelligence group for the past 2 years and I will finally be out. This couldn't have come at a better time either, funds have been tight for quite a while and this is going to help A LOT! So yeah, fucking awesome! Submitting my two-week notice tomorrow and will start on the 26th.

The only downer is that my membership to Metro will jump back up for now. I get it for about $20/month for me and my son through my current employer, it will probably jump up to about $35-$40 each now. After 6 months at the new place, they will cover half the cost of the Metro fees for me.

Christman
03-08-12, 7:56 pm
Other than it raining all day and this cold I have, it was a fucking awesome day! Put in my 2 weeks notice and did my work. This cold had me dragging-ass this morning but once the OTC meds kicked in and I got some coffee in me, I was doing better.

Couldn't walk to the gym since it rained all day long. I love walking to the gym to warm up and cool down, its a great way to get it done and get some fresh air. Today was back, rear delts, and traps. Normally that is the order I do them in but I said fuck-it and went in reverse for something a little different.

Pre-WO
5g creatine
5g glutamine
4 Uni-liver

Rear delts, traps, back
Lying rear delt raises 2 sets of 8+6 at 10lbs
DB shrugs 2 triple drop sets of 80s-55s-40s
Row machine 2 sets of 8+6 at 140lbs
Close grip pulldown 2 sets of 8+6 at 120lbs
Wide grip pulldown 2 triple drop sets of 150-120-80

PWO
6oz baked chicken
5g creatine
5g glutamine
4 Uni-liver

The more I take Uni-liver, the more I love it! I am up to 4 with each meal and Pre-WO and bedtime, will probably stay here. I doubt I bump it up to 6. The best deal I have seen for it so far is over at DPS where it's $19/500 count. I will prolly order 2 of those next week when I need a pak refill.

-Domi

wedge
03-09-12, 10:17 am
Congrats on the new job bro.

Christman
03-09-12, 11:37 am
Congrats on the new job bro.

Thanks bud, I'm really excited about it and can't wait to start! I saw that you said your wife got a new job too, that's awesome!

-Domi

Christman
03-12-12, 11:16 am
Hit shoulders and tris on Friday night, didn't really follow a plan and just went with what was feeling good and what would give me a full pump. Did some cardio over the weekend as well which included the elliptical at home and taking my pack out for walks.

Shoulders
DB side laterals
Machine lateral raises
Front plate raises
Machine OHP

Tris
Cable push downs
Lying 1 arm DB extentions
Rope pulldowns

plus forarms and calves

I've got 2 weeks left on this split:
Mon - chest and bi's
Tues - wheels
Wed - off
Thurs - back, traps, rear delts
Friday - shoulders and tri's
Sat/Sun - off
Only lifting on Sat if I pushed a workout back 1 day during the week for any reason.

I was reading through Enforcers first show journey and saw this split and it really spoke to me for some reason:
Monday: Back and Calves
Tuesday: Chest and Abs
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Legs
Friday: Shoulders and Calves
Saturday: Arms and Abs
Sunday: Off

I think it's because everyone is doing chest on Monday and legs on Tuesday at my gym and it can be frustrating to get it in quickly sometimes. I also like the time between back and wheels becuase I want to start working squats and deads back in and this should give me enough time to recoup between them. The next local ABC, I'm going to get some help with my squat and dead forms to make sure I am doing them right and don't hurt myself.

Christman
03-12-12, 10:44 pm
Still not 100% over this cold and thought about pushing back today's workout until tomorrow. I'm glad that I didn't, got some decent work in and I just hope I'll be able to fall asleep tonight.

Pre-WO
5g creatine
5g glutamine
4 Uni-liver

Chest
BP 135lbs at 4 x 10 (30 sec rest) actually hit 11 on last set!
Inc DB press 60's 4 x 10 (30 sec rest) last set only got to 6 so I picked up 40's and knocked out 5 more
Cable X-over 50's at 4 x 10 (30 sec rest)
Upright bench press machine 80lbs at 2 slow sets to failure for a pump

Biceps
EZ bar curl 50lbs at 4 x 10 (30 sec rest)
Inc DB curls 15lbs pyramided down 10,8,6,4,3,2,1 only rest was when the other arm was working
1 arm preacher DB curls 20lbs at 4 x 10 (30 sec rest)
Few sets of cable curls to finish off

PWO
6oz baked chicken
5g creatine
5g glutamine
4 Uni-liver

Like I said, I hope I can sleep tonight. It was nice going in to the gym later instead of right after work during prime-time traffic, I may do this more often. There was only about 1/3 of the crowd that I an accustomed to seeing and I was able to get another meal in before doing my workout. I don't think my wife was very fond of me getting home after 10pm though.

-Domi

Kowboy
03-12-12, 10:53 pm
Killing it bro, I hear you on sleeping. I am not doing so great at the new place. Plus audits at work and I am just a tad stressed, sucks. Plus using the apt gym is not fun at all but gotta get it done right.

Christman
03-12-12, 11:07 pm
Killing it bro, I hear you on sleeping. I am not doing so great at the new place. Plus audits at work and I am just a tad stressed, sucks. Plus using the apt gym is not fun at all but gotta get it done right.

Make sure you give it your all no matter which gym you are at and sleep will come. I have back from the gym for a little over an hour now I am starting to get relaxed and beginning to feel tired, hopefully I'll be out soon.

Christman
03-13-12, 4:13 pm
Going to go home soon. Walk my pack, cook up some meals for the next few days, and eat before going to the gym to do legs tonight. I am going to try going a little later again to see how it feels and to see what the crowd looks like. A little change in routine is nice plus I didn't have too much issue falling alseep last night, so we'll see what this brings. It's so nice out here today that I'll be walking to and from the gym... after my leg workout, I may regret this decision.

-Domi

Christman
03-13-12, 9:52 pm
Got everything in, almost didn't make the walk home!

Dogs walked, loads of food cooked, and legs destroyed. Great fucking night!

Wheels
Standing calves machine 200lbs at 4 x 10 (30 secs rest)
Leg press 7pps at 4 x 10 (30 secs rest)
Hack squat 100lbs at 4 x 10 (30 secs rest)
Leg ext 135lbs at 4 x 10 (30 secs rest)
Lying leg curls 125lbs at 4 x 10 (30 secs rest)
Standing leg curls 40lbs at 4 x 10 (30 secs rest)
Seated calves raises 90lbs at 4 x 10 (30 secs rest)
Lots of stretching tonight, gonna be sore as hell tomorrow.

Every day I go up 6 flights of stairs (122 steps) to get to my desk, it's gonna suck tomorrow but I'll get it done. Sure, I could take the elevator but FUCK THAT.

-Domi

Christman
03-16-12, 9:35 am
Back, Traps, Rear Delts

Pre-WO
5g creatine
5g glutamine
4 Uni-liver

Deadlift 185lbs 4 x 10 (30 secs rest)
Wide grip pulldowns 110lbs 4 x 10 (30 secs rest) - last set was 120lbs
DB 1 arm rows 45lbs 4 x 10 (30 secs rest) - last 2 sets were with 50lbs
Straight arm pulldowns 100lbs 4 x 10 (30 secs rest)
Hammerstrength seated shrugs 185lbs 4 x 10 (30 secs rest)
Reverse pec deck 50lbs 4 x 10 (30 secs rest) - 2 pronated and 2 supinated

PWO
Salad (romaine lettuce, cucumbers, Mrs. Dash Chipolte seasoning, plus the chicken/rice)
6oz baked chicken
5g creatine
5g glutamine
4 Uni-liver

Walked my pack for about 25 mins after having a meal and walking to the gym. I know I have said this before, but I really love walking to and from the gym. I was feeling good so I decided to start off with deadlifts which is an lift I rarely do - I am looking to change that. Did a few warm up sets and actually pulled 225lbs x 5 but decided to drop it back to 185lbs for the working sets... 4 x 10 (30 secs rest) is exhausting and I knew if I stayed up at 225lbs that my form would suffer and didn't want to risk injuring myself. Everything else felt good, doing 4 x 10 (30 secs rest) really amps up the intensity and I am destroyed when I am done.

It seemed like it took forever to eat my PWO but it sure did fill me up. I didn't think it would be that much food when I made it up but the salad really added a lot to the meal. I'll be sure to add the salad from now on when I know that I need to be full for the rest of the evening.

-Domi

Christman
03-19-12, 9:50 am
Friday night was shoulder and tri's.

Pre-WO
5g creatine
5g glutamine
4 Uni-liver

Standing Machine Side Laterals 60lbs 4 x 10 (30 secs rest)
Seated Smith Press: 135lbs 4 x 10 (30 secs rest)
DB Front Raises (palms facing in) 25lbs 4 x 10 (30 secs rest)
Standing Single Arm DB Side Laterals 20lbs 4 x 10 (30 secs rest)

Supersetted:
BB Upright Rows 4 x 10
with
OHP machine 4 x 10

Cable pushdowns 120lbs 4 x 10 (30 secs rest)
OH DB extenstions 65lbs 4 x 10 (30 secs rest)
1 arm cable extenstions 2 sets to failure.

PWO
6oz baked chicken
5g creatine
5g glutamine
4 Uni-liver

Kowboy
03-19-12, 9:55 am
Looking good man, still feeling the energy from the Arnold? I know I am, I am loving the gym! I actually hate taking a day off now, feels weird.

Christman
03-19-12, 10:07 am
Looking good man, still feeling the energy from the Arnold? I know I am, I am loving the gym! I actually hate taking a day off now, feels weird.

Yeah, it's going to take a long time to "come down" from the Arnold. And I don't care for off days either but ya have to do them. Actually, I think I am about due for a week off soon, been going non-stop since the second week of January so this makes it 12 weeks in a row. A week of rest my do me some good. I can start back up with a different split so that way I am not training chest on national bench day (Monday).

Kowboy
03-19-12, 10:10 am
I thought every day was national bench and bi's day, that is the way it works here.

Christman
03-19-12, 10:26 am
I thought every day was national bench and bi's day, that is the way it works here.

haha! seems that way here too sometimes.

Christman
03-19-12, 10:58 am
Now that I am thinking about it, next week will be the perfect week to take off from the gym. I start a new job that week and it will mark 12 full weeks not missing a training session in the gym and doing cardio about 5 days/week. I'll be able to adjust to the new job and the first week some place new is always draining. It's also hard to say what lunch will look like the first week too, never know if they already have lunch plans for me for the first week.

Since I am taking that week off, should I continue to do any cardio? Part of me says 'yes' and the other part is saying 'HELL NO!' Maybe I'll just take the dogs for a few long walks during the week instead of doing actual cardio.

Christman
03-20-12, 9:40 am
Pre-WO
Rage + a mouthfull of Mrs. Butterworth
5g creatine
5g glutamine
4 Uni-liver

Chest
BP 145lbs at 4 x 10 (30 sec rest)
Inc DB press 55's 4 x 10 (30 sec rest) last set was dropset with 40's then 25's
Pec deck 145lbs at 4 x 10 (30 sec rest)

Superset:
Low pully cable X-over 20's at 2 x 10
with bodyweight dips to failure

Upright bench press machine 70lbs at 3 slow sets to failure for a pump

Biceps
Standing concentration curls 15lbs at 4 x 10 (no rest)
DB curls 25lbs first set alternating for 10, 2nd set straight reps per side 5,4,3,2,1 only rest was when the other arm was working
Standing cable ez bar curls 80lbs at 4 x 10 (30 sec rest)
Few sets of standing concentration curls to finish off with a great pump

PWO
6oz baked chicken
5g creatine
5g glutamine
4 Uni-liver

I really wanted to blast everything, it was my last chest and bi's workout before I take next week off. Wheels tonight!

-Domi

Kowboy
03-20-12, 9:56 am
Exciting for a new job though man, you said it was .Net? At least that is a fun language. I am working on relearning c# although I may focus on python first based on the needs for my new job and the whole hacking environment.

A week off of the gym is going to feel weird, I wouldn't know what to do.

Christman
03-20-12, 10:23 am
Yeah, it's C# in .NET and I am really excited to get back into .NET programming. I did a bunch of stuff in VB.NET while I was at the state a few years ago and didn't want to get out of it but it is what it is. You should focus on what you will need most at your new place but it's always good to refresh on a languague you already are familiar with to get back in the right mindset. I imagine you guys only moved to the new appartment becuase where you were would not do month-to-month? How much longer til you guys can relocate?

The first few days off of the gym will be a relief with starting the new job and all. I imagine that by the end of the week I'll be itching to get back at it. I'm going to go hard as hell this week to earn that week off.

-Domi

Kowboy
03-20-12, 10:55 am
Well we picked the new place because our current place was too small. Since the clearance could take 6 months to a year we also wanted something that was a little more comfortable.

Nix0r
03-20-12, 10:58 am
Oracle PL/SQL is what the fun kids are doing.

Kowboy
03-20-12, 12:43 pm
Oracle PL/SQL is what the fun kids are doing.

I hated doing PL/SQL lol uggh that brings back some memories.

Christman
03-20-12, 1:49 pm
Doing some PL/SQL now but mostly doing ETL in Informatica.

wedge
03-20-12, 2:07 pm
See you're putting in some work here bro. Good job.

Christman
03-20-12, 2:18 pm
See you're putting in some work here bro. Good job.

Thanks bud. I saw you have a charity bench contest coming up soon, how often do you do those?

Christman
03-23-12, 10:30 am
Wheels (Tuesday night)
Leg press 7pps at 4 x 10 (30 secs rest)
Hack squat 110lbs at 4 x 10 (30 secs rest)
Leg ext 135lbs at 4 x 10 (30 secs rest)
Seated leg curls 100lbs at 4 x 10 (30 secs rest)
Lying leg curls 125lbs at 4 x 10 (30 secs rest)
Standing lunges 45lbs at 2 x 10
Seated calves extenstions 185lbs at 4 x 15
Standing calves machine 200lbs at 4 x 10 (30 secs rest)

Back and rear delts (Thursday night)
Deadlifts 225lbs at 2 x 10, 1 x 5 (sumo), dropset 225 x 5 then 135 x 8 (mostly grip failure)
Tbar rows 75lbs at 4 x 10
Wide pulldowns 110lbs 3 x 10 and 2 x 10 of 80lbs (5 secs up and 5 secs down)
DB rows 2 triple drops sets 80lbs, 60lbs, 40lbs x 8 reps each
Lying rear delt db raises 12lbs at 4 x 10
Face pulls 2 sets to failure of 80lbs

I forgot to do traps, will have to add them into my shoulders and tri's tonight. Tonight will be my last workout and then a week off to decompress and settle into the new job. I will also stop taking creatine and glutamine but will stay on pak and uni-liver. Also plan on taking the dogs for longer walks during the week as my pseudo-cario.

-Domi

Christman
03-25-12, 8:51 pm
Friday night I hit shoulders, traps, and tri's. It was my last workout for a week to decompress and adjust to the new job so I put everything I had into it. I was destroyed after and just vegged-out for the rest of the night and watched basketball.

The plan is to take the dogs for some long walks to sub in for cardio during this week and will do that in the morning if it's warm enough or in the evening after work. I have not decided if I will go back to the gym starting Friday or Saturday but either way, my new split will look like this:

Monday: Back and Calves
Tuesday: Chest and Abs
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Legs
Friday: Shoulders and Calves
Saturday: Arms and Abs
Sunday: Off

I swiped this split from Enforcer's first contest journey, for some reason it looked like it would work for me. The biggest thing is that I wanted to move chest from Monday, my gym is always packed for nation bench day and it is nearly impossible to get any chest work done without a long wait. I also wanted to make sure I planned in calves and abs throughout the week or else I tend to push it off and never get it done.

Kowboy
03-25-12, 8:54 pm
Good luck tomorrow, I know you have to be nervous and excited all in the same lol.

Christman
03-25-12, 8:59 pm
Thanks! Yeah, it's just one of those things where you are excited, nervous, and anxious all wrapped into one.

Kowboy
03-25-12, 9:09 pm
Thanks! Yeah, it's just one of those things where you are excited, nervous, and anxious all wrapped into one.

I hear ya, I am hoping to hear about the next step for my new job soon.

wedge
03-26-12, 10:48 am
Thanks bud. I saw you have a charity bench contest coming up soon, how often do you do those?

I do the one at the local YMCA where I work every year. It's for charity and there is great camaraderie. I got The Rhino from the Forum to come down and sling some weight this year. He and I are looking to do some more contests, perhaps even a full fledged powerlifting meet. I've always wanted to those.

Saw your tweet earlier and the above posts. Do you start your new job today? If so, best of luck my man.

Christman
03-26-12, 10:01 pm
Crazy day and if I still had a workout on the schedule today, I'd be at the gym right now instead of relaxing. First day of a new job is always a little overwhelming, but in a good way. I also had a bunch of running around to do after work and help my son change the oil in his car. It's nice to relax a little but I can tell that I'll be itching to get back in the gym by this weekend.

-Domi

Christman
03-29-12, 10:39 am
Back to the gym tomorrow night... this time off has been good but ready to get back at it.

tark
03-29-12, 9:02 pm
time away is always nice but sooner or later that weight is always there waiting to go back to war.......

Christman
03-30-12, 8:09 am
time away is always nice but sooner or later that weight is always there waiting to go back to war.......

Feels good too, today I woke up knowing I will be back in the battle tonight.

Christman
03-31-12, 8:33 am
Hit shoulders and calves last night, felt great to be back. All I could think about all day was getting back in the gym.

Pre-WO
Rage
5g creatine
5g glutamine
4 Uni-liver

Shoulders
DB lateral raises 25s x 12, 25s x 12, 35s x 10, 35s x 10, 2 triple dropsets 50s-35s-20s
Leaning 1 arm db lateral raises 25 x 10, 20 x 12

Super set x 3:
Front ez curl bar raises 60 x 10
Front db raises 20s x 8

Lying 1 arm rear db raises 15 x 10, 15 x 10, 15 x 10, 15 x 8

Giant set x 3:
Upright row 80 x 10
DB side laterals 20s x12
Steering wheels 25lb plate x 8

Calves
a mix of seated, standing, and bodyweight raises to get a good stretch and pump

PWO
7oz baked chicken
5g creatine
5g glutamine
4 Uni-liver

I pretty much came home, ate, then vegged out for the night. Running on scant carbs all day and will be doing that for the next week or so before I begin backloading. Once I get through this weekend on just trace carbs I'll be fine to do it during the rest of next week. The first few days are the toughest for me.

Arms and abs later today.

-Domi

tark
03-31-12, 11:08 pm
Hit shoulders and calves last night, felt great to be back. All I could think about all day was getting back in the gym.

Pre-WO
Rage
5g creatine
5g glutamine
4 Uni-liver

Shoulders
DB lateral raises 25s x 12, 25s x 12, 35s x 10, 35s x 10, 2 triple dropsets 50s-35s-20s
Leaning 1 arm db lateral raises 25 x 10, 20 x 12

Super set x 3:
Front ez curl bar raises 60 x 10
Front db raises 20s x 8

Lying 1 arm rear db raises 15 x 10, 15 x 10, 15 x 10, 15 x 8

Giant set x 3:
Upright row 80 x 10
DB side laterals 20s x12
Steering wheels 25lb plate x 8

Calves
a mix of seated, standing, and bodyweight raises to get a good stretch and pump

PWO
7oz baked chicken
5g creatine
5g glutamine
4 Uni-liver

I pretty much came home, ate, then vegged out for the night. Running on scant carbs all day and will be doing that for the next week or so before I begin backloading. Once I get through this weekend on just trace carbs I'll be fine to do it during the rest of next week. The first few days are the toughest for me.

Arms and abs later today.

-Domi

looks like your hit it pretty hard man keep it up and that super set followed up with the giant set looks pretty killer might have to take some that one from ya

Christman
04-01-12, 9:10 am
looks like your hit it pretty hard man keep it up and that super set followed up with the giant set looks pretty killer might have to take some that one from ya

Yeah, that really blasted them. Give it a try.

tark
04-01-12, 4:56 pm
Yeah, that really blasted them. Give it a try.

i think i for sure will this thursday....go big or go home right? haha

Kowboy
04-02-12, 8:37 am
How was week 1 at the new job?

Christman
04-02-12, 9:16 am
How was week 1 at the new job?

Going great, just doing lots of studying right now to get back in the .NET groove. Not much to do workwise until they have an assignment to send me on.

Christman
04-02-12, 9:16 am
i think i for sure will this thursday....go big or go home right? haha

For sure.

Christman
04-02-12, 9:40 am
Hit arms and abs on Saturday, got some great pumps thanks to Shock Therapy.

Biceps
Standing db curls 25lbs x 12, 25lbs x 12, 25lbs x 12, 25lbs x 12
1 arm cable preacher curls 20lbs x 12, 25lbs x 12, 27.5lbs x 10
Concentration curls 15lbs x 12, 15lbs x 12, 15lbs x 12

Tri's
Cable pushdowns 110lbs x 12, 110lbs x 12, 110lbs x 12
1 arm cross-body rope pulldowns 30lbs x 10, 30lbs x 10, 30lbs x 10
Bodyweight dips (partial reps) bottom half of ROM to failure, top half of ROM to failure
Close grip pushups to failure

Forearms
Squeeze machine 70lbs to failure, 70lbs to failure
Barbell raises (pronated and supinated) 55lbs to failure, 55lbs to failure
Plate squeezes x 2

Without Shock Therapy I would not have had any pump since I was running on very scant carbs. Arms still felt strong though, I guessing the week off is to thank for that.

-Domi

Christman
04-03-12, 9:53 am
Hit back with a side of calves last night. I almost didn't go because I got home pretty late and needed to get some chicken cooked so I could eat for the next few days. But I knew that if I skipped and pushed it back a day that I would just be pissed at myself and been in a bad mood for the rest of the week since I am running on very low carbs.

Back with a side of calves

Deadlifts 135 x 10, 135 x 10, 225 x 10, 225 x 10, 245 x 5, 245 x 5 (grip failure, running w/o straps to fix this)
Wide grip pulldowns 110 x 10 (4 sets with 30 secs rest)
Incline DD handle pulldowns 60 x 10, 60 x 10, 70 x 10, 80 x 10 (focused on squeeze in middle back)
DB rows 40 x 10, 40 x 10, 55 x 10, 55 x 10 (focused on squeeze on lats)
Wide grip pulldowns 80 x 10/10/10 (bottom part ROM / top part ROM / full ROM) Insane way to finish back

Seated calve raises supersetted with standing bodyweight calve raises to failure x 3 sets

-Domi

wedge
04-03-12, 9:57 am
Looking good bro. Glad to see you got the work in. Hope you were able to get the food done as well.

Christman
04-03-12, 10:07 am
Looking good bro. Glad to see you got the work in. Hope you were able to get the food done as well.

Yeah, I got the cooking done after the workout. I was up a little later than I really wanted to be but it got done.

Kowboy
04-03-12, 10:09 am
Nice lifting, I haven't used straps on deads for a long time. I am working on grip strength as well.

Christman
04-03-12, 10:15 am
Nice lifting, I haven't used straps on deads for a long time. I am working on grip strength as well.

Thanks bud. I never thought there was any truth to straps weakening grip strength but now that I am running without them I am seeing that it's true.

tark
04-03-12, 7:28 pm
good shit on gettin that workout in man i had the same thing happen to me yesterday i got home late as hell and was debating about going or not and then got pissed at myself for even contemplating not going....keep putting in that work tho looking good!!!

Christman
04-03-12, 9:40 pm
good shit on gettin that workout in man i had the same thing happen to me yesterday i got home late as hell and was debating about going or not and then got pissed at myself for even contemplating not going....keep putting in that work tho looking good!!!

That's right, gotta get it in. Thankfully my gym is 24hrs during weekdays so I also have the option of going really really late or really really early depending how you look at it.

tark
04-03-12, 9:52 pm
That's right, gotta get it in. Thankfully my gym is 24hrs during weekdays so I also have the option of going really really late or really really early depending how you look at it.

Thats how my gym is too...thats a great thing because then you never have an excuse to miss

Christman
04-04-12, 9:12 am
Tuesday night was chest and abs, was the first time I trained chest since before my deload week and it felt great. I was too bonked to write this up last night.

Chest and abs

Warmed up with just the bar and some light db presses
DB press 60s x 10, 70s x 10, 80s x 8, 80s x 6
Incline db flys 40s x 10 - 4 sets w/ 30 secs rest, last set also included a drop set with 20s to failure
Cable flys supersetted with bodyweight dips
-flys 40 x 10, 40 x 10, 40 x 10, 30 x 12
-dips failure each set
Upright machine bench press, all sorts of crazy stuff and different hand positions to get a final pump
-5 full ROM, 5 bottom half, 5 top half, 5 full ROM
-7 bottom half, 7 top, 7 full
-5 very slow reps x 2 (these were killer, great way to finish)

Inc situps 15 x 3 sets
Bar twists 15 x 2 sets
Seated flat bench leg pull-in 15 x 1 set

Much deserved rest day today and I have legs on Thursday. Felt great to give my chest some time off to fully recover, didn't lose any strength and was actually stronger on my db presses than I thought I would be.

-Domi

wedge
04-04-12, 11:22 am

I had this luxury at a Golds before I moved away. It was down the road from the ESPN campus, so they stayed open 24 hours. Never saw any ESPN personalities though.

Christman
04-04-12, 1:56 pm
I had this luxury at a Golds before I moved away. It was down the road from the ESPN campus, so they stayed open 24 hours. Never saw any ESPN personalities though.

I'd have to imagine they would have their own facilities onsite. But yeah, 24h gyms are nice to have.

tark
04-04-12, 4:36 pm
Tuesday night was chest and abs, was the first time I trained chest since before my deload week and it felt great. I was too bonked to write this up last night.

Chest and abs

Warmed up with just the bar and some light db presses
DB press 60s x 10, 70s x 10, 80s x 8, 80s x 6
Incline db flys 40s x 10 - 4 sets w/ 30 secs rest, last set also included a drop set with 20s to failure
Cable flys supersetted with bodyweight dips
-flys 40 x 10, 40 x 10, 40 x 10, 30 x 12
-dips failure each set
Upright machine bench press, all sorts of crazy stuff and different hand positions to get a final pump
-5 full ROM, 5 bottom half, 5 top half, 5 full ROM
-7 bottom half, 7 top, 7 full
-5 very slow reps x 2 (these were killer, great way to finish)

Inc situps 15 x 3 sets
Bar twists 15 x 2 sets
Seated flat bench leg pull-in 15 x 1 set

Much deserved rest day today and I have legs on Thursday. Felt great to give my chest some time off to fully recover, didn't lose any strength and was actually stronger on my db presses than I thought I would be.

-Domi

nice work man!! i really like what your doing with the sets with full reps and some half reps i might have to start adding those in my workouts they look like they would be pretty killler.....cant wait to see what your leg day looks like...keep it up!!!!

Christman
04-05-12, 8:43 am
nice work man!! i really like what your doing with the sets with full reps and some half reps i might have to start adding those in my workouts they look like they would be pretty killler.....cant wait to see what your leg day looks like...keep it up!!!!

I am kinda on the fence right now about leg day tonight. My left hammy is a bit sore and I am not sure why and I am not sure if I push it or not. It's not a sharp pain and it doesn't keep me for doing cardio or walking the dogs, it's just dull and nagging. I'm thinking if I get good and warmed up and don't do any isolation hammy movements, I'll be fine so we'll see.

Christman
04-05-12, 8:54 pm
Scant carbs all day long again. Felt pretty good with no carbs the past few days so I decided it was time to backload tonight. Worst part was that we had Chipotle catered in for a "lunch and learn" and I could not eat my burrito... I opened it up and picked through it to get as much steak and cheese out as possible. Not very long ago I would have just said FUCK IT and chowed down and then hated myself for the rest of the day.

Wheels 4-3-2-1

Leg extensions 155lbs x 10 (4 sets 30 secs rest)
DB step-ups 20s x 10 each leg for 3 sets
Squats 145lbs x 5 for 2 sets - very slow negatives and deep as possible
Hack squats 21s (7 bottom/7 top/7 full ROM) 110lbs for 1 set

Got dirty on the backload. Hit DQ for a large caramel something blizzard and burger plus a big tall glass of the IPA I brewed last month. Ice cream and beer is one of my favorite combos. One more carb-free meal tonight and back at it tomorrow.

-Domi

tark
04-05-12, 8:56 pm
Scant carbs all day long again. Felt pretty good with no carbs the past few days so I decided it was time to backload tonight. Worst part was that we had Chipotle catered in for a "lunch and learn" and I could not eat my burrito... I opened it up and picked through it to get as much steak and cheese out as possible. Not very long ago I would have just said FUCK IT and chowed down and then hated myself for the rest of the day.

Wheels 4-3-2-1

Leg extensions 155lbs x 10 (4 sets 30 secs rest)
DB step-ups 20s x 10 each leg for 3 sets
Squats 145lbs x 5 for 2 sets - very slow negatives and deep as possible
Hack squats 21s (7 bottom/7 top/7 full ROM) 110lbs for 1 set

Got dirty on the backload. Hit DQ for a large caramel something blizzard and burger plus a big tall glass of the IPA I brewed last month. Ice cream and beer is one of my favorite combos. One more carb-free meal tonight and back at it tomorrow.

-Domi

ice cream and beer thats a hell of a combo!! but the legs look good man hows that hammy feeling??

Christman
04-05-12, 9:09 pm
ice cream and beer thats a hell of a combo!! but the legs look good man hows that hammy feeling??

About the same so I didn't want to push it and risk making it worse. I figured I could enough stimulation on it with everything besides the leg extensions and not over-do it. Plus I wore warm-up pants the whole time to help keep it warm and tried to get a good stretch on it after walking to the gym. I never workout in pants, always in shorts cus I sweat like a wooly mammoth in a tar pit, so that was a little weird.

tark
04-05-12, 9:21 pm
About the same so I didn't want to push it and risk making it worse. I figured I could enough stimulation on it with everything besides the leg extensions and not over-do it. Plus I wore warm-up pants the whole time to help keep it warm and tried to get a good stretch on it after walking to the gym. I never workout in pants, always in shorts cus I sweat like a wooly mammoth in a tar pit, so that was a little weird.

me either man i get so pissed off wearing pants i just cant bring myself to do it....

Christman
04-09-12, 1:01 pm
Was not able to get in the gym Friday night, something came up at work and I didn't get home until late. I squished shoulders in with arms on Saturday but had to rush it since we needed to travel to see family that day. Most of my exercises were some sort of variation of 21s plus bis/tris were supersetted to facilitate getting everything in. Here is what I remember...

Shoulders

Lateral raises 15s for 3 sets of 21s
Front BB raises 40lbs x 5 reps with plus isometric hold until failure - Tark, got this idea for this based on the shit you were doing for laterals last week. Killer!
Standing rear delt db flys 12lbs x 10 x 3sets
DB presses 45s for 3 sets of 21s
BB shrugs 145lbs for 3 sets of 21s

Cable work for bis/tris
2 exercises each supersetted in the form of 21s

Got in a few sets for abs/calves/forearms and had to split.

tark
04-09-12, 9:33 pm
Was not able to get in the gym Friday night, something came up at work and I didn't get home until late. I squished shoulders in with arms on Saturday but had to rush it since we needed to travel to see family that day. Most of my exercises were some sort of variation of 21s plus bis/tris were supersetted to facilitate getting everything in. Here is what I remember...

Shoulders

Lateral raises 15s for 3 sets of 21s
Front BB raises 40lbs x 5 reps with plus isometric hold until failure - Tark, got this idea for this based on the shit you were doing for laterals last week. Killer!
Standing rear delt db flys 12lbs x 10 x 3sets
DB presses 45s for 3 sets of 21s
BB shrugs 145lbs for 3 sets of 21s

Cable work for bis/tris
2 exercises each supersetted in the form of 21s

Got in a few sets for abs/calves/forearms and had to split.

glad you liked the holds with the raises! they are super shitty but you know they are working and i see you pre exhausted with all the raises first then hit your presses....how did that end up working out for you?

Christman
04-09-12, 10:06 pm
glad you liked the holds with the raises! they are super shitty but you know they are working and i see you pre exhausted with all the raises first then hit your presses....how did that end up working out for you?

Yeah, doing isolation moves first made me bring the weight down on the presses but I could tell they were getting worked. Took everything I had to finish the full ROM reps for the presses.

Christman
04-09-12, 10:22 pm
No PBR's for me, just some Pizza Hut and a little ice cream on the backload.

I am also out of all my preworkout energy and pump complexes. Not having any Rage or Shock Therapy makes me a sad panda, but hey I still hit a PR on deads tonight. The PR was pulling 275 w/o straps or an alternating grip. I am pretty sure I could have repped out a set of 5 at 275 w/ straps, no problem, but I my grip strength needs a lot of work. So I just did the one rep at 275 and held it as long as I could at the top, held it for nearly 10 secs.

Pre
5g creatine
5g glutamine
uniliver
mouthful of mrs. butterworth (honest)

Calves
Seated calve raises 90lbs x 21s for 4 sets

Back
Deadlifts 135 x 5, 185 x 5, 235 x 5, 255 x 5, 275 x 1, 135 x 20 - last set was top half of ROM only
Compound row machine 145lbs x 10 for 4 sets
Straight arm pull downs 90lbs x 12 for 3 sets

PWO
5g creatine
5g glutamine
uniliver

Backload
1/2 Pizza hut box deal (leftovers) and some moonpie ice cream (not that good, will never get it again).

-Domi

tark
04-10-12, 11:46 am
No PBR's for me, just some Pizza Hut and a little ice cream on the backload.

I am also out of all my preworkout energy and pump complexes. Not having any Rage or Shock Therapy makes me a sad panda, but hey I still hit a PR on deads tonight. The PR was pulling 275 w/o straps or an alternating grip. I am pretty sure I could have repped out a set of 5 at 275 w/ straps, no problem, but I my grip strength needs a lot of work. So I just did the one rep at 275 and held it as long as I could at the top, held it for nearly 10 secs.

Pre
5g creatine
5g glutamine
uniliver
mouthful of mrs. butterworth (honest)

Calves
Seated calve raises 90lbs x 21s for 4 sets

Back
Deadlifts 135 x 5, 185 x 5, 235 x 5, 255 x 5, 275 x 1, 135 x 20 - last set was top half of ROM only
Compound row machine 145lbs x 10 for 4 sets
Straight arm pull downs 90lbs x 12 for 3 sets

PWO
5g creatine
5g glutamine
uniliver

Backload
1/2 Pizza hut box deal (leftovers) and some moonpie ice cream (not that good, will never get it again).

-Domi

hell you hit a pr too man thats great and im like you i also need to improve my grip strength keep up the good work

Kowboy
04-10-12, 11:57 am
Looking good man, hows the new job?

Christman
04-10-12, 2:06 pm
Looking good man, hows the new job?

Thanks, loving it so far. It can be a bit crazy at times but in a good way.

Christman
04-11-12, 8:36 am
Got to the gym a little early, about 6:45pm and it was still crowed from the after work people. Made it hard to get a bench until they were done so I putted around getting warmed up and hit it hard once they cleared out.

Chest and abs (Tuesday night)

Decline DB press - 65s x 10 for 3 sets - focused on squeeze since I was not in the mood to bother someone to help getting heavier db's in position
DB flys - 40s x 10, 40s x 10, plus 2 drops sets of 40s/20s
Incline hammer strength press - 65lbs per side x 12 for 3 sets - slow negatives and squeezed hard at the top
Upright bench machine - lost of partials and fast reps to get a good pump

Incline crunches - 30 x 2 sets

I wanted to do some smith machine bench press throws at the end but the machine was in use, next time I'll add those.

Backloaded with some Wendy's value menu chicken sandwiches and a burger plus a little ice cream. No carbs today and then hitting legs on Thursday.

Christman
04-16-12, 3:00 pm
I'm still here, got all my gym sessions in since my last post but have been very busy with yard work and home improvement projects. This coming week and weekend should be fun, need to shift things around since I am refinishing the steps in our house.

tark
04-16-12, 10:11 pm
I'm still here, got all my gym sessions in since my last post but have been very busy with yard work and home improvement projects. This coming week and weekend should be fun, need to shift things around since I am refinishing the steps in our house.

damn busting out some work around the house and still killing it in the gym!! hope all is well man

Christman
04-17-12, 12:46 pm
damn busting out some work around the house and still killing it in the gym!! hope all is well man

Yep, gotta get it done.

Christman
04-17-12, 12:48 pm
Got calves and back in last night. Only highlight was was on deadlifts where I was able to pull 285lbs x 3 before my grip gave out. Used the overhand grip the whole time and didn't use straps. It's getting there.

Kowboy
04-17-12, 1:54 pm
I use the double overhand on warmups but always use reverse grip or whatever on work sets. My grip has gotten a lot better from just doing deadlifts anyway. Nice job man 285 is no joke at all.

Christman
04-17-12, 8:29 pm
I use the double overhand on warmups but always use reverse grip or whatever on work sets. My grip has gotten a lot better from just doing deadlifts anyway. Nice job man 285 is no joke at all.

Thanks, I was pretty happy with it. I know I could pull more with my straps on but as long as I am seeing progress without them I will leave them at home. I'll probably start using the alternating grip once I break 315 with the double overhand.

Christman
04-17-12, 8:50 pm
On days that I have either calves or abs added to my workout, I find that I can't put everything into them that I want if I do them last so lately I have been doing them first. Seems to be working well for now, it's also nice the get the heart rate up and sweat flowing after my walk to the gym and before I get into my main workout.

Chest and Abs

Abs - lots of crunches and some hanging leg raises

Chest-
Reverse grip bench press 115 x 12, 115 x 12, 135 x 10, 135 x 10
Incline DB press 55s x 10 (4 sets) - last set I picked up the 15s and did incline flys to failure
Cable X-over 50 x 10, 50 x 10 + 10 pushups (2 of those supersets)
Upright bench machine - lots of reps to failure varying the weight

tark
04-17-12, 9:31 pm
Got calves and back in last night. Only highlight was was on deadlifts where I was able to pull 285lbs x 3 before my grip gave out. Used the overhand grip the whole time and didn't use straps. It's getting there.

thats great man!! ive been doing the same thing lately just trying to go as much as i can without straps and without a belt as well

Christman
04-23-12, 11:15 pm
I'm still here, got my shoulder workout in Friday before I got to work on my steps. I did Tark's shoulder workout from last week. That was a lot of volume - it felt great! Made working on the steps more of a chore but it was well worth it. Had to use all day Sunday to clean up so the arm workout got pushed back until tonight.

http://bit.ly/IN7BHY - The steps last weekend, only pic I could find. That's my wife tying my son's shoe before leaving for his prom.

http://bit.ly/IAkead - Here they are now. All I need to do it put the carpet treads on once I go pick up some tacks. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

Arms Race Solo HRT Style

Cable pushdown 2 sets of 60lbs x 8/6
Decline DB skullcrushers 2 sets of 20s x 8/6
Medicine ball pushups to failure

Incline DB curls 2 sets of 25s x 8/6
Concentration curls 2 sets of 15s x 8/6
1 sets of 21's with 50lbs ez curl bar

2 sets of 10 on the seated grip machine
Farmers walk plate pinch - 2 10s in each hand with flat sides out - 3 sets to failure walking the perimeter of the heavy room
Farmers walk with DBs - 85lbs in each hand - 3 sets walking the perimeter

Kowboy
04-24-12, 9:48 am
Nice work man. I need to try farmers walks here at the gym.

Christman
04-24-12, 10:16 am
Thanks, they were actually a lot of fun and a real ass-kicker. Each step felt like the plates/db were getting pried out of my grip.

wedge
04-24-12, 3:05 pm
Farmers walk. I like.

tark
04-24-12, 8:51 pm
I'm still here, got my shoulder workout in Friday before I got to work on my steps. I did Tark's shoulder workout from last week. That was a lot of volume - it felt great! Made working on the steps more of a chore but it was well worth it. Had to use all day Sunday to clean up so the arm workout got pushed back until tonight.

http://bit.ly/IN7BHY - The steps last weekend, only pic I could find. That's my wife tying my son's shoe before leaving for his prom.

http://bit.ly/IAkead - Here they are now. All I need to do it put the carpet treads on once I go pick up some tacks. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

Arms Race Solo HRT Style

Cable pushdown 2 sets of 60lbs x 8/6
Decline DB skullcrushers 2 sets of 20s x 8/6
Medicine ball pushups to failure

Incline DB curls 2 sets of 25s x 8/6
Concentration curls 2 sets of 15s x 8/6
1 sets of 21's with 50lbs ez curl bar

2 sets of 10 on the seated grip machine
Farmers walk plate pinch - 2 10s in each hand with flat sides out - 3 sets to failure walking the perimeter of the heavy room
Farmers walk with DBs - 85lbs in each hand - 3 sets walking the perimeter

glad you liked the shoulder session!! have been feeling that volume for my shoulders has been the way to go...can absolutely murder my shoulders and not have them ache the next day

Christman
04-25-12, 3:49 pm
Back night on Tuesday

Worked up to 305 on deadlifts, got 2 up with overhand and 2 with alternating grip. Pretty happy with that. Dropped the weight back down to 185 and did 2 sets 10 (5 bottom ROM, 5 top). If I hadn't trained grip on Monday night, I might have been able to get 5 at 305 with the overhand but still pretty happy with what I got.

Wide grip pulldowns 2 sets of 110lbs x 8/6
DB rows 2 sets of 60s x 8/6
Straight bar low cable rows 2 sets of 90lbs x 8/6

Christman
04-26-12, 8:38 am
Chest blast Wednesday

Hit chest last night and it felt great to change it up a bit.

DB bench press
60s x 12
60s x 12
80s x 10
80s x 10
95s x 5
60s x 10
60s x 10
60s x 10
60s x 10
60s x 10

DB underhand incline bench press
35s x 10
35s x 10
35s x 10
35s x 10
35s x 10

Pec deck supersetted with pushups to failure
70lbs on the pec deck x 10 plus pushups - 4 sets total.

Solid Dreams
04-26-12, 10:11 am
Damn thats a lot of volume. I stole a page from Sprint, and if I do finisher push ups, I put my feet on a bench and do decline ones. You'll know!

Christman
04-26-12, 11:16 am
Damn thats a lot of volume. I stole a page from Sprint, and if I do finisher push ups, I put my feet on a bench and do decline ones. You'll know!

Yep, it was a lot which is why I din't got any heavier. I'll try declines to finish them off if I do something similar to this again.

Christman
04-30-12, 9:45 pm
I got a leg session in Friday night and nothing else over the weekend due to work and yardio as the weather allowed. I also was able to get shoulders in tonight.

DB presses
55s x 12
55s x 12
60s x 10
60s x 10

DB laterals
20s x 10
20s x 10
20s x 10
20s x 10

Front cable raises with the ez curl bar
60 x 10
60 x 10
60 x 10
60 x 10

Face pulls
90 x 12
100 x 12
110 x 12
120 x 12

DB shrugs
55s x 15
75s x 12
90s x 10
90s x 10

tark
04-30-12, 9:47 pm
I got a leg session in Friday night and nothing else over the weekend due to work and yardio as the weather allowed. I also was able to get shoulders in tonight.

DB presses
55s x 12
55s x 12
60s x 10
60s x 10

DB laterals
20s x 10
20s x 10
20s x 10
20s x 10

Front cable raises with the ez curl bar
60 x 10
60 x 10
60 x 10
60 x 10

Face pulls
90 x 12
100 x 12
110 x 12
120 x 12

DB shrugs
55s x 15
75s x 12
90s x 10
90s x 10

thats some good looking work right there! have you tried those 1 arm shrugs that josh landry had a video on? they are pretty killer might have to check those out!

Christman
04-30-12, 9:53 pm
thats some good looking work right there! have you tried those 1 arm shrugs that josh landry had a video on? they are pretty killer might have to check those out!

Yeah, I saw that video last week and wanted to give it a try. I just slipped my mind tonight. I always like to try something new.

wedge
05-02-12, 1:11 pm
Some crazy volume in your workouts bro. You're definitely getting the work done.

Christman
05-04-12, 7:33 am
Tuesday was Back/bi's and Wednesday was Chest/tri's

Tuesday

Deadlifts
185 x 10
185 x 10
225 x10
225 x 10

Row machine
90lbs 2 sets of 8/6

Wide grip pulldowns
110lbs 2 sets of 8/6

Inc DB curls
25s 2 sets of 8/6

Concentration curls
20s 2 sets of 8/6

Wednesday

DB bench press
55s x 10
65s x 10
75s x 10
75s x 10
90s x 8
60s x 10
60s x 10
60s x 10
60s x 10
60s x 10

DB incline flys
45s x 10
45s x 10
45s x 10

Cable x-overs supersetted with incline pushups to failure
50lbs on the x-overs x 10 plus pushups - 3 sets total.

Cable tricep pushdowns
2 sets of 120lbs x 8/6

Seated dip machine
2 sets of 90lbs x 8/6

Friday night will be legs after I see the Avengers.

tark
05-04-12, 5:27 pm
Tuesday was Back/bi's and Wednesday was Chest/tri's

Tuesday

Deadlifts
185 x 10
185 x 10
225 x10
225 x 10

Row machine
90lbs 2 sets of 8/6

Wide grip pulldowns
110lbs 2 sets of 8/6

Inc DB curls
25s 2 sets of 8/6

Concentration curls
20s 2 sets of 8/6

Wednesday

DB bench press
55s x 10
65s x 10
75s x 10
75s x 10
90s x 8
60s x 10
60s x 10
60s x 10
60s x 10
60s x 10

DB incline flys
45s x 10
45s x 10
45s x 10

Cable x-overs supersetted with incline pushups to failure
50lbs on the x-overs x 10 plus pushups - 3 sets total.

Cable tricep pushdowns
2 sets of 120lbs x 8/6

Seated dip machine
2 sets of 90lbs x 8/6

Friday night will be legs after I see the Avengers.

nice work man! and cant wait to see the Avengers! my wife and i are going to see it sunday!

Mr. Dead
05-07-12, 6:38 pm
What's goin' on in here...???

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
05-07-12, 6:47 pm
How are things goin buddy?

Christman
05-08-12, 7:39 am
Thanks for checking in on me, I have been on a bit of an unscheduled break over this past weekend but will be getting back at it tonight with legs and shoulders.

Christman
05-08-12, 8:46 pm
Got it in tonight and some yard work to top it off.

Bodyweight standing calve raises
1 x 100

Superset: 5 sets
Leg ext 155 x 12
Seated leg curls 120 x 12

Squats: 3 sets - slow on both neg and pos and all the way down
135 x 10

Miltary machine press: FST7 style - started a bit too heavy on the 8th plate, ended up down on the 5th

Front DB raises: 3 sets
30s x 10

Rear pec deck: 3 sets
80 x 12

1 arm DB shrugs: 4 sets
50s x 12 (first 3 sets)
60s x 12

Lateral raise machine - 1 huge rest/pause set with 2 pauses to failure.

Christman
05-09-12, 10:17 pm
Deadlifts - various warmup sets and then...
235 x 5
285 x 5
315 x 1 - first time I pulled 315 w/o straps and double overhand grip
315 x 0 - figured I try again but left grip gave out 3/4 the way up

Close grip cable rows
100 x 15
110 x 15
120 x 15

Wide grip pulldowns
2 double-drop sets to failure
150-120-100

Spider curls
30 x 10
40 x 10
50 x 10

Cable curls with ez bar
60 x 15
60 x 15
60 x 15

I'm pretty happy with pulling that 315 like that but the grip needs work. I can surely tell that the left side needs a lot of work.

tark
05-10-12, 6:47 pm
its looking like we might be having an ABC coming up down here in june should try to make it down!! hope all is been well with ya bro!

Christman
05-14-12, 8:46 pm
I need to get my shit together. Working some on the weekend plus all the stuff going on around the house now that it is nice out might start forcing me to start working out in the AM.

Christman
05-14-12, 8:49 pm
its looking like we might be having an ABC coming up down here in june should try to make it down!! hope all is been well with ya bro!

Yeah I saw that, thanks for the reminder. I need to see if anything is going on in my neck of the woods frist. It'll be graduation/wedding season so there might already be something planned for me. I hope I can make it.

Kowboy
05-15-12, 6:28 am
I am going for sure (as of right now anyway lol)

Kowboy
05-15-12, 6:33 am
Deadlifts - various warmup sets and then...
235 x 5
285 x 5
315 x 1 - first time I pulled 315 w/o straps and double overhand grip
315 x 0 - figured I try again but left grip gave out 3/4 the way up

Close grip cable rows
100 x 15
110 x 15
120 x 15

Wide grip pulldowns
2 double-drop sets to failure
150-120-100

Spider curls
30 x 10
40 x 10
50 x 10

Cable curls with ez bar
60 x 15
60 x 15
60 x 15

I'm pretty happy with pulling that 315 like that but the grip needs work. I can surely tell that the left side needs a lot of work.

Just dont use straps and it works itself out. Also do hanging leg raises and it will help as well.

Christman
05-15-12, 9:06 pm
Just dont use straps and it works itself out. Also do hanging leg raises and it will help as well.

I'm gonna start tossing these in with abs.

Christman
05-15-12, 9:29 pm
Got it in tonight, kept meals in check today. I am no longer doing backloading. It was fun while it lasted, and damn tasty too but I don't think it was right for me. It was too easy for me to talk myself into eating whatever after pretty much starving myself all morning. Back to oats/eggs for breakfast and chicken/rice and such. And having some carbs in me before working out in is FUCKING AMAZING!

Seated calve raises
100 x 8
110 x 8
120 x 8
130 x 8

DB Press
2 sets of 60s x 8/6

Inc machine bench press
2 sets of 80 x 8/6

Pec dec
2 sets of 80 x 8/6

Cable pushdowns
2 sets of 120 x 8/6

OH DB extensions
2 sets of 75 x 8/6

Dip machine
2 sets of 90 x 8/6

Forearms BB curls and extensions
45 x 15
65 x 15
85 x 15

Plate pinch farmers walk with 2 10s in each hand, flat side out - walked laps until they slipped out.

Christman
05-16-12, 10:34 pm
Legs and shoulders

Hanging leg raises
3 sets of 15

Walking lunges to warm up

Leg ext
5 sets 140 x 15

Leg curls
5 sets of 100 x 15

Squats
3 sets of 135 x 10

Machine shoulder press
2 sets of 100 x 8/6

Rear pec deck
2 sets of 100 x 8/6

Superset x 3
BB shugs 185 x 20
Front plate raises 25 x 10 - one in each hand, forearms and fingers are on fire.

Christman
05-23-12, 8:32 pm
Still doing work in here. Hit back and bi's on Tuesday and hest and tri's tonight. Both nights were really good workouts and I made sure to push it extra hard. I'll be hitting shoulders and wheels on Friday night to make sure I get them in before the holiday weekend.

I'm beat, so heading to bed early tonight. Goodnight everyone.

-Domi

tark
05-24-12, 9:30 pm
Still doing work in here. Hit back and bi's on Tuesday and hest and tri's tonight. Both nights were really good workouts and I made sure to push it extra hard. I'll be hitting shoulders and wheels on Friday night to make sure I get them in before the holiday weekend.

I'm beat, so heading to bed early tonight. Goodnight everyone.

-Domi

hey man hows june second looking for ya? you maybe going to be able to make it down for the abc?

Christman
05-31-12, 8:32 am
hey man hows june second looking for ya? you maybe going to be able to make it down for the abc?

Not looking like I can make it, I wish I could. I also messed up my wrist over the long weekend doing some yardio, so I'm taking a little break until the swelling and pain dies down.

Christman
06-06-12, 7:47 pm
I got back an bi's in, wrist is still giving me issues. Ended up using straps for nearly all the back movements. I think I am going to pick up some wrist wraps with my next order, which will be this week. Hopefully that will help. The extra rest I had made the workout that much better, got a hell of a pump in both back and bi's.

I hope everyone had a blast at the ABc last weekend.

Kowboy
06-07-12, 12:30 pm
How is hte new job? We still need to hook up and lift again man. Gotta hit beast mode by the next Arnold!

tark
06-07-12, 4:31 pm
hope everything is going well bud you havent been on much lately so you must be super busy with that new job and that house work!!

Christman
06-12-12, 8:46 pm
Work has been crazy and I have spent the last 3 weeks doing doggy deadlifts. One of our girls had to have her ACL repaired on both legs and she needs to be carried in and out and up and down the stairs. I feel like I am using it as an excuse to miss workouts and eat like shit, I need to get my ass back in gear. I was doing so well a few months ago. Maybe I should hit up Mr. Dead to see what got him back at it or someone else on here who knows what I need - like a good kick in the ass.

Christman
06-17-12, 7:08 pm
That's right, I'm back. Hit chest and tri's on Friday and then wheels and shoulders with a buddy on Saturday... still sore as hell and it feels GREAT!!!

Got my shopping and cooking in today. Pretty much everything is lining back up for me now. I cooked up my eggs, brown rice, and whole wheat pasta and will be having that along with chicken/tuna for my other meals along with some veggies. I'm excited, can't wait to be full of energy from eating right and I am ready to tackle the gym. Let's do this!

tark
06-17-12, 7:10 pm
That's right, I'm back. Hit chest and tri's on Friday and then wheels and shoulders with a buddy on Saturday... still sore as hell and it feels GREAT!!!

Got my shopping and cooking in today. Pretty much everything is lining back up for me now. I cooked up my eggs, brown rice, and whole wheat pasta and will be having that along with chicken/tuna for my other meals along with some veggies. I'm excited, can't wait to be full of energy from eating right and I am ready to tackle the gym. Let's do this!

glad to see your back at it brother....looking forward to keeping up with your logs again.....

Christman
06-17-12, 7:17 pm
glad to see your back at it brother....looking forward to keeping up with your logs again.....

Thanks, means a lot to me. I think we all can get in a funk once in a while and the rest plus a clear head can actually do some good.

tark
06-17-12, 7:19 pm
Thanks, means a lot to me. I think we all can get in a funk once in a while and the rest plus a clear head can actually do some good.

this is very true man.....everyone needs a little time off every now and again.... just get back at it and continue to wage war on those weights!

Kowboy
06-17-12, 9:42 pm
Get at it bro, we all need to hit the gym sometime!

Christman
06-18-12, 8:56 pm
Get at it bro, we all need to hit the gym sometime!

Thanks bud. I have been keeping up with everyone's threads in the emails I get but I can't log into the forvm at work right now.

Christman
06-18-12, 9:06 pm
It's a shame that it will only last for this week though. He is on a 7 day pass at metro and then he'll be going back to his gym. Being able to squeeze out a few extra reps feels great.

We did back and bi's tonight, we kinda were all over the place and on sets, weights, and reps.

Pulldowns - 5 sets

Machine rows - 4 sets

Straight arm pull downs - 4 sets

DB curls - 2 sets

DB hammer curls - 2 sets

Preacher machine curl - 3 sets

Concentration curl - 3 sets

We are going to make the most of this week and hit chest and tri's tomorrow and then finish out the week on Friday night with wheels and shoulders. I think we will have to start with shoulders on Friday because we were both running low on fuel for shoulders when we did legs first on Saturday.

--Domi

tark
06-18-12, 9:22 pm
It's a shame that it will only last for this week though. He is on a 7 day pass at metro and then he'll be going back to his gym. Being able to squeeze out a few extra reps feels great.

We did back and bi's tonight, we kinda were all over the place and on sets, weights, and reps.

Pulldowns - 5 sets

Machine rows - 4 sets

Straight arm pull downs - 4 sets

DB curls - 2 sets

DB hammer curls - 2 sets

Preacher machine curl - 3 sets

Concentration curl - 3 sets

We are going to make the most of this week and hit chest and tri's tomorrow and then finish out the week on Friday night with wheels and shoulders. I think we will have to start with shoulders on Friday because we were both running low on fuel for shoulders when we did legs first on Saturday.

--Domi

having a workout partner is the best....when mine isnt there its just not the same......helps you get that extra rep and just push you that much farther

Christman
06-18-12, 10:05 pm
having a workout partner is the best....when mine isnt there its just not the same......helps you get that extra rep and just push you that much farther

Yep, making the most of it while I have him. He is looking to buy a house/condo and I am trying to get him to consider one up by my house and gym. It would we awesome if he was no longer across town and got a membership to metro.

Kowboy
06-19-12, 6:39 am
Thanks bud. I have been keeping up with everyone's threads in the emails I get but I can't log into the forvm at work right now.

I would tell them to fix the proxy cuz thats bullshit lol. This is about the only one I can get to lol

Christman
06-20-12, 8:10 pm
I would tell them to fix the proxy cuz thats bullshit lol. This is about the only one I can get to lol

I wish I could.

Christman
06-20-12, 8:12 pm
Blasted chest, calves, and forearms with my buddy last night. I was so destroyed that I could not even bring myself to get on the pc last night. I'm really gonna miss him after this week is over. Our last night together in my gym will be this Friday.

Rode my bike to work today, just a little over 26 miles round trip. Time to replenish some carbs.

Christman
06-23-12, 10:12 am
Last workout of the week with my buddy, we hit shoulders hard. Legs were also scheduled but he had a Lupus 5k walk on Saturday morning so he wanted to be fresh for that.

3 sets on everything:

BB military press 95 lbs
ss w/
DB presses 25s

Side laterals 10s - held non working side straight out in isolation while repping other side

Smith machine upright row 95lbs
ss w/
Seated db upright rows 30s

Cable side laterals 20lbs

High cable flys 60lbs

Face pulls 80lbs

I'm really gonna miss having a partner, it really steps up the intensity.

-Domi

tark
06-24-12, 8:35 pm
Last workout of the week with my buddy, we hit shoulders hard. Legs were also scheduled but he had a Lupus 5k walk on Saturday morning so he wanted to be fresh for that.

3 sets on everything:

BB military press 95 lbs
ss w/
DB presses 25s

Side laterals 10s - held non working side straight out in isolation while repping other side

Smith machine upright row 95lbs
ss w/
Seated db upright rows 30s

Cable side laterals 20lbs

High cable flys 60lbs

Face pulls 80lbs

I'm really gonna miss having a partner, it really steps up the intensity.

-Domi

what was your rep range for this? and i really like the idea of the side laterals that way...next week im going to through those into my shoulder workout for sure.....that sucks about the workout partner...is there anyone else at your gym you maybe talk to or anything that you could get to workout with ya?

Kowboy
06-24-12, 8:49 pm
Not having a workout partner blows man. I know you are a vet and could get on base w/ me to lift but I think you probably work different hours.

Christman
06-24-12, 8:52 pm
what was your rep range for this? and i really like the idea of the side laterals that way...next week im going to through those into my shoulder workout for sure.....that sucks about the workout partner...is there anyone else at your gym you maybe talk to or anything that you could get to workout with ya?

We were doing 10-12 reps on everything.

I don't really chat with people at the gym other than to just say hey. Also, I usually vary the time I go to the gym based on what I have going on. I'll find a way to keep myself motivated and getting work done on my own.

tark
06-24-12, 8:59 pm
We were doing 10-12 reps on everything.

I don't really chat with people at the gym other than to just say hey. Also, I usually vary the time I go to the gym based on what I have going on. I'll find a way to keep myself motivated and getting work done on my own.

is there anyone you work with that would be worthy of being a partner? its almost like to become someones partner you should have to fill out an application and go through an interview process haha

Christman
06-24-12, 9:00 pm
Not having a workout partner blows man. I know you are a vet and could get on base w/ me to lift but I think you probably work different hours.

Yeah, I usually don't get off work until 5pm now and would probably miss you over at the base. I really started to like working out in the evenings once the after-work crowd disperses. I can get an extra meal in and then once I am done I can just come home, eat, and crash.

Christman
06-24-12, 9:03 pm
is there anyone you work with that would be worthy of being a partner? its almost like to become someones partner you should have to fill out an application and go through an interview process haha

HAHA, right. One of the guys I work with actually goes to my gym and I see him there about every-other time I am there. The thing is that he is there with his gf and he is training her and her friend most of the time. I'll probably start to grab him on some working sets here and there just for an extra boost.

tark
06-24-12, 9:16 pm
HAHA, right. One of the guys I work with actually goes to my gym and I see him there about every-other time I am there. The thing is that he is there with his gf and he is training her and her friend most of the time. I'll probably start to grab him on some working sets here and there just for an extra boost.

yea hell maybe grab him and maybe that will start something up and you guys can maybe start training more on the regualr.....its hard to find a good partner....good luck!

Christman
06-27-12, 8:24 pm
Did legs and back last night and I paid for it today. 25 miles on the bike round trip to work.

Every rep/set of each exercise done slowly and squeezed hard at the top. I also increased the weight with each set on most exercises but over all the weight was lighter than normal. Just did this to try something different.

Leg ext
5 sets of 10

Seated leg curl
5 sets of 10

Leg press
5 sets of 10

Assisted pull up
4 sets of 10

Close grip pull down.
5 sets of 10

Christman
07-15-12, 10:05 am
We were without power for a while but thankfully the gym didn't lose theirs so I was able to keep up with everything while we cleaned up after the big storm here. I did shoulders and triceps yesterday.

Machine Military Press 3 sets
Dumbbell Front Raise 3 sets
Dumbbell Lateral Raise 3 sets
Reverse Pec-Deck Flys 4 sets
Cable Triceps Pressdown 3 sets
Skull Crushers 3 sets
Dips 3 sets to failure

I've got a bunch of work to do in the house for the remainder of the weekend, partitioning part of our basement off for storage. I'll be back in the gym on Monday for wheels and biceps.

Christman
07-19-12, 5:18 am
I was pretty sick on Monday and Tuesday so I was not back in the gym until Wednesday night when I hit chest and quads. I just kinda winged it and did rep ranges of 10-15 for 3 sets, some of which were supersetted.

Inc DB press
SS w/
Flat Db flys

Cable X-over
SS w/
Pushups

Machine bench

Leg ext

Leg press
SS w/
DB squats

Bodyweight calve raises

Back in the gym on Thursday for back/shoulders/hams and will be blasting arms on Saturday with a couple of buddies down in Pickerington's Metro.

Christman
07-21-12, 7:08 pm
Hit back, shoulders, and hams on Thursday night then went to go see Batman. Ran on 3 hours of sleep on Friday so after work I pretty much went to sleep. On Saturday I hit arms... I mean I BLASTED arms with a couple of buddies, this is going to hurt for a while!

10 sets of 10
BW dips SS with diamond pushups

5 sets of 10
HS dip machine SS with preacher curls

3 single drop sets
HS preacher curls

4 giant sets
Lying DB extensions / Cable pushdowns / Rope pushdowns

4 giant sets
Cable curls / Overhead cable curls / Hammer curls

4 sets of 30
OH EZ bar extensions

Sunday will be needed for recovery.

Christman
07-23-12, 9:03 pm
Chest and quads tonight, hit them hard.

10 sets
BB bench x 10 reps SS with pushups x 5

4 sets
Upright machine bench x10 SS with dip machine x 10

4 giant sets
Pec dec x 10 plus BB bench x 6 plus DB pullover x 10

10 sets
BB squat x 10

10 sets
Leg ext x 10

Walking home was rough.

Christman
08-06-12, 5:59 pm
Been busy and still not able to lurk here during work but I still hop on here in the evenings to catch up on how everyone is doing. I'm getting ready to go hit back/shoulders here in a few.

tark
08-06-12, 6:57 pm
hope all has been well with you man!

Kowboy
08-06-12, 7:18 pm
All of us need to lift together ASAP!

Christman
08-06-12, 9:58 pm
hope all has been well with you man!

Thanks, just busy is all. Summer does that.

All of us need to lift together ASAP!

Agree, any details on the ABC later this month that I might have missed?

Christman
08-07-12, 5:53 pm
Off to the gym for chest, let's do this!

Christman
08-07-12, 10:13 pm
Chest and threw in some legs because I remembered that I am supposed to play 9 after work tomorrow and I have a feeling we are walking it, this way I will earn it. I have not played golf at all the past few years but my work is doing a scramble this weekend so I figured I should get some practice in first so I don't look as foolish.

BB Bench 8 sets of 10

Upright bench machine 4 sets of 10
supersetted with
Seated dip maching 4 sets of 10

Pec deck 4 sets of 10

Leg ext 4 sets of 1 leg negatives of 10 for each leg

Lying leg curl 4 sets of 1 leg negatives of 10 for each leg

Box squats 3 sets of 10 (did these just for something a little different)

--Domi

Christman
08-13-12, 9:31 pm
Crazy busy weekend. The better-half threw some spur of the moment project work on the house at me on Sunday and Saturday was the golf outing.

I got arms in tonight, quick and dirty like:

Cable curls sets of 40, 30, 20, 10, 10
SS w/
Overhead rope ext sets of 40, 30, 20, 20, 10, 10

EZ bar curls sets of 10, 10, 20, 30, 40
SS w/
Skull crushers sets of 10, 10, 20, 30, 40

Hanging leg raises 4 sets to failure

Then I GTFO!

Christman
08-24-12, 2:45 pm
On the 15th I lost my job so I decided that it would be best to take a break from here while I was job searching, because any energy that I put into keeping a log would be better used hunting for a job. I also took a week off from the gym to get everything collected. I actually spent last Saturday with a buddy and we worked on our resumes together and figured a few things out instead of going to the ABC.

I got back into the gym yesterday and today and did pull and push workouts to get back at it. Something just felt right about it... this morning I was offered and accepted a position back at the consulting firm that I left back in March of this year, only now I am going back in a much better position than I was earlier this year. It's funny how sometimes things can just fall into place even when it looks like everything is working against you.

Feels pretty damn good!

Kowboy
08-24-12, 4:48 pm
If you are interested in SA work let me know and I can talk to a couple of the managers at work. Just get me your resume and I will see what I can do. Glad to see you back at it, I hated to see you miss the ABC but I understand man. Keep your head up, it will work out for you.

Christman
09-04-12, 8:40 pm
If you are interested in SA work let me know and I can talk to a couple of the managers at work. Just get me your resume and I will see what I can do. Glad to see you back at it, I hated to see you miss the ABC but I understand man. Keep your head up, it will work out for you.

Thanks bud but I think you might have misread that earlier, I was offered a job at the place I left in March and I am excited about it. I started back there today. I hated to miss that ABC too but I knew it was a sacrifice that had to be made to make sure everything worked out.

tark
09-04-12, 8:44 pm
U going to maybe try and make the abc in middletown this weekend dom? Hope all is well with u brother

Christman
09-04-12, 8:52 pm
Went back to work today, felt really good. I was welcomed back by everyone and they truly seemed happy that I had returned. I always did have a lot of fun there and without any hesitation they wanted me back on all of the sports that they sponsor too, for now its just fall softball and fall kickball but I believe we are doing dodgeball again this winter as well as indoor soccer. But enough about that, its just nice to get things back to normal.

Been hitting hard in the gym lately, it has really helped clear my head. Monday was hell in the gym, I did shoulders, traps, and legs which was very exhausting but it was crazy busy due to the holiday hours and Metro only being open from 10A-2P. Tried not to let it bother me much when I had to wait or work in on a set, just kept my head down and powered through it.

I've got back and chest tomorrow and will unwind after watching some NFL.

-Domi

Christman
09-04-12, 9:01 pm
U going to maybe try and make the abc in middletown this weekend dom? Hope all is well with u brother

I can't, I committed to supervising an ACT on Saturday. My buddy runs the testing center at Capital University and I usually supervise tests for him whenever he has the ACT, SAT, or PRAXXIS. It's an early start on a Saturday but I pretty much just sit around and read muscle mags and make sure the test goes smoothly. Plus its an easy $100+ which never hurts.

I'll be keeping an eye out for the next one around here... maybe I can help get one organized over at Metro in Worthington again.

Christman
09-04-12, 9:08 pm
I also wanted to say that I started using a foam roller, that shit feels AMAZING! It's really helping with the tightness and soreness I have been having in my left hammy but that thing feels just about fantastic all over.

Christman
09-06-12, 8:17 pm
Hit chest and back last night before watching some football, so happy that the NFL is back.

Inc DB presses
SS
DB rows
I worked these SS from 30 reps down to 5

Flat DB presses
SS
BB rows
Worked these SS from 5 reps up to 30

Wanted to mix in some high and low rep ranges and this did the trick, then I rolled out the back and hammy afterwards.

Christman
09-10-12, 2:30 pm
I'm bummed that I could not make the ABC once again on Saturday, sounds like it was a blast and a lot of big weight was moved.

I got arms in Friday night after work and planned on getting shoulders and legs today at lunch but only had time to get shoulders done. Legs will have to wait until Tuesday. This means my split will be Mon/Tues Thurs/Fri this week. It might be that way for a bit with kickball and softball this fall and working on things around the house and watching football on the weekends.

Friday's session...

Cable curls
SS
Cable pushdowns
Worked these SS from 40 reps down to 10 while increasing weight

EZ bar curls
SS
Skull crushers
Worked these SS from 10 reps up to 40 while decreasing weight

Since it was Friday, I crushed a large peperoni pizza PWO.

Monday's session...

Behind the neck presses
SS
Upright rows
Worked these SS from 40 reps down to 10 while increasing weight

Arnold presses
SS
DB shrugs
Worked these SS from 10 reps up to 40 while decreasing weight

PWO was lunch and back to work. Happy to have everything back to normal... well as normal as it can be now.

Mr. Dead
09-10-12, 2:32 pm
What's up, in here...???

Christman
09-10-12, 2:55 pm
What's up, in here...???

Just adjusting things on the fly, like me getting ready to eat this pb sandwich. Sounds like things are starting to look up for you deadman.

tark
09-10-12, 9:37 pm
sounds like another ABC could possibly be in the works man and will prolly be up around your neck of the woods....hopefully the next one you can make man!!

Christman
09-11-12, 8:29 am
sounds like another ABC could possibly be in the works man and will prolly be up around your neck of the woods....hopefully the next one you can make man!!

I'll keep my eye out for it.

wedge
09-11-12, 1:55 pm
Glad to see you're back in the game brother!

Mr. Dead
09-11-12, 2:47 pm
Just adjusting things on the fly, like me getting ready to eat this pb sandwich. Sounds like things are starting to look up for you deadman.
Slowly getting back there... If you can adjust on the fly, you got it made...

Christman
09-12-12, 2:37 pm
Legs didn't happen last night but I made sure to get them in during lunch on Wednesday. The fuel pump on my son's truck died last night so I had to take care of that instead of doing legs after my softball game.

Legs
Leg press 50-40-30-20-10-10-20-30-40-50
SS
Calve ext (on leg press machine) 40-30-20-10-10-10-10-20-30-40

3 sets of incline weighted situps to failure.

Christman
09-17-12, 4:30 pm
Busy weekend, glad it's over.

Friday - chest and back
Inc hammer strength press
SS
Lat pull downs
Worked from sets of 30 down to sets of 5

DB bench
SS
Double bent over db rows
Worked from sets of 5 up to sets of 30

Monday - arms race
Cable ez bars curls
SS
OH rope extenstions
Worked from sets of 50 down to sets of 10

Double rope curls
SS
Tri push downs
Worked from sets of 10 up to sets of 50

Christman
09-19-12, 9:45 pm
I wanted to hit shoulders Tuesday night because I was thinking all day that our softball game was going to be cancelled due to the rain we had earlier in the day. Ended up having the game and had a good time regardless. I've been eating what feels like tons of food this week, mostly pretty clean but some junk here and there. I am not really on a diet right now but I don't want to go crazy and just end up getting fatter instead of adding a few lbs of muscle. Also started to front load creatine and got back on a regular schedule of taking BCAA's, glutamine, and fish oil and that feels really good. The best part is that I know taking in BCAA's, glutamine, and creatine both pre and PWO should really help me push harder in the gym and recover quicker after. Maybe that's why I am eating so much or maybe it's all mental and football season is to blame... haha.

Shoulders after work on Wednesday

Behind the neck BB presses
SS
Wide grip upright rows
Worked from sets of 40 each down to sets of 10 each

DB shoulder presses
SS
DB shrugs
Worked from sets of 10 each up to sets of 40 each

Christman
09-21-12, 9:34 am
Made sure to get legs in last night, I found out yesterday that we would be going to an Indian buffet for lunch today. So doing legs after that might be a bad idea.

Wheels
Leg presses - sets of 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50
SS
Calve presses - sets of 40, 30, 20, 10, 10, 10, 10, 20, 30, 40

No gym tonight but I am planning doing some doggio and then hitting chest/back on Saturday morning.

tark
09-21-12, 1:42 pm
Made sure to get legs in last night, I found out yesterday that we would be going to an Indian buffet for lunch today. So doing legs after that might be a bad idea.

Wheels
Leg presses - sets of 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50
SS
Calve presses - sets of 40, 30, 20, 10, 10, 10, 10, 20, 30, 40

No gym tonight but I am planning doing some doggio and then hitting chest/back on Saturday morning.

man good thinking on that...you would have been in a world of hurt hitting legs after that meal!!

Christman
09-22-12, 8:35 am
man good thinking on that...you would have been in a world of hurt hitting legs after that meal!!

For sure, it was a great meal but I sure as hell did not want to do anything after I hit that food-coma.

Christman
09-23-12, 7:51 pm
Chest and back on Saturday morning. Was a killer workout and had a great pump when I was done. Afterwards when I was watching the OSU game my wife reached over and grabbed my chest and said she thought that my chest was getting to be about the size of her's... lol. I guess I still had the pump from the workout. Anyways, here is the work.

Chest and back

Inc DB press
SS
Wide grip pulldowns
Sets of 30, 20, 10, 5, 5

Seated machine bench press
SS
Double DB rows on an incline bench
Sets of 5, 5, 10, 20, 30

This will be the last week of these crazy supersets, planning on going into something similar to Y3T soon.

Christman
09-25-12, 9:42 pm
Got really sick yesterday, doped up on some NyQuil after work and called it a night. I think I needed the sleep too.

Got arms in after work today and before my softball game.

EZ bar curls
SS
Cable pushdowns
Sets of 50, 40, 30, 20, 10

OH cable rope ext
SS
Close grip cable curls
Sets of 10, 20, 30, 40, 50

Christman
09-26-12, 10:43 pm
Last night of the odd supersets, gonna start Y3T on Friday.

Shoulders

Behind the neck BB presses
SS
Wide grip upright rows
Sets of 40, 30, 20, 15, 10

DB shoulder presses
SS
DB shrugs
Sets of 10, 15, 20, 30, 40

2 sets of hanging leg raises to finish it off.

Christman
09-29-12, 10:58 pm
Watching the Olympia right now, Ox looked fantastic.

Hit legs today before the OSU game, I am gonna be hurting for a while. It was the first day of Y3T so this week the rep ranges I was shooting for was 8-10. Did lots of warmup sets so only working sets will be listed.

Wheels

Squats - 4 sets
Hack squats - 4 sets
Leg ext - 4 sets

Lying leg curls - 4 sets
Stiff-legged DB deadlift - sets
Seated leg curls - 4 sets

Chest and tri's are on deck.

Christman
10-01-12, 11:26 am
Holy hell, my legs are in pain... gotta love it. Day two of Y3T so the rep ranges are still 8-10. Did lots of warmup sets so only working sets will be listed.

Chest and tri's

Inc DB press- 4 sets
Inc Db flys - 4 sets
Machine chest press - 4 sets

Striaght bar cable pressdowns - 4 sets
Overhead EZ bar cable ext - 4 sets

Monday is off-day, will either resume with back/biceps Tues or Wed depending on work and other schedules, all I need to do now is rest and eat, and eat, and eat.

Christman
10-02-12, 9:40 pm
Lol, in the past week I have a few people say something to me about me getting bigger overall or that my arms were huge. I just tell them that I have been eating like a horse. Now that I think about it, I was down to 175 during the Arnold Expo this year and now I am up to 215. With in a few weeks ending my diet back in mid March I was instantly back up to 190 and held that through the early summer mostly. I really stepped up my food intake over the past two months just to see how much meat I can pack on during the fall, so far I'm liking it... I eat all the time.

Back and bi's tonight

Lots of warm up sets and the rep range goal was 8-10 on working sets, only working sets listed

Wide grip pulldowns - 3 sets
T-bar rows - 3 sets
Rack pulls - 3 sets (these were fun!)
Seated cable rows - 3 sets

Barbell curls - 4 sets
Alt DB curls - 4 sets

Christman
10-03-12, 10:17 pm
Got in shoulder and calves tonight, been on hell of a week 1 on Y3T. These next two days of rest are much need... much food will be feeded and much sleep will be sleeped? Slept? Whatever.

All working sets 8-10, if I could get more, I did it then increased the weight for the next set.

DB lateral raises - 3 sets
Push press - 3 sets
Upright rows - 3 sets
Face pulls - 3 sets

Standing calf raises - 4 sets
Seated calf raises - 4 sets

Good night.

Christman
10-08-12, 10:58 am
Got wheels in Saturday and chest and tri's in on Sunday... much rest will be needed before heading back into the gym on Tuesday for back and bi's

Saturday - Wheels working sets were 14-16 reps

Hack squats - 4 sets
Smith machine front squats - 4 sets
Leg ext - 4 sets

Seated leg curls - sets
Standing 1-legged curls - 4 sets
Stiff leg DB deadlifts - 3 sets

Sunday - Chest and tri's working sets were 12-14 reps

Pec deck - 3 sets
Hammer strength incline press - 3 sets
Incline DB flys - 2 sets
Incline DB press - 2 sets

Seated DB triceps ext - 2 sets
Weight bench dips - 2 sets
Skull crushers - 2 sets
Wide grip tricep pushdowns - 2 sets

Christman
10-10-12, 2:21 pm
Back and bi's on Tuesday before my late night softball game. I was in a world of hurt during that game so I just came home, ate, and then went straight to bed.

Rep ranges for all working sets was 12-14

Back
Wide grip pulldowns - 4 sets
T-bar rows - 3 sets
Rack pulls - 2 sets - I LOVE THESE!

Bi's
Straight bar curls - 3 sets
Alt DB curls - 3 sets

Shoulders and calves tonight and then off until Saturday.

Christman
10-11-12, 9:24 am
Ended up having to stay late at work last night, so I am taking an extended lunch today to get shoulders and calves in. Used what time I had to myself last night to cook, make sure food was good for a few days and went to bed early.

Christman
10-12-12, 10:12 am
I did get my workout in on Thursday during lunch. Sometimes its nice to have a limited time at the gym, like during a lunch break. It forces you to limit rest periods and crank up the intensity to get everything in.

Shoulder and calves.

Shoulders rep range was 12-14 this week.

Lateral raises - 3 sets
Front BB raises - 3 sets
DB presses - 3 sets
Face pulls - 3 sets

Calves rep range was 16-20 this week

Donkey calve raises - 3 sets
One leg standing calves raises - 3 sets

Time to eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, and sleep.

Christman
10-18-12, 8:29 am
Despite the absence of logs here this week, I got the first week of high-volume Y3T in and it kicked my ass.

Saturday - Wheels
Leg Extensions- 2 triple drop sets of 30-40 reps
Barbell Squat- 2 sets of 20-25 reps
Barbell Lunge (From A Platform)- 2 sets of 15-20 reps
Leg Press- 2 sets of 40-50 reps

Sunday - Chest & triceps
Smith Machine Incline Bench Press- 3 triple drop sets of 12-15 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flyes- 3 drop set of 12-16 reps
Triceps Pushdown- 3 triple drop sets of 15-20 reps
Tricep Kickback (Performed with Cable)- 3 drop sets of 15-20 reps

Tuesday - Back & Biceps
Low Pulley Row To Neck- 2 working sets of 14-16 reps
Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown- 2 working sets of 14-16 reps
Lying T-Bar Row SS w/ Straight-Arm Pulldown- 2 working sets of 14-16 reps
Straight-Arm Dumbbell Pullover- 2 working sets of 16-20 reps
Leverage Low Row- 2 drop sets of 10-12 reps
EZ-Bar Curl- 3 working sets of 20-25 reps
Seated Dumbbell Curl- 2 drop sets of 12-15 reps

Wednesday - Shoulders and Calves
Seated Side Lateral Raise- 2 triple drop sets of 12-15 reps
Viking Press-3 working sets of 20-25 reps
Front Dumbbell Raise (Seated)- 2 working sets of 16-20 reps
Reverse Machine Flyes- 3 working sets of 14-16 reps
Seated Calf Raise- 2 drop sets of 20-25 reps
Standing Calf Raises- 2 drop sets of 20-25 reps

Kowboy
10-18-12, 8:44 am
Looking good, how is it working out w/ travel?

Christman
10-18-12, 8:49 am
Looking good, how is it working out w/ travel?

I have not been on the road yet, we keep getting dates pushed back due to issues with contracts being signed when customers say they are going to sign but that is to be expected. I'm guessing by the end of the year things will pick up with that though. In the meantime they have me doing some training and working on various projects - I am gainfully employed and I am thankful for that.

Christman
10-22-12, 1:38 pm
Hit it on Saturday and Sunday. I was at the gym when the OSU game was starting and planned to watch the game on the DVR once I got home so my wife and I could watch it together. Damn, it was hard not to catch any game spoilers at the gym since they had the game on. I got through it though, just keep my head down and the tunes cranked up. It was one hell of a game!

Saturday - Wheels
Hack Squat Machine - 4 working sets of 8-10 reps
Leg Press - 4 working sets of 8-10 reps
Leg Ext - 4 working sets of 8-10 reps
Lying Leg Curls - 4 working sets of 8-10 reps
Stiff-legged DB Deadlift - 4 working sets of 8-10 reps
Seated Leg Curls - 4 working sets of 8-10 reps

Sunday - Chest & Tris
Inc DB Press - 4 working sets of 8-20 reps
Inc Cable Flys - 3 working sets of 8-10 reps
Machine Bench Press - 3 working sets of 8-10 reps
Triceps Straight Bar Pushdown - 4 working sets of 8-10 reps
Seated OH DB Ext - 4 working sets of 8-10 reps

Christman
10-25-12, 8:39 am
Tuesday was back and bi's and Wednesday was shoulders and calves. Fall softball and kickball are finally over so it is nice to not have to worry about rushing through my workouts to make it to a game.

Tuesday - Back & bi's with rep range 8-10
T-bar rows - 3 sets
Rack pulls - 3 sets

Barbell curls - 4 sets
Alt DB curls - 4 sets

Wednesday - Shoulders & calves with rep range 8-10
Viking press - 3 sets
Upright rows - 3 sets
Face pulls - 3 sets

I also threw in 15 mins of moderate cardio after each one to get my body and mind back in the groove of things. Planning on staring a cut the first week of December, so slowly ramping things up until then.

tark
10-30-12, 9:51 am
Tuesday was back and bi's and Wednesday was shoulders and calves. Fall softball and kickball are finally over so it is nice to not have to worry about rushing through my workouts to make it to a game.

Tuesday - Back & bi's with rep range 8-10
T-bar rows - 3 sets
Rack pulls - 3 sets

Barbell curls - 4 sets
Alt DB curls - 4 sets

Wednesday - Shoulders & calves with rep range 8-10
Viking press - 3 sets
Upright rows - 3 sets
Face pulls - 3 sets

I also threw in 15 mins of moderate cardio after each one to get my body and mind back in the groove of things. Planning on staring a cut the first week of December, so slowly ramping things up until then.

still looking good in here buddy....i gotta ask tho what is a viking press it sounds cool as fuck! haha

Christman
10-31-12, 8:08 am
still looking good in here buddy....i gotta ask tho what is a viking press it sounds cool as fuck! haha

Thanks, I think we all go through spells here and there of just lurking around here and not posting. It's good to hear from you.

I use a leverage squat machine to do the viking presses, it's kind of like a cross between a push press and OHP but where the weight is on an lever out in front of you. I subbed them in for push presses while doing Y3T because I felt more comfortable doing them.

Kowboy
10-31-12, 8:39 am
Thanks, I think we all go through spells here and there of just lurking around here and not posting. It's good to hear from you.

I use a leverage squat machine to do the viking presses, it's kind of like a cross between a push press and OHP but where the weight is on an lever out in front of you. I subbed them in for push presses while doing Y3T because I felt more comfortable doing them.

They are awesome, we have done them before on Saturday's Event training.

Christman
11-01-12, 8:17 am
Got back in the gym on Monday and Tuesday this week, switching the days up a little so I can get a few extra things taken care of over the weekends. Plus with the holidays just around the corner, the weekends are going to be full of running around soon anyways.

Monday - Wheels
Rep ranges of working sets 14-16

Hack Squat - 4 sets
Smith Machine Front Squat - 4 sets
Leg Extensions - 4 sets

Seated Leg Curl - 4 sets
Seated Leg Curl (Single Leg) - 2 sets
Lying Leg Curl - 2 sets
Stiff-Legged Dumbbell Deadlift - 3 sets

Tuesday - Chest and triceps
Rep ranges of working sets 12-14

Pec Deck - 3 sets
Incline Machine Bench Press - 3 sets
Incline Dumbbell Flyes - 2 sets
Incline Dumbbell Press - 2 sets

Seated Triceps Press - 2 sets
EZ-Bar Lying Triceps Press - 2 sets
Wide-Grip Triceps Pushdown - 2 sets
Weighted Bench Dip - 2 sets

Thursday night will be back and biceps, YEAH BUDDY!

Christman
11-05-12, 9:08 am
Got my work in on Thursday and Friday last week and had a pretty full weekend with work and stuff around the house. I did use Sunday to bake a 17lb turkey and it turned out great. I saw them at the store last week for 75¢/lb so I figured I would pick one up and learn how to cook it. It turned out fantastic and I chowed down on it while watching some football on Sunday. Plus I have lots left over and pretty much have my protien source for most of my meals ready for the week.

Thursday - back and biceps with rep ranges of 12-14

Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown - 3 sets
T-Bar Row - 3 sets
Seated Cable Rows - 3 sets
Rack Pulls - 2 sets

BB Curl - 3 sets
DB Curl - 3 sets

Friday - shoulders and calves with rep ranges of 12-14 on shoulders and 16-20 on calves

Seated Side Lateral Raise - 3 sets
Standing Front Barbell Raise - 3 sets
Seated Dumbbell Press - 3 sets
Face Pulls - 3 sets

Donkey Calf Raises - 3 sets
Standing Calf Raises (Single Leg) - 3 sets

Christman
11-08-12, 8:18 am
Time to catch up on some logs, got legs in on Monday this week and chest and triceps done on Tuesday. I am really looking forward to the high volume back and bicep work tonight.

Monday - Wheels
Leg Extensions- 2 triple drop sets of 30-40 reps
Barbell Squat- 2 sets of 20-25 reps
Barbell Lunge (From A Platform)- 2 sets of 15-20 reps
Leg Press- 2 sets of 40-50 reps
Lying Leg Curls - 2 sets of 20-25 reps
Stiff-legged DB Deadlifts - 2 sets of 20-25 reps

Tuesday - Chest & triceps
Smith Machine Incline Bench Press- 3 triple drop sets of 12-15 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flyes- 3 drop set of 12-16 reps
Triceps Pushdown- 3 triple drop sets of 15-20 reps
OH Cable Rope Extensions- 3 drop sets of 15-20 reps

Christman
11-10-12, 6:36 pm
End of the high rep week...

Thursday - Back & Biceps
Low Pulley Row To Neck- 2 working sets of 14-16 reps
Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown- 2 working sets of 14-16 reps
Lying T-Bar Row SS w/ Straight-Arm Pulldown- 2 working sets of 14-16 reps
Straight-Arm Dumbbell Pullover- 2 working sets of 16-20 reps
Leverage Low Row- 2 drop sets of 10-12 reps
EZ-Bar Curl- 3 working sets of 20-25 reps
Seated Dumbbell Curl- 2 drop sets of 12-15 reps

Saturday - Shoulders and Calves
Seated Side Lateral Raise- 2 triple drop sets of 12-15 reps
Viking Press-3 working sets of 20-25 reps
Front Dumbbell Raise (Seated)- 2 working sets of 16-20 reps
Reverse Machine Flyes- 3 working sets of 14-16 reps
Seated Calf Raise- 2 drop sets of 20-25 reps
Standing Calf Raises- 2 drop sets of 20-25 reps

Christman
11-15-12, 8:00 am
Ended up having to work late on Monday so everything was pushed back a day so far this week. Not a bad thing though, I know that the extra day of rest was useful plus this gets me on the right days schedule for Thanksgiving coming up next week. I am also getting everything lined up and in order to go back on a cut starting the first Monday in December. It's hard to believe but come December it will only be three months until The Cage is back in Columbus. One last supplement order of Torrent, Casein, Stak, and Pak and I will be all set to kill the cut.

Tuesday - Wheels
Squats - 4 sets
Hack squats - 4 sets
Leg ext - 4 sets
Lying leg curls - 4 sets
Stiff-legged DB deadlift - 4 sets
Seated leg curls - 4 sets

Wednesday - Chest and tri's
Inc DB press- 4 sets
Inc Db flys - 4 sets
Machine chest press - 4 sets
Striaght bar cable pressdowns - 4 sets
Overhead DB ext - 4 sets

Christman
11-21-12, 1:33 pm
Got in to the groove with cardio, not an issue to throw it in after training and a PWO shake. I decided to take Sunday and Monday off from the gym since I spent a lot of time doing yardio making sure everything was good to go for the winter. Needed the extra day to get some soreness out of my back as well.

The way I see it is that I have about a week and a half beofre I get this cut going. Plan is 2 - 20 min cardio sessions each day. First one right after meal one upon waking and the second will be after training or in the evening after work on off days. This worked well for me last time I did it and only had to add 5 mins on each session once I noticed progress was stalling.

Saturday - Back & bi's with rep range 8-10
T-bar rows - 3 sets
Rack pulls - 3 sets

Barbell curls - 4 sets
Alt DB curls - 4 sets

Tuesday - Shoulders & calves with rep range 8-10
Viking press - 3 sets
Upright rows - 3 sets
Face pulls - 3 sets

Legs are on tap once I get off work today, hope to get out a bit early.

Christman
11-26-12, 9:28 pm
Got everything ordered and my plan all mapped out for cutting, will post it here this week if I have time. Time for me to get back on track and take off some of this fluff from summer and football season. This will also keep me from eating tons of junk food over the Christmas holiday. I think a week off will do me some good, let me decompress, and get me amped to go balls to the wall starting Dec. 3rd. It's hard to believe that the Cage and the Arnold are only three months away.

Christman
11-28-12, 2:24 pm
Starting Monday...

MEAL PLAN-
Meal 1
8 egg whites
1 cup oatmeal

Cardio - 20 mins

Meal 2/3/6
6oz chicken breast
brown rice or sweet potato
broccoli

Meal 4 (usually preworkout meal 60-90 mins prior)
tuna
brown rice or sweet potato
broccoli

Training

Meal 5 / PWO (will be same as meal 2 on off days)
Torrent

Cardio - 20 mins

Meal 7
Casein Pro

1-2 gallons of water
black coffee as needed

SUPPLEMENTATION-
with meal 1 prior to 1st cardio session - Pak, fish oil, BCAA's, green tea extract, l-carnitine, yohimbe
digestive enzymes with all other solid meals
preworkout - Stak (45 mins prior), BCAA's, green tea extract, l-carnitine, yohimbe, creatine, glutamine (non-stak on the way to gym, this will also be taken on off days prior to 2nd cardio session)
PWO - Torrent
bedtime - Casein Pro, GH Max (GH Max will begin after 6 weeks of Stak)

MACROS-
starting out it will be roughly 50% carbs(350g), 15% fats(40g), and 35% protein(250g). Carbs will be lowered or eliminated from later meals as needed to make sure progression is happening.

This is a combo of two plans that I have done in the past and have worked well for me so I figured I would combine what I though worked well and see what happens. I really like splitting up the cardio in to two sessions, it makes it easier to get it done in the morning before heading out to work instead of waking up to 30-60 mins of it everyday. Also, having cardio after training is a no brianer, just get it done. The carbs are a bit high to start off but will give me the option to lower them as my body adjusts to eating completely clean without having to add additional time to cardio. Cheats will be scheduled in along the way as needed, will be keeping them to a minimum and they will replace only one meal while all other meals during that day will happen as scheduled.