PDA

View Full Version : My first show

jon4389
12-20-11, 3:01 pm
hey everybody,

I am getting ready to start training for my first bodybuilding show which is a SNBF show in Gainesville,GA. I am 22 and a student at the University of Georgia. I am currently 210-212 lbs and 14.5% body fat. I am starting my training and diet Jan. 2nd when I get back to Athens after Christmas break. I am really looking forward to learning alot through this journey and seeing the transformation. I got one of your own helping me out along the way, Dantheman. So i am really excited to get going.

shortstack
12-20-11, 3:18 pm
Good luck in your prep. Were always here for support and a kick in the butt when you need it. Just put in all the hard work you can every minute of the prep. Once you're on stage you can't go back and wish you would have done the extra reps.

I'm trying to decide on another show for this next year my self.

Good luck again Brother.

Jeremy

Xander
12-20-11, 8:20 pm
Props to you for stepping up your game. The reward is how you feel after the show knowing you walked the path.

Positive vibes your way, will follow your thread

jon4389
01-02-12, 3:30 pm
Started my contest prep today. I did my cardio this morning and about to hit the weights in about an hour. I am feeling good, and excited to finally get started in slimming down and seeing more definition. I've been on a bulking diet the last few months so eating less is taking a little bit to get used to but its all worth it. Also I i weighed this morning and my starting weight it 220 lbs. Thanks for all the support.

jon4389
01-24-12, 10:40 am
Here is my workout split
Monday: chest and back. 30 min stair climber
Tuesday: bi's and tri's. 30 min stair climber
Wednesday: off
Thursday:shoulders. HIIT cardio 15 min
Friday: legs. 30 min stair climber

This is starting my 4th week of prep and I am down from 219 to 208. I am reaching that point where I am probably going to have to up my cardio and play with my diet a little bit to keep losing fat.

Right now my macros are
Protein 220 g per day
Carbs 135 g per day
Fats 35 g per day

Enforcer
01-24-12, 11:11 am
Best of luck at your first show bro, enjoy it all and take in as much as you can, its gonna go by fast, keep your eye on the prize and train your ass off.

C.Coronato
01-24-12, 2:44 pm
Lets go brotha!! Best of luck and ill be following along!

jon4389
01-30-12, 9:33 am
Thanks Christian, Danny and I have been doing work. I never knew posing practice could be such a workout ha. I had a question, how often would you do hiit cardio a week during prep? Also congrats on setting a world record at your powerlifting comp! 1500 is quite the accomplishment man.

deanna7272
01-30-12, 10:22 am
Can't wait to watch this all unfold... I started prep on the 2nd also ((just an entirely diiferent animal than what you're doing, but prep IS prep!!..lol)) Danny is a good guy to have in your corner, he knows the bumps you may run into, he just went through it himself...lol Always good to hava a solid support system, because the the mainstream just don't/won't get it....

Best of luck, keep hitting it hard!!

C.Coronato
01-30-12, 5:09 pm
Thanks Christian, Danny and I have been doing work. I never knew posing practice could be such a workout ha. I had a question, how often would you do hiit cardio a week during prep? Also congrats on setting a world record at your powerlifting comp! 1500 is quite the accomplishment man.

Thanks brotha!

When i did do HIIT (i only did it for one show prep) i did it 6 days a week for 40 mins. 10 mins warm up, 10 mins cool down, 20 actual HIIT. I did that post workout. I also did LISS in the AM before breakfast for 30-60 mins

jon4389
02-06-12, 2:10 pm
I am down to 205 and I was really glad to finally see those numbers on the scale haha. I am 8 weeks 4 days outs now. I have upped my cardio to 45min 4 days a week and doing hiit twice a week but still only cardio 4 days a week.
Macros:
Carbs: 130
Protein:230
Fat:35
Still guzzling the water down and started my first can of cuts last Saturday. Looking forward to seeing this unfold. Also posing practice is going well and still getting used to it a little bit. I wish I was going up to ohio for the Arnold but don't have it in the budget right now but I know its gonna be a heck of a time up there. Thanks everybody for the continuing support.

GoldieLocks
02-11-12, 12:09 pm
I am down to 205 and I was really glad to finally see those numbers on the scale haha. I am 8 weeks 4 days outs now. I have upped my cardio to 45min 4 days a week and doing hiit twice a week but still only cardio 4 days a week.
Macros:
Carbs: 130
Fat:35
Still guzzling the water down and started my first can of cuts last Saturday. Looking forward to seeing this unfold. Also posing practice is going well and still getting used to it a little bit. I wish I was going up to ohio for the Arnold but don't have it in the budget right now but I know its gonna be a heck of a time up there. Thanks everybody for the continuing support.

KEEP IT UP! Bodybuilding is size and shred. My first show was when i was 23, it's a fun time, lots of learning, lots of ups and downs, just journal it all so you can look back and see what did what to your physique.
Wish you the VERY best, Kill it Kid.

jon4389
02-20-12, 2:04 pm
hey everybody, sorry for taking so long to post again. Between school, work, working out and cardio I don't have alot of free time but that is alright with me. I am down to 202 and started carb cycling today. I have to high days during the week and 5 low days. My high days are 240 carbs and low are 110. I have started to up my cardio to about an hour of low intensity 3 days a week and HIIT 2 days a week. I tell you guys its getting to that point where I am starting to crave some good old fashioned fat food haha but I am sticking to the diet and seeing results. I keep finding motivation by looking on youtube about Evan Centeponi's journey to the arnold this year and watching old videos of Fankhouser getting ready for the olympia and that helps keep me motivated big time. I am getting a little nervous about if I am going to be ready in time for the contest, I am 6 weeks and 4 days out. I am gonna keep hitting the weights hard and killing the cardio I cant wait to see what I look like on contest day and how far I will have come. I just gotta keeping going hard!!
Thanks again everybody for the advice and support it really helps more than you know.

jon4389
03-19-12, 10:13 pm
I am 2 weeks and 5 days out from my contest. I sent in my entry form today so I am pretty excited about that. I am still around 199 lbs but still leaning out. My progress has slowed a little bit so I have up my cardio to 2 hours a day. I am really lean just my abs arent looking like I want them to so I am really being super strict with my diet and cardio. My carbs are about 25 on my low day and 160 on high days. The low carb days definitely get tough with all the cardio but itll all be worth it on stage. I am really excited to see what I will look like on stage. It seems like it was just yesterday that I was just starting my journey and now I am less than 3 wks out. Its unreal. You found out alot about yourself going through a journey like this...

C.Coronato
03-20-12, 1:49 pm
I am 2 weeks and 5 days out from my contest. I sent in my entry form today so I am pretty excited about that. I am still around 199 lbs but still leaning out. My progress has slowed a little bit so I have up my cardio to 2 hours a day. I am really lean just my abs arent looking like I want them to so I am really being super strict with my diet and cardio. My carbs are about 25 on my low day and 160 on high days. The low carb days definitely get tough with all the cardio but itll all be worth it on stage. I am really excited to see what I will look like on stage. It seems like it was just yesterday that I was just starting my journey and now I am less than 3 wks out. Its unreal. You found out alot about yourself going through a journey like this...

Damn getting close bro! Any pics?

jon4389
03-20-12, 2:28 pm
Damn getting close bro! Any pics?

Man i know! its crazy how fast its gone by. I am upping my cardio to around 2 hours a day. My abs are not coming in as good as I like so I've dropped my carbs to 50 for 5 days and then 120 2 days a week. I'll post some progress pics, I am still trying to figure out the forum a little. I am excited about my contest though, I sent in my entry form yesterday so that made it pretty real haha. Danny and I might be competing together in july at one of the shows hes doing so that's pretty cool too!

jon4389
03-22-12, 7:40 am
so i am now 16 days out.... I am really getting excited and anxious for the contest. I am still questioning whether I will be ready or will look the best I could have but thats what my second contest will be fore, improvement on this one. My diet is still 50 carbs 5 days a week and 120 two days a week. Fats on low carb days are 60 and high days theyre 30. Protein is 230. I never really eat candy when I am not dieting but I dont know why, but I am craving a candy bar really bad. It hits me real hard after I do my last bit of cardio at night haha. I ordered my pro tan and all that good stuff so its getting pretty real. Its time to buckle down and finish strong. I got shoulders and cardio today so gonna hit it hard! Always working!

jon4389
03-22-12, 7:43 am
KEEP IT UP! Bodybuilding is size and shred. My first show was when i was 23, it's a fun time, lots of learning, lots of ups and downs, just journal it all so you can look back and see what did what to your physique.
Wish you the VERY best, Kill it Kid.

Hey thanks so much for looking at my journey and encouraging me. The support helps out a ton. I am really excited for my contest and getting a little bervous but I am killing it in the gym to look the best as possible.

jon4389
03-22-12, 7:45 am
Can't wait to watch this all unfold... I started prep on the 2nd also ((just an entirely diiferent animal than what you're doing, but prep IS prep!!..lol)) Danny is a good guy to have in your corner, he knows the bumps you may run into, he just went through it himself...lol Always good to hava a solid support system, because the the mainstream just don't/won't get it....

Best of luck, keep hitting it hard!!

Hey man thanks for the support, Danny is a great guy. He has helped me out a ton. Sorry for my late response. I've really been slacking on my posting lately. School getting in the way haha. What kind of contest are you prepping for?

jon4389
03-22-12, 7:47 am
Good luck in your prep. Were always here for support and a kick in the butt when you need it. Just put in all the hard work you can every minute of the prep. Once you're on stage you can't go back and wish you would have done the extra reps.

I'm trying to decide on another show for this next year my self.

Good luck again Brother.

Jeremy
Thanks for looking at my journey man. Its getting pretty tough fitting in the cardio and workouts between my work and school schedule but I got 16 days left so I can't make excuses. Have you decided to do another show?

jon4389
03-25-12, 8:55 pm
I am 13 days out from my first contest my macros are as follows.
Carbs:70
Fats:40

I have played around with my diet a little bit and tried a keto day and felt terrible so I think I will stick to the basics for this contest and try different things for the next contest. I know 13 days out is not the time to be trying new things. Just sticking to what works. My workouts are going good, I am still killing it in the gym I just dont have the energy that I would other wise but that is to be expected. My cardio is at 2 hours a day 6 days a week. I upped it the this last week because my abs were not coming in like I wanted them to and I wasn't really pleased with my physique. I am down to 197 from 200 so I am looking a little more trim and my abs are coming in better now. I am more focused and motivated than I have been my whole 12 week prep. It does not feel like it has been 10 weeks at all. It has flown by. I would love to win the novice class of my contest but just seeing the transformation of my body and knowing I have the discipline to do this is enough reward in itself. I have never been this lean before. The last time I weighed 197 was in the 8th grade. I am currently a senior in college haha. I cant thank everyone enough that has wrote on my journey and gave me kind and supporting words. My prep has had ups and downs but its been a great ride and I still have 2 weeks. I am going to keep killing it in the gym and busting it at cardio and do everything I can to look my best contest day. Achieving a goal is meaningless if you have not had to sacrifice for it. Achieving this goal is not meaningless.